A Hogwarts Dinner

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
It was a Thursday afternoon when Sam entered the Great Hall dressed in his Hufflepuff uniform. He had just put away his things from his Astronomy lesson and was now starving. Astronomy was boring as ever but he managed to pick up some notes, it was probably one of the very few classes that he didn't dose off in. He didn't see how anyone could like the subject never mind favour it. And the weird thing was two of his very best friends loved it: Scorpius and Jenna.

The Great Hall was loud with the chattering of people as they ate their dinner. The smell of food found its way to Sam and he quickly hurried over to the Hufflepuff table. It was just as full as any of the other three tables but he managed to find an empty space near the bottom. Sam sat down and took a piece of the lasagne that was right in front of him. Hogwarts lasagne was the best lasagne he had ever tasted and it was always something to look forward to on Thursdays after the dull Astronomy class. With one last growl of his stomach Sam easily tucked into the large piece of it on his plate.

Jennifer loved Astronomy. There was nothing that pleased her more then looking up at the stars and learning about their namesake and the mythology. It was the one class that she was an eager-beaver in, handing in her things almost right after the class, doing extra work for herself but there was the down side that her house mate and best friend detested the class and was usually fast asleep in it. Then there was Scorpius, her other best friend that loved Astronomy just as much as she did, which was why she planned on writing him sooner rather then later, asking if he wanted to go up to the tower to read the stars with her like they had promised each other when she had gotten him the telescope for Christmas a year or so ago.

Thinking back to it, it felt like a life time ago, but it wasn't, and Scorpius was no longer mad at her due to the talk they had. Life for Jenn was getting better, well life at Hogwarts was. Her life at home was unknown, she didn't read any letters from her Mom, only from her Dad and her brother.

Now the young blonde entered the Great Hall, after changing out of her Hufflepuff uniform and into a pair of loose fitting jeans, a tank that rested underneath a grey blazer. Her hair uncharacteristically frizzy today, and Jennifer was slightly annoyed with it. As she walked towards the Hufflepuff table, her blue eyes skimmed it for people she knew, well for one person in particular as all of her other friends were in different houses and she just was not in the mood to be looked at oddly for sitting at a table to which she did not belong.

Finding Sam, Jennifer tied up her hair in a large, poufy pony tail and walked towards him with a happy smile that was always on her face during Thursdays. "Hey Sammy," she greeted, sitting down across from him. She took out her Astronomy text book and note book that had been tucked in her messanger bag, and opened it to the page she had been reading earlier. Before reading, she put some of the vegetarian lasagne on her plate and poured herself some water. She had found a slight distaste for pumpkin juice since being back in North America and hadn't drank any since then. "Have fun in class today?" she asked him, in a playful tone. Knowing the answer already, so she didn't need it answered, she was just trying to start a conversation with him.

I was rambling

I'm the complete opposite today:riight:

Sam looked up from his plate to see Jenna across from him. "Hey!" He said once he swallowed his food. Sam watched as she took out her Astronomy text book and her notebook, his were now lying in a messy pile on the floor of his dorm. He shook his head and rolled her eyes at her jokingly. Sam didn't think he'd look at those books again till the night before their next lesson, where he'd probably get Jenna's help with his assignment. "Swell." He said sarcastically and filled up a glass with pumpkin juice. "I'm guessing you enjoyed it?" He nodded his head towards her books before he had another piece of lasagne.

Jennifer smiled at Sam, ignoring his rolling eyes. When he asked if she enjoyed the lesson, she gave him a look that read: Do you even have to ask? "Yes I did. But that's not why I'm doing my homework so early," she said, a smirk resting on her lips, of course it was just a joke. "I have to get my work done so next Wednesday evening I'm not swamped with your work too," she laughed, a smile touching her lips, before she picked up the cool glass of water and took a sip.

"How are things Sam? Rumor has it you've finally raised the cojones to ask Blon..." she trailed off, correcting herself, "Toni out," Jennifer said, faking a Spanish accent as she said the word cojones. "Would this be true Sammy?" she asked, a curious expression written on her clear features. If Toni didn't dislike her so much, Jenn could say that she didn't mind her at all, so she and Sam dating did nothing to her pride or happiness.

Sam laughed, "I'm not going to lie to you. You probably will be swamped again." He said once he got his breath back, "But" he added quickly, "I will actually try this time and not let you do all the work." Sam said with a smile. "You do know I appreciate you eh...'helping' me right?" He said more seriously to her. Sam would have most defintely failed his Astronomy exams if it weren't for Jenna.

As the topic of Toni came up a smile slipped onto his face, one that always came when Toni was mentioned, Sam looked down at his plate embarrassed at the goofiness of the smile that was almost impossible to wipe off. "This would be true." He said fiddling with his fork. He didn't know what the situation was between Toni and Jenna, he didn't see them talking since Jenna came back but he also didn't see them fighting which was a good sign. "I asked her out like a month ago. Apparantly she likes me too so..I guess it worked out," He finally looked up at Jenna once the smile became smaller.

Jennifer sighed softly as Sam told her that she probably would be swamped once more. "Why you don't get me to help you earlier so I'm not completely stressed out, I don't know," she laughed, before giving her friend a wide smile. "Oh please, Sammy, I could not get enough Astronomy, so it is fun," she said lightheartedly. She ran her fingers through her dirty blonde bangs, her gentle blue eyes scanning the Great Hall for a moment.

"I haven't seen Scorp in a while, think I might write him," Jenn thought to herself as her gaze landed on the Ravenclaw table, thinking back to the last time they spoke. It had been a little bit ago when she had apologized for disappearing with out a proper goodbye and they had an awfully big talk.

sorry for the late response

[No problem]

Sam let out a laugh. He didn't know why he didn't get Jenna to help him out earlier either, it usually just left his head and he never really bothered to think about it until the night before when it became a mad rush to find Jenna and get her to do his homework. Although the homework was last minute most of the time, it always ended up perfect. At this stage he'd probably be doing better in Astronomy then any other subject!

"Yeah..I have barely spoken to him all year." Sam said before eating another bit of his lasagne. "Well actually just recently we met up. But its still weird. I have barely spoken to anyone this year." By 'anyone' Sam meant his friends. Of coarse he hung out with Toni a lot, but Hoshi, Taylor, Scorpius even Jenna? He had only had a few short conversations with them. The group of friends just never really hung out any more and it annoyed Sam. He would defintely orgainze something, it seemed nobody else was going to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back