OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Gwen) (Bi
René fidgeted from he spot where he was leaning against the wall, hoping to catch Louis and Caleb on their way down to lunch after class. He knew he had just as many classes with the Gryffindors and Slytherins as they had with each other, but he still sometimes felt left out seeing his friends chatting together as they moved through the halls. "Hey, hey guys," René called to them standing on their tiptoes to be seen over the crowd of students moving downstairs, even if it wasn't really necessary. Most days René hated how easily he stood out in a crowd, always getting in the way or feeling like everyone was looking at him, but it sometimes had it's benefits.

Insecurities aside, René had been thinking a lot about something lately, and Louis and Caleb seemed the best people to ask about it. Or at least maybe Louis. Caleb would probably laugh but he doubted he wouldn't find out from Louis anyway. René knew he could ask Sully for help with this stuff, but with Sully graduating in a few months it felt like René almost needed to ween himself of his brother's advice. It was going to be a long five years without him. "You know how you like, mentioned asking people to dances and stuff was easy, aye?" René started, trying to fall into step with the other boys as he joined them and mostly failing, having to shift out of the way of some passing fifth years. "I've just been thinking about it and stuff," he added, shrugging and worrying the strap of his bag. René had been thinking about asking people out a lot lately, but he wasn't sure if he could really get the guts to actually do it yet. Not without a little help firs at least.

Caleb was in the middle of rolling his eyes at something Louis was going on about when he noticed Rene trying to get their attention. He waved back and was grateful for the distraction as the Hufflepuff joined them. "Allegedly." he corrected. "Louis, allegedly claimed it was easy. I have yet to see proof." he said pointing his finger to emphasis his point. But he was quickly distracted from putting Louis in his place when Rene mentioned thinking about asking someone out. "Oh?!" he said excitedly and grabbed the taller boy's shoulders and shook him slightly. "Spill it. Tell us everything." he said excitedly.

Louis was in the middle of telling Caleb how he was going to do amazing at the tryouts, as he had a new strategy in mind when he noticed René trying to talk to them. He reluctantly stopped talking, though he wondered if he could get any of René's insight on his ideas. Instead, René asked them about dances and dates. Louis perked up, considering this something like his area of expertise. It didn't matter that he hadn't actually asked anyone out yet. "Sure, it's easy," Louis said confidently. "I just haven't done it yet because I don't want to leave this sad boy at dances alone." He said, pointing at Caleb. Then he grinned as it became clear René had asked for a reason. "You want to ask someone, René? What's their name?" He asked eagerly.

René tilted his head noncommittally when Caleb pointed out that Louis hadn't actually asked anyone out yet, not really caring just yet. Louis certainly seemed confident enough about it. "He's French though, don't they know about this stuff anyway?" He asked, settling his hands in his pockets as he managed to squeeze past some other students and get a spot walking besides the pair.

René spluttered when Caleb told him to spill, shaking his head in denial. "What- No, there's no one, I was just thinking about it and stuff. Y'know in case I wanted to ask someone next year or something," he said quickly, hunching his shoulders. René didn't even think he was ready to ask Gwen out or anything, not yet, probably. But it couldn't hurt to be prepared. "Besides, who would I even ask, aye," He added for good measure, glancing away.

Caleb made an exasperated sound and pushed the taller boy slightly when he still seemed convinced Louis knew all the answers when it came to relationships or whatever. He stuck his tongue out at Louis for his comment about being alone at dances. They were equally without a date for Valentine's day and wasn't going to let him forget that. But he was far more interested in whatever Rene was hiding to bother putting Louis in his place. "I don't think you'd bother asking if you didn't have someone in mind." he said and poked him in the side, trying to get him to crack. "If you tell us who it is maybe we can put in a good word for you!" he offered excitedly, not buying his denial one bit.

Usually, Louis and Caleb were arguing or teasing each other. It felt kind of nice to be on the same side for once, Louis exchanged a grin with the Slytherin and then looked at René with the grin still in place. "René, you can tell us." He said, nodding as earnestly as he could. "Yes! We could put in a good word!" He said when Caleb suggested it. "We could tell them how awesome and strong you are, and good at Quidditch." He said, moving to the side so René was now looking at him after averting his gaze. He put on his best puppy-dog eyes, which usually got him what he wanted with his dad. "Please? We're friends, no?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back