A lesson in the Meadow

Zion Deveraux

"Your thinking to hard, you have so much on your mind. And that's why your failing at the spell" Zion would say just a few feet away from Link. It was a typical afternoon for them, a routine they had gotten familiar with. After working his shift at the Cauldron in London, Zion would have been extremely exhausted. But he wasn't built to be that way, he was used to working hard, and that's why Link had always admired about him. He had kept to his lesson with Link, and was teaching him how to defend himself. "Speak clearily' motion your wand and defend" he repeated his undless wording for each spell. Standing back he would await to see Link contribute to the spell.

Link nodded once already used to Zion demanding voice. It was a simple spells actually was to Stupefy the person, something Link should already be familiar with. But he was right, he was thinking to much about someone, and it was making him a bit depressed at the moment. But Link tried to brush it off, ignoring the feeling inside him. With a flick of his wand he would aim towards the mid-air as he called out "Stupefy!". He felt his voice cracked into a strong bellow, as a spark of electricity would bounce from the tip of his wand. By the looks of it seem he had accomplish the spell, but he still wanted to hear what Zion had to say about it.

"Not bad kid, not bad" Zion would say as he strides towards the middle of the meadow. He had observe Link and could tell something was up his mind. But that's why Zion pushed him harder, the more he focus on his lessons the less he had on his mind. Taking out his wand from his front sleeves he would stance looking as still as ever. "Link now try to attack me!" Zion would call out from the meadows. Zion hoped by these studies Link could make it further than he himself in life. Although he loved his job, he prefer Link to end in a better place than his biological father had. "As I taught you!" he called out again.

Link wasn't sure what's the whole point of doing this over again. He didn't see why he had to attack when he sure he had master the spell well, years back you could say. But he Ha follow Zion instruction, stepping forth with his left foot as right hand shot up into the air" Stupefy!!" he called out clear as ever. Sure enough the same reaction had occurred this time the wand was pointed towards Zion.

The hand he held the wand would shot a electric status into the atmosphere. Link would shot a gaze at Zion, as the spell would have missed him just inches away. Link would grunt hearing the shouts of Zion ((try it again, this time aim and shout)). He wasn't sure why all of a sudden he couldn't stupefy Zion, he's done worst to others and now he couldn't scare his first keeper. Raising his hand he would try the spell again.

Zion knew Link mind had wonder off again, as the spell had missed him. But he had felt the static form alongside of his right arm, he was close. But it wasn't good enough for Zion he wanted Link to focus more. "If you keep your mind focus on this lesson you get it Link. I've seen you done better!" he bellowed at Link. And just as Link strike the spell right up at him, Zion lifted his wand up summoning up a protective shield around him. The spell had bounce on the shield hard enough, but still not good. He wanted to feel close to being binded, not just "Again Link!"

Link became frustrated with Zion shouting at him, but it did clear his mind. He didnt think to much, his mind had become emptied as the meadow. It became spacious and he was able to focus upon Zion form, his hand lifted his wand once again. "Stupefy!" he bellowed once again as his wand would target Zion, his eyes wide open aiming directly at his keeper once again.

This time it had aim for his chest, and with that Zion force shield bounce the spell off of him."Link" he say as he edge closer "Done well done well. But I think we had enough today." he had wanted to address his lack of focus earlier. Zion would typically stay out of the boys business but if he wanted Link at least to advance his magic, he had to be able to help him off with other issues besides lesson."I notice you was slacking a bit earlier Link, is their something wrong?" Perhaps he missed his old foster home with the Blacks. Zion had nothing against him, he was actually a good friend of Williams but its been a while since he last saw him. Zion assume he got a bit busy at the ministry.

"No Zion nothing wrong" Link said in a cool tone of voice. "Possibly the stress nothing more." he added slipping his wand back into his mantel. Link was already careless his heart wasn't in this but who to say if he even had one anymore. His desire to be true to himself had long been gone as they cold reflection of his new enigma would shadow besides him. Its not like he was human anymore but yet he was able to breath, eat, and live like one. He felt numb but without the feeling itself it was just Link. "I'm fine suppose I had to much in mind" he would tilt his head towards the side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back