A Garden Stroll

Asher Lurken

Wand
Zebra Wood 10" with essence of unicorn hair
Asher couldn't sit in the tent anymore. The tension between Sakura, Isabella, and herself was almost tangible. Asher wandered around the grouns and found a lovely garden. She made her way through the flowers admiring them and thinking.

What am I going to do? I like Noah so much, but he likes Sakura, who likes him but now seems to be angry at him. It isn't his fault and if I thought it was bad when he thought about her while they were getting along I can't even imagine how much it will hurt to see if he's in pain with her ignoring us. I don't even know if he returns my feelings, if he does he's very good at hiding it. I feel horrible for making Sakura so upset and I want to make things right...well as right as I can with her. Isabella doesn't help, I'm sure she really hates me. I didn't intend for anyone to get hurt, and now I may have hurt the one person that I couldn't stand to see in pain! she thought.

"Oh Noah..." she sighed as a single tear rolled down her cheek.

Sakura had been wandering around trying to give Bella and James some time together when her wanderings took her to the garden. She spotted Asher and wondered if she really wanted to talk with her right now. Thinking it probably best to clear the air or they would have a really crap year, she walked over to her.

"Hey Asher, what's up?" her smile wasn't quite the usual sunny side but for now it was all she was willing to give even when she spotted the tears on Ashers face.

Harri walked out to the gardens her face was spread into a smile which had been rare in the past few weeks. She spotted some girls who she could only assume where from either Drumstrang or Hogwarts Scotland, she thought it would be nice to go over and talk to them, "Hey, mind if I join you?" she asked seeing one of the girls looked pretty upset, "I'm Harri by the way," she added.

Sakura turned around to smile at the younger girl, figuring if herself and Asher were to talk privately it would have to be done back at the tent.
"Hi Harri, I'm Sakura and this is Asher. We're from the other Hogwarts or Hoggies" she smiled hoping Asher would pick up on the upbeat mood and cheer up. She didn't like to see anyone upset especially knowing she had something to do with it.

"Hey!" Harri said glad they seemed friendly, "So whats Hoggies like then?" Harri asked laughing at the nickname, her British accent, that usually sounded out of place, seemed to fit in perfectly right now.

Alex was just bored and decided to let his feet take him were he wanted to go. He hear Sakuras voice and walke dover to the garden looking nicely at the place. 'Hey guys. How are you?'he asked them, smiling his cheeky smile at them. He noticed another student with them 'Hey, I'm Alex,'he said, his glaswegian accent broad. He couldn't be bothered trying to alter his voice nowadays.

Harri grinned as someone else joined them "Hey Alex I'm Harri," she said happily "So I'm guessing your from Hogwarts Scotland?" she asked noticing his accent.

'Nice name,'he said smiling. 'Naw, I would never of guessed that.'he said sarcastically before realizing not many people got it when he was being sarcastic. He smiled. 'yeah course silly,'he said jokingly playfully punching her in the arm. 'So, how ar eyou?'

Harri grinned sarcasm was her speciality. She punched him back playfully "I'm great thanks, you? lovely meeting new people don'tcha think?" she said, it was nice having new people to talk to, exactly what she needed lately, someone who didn't know her life story.

Alex smiled and joked abck. 'If they're anythign like you, no. But I'm fien thanks,'he said smiling. 'So what year are you in here?'he asked smiling.

Harri laughed "Oh I can't garentee it," she said grinning, "Only second year," she said in mock depair "How about you?" she asked, guessing he was older.

'Shame. so young,'he said mockingly, smirking. He smiled. 'Fourth year, luckily,'he said smiling. 'Enjoy it here do yoyu?'

"Hey I'm not that young," Harri said in mock anger standing up to her full height before remembering she was pretty tiny "Fourth year, pfft your not that much older then me," she said laughing, "Yeah it's pretty great," Harri said thinking of only the good parts "How about you? Like Scotland do you?" she asked.

'Yeah, much better than here. There's no such thing as you there,'he said jockingly. he found ti quite amusing how she had brought herself up to her full height.

Harri shook her head and slumped to the floor "Well at least we're not rude here," she said laughing she was glad she had found some who she clicked with this quickly, "I'm from England and I don't think it's a patch on New Zealand," she said not entirely truthfully.

Alex smiled 'What's that meant to mean?'he asked confused. He looked at Sakura and Asher who were quite quiet. It was tue he had sorten forgotten them almost when he had been joking aorund with HArri.

Harri smiled sweetly "Nothing," she said, "So are you old enough to enter for the triwizard?" she asked, she couldn't for the life of her remember how old they had to be to enter.

ALex nodded. 'Yeah, me and the rest of us have put our name down for it,'he said smiling. 'Coz we're older,'he added jokingly.

Harri shook her head and laughed "Do you really want to do it?" she asked, she was brave but it sounded extremly dangerous especially since what the headmistress had told them "Someone died in it before.." she said stressing the word, she knew though she said this now if she had the chance to enter she certainly would "Oh I forgot to ask what house are you in?" she asked.

'No, but then, I don't have to worry. there's now ay I would get picked,'Alex said smiling and shrugging his shoulders. 'Saks more worthy than me, or even Asher at that point, no offense Asher,'he said, giving her a smile. 'I'm in Hufflepuff, coz of the food,'he said, forgetting to leave the food bit out. 'You?

[wow way to go with running off with a thread guys :p ]

Sakura smiled as Alex approached knowing himself and Asher were good enough friends perhaps she would cheer up a bit more now. She was about to answer Harri when a fast flowing conversation between herself and Alex began. Sakura wasn't usually one to let someone dictate a conversation but couldn't be bothered putting a kabosh on the two of them. It gave herself time to turn to Asher.

"Look we'll talk properly later I promise, best we just put a smile on things for now".

Asher turned when she heard someone approaching. When she realized it was Sakura she dried her face quickly...she didn't want to have any reason to make Sakura feel worse.

"Hi..." Asher whispered afraid to look at Sakura, she wasn't sure if she'd see anger, or hate, or pity, but if it was any of those she didn't want to see it. Before Asher got the chance to speak to Sakura they were joined by another student who Asher guessed was from New Zealand. Asher nodded at her in greeting and before she could turn back to Sakura, Alex arrived drawing in the other girl, who Asher learned was named Harri, into a long conversation.

"Look we'll talk properly later I promise, best we just put a smile on things for now". Sakura said. Asher turned to her and nodded. She wants to talk...thats a good sign...

"Alex...why don't you let someone else talk to Harri for a while..." Asher joked softly letting a half smile grace her lips but it didn't reach her eyes.

Alex was about to ask another question when he stopped. 'Yeah, ok. On you go. I won't bore her with me. She's really to boring to do that though'he said jokingly at the ned sticking his tongue out at her.

Asher turned to Harri and rolled her eyes and smiled a bit. "Sorry about him...he hits his head a lot..." Asher turned to Alex and stuck out her tongue and chuckled once. She still wasn't herself yet, but she was feeling a little better, mostly because it seemed like Sakura didn't totally despise her.

Sakura had only mentally come back into part of Harri and Alex's conversation, in time to hear Harri ask about someone dying in the tournament before. It felt like someone had pulled the rug right out from underneath her. Of course they would have heard about it here too.
She tried to smile as Alex said that herself and Asher were more worthy than he was but she doubted this. Alex was just as good as any of them. To stop Harri mentioning anything again, Sakura thought it best to just nip it in the bud.

"Gryffindor" pointing to herself, "Hufflepuff" pointing to Alex "And Slytherin" pointing to Asher with a smile.
"I think we have each house represented here actually and yeah, someone did die at the last triwizard. He was killed actually it wasn't the tournament itself that had killed him" she straightened herself up to her full height of 5'9" before saying anymore, "he was my uncle Cedric Diggory".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back