A Generally Terrible Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis Tuuri

Hey Everyone.​
Yesterday morning I went to visit my nana, who hasn't been very well in the past few weeks. She's had stomach problems and other complaints. When we got there, she was looking really dreadful and moaning in pain so mum made a doctor's appointment right away. The doctor didn't waste any time and called an ambulance.
My nana is very sick. She's over eighty years old and has born many children, has many grandchildren and even two great grandchildren, so there are many people who are very worried. What we know as of now is that she had gall stones that blocked up the tube between there and another part of her body. She got an infection that's been playing havoc with her body. That in tangent with her blocked heart valve has made her very sick. At first there was a bit of hope since she did not crash so hard as expected after they administered treatment, but they then confirmed that she'd had a massive heart attack because of septic shock from all the toxins that the blockage created.
In short, her kidneys are failing, and we've been told that this would have been dangerous even for a twenty year old. She will probably die either today or within the next few days.

Naturally I am very distressed at this, as are her eight children and all of the family she will be leaving behind. I'm here to report my scattered activity on HNZ in the coming weeks and to apologise for my absence yesterday and the majority of today. I hope you all understand and will keep my nana and her family in your prayers. They will all be in mine.
Thank you.
KR​
<i>
</i>

Wow KR I'm so sorry to hear about your nana. She and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug: :wub:

- Pat

KR :hug:

I'm thinking of you and your family. Kia kaha :)

xx

I'm sorry this has happened to you and your family. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

You and your family will be in my prayers
:hug:

Awww sweetie, I'm sorry. :console: If you need anything, PM me for my MSN or hit me up on Skype if I can ever get it to work again. :D

Update

My nana is still alive!
Naturally she's very weak, and if she does manage to pull through it all, she can't live on her own again and there'll be many months of rehab, but she's pulled through the worst of it and even opening her eyes a bit. The doctors are planning on taking her off the ventilator (if they haven't done so already) so that she can breathe on her own.
This is an absolutely miracle.
Thank you for all the well-wishing and kindness, everyone. Of course I'll still be ridiculously busy trying to feed some crazy amount of relatives, but in the meantime I can do with with a bit of a lighter heart.
Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back