A letter by Ullu

Tara Sitara

OOC First Name
Mia
Tara was just helping herself to breakfast when the post arrived. She didn’t look up, being a fifth year she was more than used to a flurry of owls arriving each morning, and there was never anything for her as she was muggle born so her family didn’t quite get owl post, she would only occasionally get a letter from her brother after she had sent one home, but that was not going to happen today as t was the start of term. Just as she reached for some toast and honey a small owl landed before her holding a letter. This made her jump somewhat. She checked the name on the letter to see if It was for her (which it was) before she opened it. The writing inside was not in English but in her mother script hindi.
the letter (written in hindi) said:
Dear Tara
My parents have just told me that you are a witch like me and Farther and that you attend school in New Zealand. That was a surprise that I didn’t see coming, I guess I now know why my family chose you, over all the other muggles. But we need to talk. I have a friend from Beaux who used to attend your school and she said that you are only allowed out into the local village some weekends. Could you send me the dates by returning Ullu (the owls name, creative right) so I we can arrange meeting up, as I am currently living in new Zealand with a friend. I must also ask you is this what you want? An Indian life, or would you rather fit in with the life of the people in the west (or I guess in your case geographically east).
Praneil

She read it as she took a bite of her toast her eyes widening as they progressed down the page, and her jaw dropping. Her shocked expression only changed by a small flicker of a smile when she got to the name of the owl, Ullu was owl in Hindi. But it quickly returned to its shock. ”Holy cow” she muttered to herself her brain still working in Hindi. That was very strong language for her. She looked around not really seeing anything her eyes glassed over before reading it again. The letter caused her to ask a lot of questions. What on earth was going on? How did the Patils know what she was? Why hadn’t they told her? But it did cause one that had been at the back of her mind for years to be answered, Why had they chosen her?

OOCOut of Character:
text in orange is written/said in hindi. so if you don't speak it (which i don't think any of her friends do) you won't understand it

Shiloh smiled as she sat at her Gryffindor table with Grace and a couple of other people from her year. She always enjoyed most of the meal times because they were meant for her to sit and talk to her friends. Kate Moon, one of her first friends was in recovery and Grace and herself had finally managed to get through the second part of the sonnet they were reading. Shiloh could honestly not think of a single thing that could destroy her mood today. She wasn't going to let it. It wouldn't be fair if something just came along and put her into a mood. She was so glad that she was able to get over that stupid little incident with that stupid boy while on Holiday. When she had told Creta, her twin had been horrified by the prospect of being called a dog. Even if it was indirectly. It still sucked. So of course when Shiloh heard something that sounded weird coming from the Hufflepuff table, she imediately turned around and glimpsed Tara, with a shocked look on her face. She dropped the pasty she had been holding and barreled over to the Hufflepuff table. A bunch of first ears looking shocked as she went.

When she got there she noticed that Tara was holding what looked like a letter in her hands, but Shiloh was unable to understand it. Though it seemed as it Tara could, so she made a wild guess and picked it to be Hindi, or someother form thereof. She looked at her firend. She was in utter and complete shock. "Hey Tara... Hey, are you alright?" Shiloh wasn't sure, but she thought that maybe it was the letter. What did the letter say to make Tara shocked like this. She was a witch. What could it possibly say to shock her, but not make her upset? She was so confused. "Tara what does the letter say? I can't understand Hindi?" She finished guessing at what the language might be.

Tara realised when she been sitting there for a few minutes when she heard a voice behind her. It was Shiloh her friend who had made her way over from the gryffindor table. her toast had dropped to the plate and the bit in her mouth was there still partially chewed.
she hardly noticed what was happening around her. she nodded vaiguly and passed the letter to her Friend . "Its from praneil" her mouth had gone too dry to talk much more. she passed the letter to her before taking her goblet of pumpkin juice and taking a sip that left her spluttering. when she had reckoned the use of her lunges she tried again this time the liquid was swallowed properly. "the muggle I am meant to be marrying." she said. not sure if shiloh know who praneil was or not. He's, goodness, His family know I'm a witch" she said looking around. was she acting strangely enough to attract the attention of people from across the hall, she could obviously be seen from the gryffindor table.

Grace had not been in a good mood since the holidays, apparently she had a half brother, and apparently he was in Gryffindor, and apparently he was better than her in every way, simply because he was a bboy, a male of the human race. This made Grace furious, absolutely furious, but she kept it well hidden, behind smiles, a graceful walk and smooth, simply chit-chat, though sometimes she faultered, ttoday had been going very well, she had been keeping her behavior under control and as far as she knknew, Shiloh didn't know hw angry she was quite yyet, that's all she needed. She followed Shiloh to the Gryffindor table and sat down, smiling in the direction of her friend Tara, who seemed quite engrossed in a letter, his nice it must be to recieve a letter, one that was filled with happiness and nice thoughts, but Grace never got any of those, so she was happy for Tara, she was so kind and sweet, she deserved some happiness. But the letter didn't bring happiness, she seemed very shocked by it, iin fact, to Grace, she looked about rready tto faint or something. She stood up and rushed over to Tara, Shiloh near her, she allowed Shiloh to speak, and then out in her own comment, a worried, care filled comment. "Tara, what is the matter? Are your family I'll?" She asked, sitting at the Hufflepuff table.

When Tara explained what had happened, Grace was shocked, very shocked. She glanced at ththe letter, she couldn't read it, she only knew English, French and her mother language, sweet Italian, she frowned slightly. "How did they find ouout?" She asked, she was under the impression that Tara would have to give up her magic to be with this boy, but now that was not the case? "Are they okay with it? Or are they telling you to change?" She continued.

Kate was walking down the the long flights of staircases to the Great Hall for breakfast.Tara had not been in their room when she had awoken so she guessed she was already down in the hall.It still felt good getting around seven or eight hours of sleep.She felt so much refreshed in the morning,it was great.She felt much better also.She probably looked better too even though she was still thin.There was a little bound to her step as she walked.She was so much happier these days.Even though Micheal had died during the break she was still feeling much better then she had in months.She had a busy years a head of her but for once she didn't mind.

She walked into the busy hall.She looked around to see if she could see Tara.She spotted Tara,Shiloh and Grace were with here and from here she could see they looked worried.Kate's face fell slightly,she started jogging over to them. "Hey guys,what's wrong?"She asked,sitting opposite them all.She took an apple from the table and took a bite of it.

Sapphire's perposly messy hair seemed to flow out behind her as she walked down the Hufflpuff table. Her Astronomy lesson had been sweet and she was still buzzing with creative inspiration. It wasn't until she had gotten her plate that she saw that there seemed to be a crowd gathering around her brush buddy. "What's all this then? What's that you have there Tara?" She asked looking at the letter. Sapphire was skilled in sign language, English and French because of her sister but that was about extent of her knowledge. She looked at the others and gave them a bright smile.

"Hello everyone by the way." She said laughing at the bit of a joke she had made. She hoped that everything was alright with her Indian friend. She was a too sweet to be in trouble.

Lilith still found it strange to be back at Hogwarts. It had been over two years since she had walked in the castle and truthfully she felt like a stranger. She missed how open and airy Beauxbatons had been. Not to mention there she had been caption of the Qudditch team and had an amazing boyfriend. Now she was just a normal seventh year. No more Quidditch team and no more being able to see her lovely boyfriend whenever she wanted. This year was going to be the hardest for her yet. Deciding that she should get a quick bite to eat before heading to class Lilith walked into the Great Hall and headed for the Slytherin house table. Hearing the soft but off pitched hooting of her boyfriends owl Ullu, Lilith turned to follow the noise. Much to her surprise Ullu was in fact in the Great Hall but not at the Slytherin table but at the Hufflepuff one. What was going on here?

Walking over to the table Lilith looked at the girls that where around the owl. Did Parniel have a little sister here? He had never mentioned it but than again he could have and Lilith might have missed it. "Hello there Ullu. Did you bring me a letter from babe?" Lilith cooed as she petted the soft owl on his head and looked at the girls wondering just who Ullu had brought a letter to.

Tara looked around when she heard other voices around her. they were her friends. she was glad that she had them they had all been through a lot, but had got through it together helping each other out as much as they could. she managed to swallow her mouthful of toast and then take a sip of the juice without choking. "I don't know how they found out, but I think they will be okay with it" she said, hoping before she could exaggerate any further there were a load more people around her. Graces Italian voice, there was Kates irish accent "yes all my family is okay, It's just I got this, From Praneil" she said gesturing to the letter, once again forgetting that it was illegible to most of the people in the school. and a voice she didn't recognise she looked up and saw that it was Sapphire. "Sapphire, you're talking" she said, to her friend who had always been silent before. everything today was a surprise, Sapphire Talking the patils wizards, had she become Alice and ended up in wonderland, the next thing would be a friendly professor Styx.
Just then the owl took off from the table the small breeze ruffling the paper and she saw that there was a PS on the back.
PS said:
PS. there Is a girl in your school Called Lilith, she has just transferred to your school. lease don't tell her that you know me. or if you do say you know me, say we are nothing more than friends. I will Explain everything when I beet with you in Brightstone
She thought, who was this girl, and what did she have to with anything? she watched the owl as it flew towards a blonde girl who was making her way over to them. she saw the girl pat ullu, this seemed may have been the girl he must have talked about. she seemed to know the birds name, and the bird seemed to know her. she looked at the girl unsure what to say. "Sorry about that, I didn't know that she was going to take off" she said wondering if this was the right girl, and what she had to do with anything.

Lilith was said to see Ullu go. Oh well she would be back and Lilith would have a letter waiting for the little feather head. Getting closer to the table a couple of first years saw her Slytherin house crest on her robes so they took off running. Good let them think that she was a bully. It wasn't the case but it was still funny to her. Truthfully Lilith belonged to Hufflepuff. She was such a sweet heart that they whole family still joked about sunshine Lilith being placed in Slytherin. Taking a seat Lilith looked at the girl more closely she didn't look like Parneil but than again Lilith did not look like Eden or Elvera.

Deciding to be friendly Lilith let her bright cheerful smile cross her face as she looked at the girl. "Hey there you must be Parneil sister's. I'm Lilith Le Fey, Parneil's girlfriend. It's so nice to meet you." Lilith said acting as if Parneil had told her that he had a younger sister and that she was also a student at Hogwarts. Yes she could be bright and cheerful but at the same time she knew just what to say and how to say it so that she got all the answers that she needed.

Tara saw the girl come nearer until she was next to them at the table. wondering what the slytherin girl had to do with anything she looked and tried to return the girls smile, however for once a smile took her effort, usually a smile never left her face. she looked at her friends unsure how they would react. when the girl, Lilith said that she must be Praneils sister she shook her head, Praneil didn't have any sisters, or brothers. "No, we're not related, Family friends, though growing up he was almost a second brother to me" she said. that must have been where sister had come from. however then she realised what the second half of Liliths statement had been. she was his girlfriend? she felt the colour drain from her face, though due to her tan skin it didn't pale much. she looked around to her friends, this really wasn't what she had been expecting this morning, she had been expecting a quiet breakfast just like every other day, toast then yoghurt and fruit. she seriously felt like she was going to faint. she bit her tongue to make sure that she wasn't dreaming. ouch, no she was awake. she couldn't think of anything else to do or say. so she offered her hand out to shake, though it was shaking on its own. "It's good to meet you Lilith, I'm Tara, and this is Kate, Sapphire, Grace, and Shiloh" she said introducing her friends as she didn't know what else to do. she knew her friends knew that there was more between Her and Praneil than family friends. they were engaged and had been officially for over two years, and betrothed for almost nine, though she hadn't known about that at the time. It was odd that when she had first become engaged she had hated the thought of it. and would have done anything to get out of it. now though when she was finally starting to get exited for the wedding here came someone who may just have been what she had been preying for the previous years. but now she wasn't so sure.

Shiloh watched as more of her friends arrived and smiled at them. However looking at the letter and hearing what Tara had to say, Shiloh stopped and stared at Tara. Had she really just heard that? The letter was from Praneil? He was a wizard? His family knew things? What was happening? Just when she thought her life couldn't get any better this happens. This was really going to stuff up Tara's day... How was that fair? How was this going to end now? How did he find out she was a witch? Shiloh had no answers to these questions but she knew that somehow this day was not going to end well. Not at all. She handed the letter to one of the others and looked at Tara. she looked okay, but she could be decieving. It was hard to tell. " Tara? Are you sure your alright? I don't really think this is something that can just be handled easily..." All this time Tara had thought that she was going to have to become a muggle wife, and now here they were, just discovering that not only was Praneil not a muggle, but that he knew that she wasn't either. Things were getting so weird.

She saw the Slytherin girl at the same time a Tara and she was curious as to who she was. The girl was very familar with the owl. She obviously knew the owl and from the way she was talking to it, it was obvious that she knew it quite well. It was honestly all very suspicious. she turned to Tara and whispered in her ear. "So you know her too?" She asked, however just as soon as her question was asked, the girl had walked over to them, introduced herself as Lilith and then assumed that Tara was Praneil's sister. Shiloh smirked slightly at the irony before introducing herself to the Slytherin. "Hey there Lilith, I'm Shiloh Denton. I really like your eyes." She complimented smiling. She wanted to move the discussion away from Praneil. Knowing Grace she would spill the beans. It was obvious that this Lilith, the girlfriend of Praneil, was not in the know about the impending nuptials. She prayed to Merlin that Gracie would have the good sense to keep her mouth shut. Boy did she hope...

Grace nodded. So his family knew about Tara? And they didn't mind? That was kknew, she was quite pleased, it was good that ththey kknew, Tara wouldn't have to hide herself from her husband, secrets as big as the oone she harbored were union ruining, it would be horribe if young Tara went through aa divorce, not that Grace supported divorces, but she didn't support unhappy marriages that were filed with secrets either. She nodded to Kate happily as she joined the conversation, and shot a quick smile to Shiloh and another girl whom she did not know, but she took tthe time to greet Grace, so Grace acknowledged her, but than another girl came, she smiled at her once she discovered that her name was Lilith, such a nice name, but she giggled when Lilith thought Tara to be Praneils sister, that wwould be very aawkward, she shook her head, oblivious to the fact that the girl had used the term 'girlfriend' as the meaning that she was currently dating Praneil, Grace thought it was used in the term of.'female friend' not date. ''Tara is Praneil's fiance, not sister, I fear you have jumped to the incorrect conclusion.'' She explained politely, as Shiloh spoke, her green eyes rested on the girl and sshe eexamined her further, she supposed her eyes were rather nice, but they were more odd looking to the young Gryffindor, though she didn't mementiin this,, it would have been rude to do so. ''I must agree, your eyes are rather interesting.'' She added, a smile on her fface. ''I am Grace Raven, it is lovely to mmeet you on susuch a fine morning.'' She continued.

It didn't take long for Sapphire to put the pieces of what was happening by Shiloh's reaction and the slight paling of Tara's skin. "I know her. She's the daughter of Morgan, the woman who adopted me. I can tell you the details if you want Tara." She said with a smile down. She was sure that the story would be more than enough to distract people from what was going on. Sapphire had assumptions of what was happening but she knew that if Lilith where let in on the secret that she suspected it would be all bad. Lilith was a kind girl by nature but even the kindest had a bit of a dark side and Sapphire for one didn't want to see it of this girl.

"Thought for sure you'd go back to Beauxbaton to look after Ruby when she was ready to go back but there you go. You did tell me that you where a Slytherin too but I guess that much slipped my mind." She said then stuck out her tongue while scratching her head. She was trying to lighten the charged mood that seemed to be all around them at the moment. She would be asking Tara the details of what was going on here she decided. She saw that Shiloh was looking at the girl named Grace so Sapphire studied her too. She didn't seem like the type to gossip or not keep secrets but then she could be wrong. She was wrong. Well about Grace not about what she had assumed. Sapphire put her hand on forehead and cringed.

Kate smiled when sapphire joined them,she wondered did the other girls now she could talk,a lot of people had seen them sing but you couldn't be use if everyone did."Hey"she said smiling.Kate still wasn't sure what was wrong,Tara had a letter in her hand and it seemed to be the cause of the problem.Kate looked blankly at the piece of paper Tara showed her.The only languages she could read were english,irish and french. "What's it say?"She asked curiously.She felt very confused.She looked up when an older girl came to their table.She seemed very friendly with the owl that had sent Tara the message.She wondered what the connection was there.Kate looked from the girl called Lilith to Tara.Had she heard correctly?Kate felt her stomach twist,this wasn't going to end well.Kate waved and smiled when she was introduced.Kate wondered what Tara's fiance had been up to recently. "Nice to meet you Lilith"She said smiling though she felt tension rise a small bit.Sapphire seemed to know the girl.Kate's head whipped around when Grace opened her mouth. Oh My God she thought in her head,her hand slapping her forward.This day was about to turn drastically. "Really Grace"She said looking at the girl who probably didn't realize she had done anything wrong.

The other girls seemed nice enough but there was something missing. Yes they where keeping secrets from Lilith which she did not like. Realizing Sapphire was here Lilith flashed her a smile and signed hello. "Sapphire mom sent a package of sweets I'll bring you some at lunch. She also sends her love and reminds you that if you need anything just let me know and we have it covered." Lilith explained while looking over Kate and Shiloh as well the other girl Grace. Yes very lovely girls but she didn't like them keeping secrets from her. Maybe she could pretend to be one of those mean Slytherin's and bully the information out of them? Realizing that if she tried that than she would lose the chance of making three new friends. No she would have to try another way to get the information.

Lilith heard Shiloh tell her that she had lovely eyes. "Awe thank you Shiloh. Yours are quite lovely as well. My eyes are the same shade of purple as Professor Le Fey's purple eye. Shes my older sister." Lilith said her voice full of pride for her older sister Elvera. Realizing that the girl Grace was talking to her Lilith trained her eyes on her. As Grace continued to talk Lilith felt her heart start to speed up and her once bright cheerful eyes where starting to darken. "Tara is this true? Are you engaged to my boyfriend? Please don't lie to me. If I have to ask you again I can promise I wont be so nice the second time around." Lilith said as she removed Ivy from her pocket and placed her silver snake on the table. The snake looked at the girl Tara it had to be a bit scary since Ivy had the same color eyes as Lilith but with fangs full of deadly poison. "Someone please tell me that this is a big misunderstanding and that my boyfriend hasn't been playing with my heart for the past two years." Lilith said her voice breaking and tears starting to fill her eyes just seconds away from spilling.

Tara could tell that Sapphire had picked up that something was going on what wasn't your typical breakfast happening. and tried to turn the conversation onto something else. she also realised that Sapphire. "Sapph, you really should catch us up on everything you have been up to. Talking, adopted, What else have you been up to? but maybe later would give you more time to explain" she said thinking that although she did want to catch up with and fond out what had been happening with Sapphire, she wanted to know what was going on with Praneil and this girl called Lilith. just then grace said everything that made everyone look at her. including Tara. if only she had had a day or even an hour to tell her friends the content of the letter then she wouldn't be in the situation she was in now. she looked over at lilith she could here Grace talking not realising what she has said. she didn't blame her. she was her friend and she knew she hadn't said it intentionally. she looked at Lilith she could hear Kate and Grace and shiloh, but right now she wanted to know what was going on. If she was anything else she would fight back but being the quiet girl she was and not liking fighting she didn't, instead she briefly shut her eyes and opened them again. "Before we jump to conclusions here maybe we should make sure we are talking about the same boy here." she said, not wanting to make a fuss out of something that was just a coincidence, though judging by the letter there was no coincidence. she saw the blonde girl take a silver snake out of her pocket it blinked at her with violet eyes the same as the girls. she closed her eyes briefly praying to bring the confidence and courage to say the right thing. "I am engaged to a boy from my home village of Joshimath. he is called Praneil Patil. He is the same age as my brother, so he would be turning nineteen. and up until about ten minutes ago when i received this letter i believed him to be a muggle" she said her voice sounding dead. her morel dropping and her eyes starting to heat up, tears starting to form and threaten to spill. "If you want I can translate the letter" she said. looking at the writing and wishing that like everyone else she wasn't able to read it.

Lilith could not believe what Tara was trying to say. Of course they where talking about the same guy. How many guys could have an owl named Ullu? Did this girl think Lilith was stupid? There weren't many things that upset Lilith and when something came along that did upset her normally she could just smile and keep going but no not today. She was starting to get really angry. Not just at Tara or her stupid friend Grace who blurted out the secret but at Parneil as well. How could he do this to her? He had told her that he loved her and now it seemed like he had been lying the whole time. Taking Ivy back in her hands she placed her snake back on her lap. No it wasn't worth it she wouldn't be the one that caused Slytherin to lose house points.

As Tara explained everything Lilith felt the first tear fall from her eyes. "Let me spell it out for you puff. You are engaged to my boyfriend of two years. I met him when him and I went to Beauxbatons. We have been together for two years. We have played Quidditch together and been a very happy couple. I don't care about how your parents feel about this or even his and I am going to be very honest with you. I don't even care about your feelings. Parneil Patil is my boyfriend and I will be damned if you or anyone else is going to take away my happiness. Do you understand me?" Lilith asked her voice had grown cold and full of poison. There was no longer any sort of sparkle in her eyes just a cold gaze that let Tara and everyone else at the table know she meant every single word she had just said.

Kate listened as Lilith talked to the girls.She seemed nice enough,she wondered what house she was in.Sapphire seemed to be staying with her and if Sapphire thought she was alright Kate was re assured that the girl would be okay.Kate's eyes were watchful,she was watching how the inevitable events were starting to take place.Kate had manged to avoid confrontations like this.She didn't react well when a friend was being threatened or blamed for something that wasn't exactly their fault.Kate blamed Praneil,if he hadn't dated Lilith then this wouldn't have happened but then again sometimes people just can't help themselves.Kate soon got the gist of what the letter had contained.Obviously Praneil was a wizard which surprised Kate as there had never been any mention of him being a wizard,it would have made Tara's life easier not having to keep that a secret but at this point Kate wasn't sure if the ceremony would be taking place.

Kate stiffened slightly when the snake was let loose,she did not appreciate the threat.That was taking a bit too far but Kate kept her mouth shut and listened as Tara tried to explain the situation.Lilith's eyes darkened and she didn't seem very understanding.Kate saw the first tear trail down her face.her voice was full of poison.Kate felt a sense of injustice.She had the cheek to blame Tara for this.She hadn't been happy with the engagement and she had only done out of respect and love for her parents "I think it's Praneil you should be talking to,none of this is Tara's fault"She said her voice quiet but firm.She was looking directly at Lilith who was opposite her. "It's not her fault that she was forced into a pre-arranged marriage so quit it with the selfishness."She said darkly "If there is anyone to blame it is Praneil for going out with you in the first place,he should have known better"She said coldly.

Tara heard what the girl was saying to her. She wanted to say something back, the girl wasn’t even saying his name right, it was PRA not PAR but she felt a lump in her throat, and the heat of her tears started spilling down her face. She just looked down at her plate of food no longer hungry. The girl seemed so mean, didn’t she realize that she had just received the same news, with that addedfact that he was a wizard. She wiped her eyes on the cuff of her robes and looked up at her. ”I didn’t know anything either. I thought he had been at some fancy school and working in the family business for the last seven years. I understand you right and don’t want to take away anyone’s happiness. I would hate to hurt anyone and take their happiness, but we need to work things out as, as it is neither of us are going to be happy” she said in a tumble of words tears streaming down her face, and sniffing hard in the middle. She heard Kate say that she had been forced into the wedding but she hardly took notice to the meaning of the words. She was getting to the point of where she couldn’t take any more. Leaving everything behind she got up leaving everything behind breakfast, bag, books, the only thing she had was her wand which was in a pocket of her robes. She ran out of the hall people were staring at her but she didn’t care. She just wanted to get out of there, try and convince herself that everything was normal. She headed out to the garden a place she always managed to find solstice, even in the middle of winter not caring if she missed class that morning she wasn’t thinking right anyway. Today though she couldn’t even see beauty in the plants or the landscape. The winter made the plants look dead and neglected, and the landscape just looked bleak.
OOCOut of Character:
you can still continue reacting. and Tara may return to collect her things if RP continues

Lilith wanted to slap the girl but she just couldn't bring herself to do anything more. She needed out of here and fast. When Tara ran off Lilith decided she needed to leave as well before a Professor showed up and demanded to know what was going on. Giving the girls a very dark look. Lilith got to her feet and ran from the Great Hall herself she was no longer hungry and if she didn't hurry up she would be late for class and that was the very last thing she needed at that moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back