Closed A House Party

Dreya shut her eyes, trying to still the beating of her heart and the slight tremble in her hands. She wasn't used to anyone being this close, outside of her brother. She almost wished that Etienne was here, her eyes unthinkingly scanning the crowd as if he might appear from the masses. She took a shaky breath, gripping tightly to her drink and sipping at it. "Do you miss it?" She asked, resisting the urge to peek up at him. He was too close, and she was starting to feel lightheaded. If she turned, she wasn't sure she'd be able to help but give in and lean against him, letting her nose trace along the lines of his neck.

Corentin liked being this close to her and considered it. "No," it was a true answer, though he could give more nuance to it. The fact the different places were just different, that he was different, older and not as prone to wanting to drink heavily. "I like my life now, even with being under 30, a widow and single parent," he told her honestly.

Dreya took a deep breath and finished her drink. "I'm glad you're happy then," She replied, swaying a little as the drinks started to hit her a bit more. "I'm feeling a bit tired, but I'm not sure I could get home on my own... would you mind walking me?" She asked, putting a hand to her flushed cheek. She took a deep breath, wandering if having a glass of water was outlandish at a party like this.

Corentin gave a little smile and finished his own drink. he nodded. "Sure, I'll happily walk you home," he assured her. He put his arm out, intending to guide her out of the house and towards a spot where they could apparate to Dreya's home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back