A Gleaming Broomstick

Wednesay leaned back a bit more getting comfortable. "Wow maybe you aren't complete hopeless if you know what Star wars is" Wednesday said liking that someone knew something about muggle items as well. "But I have to say I like Dark Vader better than the Joker. The Joker creeps me out" Wednesday announced.

"Yes" Wednesday said sitting up slightly her smile wide. "A Puffskein is like a puff ball that sqeaks. Mine is like the size of a football" She said smiling ."They are so cute" She added.

"Aww a cat" Wednesday said laughing a bit when Sam said he was going to call the cat Yoda. "Wow" Wednesday said smiling though "Now Yoda is the best character" She said tempted to break into a yoda voice but not being able to think of the perfect saying for it.

"I doubt many people around here will understand star wars though" Wednesday said.

"Yeah, that was a thing we did in our house. We always used to watch muggle films." he shrugged, they never did it half as much now than they did when he was younger. "Thats what I love about the joker. He's insane!" he laughed.

"Well I'll be looking forward to see it around the common room." he mean't what he said. He couldn't wait to see this "puff ball"

"Well Chewbacca isn't too bad." he said, he always favoured Chewbacca. "Yeah. So they'll just think I'm a genius at creating names." he teased.

"Muggle sounds so odd" Wednesday said smiling as she thought about it for a moment. "How do you think wizards came up with that name for non magical people." Wednesday asked more to herself than anyone but still it was odd to hear Sam talk about muggle films. "yeah we watched muggle films all the time" Wednesday said laughing a bit "But I find that you did much more interesting than the fact that I did" She added.

"No the Joker is a bad insane though" Wednesday said still not caring for that villian. Yet as they talked about her Puffskein she smiled "I'll make sure to let you see it" Wednesday said "As long as Yoda doesn't eat it" She added. Wednesday may not own many animals but she knew what they did.

"Chewbacca" Wednesday repeated. "My friend back home named her dog after Chewbacca. Though everyone justs calls him Chewy" Wednesday said thinking of the rottie named Chewy that used to always be so friendly. "But yes everyone will think you are so creative. It will only be I that knows you are just taking names from movies" Wednesday said a smile on her face.

Sam smiled, it was so normal for him to say it. Then the topic moved onto the joker, "Yeah but he's well wicked!" Sam said knowing this wouldn't end so he left it at that. "I'll make sure Yoda doesn't eat it..anyways he's the goood guy." he smirked.

"Thats a cool name for a dog." he nodded in approval. "Yeah but Wednesday you aren't going to tell anyone are you?" he said and punched playfully in the arm.

Wednesday shook her head a bit. "Whatever you say. Though you are wrong. The joker is just creeper. But I will leave it on that" Wednesday said smiling. Usually she would always have to get the last word of an agruement or just something as simple as a debate about the best villian. It was just something that seemed to fit her.

"I'll keep you to that" Wednesday said about Yoda eatting her cute little Puffskein. Though when Sam nodded in approval of the name a smile spread across wednesday's face. "I should have known you would like that name" Wednesday said though it was rather good name.

"oh well I'm not sure" Wednesday said pretending to think if she was going to tell anyone. "As long as you don't laugh when I do a nose dive into the ground on my broom in flying than I think I can keep your little name stealing secret" Wednesday said wondering if she could even do a nose dive on a broom into the ground. If so that was going to hurt. The thought sort of turned Wednesday off of brooms.

Sam raised an eyebrow," Hmmm...I don't know about that." he storked his chin as if in deep thought. "Fine. Deal" he alughed and held out his hand.

"Well just to prevent you from helping me lose my dignity on the pitch. It'd be my pleasure to help you out with quidditch.." he suggested. He would actually look forward to that, he could see that Sam and Wednesday would become great friends. "Now back to these Puffskins...what colour are they exactly?" It was hard enough trying to imagine what they look like never mind their colour.

Wednesday smiled a bit brighter as Sam said it was a deal. "Good" She said as she reached out and held his hand shaking it a few times before releasing. As Sam offered to help Wednesday with her quidditch for a bit she shook her head a bit over exicted but hey that was how she was. "Sounds great" She said "But bare with me Quidditch is completely new and rather confusing. No hula hoops who would have thought" Wednesday said smiling though as she pushed the bracelets up and down on her arm for a bit before letting them go to their normal spot of clanging on her wrist.

"For someone who grew up in the wizarding world you know nothing of cute little puffskeins" Wednesday said smiling. It actually was nice that Sam didn't know everything about magical pets. That would of been a bit intimidating. "Well they are all different colours" Wednesday said knowing that it wouldn't help much "And they come in all sizes as well" She said knowing that the description of them was probably getting worse.

"But mine is light blue and the biggest one in the shop" Wednesday said proud of her choice of puffskein. "What kind of cat did you get?" Wednesday asked not wanting the conversation to be all about her and her puffskein.

Sam was pleased that she agreed to do Quidditch practise with him. Any opportunity to play quidditch was fine with him. "Its ok, you'll be a natural by the time I'm through with you." he winked.

Sam laughed, "Well, I seem to have forgotten to learn about little "Puff Balls"!" He then listened to her descritption, these little things sounded crazy. "Oh, I got a little Siamese one. I probably sound like a wuss don't I?" he chuckled.

Wednesday smiled "Well if you can turn someone who knows nothing about quidditch into a natural you must be good" She said truthfully. Now Wednesday knew she was going to be rather pathetic at it but at least Sam was willing to try. Maybe he was going to be a friend, a good friend. That was what Wednesday needed now.

"tisk tisk not learning about cute little puff balls. No wonder you are not in Ravenclaw" Wednesday said her voice teasing of coarse. Not many people knew about Puffskeins that was probably why Wednesday loved them so much. "You got a siamese kitten" Wednesday said smiling brightly though letting out a laugh when he said he sounded like a wuss. "No you don't. But I have to say I don't know many guys with cats" She added laughing a bit. Of coarse he didn't sound like a wuss. She actually liked that he got a cat instead of a snake or something to look cool.

When Wednesday said she didn't know many guys with cats he replied"Great..well thats reassuring!" his tone was gloomy, though he was just being dramatic, he really didn't care what those thought of him.

He had forgotten he was in the process of cleaning his broom, "Times flies when your having fun..eh?" he thought aloud and began to polish up his broom. "Did you want to be in Hufflepuff or did you have any other house in mind?" he asked her randomly, but it was always interesting to know if people were pleased with the hats decision.

Wednesday smiled "Well just don't tell many people that you have a cat and you will be fine" She said not meaning it of coarse. she doubted anyone would really care if Sam had a cat. It wasn't like he got a bunny or something like that. Now that would probably be a bad move.

"Yeah I don't even know how long I've been here" Wednesday said wishing she had brought a watch. Though watches are usually for people who care about timing Wednesday wasn't one of those. When the question of houses came up random Wednesday smiled. "well I was actually hoping for Ravenclaw" She said "But the talking, singing, sorting hat said something about me having a big heart" Wednesday said rolling her eyes knowing that it was true. "No I like Hufflepuff so far. But what about you?" She asked wondering if Sam was hoping for Hufflepuff.

Sam looked up from his broom, "Um.." he was debating in his head wheter he should tell her or not, but came to the conclusion that she was his friend now and he wasn't going to lie for her. "Well my dad-" he said slowly. "really wanted me Slytherin. My whole family were Slytherin. But..I..I was never like them, even when I was younger. I knew I wasn't a Slytherin. I haven't told them about Hufflepuff you know?" he was dreading that day immensly.

Wednesday could tell that Sam was unsure whether to tell her or not. It confused Wednesday like many things though. It was just houses, after all that was no big deal. Finally Sam spoke about his dad and Slytherin "Slytherin?" Wednesday said doubting that she even knew Sam after hearing that. "No offense Love but Slytherin doesn't seem your style" Wednesday said thinking how it seemed completely impossible. She had heard that Slytherins were not the easiest to get along with and Sam seemed easy enough to get along with. Maybe Wednesday just didn't know him well enough but she doubted that.

"Well your parents should just deal with it. I guess that is another good thing about being muggleborn. I wrote my mum and told her that I was a Hufflepuff. She asked me if I joined a gang" Wednesday said laughing a bit, not as much as when she recieved the letter though. "You'll parents will be fine with it. It's not like they have a choice" She continued.

Sam nodded, "I know right? I don't know where I came from...I mean I'm so different from my family. Maybe I'm adopted." he joked. Sam shook his head, "You don't know my parents...they..." he exhaled heavily. "They aren't going to take it good, my dad will probably disown me!" he said sadly though it was in an over-dramatic way.

Sam laughed at Wednesdays story that perked him up a little but he still had to tell them so that always brought him down. "Yeah they don't have a choice but I'll be like a..um...will disowner the family name." he said at the last bit doing a perfect impression of his father. "It doesn't matter I ain't going see them for another year so no worries...right?" he tried to get on the bright side of things. Sam fixed hi fringe out of his eyes again.

"So Wednesday." he said changing the subject, "Have you made much friends here yet?" he asked her. It was a typical question but he didn't care once it had got him of the parent subject.

Wednesday could tell that this was a sore subject with Sam. She was usually good at telling which subjects to stay out of but usually she never did. "Oh yes adoption is much more believable" She said joking a bit. Wednesday had once wondered if she was adopted but she knew that she looked way to much like her mother to even consider it. Pity.

"Well if they disown you I think I have a big enough house that you could pay rent to stay in" Wednesday said again with a joking tone. She did have a rather big house though. All the houses were huge back in the gated community that she lived it. "Plus I have plenty of girl friends back home I bet you would take a liking to a few of them" She said laughing a bit. Though really Wednesday did miss all her friends at home even if she was still the odd ball back home as she assumed she would be here now.

When Sam seemed to look on the bright side Wednesday nodded. She was tempted to break out in song singing stay on the sunny side. That was a very annoying song that her and her friends would sing on long car rides to drive the parents nuts. It was sort of like the song that never ends, but Wednesday doubted someone like Sam would really understand that. It was a muggle thing.

"Actually I've met a few people" Wednesday said thinking about some people that she knew. "But not many. I'm hoping to click with more people once I get to school" She said. "Have you made loads of friends yet?" She asked betting that he had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back