A little Mid-day Mischief

Margo Liddell

OOC First Name
Amy
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Griffin Feather
After a long and eventful week, Saturday had finally arrived. Margo had been looking forward to this day since she had first received her schedule, going to bed each night with dreams of her first flying lesson. At home she used to spend hours just watching the birds, envying them for being able to do something she never would; that is, until she learned about being a witch. Of all the magic she had seen, Margo had been looking forward most to flying.

Unfortunately, Margo's day had not resembled her dreams in the slightest. It had both fallen dreadfully short and far surpassed them, and by the time she was dismissed, Margo was exhausted from the emotions that had passed through her over the last few hours. It seemed she had experienced everything from elation to desperation today. It was perhaps because of this that Margo decided to retreat to the great lawn rather than going off to explore the vast expanses of the Hogwarts castle.

After a moment or two Margo spotted a promising looking tree not far from the lake and decided to settle down at let herself become lost in thought. She sat down at the base of the tree closing her eyes and letting herself indulge in a few moments of melancholy. Why had she had so much trouble commanding a broom? Perhaps she was just a shoddy witch. She was a muggle born after all.

At that last thought Margo felt a flash of anger toward herself; she hated when others judged people because of the way they were born and was not about to tolerate it of herself. No Margo thought, I will prove to myself and everyone that blood doesn't matter. I will become a great witch. Margo smiled at that, only now remembering the most important fact of the day. She had performed real magic. The memory was like a drug, and soon, Margo needed more.

Then and there, at the base of that giant tree, Margo decided she was going to practice some magic. She looked around carefully, making sure no adults or older students were any where near her. Margo was unsure if what she was about to do was breaking the rules, but then, Margo had never really been one for rules anyway. Using her excellent memory Margo recalled a spell she had read in her charms book, practicing the wrist motion she had seen other students using. Once she was confident she had the movements down Margo took her wand and found a rather large twig. Placing the twig in front of her she again made the motions, this time accompanying them with the words "Wingardium Leviosa". The twig rose an inch before falling.

Margo spent the next thirty minutes practicing the spell, trying different enunciations of the words and varying her movements slightly. As Margo's confidence in herself grew, so did her ability to perform the spell, and soon, she was able not only to fully lift the stick, but to guide it from place to place, and even gently bring it to rest back on the ground. Lost in her joy, Margo performed the spell over and over again, Her eyes becoming brighter with each success, and soon she thought Well, I guess I'm not such a shoddy witch after all

Saturday was tiring for Isla, doing flying, is the tiring job ever that she had done. Not that she hated it, Isla is loving the school now except the stereotypical Slytherins. They're more like the teenagers in the movies rather than in real life. The young Ravenclaw decided to take a nap at the tower, in the Ravenclaw common room. But once she and Kaleb parted ways, Isla thought of going at the great lawn and relaxed and was going to invite Kaleb, but she thought that he has some better things to do than chat with her. Isla shrugged and proceeded at the great lawn. The hike coming down from the castle to the lawn was a bit of exercise and does she vowed that she will change her boots if she ever go down to the lawn again.

The sun was so bright that she automatically took off her long school cloak and hanged it on her right arm. As Isla neared a large oak tree, she caught a glimpse of a hovering large twig. Maybe someone is practicing a spell or a ghost of some sort Isla thought, she swallowed hard because of the fear that went through her spine but then again, Isla only saw ghost inside the castle and never outside. The young scared Ravenclaw walked slowly toward the hovering large twig, she frowned at the person, not a ghost, wand in hand and pointed at the large twig. Her first guessed was right was right, it wasn't a ghost and Isla sigh in relief.

Isla clapped her hand at the girl doing the spell, she might not be in Ravenclaw because if she is, she wouldn't know that spell she thought to herself still clapping her hands. Once her clapping had ended, she walked closer at the girl and stop ten feet away from her, she smiled and asked, "What class did you learned that?" Isla was always curious about everything new, she won't stop until she has the answers Isla was looking for. "And what is that spell?" She asked again but with excitement. Isla thought to use it to the Slytherin people who will bully her, she never been bully because her elementary school has a no tolerance whatsoever on bullying, caught and you will get expelled. Thinking it makes her smile looked evil and will do evil as long as she's the victim.

Margo had become so absorbed in her own thoughts that she had become completely oblivious to the real world. Images of herself as a grown witch doing marvelous things were all the young girl could see. Now that she had mastered a spell Margo felt there was nothing she couldn't do. She was on top of the world, invincible, and no one was going to bring her down. She was determined to become a great witch. Completely certain, as only young people can be, that one day she would change the world.

It was because of her daydreaming that Margo had no indication that anyone was approaching her until she heard the clapping. Startled, Margo jumped, losing all concentration and causing the stick she had been hovering to drop suddenly to the ground. Oh cr*p she thought to herself, worrying that it might be a teacher come to scold her. Relief filled Margo's eyes when she saw it was simply a girl around her own age, and she smiled brightly as the other child approached.

Margo blushed slightly at the girls question. She didn't know if practicing magic on her own like she had was against the rules or not, and she was somewhat worried that she would be judged for having done so. Margo, however, was not one for lying without very good cause, so despite her fear she answered truthfully, "We actually haven't learned it yet, but we will be in charms. I read about it in my text book, and since I'm a from a muggle family I wanted to try magic just to, you know, make sure I'm really a witch." Slightly startled at having admitted this to a total stranger Margo felt her blush deepen but continued speaking anyway, "It's the Wingardium Leviosa charm, a hovering spell."

Margo was a clever child, and so she noticed the girls excitement. She grinned, knowing she would feel the same, and decided to try to form a kind of bond with her. "You're a first year, right?" Margo asked, knowing that if she wasn't a first year the girl would have learned to spell already. "And a Ravenclaw I think. I saw you in my potions class, and you're not a Gryffindor or I would have seen you in my dorm, so you have to be a Ravenclaw." She deduced before holding out her hand and continuing, "I'm Margo by the way, first year Gryffindor. Would you like me to teach you the spell?"

Isla didn't meant to startled the girl in front of her. It was her fault any ways from coming out behind the big old oak tree, she smiled apologetically. She was taken back when the girl told her that she and the rest of them didn't learned it yet, Isla frowned with a slightly open mouth. And her frowned went so hard when the told her that she just wanted to know if she is a real witch. She's a muggleborn like me she thought and her frown disappeared, making it at ease and smiled. "So you're a muggleborn ..." Isla trailed off, hands at her back as she inched another step. "I'm a muggleborn too, except I never thought of becoming a witch." Isla continued and saw how read the girl was in front of her. The Ravenclaw nodded as the girl told her what the spell was.

I can practice that spell to someone else Isla thought while her smile was fixed on her lips and she will also have advantage next semester for whatever class that spell is taught. Isla nodded again at the girl as she asked Isla if she's a first year, "Yeah, I am and a curious one as well." She giggled, Isla had not yet gotten into trouble because of her curiousity and she hope it will stay that way. But a little bit of fun won't hurt and she knew that already. "I never saw you in potions class and yeah, Ravenclaw chick here. Well, I never pay attention at anyone except that hottie, who is my friend, and that Professor. Next time I'll pay attention." Isla laughed at what she had just said, her voice has kindness in them but if the tone came out wrong then she will apologize.

The girl then stretched her hand out to her for a shake and she introduce herself as Margo and she is from Gryffindor. Isla took the hand and shook it firmly, "Isla and yes, please. I would love to learn it." She told Margo. So I can have revenge to any Slytherins that will bully me Isla's smile turned into a smirked as she taught her plans. Margo can help her if she is willing to do it. Isla bet she too was bullied by Slytherins, who thinks they owned the world. Well they are wrong ... Very wrong She wanted to start her evil laugh but she couldn't in front of her new found friend.

Seeing the look on Isla's face when Margo had told her about teaching herself only increased the Gryffindor's worry that the other girl would not approve of her actions. However, her worry soon dissipated as Isla's face transformed. "Yeah, I'm a muggleborn," she replied, and grinned when Isla told her that she, too, was a muggleborn. When Isla took a step forward Margo motioned her hand, patting the ground next to her and saying, "Come on and have a seat. I promise not to bite you." Margo giggled at the thought of doing something so ludicrous to someone she had just met.

Margo wasn't surprised that the Ravenclaw had never thought of becoming a witch. Most muggles thought witches were just fairy stories or something to dress up as for Halloween. Margo smiled when Isla confirmed that her guess that she was a first year had been correct. The small girl tried not to be a know it all, but she couldn't help loving to be correct. Smiling, Margo nodded. If the girl's curiosity would explain why she had come over to Margo in the first place.

Raising an eyebrow playfully at Isla's next words Margo giggled, leaning in and conspiratorially and saying in a staged whisper, "Ohhhh, a hottie, eh? And what would this hottie's name be? I can keep a secret, I promise." Margo's eyes glittered with mischief as she winked. She hoped that Isla wouldn't mind her asking, but the other girl had brought it up after all. She had meant it when she said she could keep a secret, and she dearly wanted this girl to trust her, hoping that they could become friends. "And don't Worry, no need to pay attention to little old Margo when there's a hottie around," Margo added with a friendly laugh.

After shaking Isla's hand Margo jumped up and began searching for another stick. Having found a likely candidate Margo half walked, half skipped back over to what she was starting to think of as their spot. She placed the twig in front of Isla before sitting back down and getting to the lesson. "Alright, first things first. The wrist motion is a kinda swoop followed by a flick," Margo explained while demonstrating. "Here, you try." She watched Isla, giving her a few pointers and when the Ravenclaw mastered it, continued. "Now, the words are 'Wingardium Leviosa'. I found the best way to pronounce it is win-GAAAR-dium levi-O-sa. Lots of emphasis on the o, and kind of draw out the gar part."

Margo practiced the spell some more herself as she waited for Isla to get it down, making her stick do increasingly complicated aerial tricks and laughing at herself when she messed up, causing the stick to fall on her head. She was enjoying her time with Isla, and liked being able to teach another student magic. "Just think, if we both get really good at this maybe we can make some of those snotty muggleborn hating slytherins levitate into the lake or something," Margo said with laughter in her voice, only half joking. Margo was daydreaming of doing just what she had said when she noticed a boy not far from where they were. Margo felt her breath catch a little. He was quite possibly one of the most beautiful boys Margo had ever seen. Margo nudged Isla gently, being careful not to startle the girl, and motioned with her head toward the boy. "Speaking of hotties, who in the world is that." Margo whispered, hoping that maybe she and Isla could form a bond talking about boys.

Isla smiled as Margo invited her to seat with her and without hesitation, she did. crossed her legs like a Native American would do. "I know you won't bite, you seems a friendly lion." She giggled and knew that her joke was off but she tries hard to make everyone laughs. Isla's face felt hot when Margo ask who was the hottie that she was referring to but also frowned. Kaleb is a first year Gryffindor, so, Margo will know who she is talking about. "You probably know who the hottie ---I mean my friend." Isla said wincing as she kept using the word 'Hottie'. Kaleb is more like her best friend rather than a friend; she eats, go to class and spend time with him all the time rather than Eugene, her other almost best friend. Thinking about it makes her feel guilty about Eugene.

"His name is Kaleb Bane, Gryffindor, that's why I said you probably know him." She continued to tell Margo and smiled weakly, she like the guy but she doesn't want their friendship ruined. "Thanks for keeping it a secret. He doesn't know I like him." Isla sigh but drama wont do anything, so, she smiled again as Margo continued about the one on one demonstration about the spell. Isla took out her wand and followed how Margo did it, she nodded as she told her how to pronounce it better, so, that the spell wont get wrong. They practiced on another twig until they almost perfected it. When Margo said something about the Slytherins. Oh, how she lives the idea that she said and did her evil laugh just for fun.

"I like how you think." Isla said in approval. After a minute or so of doing spell. Isla felt a nudged on her side and that made her loose control of the twig, it fell onto the ground. Margo said something about a guy and she pointed behind Isla. The Ravenclaw taught that Kaleb had followed her but no, it was Eugene. Her heart skipped a beat, Eugene was handsome, caring and funny, that guy that understands her after Kaleb though. The second guy friend she has. Isla looked back at the twig and did the spell again, it hover faster than she thought it would be. She was a beginner. "That's just Eugene Symthe, my other guy friend, he helped me on my flying." She said absently, but then something clicked on her mind. A prank for Eugene just to make him laugh.

She undid that spell again so suddenly, the twig bounces off a couple more feet. "Hey, are you up for some prank?" Isla asked, enthusiasm on her face, they will only do a mild prank as she's friends with the guy. "We can actually do the spell we're just learning." The young Ravenclaw looked at the lake and saw a bunch of frogs, some were hopping and some just minding their own business. Isla stood up and explained the plan to Margo. "Okay, we hide behind this tree as I think Eugene will pass it anyway, then we hover some frogs where he will set foot and on my count, we will undo the spell and the frogs will land on his head. Eugene might shriek but this is just for fun." After explaining the plan.

She and Margo went behind the tree but oppiste where her friend Eugene is, ready to strike. Isla started to point her wand at one frog and so does Margo. The two levitated the frogs just a more feet higher than Eugene's height.
OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the godmodding :erm:

Margo burst into a fit of giggles at Isla's lion joke and smiled at the girl. Margo loved to laugh, and instantly liked anyone who could make her do so. From that moment on, Margo would think of Isla as a friend. Noticing the blush that spread across the pretty Ravenclaw's face Margo gave her a reassuring smile. Margo hoped she hadn't killed the conversation by asking such a question, and was relieved when Isla answered. The Gryffindor's interest grew tenfold when she discovered that she might actually know the boy. He must be a Gryffindor as well then she thought to herself.

When Isla said the boys name Margo felt a strange sort of joy. Kaleb! Her partner in crime! Margo was quite fond of Kaleb, and was glad that someone seemed to like him. He deserved some positive attention. "Oh Kaleb? I do know him, we're getting to be quite close actually," Margo replied, quickly adding "as friends I mean. I don't, you know, like him like him or anything." Margo wasn't sure if Isla had a crush on Kaleb or merely thought he was cute, but she wanted to be certain Isla didn't see her as competition for their friends attention.

The tiny girl was soon glad she had clarified however, as Isla soon confessed to liking Kaleb. "Don't worry, I won't breath a word. It isn't my place to tell." Margo assured the girl, her expressive eyes showing only honesty. "He did mention you in conversation the other day though," Margo added with a smile, sincerely hoping that her new friends feelings would one day be returned. Margo flashed Isla a mischievous grin when the girl said she liked the way Margo thought. She was glad that Isla didn't seem to be excessively strict on rules. "Why thank you my dear. I do have a rather brilliant mind, don't I?" Margo joked, exaggeratedly twirling a long strand of hair around her finger. She allowed herself a few moments to laugh before continuing the lesson.

Somewhat surprised that Isla knew the attractive boy she had pointed out Margo felt her eyes widen a little. She hoped that Isla wouldn't tell Eugene what she had said and eagerly agreed to the prank, hoping that it would make Isla forget that she had called her friend a hottie. Besides, it might give her an opportunity to make a new friend. "I am never one to turn down a prank, what did you have in mind?" Margo asked. A mischevious grin crept across Margo's face, and soon she was racing stealthily down to the lake to catch two fat green frogs, careful to stay out of Eugene's sight. This proved difficult, as the frogs were both slippery and fast, and little Margo found herself nearly falling into the water a few times. Finally, Margo made her way back to Isla, only then remembering that she probably could have just used the spell to get the frogs in the first place rather than making herself look like a loon.

Saying as much to Isla she placed the frogs on the ground and quickly performed the spell in a whisper. Her eyes followed the startled looking frogs as they hovered in the air, slowly floating over to rest in the air a few feet above Eugene's head. Margo stifled a giggle, thinking of how strange this would look should anyone happen to glance out from the castle and see what was occurring. Not taking her eyes from the frogs for fear she would let the frog fall early. "Alright," Margo whispered, "On my count. One, Two, Three!" On three Margo let the frog drop and quickly ducked behind the tree.

The weather was improving day by day and it cheered up the whole school.Even though Eugene was slighly sad to see the snow melting,he liked taking walks around the castle grounds when the sun was shining and the breeze ruffled his hair.He usually took the walks barefoot because the grass felt great against his feet.He wore khakis and a blue plaid cotton shirt with it's sleeves rolled up to his elbows.His sandy brown hair was falling into his eyes and he considered giving himself a haircut.

He had followed the usual path that he took on his walks and was now nearing the lake where here would dip his feet in the water and get a bit of relaxation.He could hear frogs croaking in the distance and knew they were probably enjoying the weather too.As he neared the huge tree that was his usual spot to relax,the croaking got louder and closer which he found slightly odd.And then he realized the sounds were coming from right above his head but it was too late.The two frogs fell on him,one landing on his head and the other on his shoulder.He yelped in shock and surprise as he smacked off the frog from his head and the frog that was sitting on his shoulder jumped away.

Eugene just stood there in shock.For a moment he had been scared pretty badly.He had never heard anything about flying frogs and these ones looked completely ordinary.A few moments later he realized that it must be a prank and his eyes scanned the lawn to look for the culprit.Then he noticed someone's hair peeking out from behind the huge tree.In a few long strides he reached the tree and looked at the two girls hiding behind it.And he knew one of them.Isla the girl he had met just a few days ago and he had helped her with flying.

"Isla you scared the bejesus out of me!" he exclaimed when he saw her.His tone was slightly irritated but more awed that these two girls had pulled off such a cool prank.He didn't know what was the other girl's name but he had seen her in classes and knew she was a Gryffindor.She was cute and that is why he had noticed her.She was tiny just like Isla and had huge eyes that were green and long dark hair."Whos your pretty friend?" he asked Isla while his eyes were still on the Gryffindor girl and he didn't realize just how much he was smiling.But then he looked at Isla and his smile turned mischievious,"and what are you guys up to?" he asked as he noticed both of their wands were out like they were practicing magic.

As Margo counted to three, Isla undid her spell as well as Margo. It landed just right on the target which is Eugene. The scene was hilarious as her friend shrieked, Isla couldn't hold her laughter but she has too or Eugene will hear her and Isla and Margo will be busted. And they did but not because of their suppressed laughter, it was because of her damn hair as it was brushed up by the air itself. Isla suddenly tucked the hair that was brushed up but jumped in horror as Eugene came out of nowhere.

Hell, stupid hair Isla thought, it was the only reason she could think of. "Well, next time don't roam around just by yourself." She told Eugene and giggled after. She had to much friend to have fun with and she wanted more if she will be here for a long time. Isla then frowned as Eugene refer to Margo as pretty, she wasn't jealous, to think of it, Eugene and Margo are great together. "That pretty girl is my new friend, Margo. She's the one who taught me the spell and prank." Isla might have lied at the last part but it might get Margo more closer to Eugene if she did so.

She wasn't against on friends getting romantic at the other, Isla might just pushed them together and plan their dates and whatever. "We were just hanging out and stuff. Practicing some cool spells like the hovering charm or whatever." Isla said while picking up a lost frog that was getting near her. For Isla, frogs aren't gross, she might ast girly but she would prefer to get dirty if she needed too. "Are you just walking around after the flying lesson?" She asked curious.

She had not been this talkative since she got here but friends are friends, you will not get any of that if you're not talkative. "Oh, and by the way, you two. Be careful talking to me because I just found out that I have an identical at the school. I heard her name is Darcy Sparhawk, call my name if you two see which ever is which." Isla exclaimed, worry on her tone, she can't help it but to warn them, what if she steals her friends? worst, she might steal Kaleb as well or make her friends fight with each other. I should warn Kaleb as well Isla thought to herself.

Hearing the boy yelp in surprise Margo quickly slapped her hands over her mouth to silence the laughter that was causing her whole body to shake. Their prank had worked! The little Gryffindor looked gleefully over at Isla and felt her eyes widen as a chilly breeze caused the other girls long hair to suddenly lift up. Isla quickly gained control of her hair, but not soon enough. A guilty grin covered Margo's face when she saw Eugene pop up suddenly behind Isla. Well, hopefully he's a good sport was the last thought Margo had before the boy spoke.

Eugene seemed mildly irritated, which was to be expected after a frog lands on your head, but he also appeared to be excited about the prank. It was because of this excitement that Margo took an instant liking to him, shooting him an appreciative smile while silently thanking the Gods for bringing her another new friend. At least she hoped Eugene would be a new friend. Only time will tell I suppose, Margo thought to herself while giggling along with Isla.

Margo was so lost in her own thoughts that she nearly missed Eugene calling her pretty. Feeling a slight blush rushing to her cheeks Margo bit her lip to hide the goofy smile that threatened to come out. She could not, however, stop her expressive eyes from glowing with a sort of confused, excited wonder. Perhaps a second too late Margo looked at the ground to give herself a moment to think. No one had ever called her pretty before. Margo was only just beginning to notice that boys were somewhat....different than girls, and was a bit confused at the strange sensation she felt at the compliment. She shot Isla an appreciative smile at the introduction, feeling a rush of gratitude and warmth towards the other girl. Isla was trying to make her look good! This was certainly a day of firsts.

Margo let Isla speak first to answer Eugene's question before adding, "Yeah, and trying to get over my shameful display at our flying lesson this morning. I could barely get the broom of the ground, I thought I was going to die of shame. I better not be awful at flying or I'm going to need a heck of a lot of practice if I hope to make quidditch." Margo looked over when she noticed Isla picking up the frog, but was unfazed. Margo had been raised by an adventurous mother who wouldn't blink twice at picking up frogs, and Margo never understood girls who freaked out at touching certain animals under the pretense of being girly. Margo was a girl herself after all and had no such notions.

Margo listened to Isla go on about some look alike. How strange for there to be someone who looked just like her friend. It seemed like more than a coincidence, but Margo figured it wasn't her place to say. She nodded her head in agreement to what Isla was saying before turning her attention back on Eugene, curious to hear his answer to Isla's question regarding what he was doing. Before she had time to think Margo heard herself adding with her usual boldness and a playful smile, "You're more then welcome to hang out with us if you'd prefer not to be alone. We wouldn't want anymore frogs falling on you after all."

Eugene grinned as Isla said that he shouldn't roam around by himself and said,"Well I'll be more careful next time,looking out for flying frogs and other things," he said rolling his eyes as Isla giggled.Girls! Eugene had never had any friends so he was having a good time at Hogwarts making friends but so far he had met many girls and very few boys and he hoped that would change soon.He needed a mate to keep him sane.

"It's nice to meet you Margo and I must say that It was some brilliant display of magic and mischief by you two. I'm a bit of a prankster myself but Hufflepuff has to win the house cup and I don't want to spoil our chances.So you can call on me for any pranks you might want to pull as long as I am not caught" he said with a crooked grin.He knew that it was too early to say anything about the House cup but his comment would definitely get reactions from the girls since they both had their own houses to support.

He listened as Margo said that she hadn't done well in the flying lesson."Hey that's okay,you will be up in the air in no time.You just have to be confident,Margo.You're a witch you can do it!" he told her trying to boost her confidence.Eugene was always going around trying to motivate people that they could fly just like he had for Isla."And on that note I should give you the good news,I made the team! I'm the new Hufflepuff Quidditch team seeker!" he said doing a little goofy victory dance with his hands.He had been so happy about this new but he didn't want to seem proud or anything.

"Yeah I was just taking a walk in the grounds,the weather's getting better so why not? But I think I'll hang out with you two and see what other tricks you've got.Or maybe we could prank someone else? It would be fun to see someone else freakout like I did back there." he said returning Margo's smile.She seems pretty bold,must be a Gryffindor he thought as he listened to Isla talk about another girl who looked just like her,and that was pretty cool.Maybe they were doppelgangers.Eugene had read somewhere that there were 7 people in the world who look exactly like each other.He wondered how it would be it he found someone that looked like him.They could play awesome pranks that would be for sure

"Maybe she is your long lost identical twin." Eugene said trying to be serious but cracking up and laughing and sticking his tongue out at her.The idea was funny because it was just so ridiculous.Things like that only happened in movies not it real life."Okay no more joking,but maybe you could be friends with her,Isla,I mean you two could freak someone out by acting like you were in two places at one,cool huh?" he told Isla trying to cheer her up."Unless shes a mean Slytherin of course because then that might be a problem." he added on a more serious note.But Eugene had to meet her.

With her piercing green eyes fixed intently on her new friends Margo tried desperately to get her thoughts under control. The tiny eleven year old had never had trouble making friends, but since the passing of her mother, Margo had been more reserved, keeping to herself in her grief. Coming to Hogwarts had awoken the old Margo, but it seemed her conversational skills where a bit rusty; she was having some trouble keeping track of the conversation. Her head somewhat clearer Margo shared a conspiratorial smile with Isla when Eugene called their. If only Kaleb was here to see the pretty Ravenclaws mischievousness side.

Margo raised her eyebrow, a skill she had worked diligently to perfect, at Eugene's next words, putting mock disdain in her voice as she teased, "And you call yourself a prankster. House cup or no House cup, half the funs the possibility of getting caught!" While Margo did, in fact, enjoy the thrill of doing something somewhat naughty, she understood where Eugene was coming from. A dear wish of Margo's was for Gryffindor to win the house cup, but currently, they were woefully behind Slytherin anyway. A brief scowl darkened Margo's features as she thought of it. That nasty bully boy's house was in the lead. That just wouldn't do.

Smiling thankfully at Eugene Margo chewed on her lower lip somewhat nervously. She desperately hoped Eugene was correct, and resolved to be nothing but confident when she practiced later that day. Margo was going to become good enough to try out for the team if it was the last thing she did. Eyes widening in excitement at the Hufflepuffs bit of news Margo burst out joyously, "You are?! Oh Eugene, that's wonderful, making seeker in your first year! Congratulations!" Though a bit envious, Margo was genuinely thrilled for the boy. It was in the young girls nature to be nearly as happy about a friends accomplishments as her own.

"More pranking is just what the Doctor ordered I believe," Margo stated, using a common Muggle phrase. "Although, I'm not sure if we'll be able to find anyone who'll squeal quite as loud as you did Eugene," she concluded with a playful wink. Happy to just let her new friends chat Margo allowed her eyes and mind to wander. What fun it would be to cause a bit more mischief, it was just the thing Margo needed to get her mind of flying for the moment. Absentmindedly twirling her hair around her finger Margo began searching for their next victim.

The frog that was still on Isla's hand was calm and it seems to like the petting the young Ravenclaw was doing. "The girl was mean, she pulled my hair when I was at our Astronomy class." Isla told them, not looking up and was continuing to pet the frog. The frog seems to have a part of a dog, it was calm and breathing. She let the two know each other as she played with the frog. Isla is not sadistic with animals, she loves them but sometimes the young Ravenclaw gets carried away.

Isla tossed the frog like how you toss a baby, once the frog was in the air, she heard Eugene told them that he made his team. That made Isla turn and forgot the frog, she winced as she heard a thud in the ground. Isla sigh in relief as Isla heard the frog jump away, "You made the team? That's great!" Isla said with a shrike and jump at Eugene to hug him. Now the only problem is if Kaleb had joined his own team. That will be a problem if ever their teams might play with each other and she will end up cheering both which is not so cool with others.

Once the hugging and congratulations are over, Margo suggested to find another victim. Isla looked every where to find someone but it seems the grounds are pretty quiet and today was a weekend as well and everyone would be at the village getting their shopping done. "Want to walk around? Might get some one from the other side." She asked, though, she consider just to have a dip on the lake, it's spring and it seems the water is warm enough for them. "Or a dip on the lake would be good too?" Isla told them. Isla wasn't really on her swimming get up but her top and jeans will do fine on the water, not that her clothes are dry clean only.

Eugene laughed as Margo teased him about being scared to loose house points.It was true that Eugene was scared of getting caught but he knew that since he hadn't earned many house points yet,he had no right loosing any house points earned by other Hufflepuffs.It would just make them dislike him if he lost house points because of a prank.But on the other hand doing mischief was only fun when something was at stake.It would be so thrilling to risk everything and be naughty just for the fun of it."Yes I guess you are right" he said agreeing to Margo when she said half the fun was the possibility of getting caught.

"Ouch! That sounds awful...she's probably jealous because you are the better-looking doppelganger." Eugene commented when Isla said that the Darcy girl was mean.Ofcourse there was no such thing as a better looking doppelganger but Eugene hoped it would make Isla feel better about the whole situation.Eugene knew that Isla was definitely very popular and the Darcy girl being a Slytherin would probably resent her because they looked similar yet she wasn't that popular.

He was bashful when both Margo and Isla congratulated him about making it onto the house team.He blushed as Isla hugged him and said,"Thanks guys....It's not even that big of a deal..." he mumbled modestly.He was glad to see that the girls were happy for him.He had never had any friends to share happy moments with so he didn't know how they would react.But Margo and Isla both seemed genuinely happy to hear the good news.

"Hey I wasn't even that loud," Eugene defended himself in a whiny voice but only halfheartedly.He knew how scared he had been and he had never freaked out so badly in his whole life.Oh,he knew he was going to be teased for the rest of the year now.But he just smiled and said,"Well it will be a good to have some competition in the squealing department then." he said giving in to the teasing and shruging his shoulders like it was no big deal."Hey Isla,how about we dunk you in the Lake? For a laugh you know?" he suggested playfully.He imagined himself and Margo carrying Isla by her hand and legs and then tossing her into the lake.It would be definitely hilarious to watch.

It was nice, just being among new friends talking. Coming to New Zealand a little over a year ago had been a huge change. Margo had spent so much time getting used to all the differences and coming to terms with both her mothers death and her fathers abandonment that she hadn't really made any friends. Instead, she preferred to spend her days with Dahgda, her little gray kitten, just exploring the woods that surrounded the small cottage she lived in with her great Aunt. It had been nice for awhile, a pleasant way to spend the time and discover just who it was she was becoming after coming out on the other side of tragedy, but this was better. It felt good to have a sense of belonging again.

A shadow passed over the pretty Gryffindor's face at the mention of this look alike pulling Isla's hair. Her eyes narrowed, the green flashing deadly bright in anger. Isla may be a new friend, but she was still a friend. Margo was not going to tolerate some stuck up jealous Slytherin messing with one of her friends. Aloud she said nothing, but Margo silently vowed to confront the Slytherin girl and discover just what exactly her problem was.

At Isla's suggestion they began walking, Margo's eyes still peeled for a likely victim. A playfully malicious grin graced Margo's features as poor Eugene tried to defend himself. " Oh no Eugene, you were. You're going to be hearing about that until we graduate. In fact, I think I'm going to try my hardest to become head girl just so I can put that in the graduation speech. But don't worry, we'll find someone to suffer along with you soon," Margo teased jokingly, nudging Eugene with her elbow. Just then Margo spotted a small brunette girl walking down by the lake, likely another first year judging by her size. "I would love to dunk Isla in the lake, and we definately can, but I believe I spot our next candidate on the 'Who wants a to get Pranked by Team Ninja show.'" Margo replied, pointing out the girl and coming up with a silly name off the top off her head. "Would you like to do the honors Eugene?"

OOCOut of Character:
Marga still wants in on this topic and has given us permission to RP pranking her character Hannah Freeces

OOCOut of Character:
Yay! Team Ninja xD

Eugene made a face when Margo said that they would be teasing him until graduation. They were still first years and graduation seemed like a very far off thing to him. He wondered if after seven years, he would still be friends with Margo and Isla. It seemed unlikely that he would find any other girls whom he'd rather be friends with that these two.They were very fun and bubbly and they made him feel more childish and giddy than he had felt in a long time.He had become a rather serious young man but it looked like Margo and Isla could bring out the mischievous side of him. And that is why Eugene found himself hoping that they would remain friends for a long time.

Eugene started walking along with Isla and Margo until Margo found another victim."Ooh I've seen her before," he said when he saw the girl that Margo was talking about."She's a Hufflepuff but I've heard her complaining to anyone who will listen about how the sorting hat put her in the wrong house.Honestly I don't know how someone can fancy being a Slytherin." he told the two girls with a small scowl on his face.Honestly that girl was the worst type of Hufflepuff. "It would be my pleasure." he said flashing a grin at Margo.He had read about the spell that they had done to levitate the frogs and he knew how it was done so he decided to give it a shot.He looked around for more frogs and saw another one near the Lake.He pointed his wand at it and said "Wingardium Leviosa" swishing and flicking his wand.The frog started levitating of the ground so Eugene slowly pointed his wand to the direction from which the Hufflepuff girl was coming.The frog was hovering in the air just above a point where soon the girl was going to pass.Eugene grinned in anticipation.

It had been quite a long week for Hanna Mitchelle. She had been sick for some time and she honestly had no idea on what to do with herself except stay in bed. At least, that was the only thing she knew to do by herself at times like those. She had mostly been dependent on their employees at home that she was well-cared for when she was sick. Although, she was quite in her right mind, Mitch didn't really feel right in going to the Hospital Wing. It just felt so wrong to her. Honestly, she thought that there was no point in going to a room with more sick people as the illnesses could spread easily, but then again, being in the Freecss family, she knew almost nothing about the outside world.

Luckily, her fever had already gone down and her condition had improved drastically, and with that, she decided to go for a walk. As she passed by the common room, she scowled at the interior design of the room. "Why does it have to be so jolly-looking that it's already getting annoying?!" she thought to herself. She really didn't appreciate cheerful looking things, although she can be very cheery and happy at times, she disliked them. She was more used to darkness and cold as it is where her family had grew up in. Sure the mansion was big, and her family, being assassins, paid off well to afford lighting, they made sure that the house was dim enough that they can use it to train on the job. But then again, Mitch wasn't really part of that as he oh-so-ladylike-assassin mother wants her to be a very fine lady.

At the time, walking by the Lakefront seemed a very good idea for the little girl. The weather was nice as spring had already made its way to New Zealand. And with that the scenery was pleasurable indeed. Mitch may not be one to enjoy cheerful designs, but she was pleased to see the beauty of nature in any way possible. Being more or less a prisoner for more than ten years of her own life, she enjoyed the freedom that came with entering Hogwarts. But, she only wished that she was a Slytherin instead of Hufflepuff. She knew that her brother would try to help her in any way he can, but being in another house, it was hard for her to communicate with him. Lost in her thoughts, she continued walking, unbeknownst to her what would happen next.
OOCOut of Character:
Sorry, it took so long... :p Was a bit busy because it's exam week now... xD

Eugene grinned wickedly as the girl walked right under his trap.He moved the frog so that it was just above the girl's head and said,"Finite" letting the frog fall on the Hannah girl's head.

OOCOut of Character:
This is awful...I just realized that I should have included this in my last post xD and now I feel ashamed of this two lined post :(

Margo watched with gleeful anticipation as Eugene used the hovering spell to move the poor unsuspecting frog up into the air. Though the Gryffindor agreed with Eugene on the subject of wanting to be a Slytherin, she wasn't about to judge a girl she'd never met on hear-say. Not unless the girl had hurt or been mean to one of her friends anyway.

Holding her breath Margo hoped that the girl would react as Eugene had. Really, it didn't much cross Margo's mind that the girl might react any differently. It was how Margo would have reacted, and one of Margo's weaknesses was that she didn't really understand quite yet that other people thought, acted and reacted differently than she. Because of this, Margo had no thoughts that the young Hufflepuff girl might get angry, and simply waited in excited expectancy as the frog seemed to drop out of the air in slow motion, headed on a crash course towards the reluctant Hufflepuff.

Young Hufflepuff, Hanna Mitchelle, was completely lost in her train of thoughts. The young girl never did realize that she will ever, ever miss home. The home which was a mansion, with little light, cold and concrete walls, rooms for torture, less than ten windows, dozens of servants, almost no educators of what normal children would learn. Yes, she missed it, even if she wasn't brought up nor trained as an assassin, she lived as one. And if she was going back this nearing vacation and was offered to train in the profession, she would not doubt nor second guess. She would definitely accept the opportunity to be like her family. An assassin.

The train of thoughts were halted as Mitch felt something land on her head. She didn't mind it though. She took it out from her head, touching it with her hands. She didn't like how it felt on her hand, but she paid it no heed, until she got a good look of what she was holding in front of her face. It was slimy and was kicking its legs and didn't smelled good at all. And behold! She couldn't hold back the scream that came out of her mouth as she dropped the creature on the ground. She shuddered as she attempted to wipe of the dirt on her hands. She had no idea what it was. Either it was taught to her, but she was not paying attention or her dad thought that it wasn't needed in her life that he asked the tutor not to tell her about it anymore. But to that, she didn't pay much attention, she was more focused on looking for the culprit and was more than ready to give him or her a piece of her irritated mind.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the delay on this. Joyce seems to be currently MIA and Payal's been rather busy. I have no excuse except for waiting to see if one of them were going to post. Sorry it's so short

Listening closely, Margo waited a minute for a sign that their prank had been successful. Little Margo had to slap a hand over her mouth to stifle the giggle that was threatening to escape. The Hufflepuff girl screamed even louder than Eugene! Briefly, Margo hoped that they hadn't startled her too badly. She wasn't trying to be mean, simply to have a laugh and possibly make more friends. As she waited to see what would happen Margo felt herself beginning to fidget with impatience. They'd never know anything if they simply stayed hidden behind this tree.

Taking a risk, Margo stealthily peered around the trunk of the tree to get a glimpse of their handy work. Eyes widening she pulled back quickly. The Hufflepuff girl looked none too pleased. Though her eyes still glimmered with mischief there was a touch of worry to them as Margo looked at her new friends. The Gryffindor prayed the girl hadn't seen her as she silently mouthed Uh-Oh to Isla and Eugene. Perhaps the lone Hufflepuff was merely irritated, but there was something about her manner that spoke of a kind of deadliness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back