Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual (Matthew)
Wand
Knotted 14 1/2" Chestnut Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Amy had been wandering around the castle, exploring it, but she felt like she needed to make some friends from her own year, besides, she was going to share the same classes with most of them, so better to get to know them right? Sighing, she entered the Library hoping to read something, anything, that might occupy her time. She wanted to learn as well as much as possible this year. But on top of all of that she wanted a true friend, someone who would stay friends with her no matter what for the rest of her Hogwarts years, if not for a lifetime. Amy knew that it was a lot to ask but surely becoming best friends with someone couldn't be so bad. She missed having at least one best friend because she didn't get the chance to have one of those at the muggle school when she was younger; everyone just always teased her or made fun of her. The young girl had no idea why they would want to tease her. She did have her brother with her at all times, but it never helped the fact that the kids at her old school were just plain bullies. All because she was just different from the muggle kids; she was a witch, and now she was proud of being a witch, especially after meeting older students who were being so nice around her. It wasn't an act; that she was sure of, and it was saying something considering she had learnt to see right through people if they were being fake and pretending to be her friend, before backstabbing her at the last minute, when it was too late to break the friendship. She hated all of it.

She sat down at a table near the windows; opening up a random book that she wasn't even interested in, she let a few tears fall. The memories were too much; too painful. She cried silently for a couple of minutes before wiping her eyes with the back of her sleeve. Those stupid children weren't worth it. She was grateful to have a twin, a brother specifically, around her almost all of the time now. Anyway it was a while ago; however Amy couldn't help herself. She was having one of those days. She took deep breaths before calming down completely and blinked a couple of times as well as drying her eyes so that she didn't look like she was crying, she wouldn't want anyone to see her like that. Now curious about the book she had picked up, it was for sure from the Restricted Section from the title and the stamp printed on the back. But why would it be randomly lying on a table where everyone could see it? Wouldn't the librarian have put it back, by now? An idea started to form into her head like second nature - why not act a little mischievous for a while? It couldn't do anyone any harm. And since her curiosity got the better of her... She opened the book, and started to read it. Most of the words and things mentioned in the library book didn't make any sense to her, she couldn't understand any of it. It wasn't really ideal to read something she couldn't understand; her mind would be filled with utter rubbish. She closed the book and got up, placing it on a table that was three tables away from the table she was at. Thankfully no one sat there so she could do it freely. Quietly, she went back to her table as if nothing had happened, this time opening up a book more for her level of reading. She smiled as she could understand what was written. This time she actually wanted to read, and so she did. If someone disturbed her, oh well. She just wanted some peace before the place got too crowded and started filling up with student voices.

In James' own head he had seen a lot of the castle but the sad truth is that he probably had barely scratched the surface of wonderland that was Hogwarts. Stories of secret passages and hidden doorways had been his night time stories growing up and once he was inside the walls of the castle he had heard so much about, he wanted to live the stories not just hear them second hand from his parents. The young Gryffindor had began his school year wanting to see and do it all at once but he needed to pace himself, he had seven years and he suspected that he still wouldn't uncover all of the castles secrets, at the very least he wanted something new to report back home. With classes soon started James thought it would be a good idea to familiarise himself with the library, from what he had heard back home it was enormous, almost never ending.

His parents had undersold it. As James walked into the library his mouth almost hit the floor, it was the most amazing room he had ever seen. Of course, calling it a room was an unjustice to the magnificence that he was seeing. James looked at the booked stuffed into the towering bookshelves and the books that flew around the room. He couldn't read all of these if he spent his whole life here. James' attention then switched from the books to the people, most of the people in the library were in pairs or threes or groups, no one he could really just crash and forcibly befriend them. He noticed a young girl sitting alone, she appeared to be his age but as she wasn't wearing her school robe her house was a mystery, but he didn't care, he be friends with a Slytherin if they were nice enough. He approached her but as he got closer he noticed something about her, she was upset. She looked like she had been crying, mid walk he decided to change his tact, and quietly sat in on the opposite end of the table and whispered to the girl. "Someone looks like they need a friend,"

Many hours had passed in the library while Archie was deep into a hardback about the History of Hogwarts New Zealand. "Fascinating" he kept muttering with every turn of the page. There was nothing more Archie loved than getting stuck into an interesting book. He loved learning new facts. The only thing he enjoyed more was drawing, something his mother actively encouraged. But today was dedicated to reading, a wonderful and noble past time.

Jolting Archie out of his literature induced euphoria was the sound of a girl sniffling as if she had been crying "curious..." he thought to himself. He closed the book and looked round the immediate area to find the source of the noise. Soon enough he saw a young girl sitting at a table near the window, a girl who looked his own age though he didn't recognise her as a Slytherin. Slytherin's wouldn't be seen crying in public she had to be from a house which valued traits like compassion such as Gryffindor or Hufflepuff.

Deciding the girl didn't want to be disturbed Archie settled back down into the comfy armchair and revisited the book he had closed moments earlier, sometimes glancing at the girl every now and then to make sure she was okay. It was probably none of his business anyway, but he didn't like seeing people upset. He took note of the book she placed down on the table only a couple of paces away from him, she had a puzzled face. Curiosity got the better of Archie and he sneakily picked the book up when he knew the girl wasn't looking. She looked too absorbed in the new book she had selected. Archie examined the cover, he was always interested in what other people were reading. Not just to be nosey, but also to challenge himself. He always wanted to be better and a way of doing that was to succeed where others had failed. This book was a prime example of this behaviour he had learnt from his past experiences. It was also his way of getting positive attention which he craved.

Not too long after this a boy walked into the library and sat across from the girl who had been upset a few moments ago. Archie shook his head "you need to act with more decorum than that" he thought to himself smirking. He didn't hear exactly what the boy said but he didn't think the girl would appreciate being cornered. Archie decided to wait a bit longer before he joined the young students by the window. He didn't know how this conversation would work out. He disappeared behind his book so it didn't look like he was eavesdropping.

Sebastian, not having anything to do on this day, decided to take a stroll through the library. Reading was his passion and the library was most likely going to be his second home while he attended Hogwarts. He passed by row upon row of books but he couldn't decide which one to pick up. They all jumped out at him and it was slightly overwhelming. He sighed as he meandered through the books. Out of the corner of his eye he could see a boy and girl, probably first years as well judging by how young they look, talking by the window. He sighed. He wish he could just walk up to someone and begin a conversation.

That's when he noticed a young boy eyeing them and then returning to his book. Sebastian let out a small and quiet laugh. Here's an opportunity to talk to someone. He walked over to the boy and quietly said. "Take it from someone who observes people a lot. You're going to have to be more subtle than that." He winked at him and continued, "If you want to eavesdrop you got to do better. However...if you're trying to talk to them...I don' t know how to help in that department. Making friends isn't something I excel at..."

Amy almost jumped when a boy about her own age sat down opposite her. She looked up in surprise at him, who would ever want to sit with her and possibly talk to her? After what happened back at home, Amy was entirely convinced people wanted to just strike up a conversation out of pity for her. She hated it. She didn't like it at all, it made her feel even worse than she already did. Amy could've guessed the boy from Gryffindor - judging by the colour of his robes - only sat with her to probably make her feel better, and she appreciated it, really, but she just couldn't make herself trust him right away. She smiled weakly at him. "Guess so," she replied quietly. She didn't know what else to say. It's not like she could just pour out all this information about her past to some stranger - she didn't know him, not even slightly, and she couldn't bring herself to trust him just yet. Maybe in future, if she got to know him better. But she had to be careful for now.

Seeing as he was in Gryffindor Amy was a bit more lenient so she added, "In case you were wondering, I'm in Hufflepuff." She sent a small smile his way; she could make an effort, after all it was his choice to come to her table. She also figured he was curious as to what house she was in; she had experienced that one before herself. And she added it just in case it did matter to him.

James' smile widened when the girl began to speak to him. He wasn't sure how his enthusiasm would go down with someone who was clearly upset. James didn't do pity, he didn't like it and he didn't get it. For him the only reason to talk to someone who was upset would be to cheer them up. Right? "Yes you are, I can see the yellow on your robes, and I guess you already know my house," James waved his hands around the red trims of his robe as if to tell her without telling her. "I was and wasn't wondering your house, I mean if you weren't wearing your robes I would have asked eventually but it wouldn't really matter, but the reason I came over is that you look upset and I don't like seeing someone upset, it makes me upset although probably not as much as you," James smiled and eventually so did the girl, he wanted to dance or do some kind of celebration for making her smile, although he suspected his job wasn't done. If this girl was in a house like Hufflepuff, where students are known for being friendly and loyal, was sat alone in the library while she was down then maybe she needed James more than she cared to admit. "See there's that smile, you have a lovely smile you should show it off more," Suddenly James realised he was still standing, that and he was talk a lot. "Ok, I've talked your ear off a lot, but you smiled so I consider it a win, if want me to take a hike and leave you be I will, if not would you mind if I sit down? I find its easier to cheer people up sat down," James smiled, he talked way too much but he liked that.

Classes had started now which meant Maddie had to start studying, especially for the more theory heavy classes that she didn't like. She much preferred to be outside doing practical things, she couldn't wait for classes like Herbology that she could really get to grips with. Flying was soon though, that would be a good practical class (she hoped). However, today she had to start reading for her classes, Defence Against the Dark Arts in particular as she was petrified of the Professor. He had sent shivers down her spine in their first lesson. Maddie realised she needed to do everything she could to stay on his good side. Studying hard seemed to be a good start.

Unable to study in Gryffindor tower she brought down her books and her writing materials to the Library where she was sure to find peace and quiet. However, many other students had the same idea as her and it was soon filling up. She had to move quickly to find a seat so she thought somewhere near the window would be perfect and as luck would have it Maddie recognised a young Hufflepuff first year sitting across from a boy in her own house. It was Amy, a girl who Maddie had instantly liked and got on well with ever since they met when they explored the castle with the Lasgowski twins. Despite being excited to see her friend, Amy didn't seem that happy and Maddie wasn't sure if the boy was making things worse.

Deciding to interrupt the conversation to 'save' her friend if need be. Maddie walked over to the two first years and disturbed them. "Amy!" she said "Fancy seeing you here. It's almost like fate. I need a distraction from studying and you look like you need cheering up!" she chatted animatedly. She quickly glared at the boy who sat across from Amy. "Is he bothering you?" Maddie whispered to Amy, hoping the boy couldn't hear her. She waited for Amy's okay before she sat down next to her friend. Maddie didn't want to invade her personal space if she was feeling down.

"Yeah, Gryffindor, nice house, I prefer Gryffindor to Slytherin," Amy said without thinking. Of course, her brother Daniel was an exception for him being in Slytherin, but Amy did like the red house much better than the green house. Not that she would admit that in front of her twin. "Thanks for coming by the way, I was just... remembering stuff from back at home." She could at least give the boy that, right? It wasn't like she was elaborating any further so it should really be fine. When he complimented her smile, she blushed furiously and muttered, "Thanks, you're not too bad yourself," without exactly meaning to say how she thought of him. Realising she didn't even know his name, she introduced herself as she felt a little better. "Don't think I've said it, I'm Amy." She smiled again. Her friendly side was showing off again. "Oh and of course you can sit down," a small laugh escaped her lips. Maybe he really was able to make her feel better, and Amy probably needed someone like him way more than she would ever admit.

Soon the library was filling up with students and when a girl also in Gryffindor was approaching their table Amy tensed but soon noticed that it was Maddie, a girl she liked and her friend. "Hey, yeah, just going through some bad childhood memories," she said it airily as if trying not to make a big deal out of it. The people at the table with her didn't know what happened back then; she didn't want to pin down so much information to people and make them worry or feel sorry for her. It was the past and that was that. But the memories had been strong - a little too strong, and so her voice wavered slightly when she spoke. She swallowed and continued, "No, he's not bothering me, quite the opposite actually. Cheering me up. You can sit with us if you like." she gestured to the seat next to her.

James was thrilled that the girl seemed to be warming to him, even enough to give him her name. Amy. He liked the name, but he had already made her blush once and he didn't want to overwhelm her too much, she seemed like someone who wasn't used to getting a lot of compliments. He would hold back for now, his compliments would increase the more comfortable she became around him. "My name's James, Amy's a nice name I think it suits you," It was like once he started talking he couldn't help himself. Amy mentioned that she preferred Gryffindor to Slytherin, that was a popular attitude among Hogwarts students, it seemed that the only students who liked Slytherin was the Slytherins. James however didn't much stock into peoples houses, nice people were nice people after all. When Amy gave him her blessing to sit down he took his seat and decided to swing the conversation back to her comment about what she had been remembering. "Well I've just met you, so I'm not going to pry into your private life, so that would be crazy but I will say this and it might be hard to believe, I can be a good sounding board, I can sit in silence, mostly, and listen while you get things off your chest, just something to consider in future," James gave her a big, genuine smile and hoped that he wasn't coming on too strong. Some people could be put off by his talkative nature. Soon they were interrupted by the arrival of a Gryffindor girl, James had to admit he had not seen much of her and didn't know her name but she seemed to know Amy and asked the Hufflepuff if James was bothering her. Thankfully she told her friend he wasn't and even that James was cheering up. He was very glad to hear it and turned to the Gryffindor and smiled at her, "Hi, I'm James, I believe we're housemates,"

Raising her eyebrow Maddie sat down next to Amy opposite the Gryffindor boy. She still wasn't too sure about him, Maddie liked meeting new people but she had a weird feeling about the boy. "Thank you" she said giving her friend a quick smile. "Don't worry about those, they're in the past and now you have me!" she said enthusiastically "and him" Maddie muttered. "Hello... James" she said slowly "I haven't seen you around Gryffindor Tower much..." she added. Which was true, but then again, she had met more people her own age from other houses than she had from Gryffindor which she thought was a bit strange. Having a diverse group of acquaintances made things interesting though. "Oh and i'm Maddie" she smiled awkwardly at James. If Amy liked him and he was cheering her up maybe she should be kind to him also...

Archie looked up from the volume to the boy who had walked over to him, offering Archie some unneeded advice. "What would you know about it?" he asked the boy. "I was waiting for the right time actually... they seem pretty busy at the moment." A third person had joined the two by the window. The atmosphere changed into something almost, awkward. Maybe now was the time to join the group. However, Archie was intrigued by this new boy who decided talking to Archie was his best course of action. "Do take a seat and enlighten me with your wisdom" Archie said almost mocking the boy in a playful fashion. This boy didn't seem confrontational, Archie didn't think he wanted to cause any trouble here. Maybe it was time to open up and to stop being on edge. The confrontation with the Cairo twins had changed Archie's view of Hogwarts for the worse.

Amy couldn't help but smile, the boy really was trying to make an effort of cheering her up. Maybe they'd become friends after all. She hoped they would, at least. "Nice to meet you then, James," she said trying out his name. She liked it, it suited him just as he had said her name suited her. "If you're such a good listener, I'll keep it in mind for the future," she replied. Man, how can someone be so nice? She wasn't really experienced in that field, at least people being nice to her, but she liked the warm fuzzy feeling it gave her. Amy looked happily between Maddie and her new friend James as they introduced themselves to each other. Hogwarts wasn't so bad in the end. Could've been worse. "I sure do have good friends, don't I?" she spoke to Maddie this time. Her day was slowly getting back to normal, or as normal as a witch's day could become.

There was something about Amy's friend Madeline. She didn't seem to like him, perhaps she was being protective over her friend which he could understand. Not everyone took to James straight away but he hoped that she would warm to him in time, she was in house after all so maybe if she spent some one on one time with him the girl would see that James was a friend worth having. He did like the way Amy had warmed up when Madeline arrived, she looked more comfortable with someone she had known for a little while, he hoped that she would become like that with him but only time would tell. "I hope you do Amy," James smiled when she said she would keep in mind using his listening powers if she ever needed to talk again. He hoped that moment would come, there was nothing more rewarding than giving someone a chance to work out their issues, without even saying a word. Amy then turned to Maddie and mentioned that had good friends, he hoped he was included in that or at the very least, would be soon.

Amy felt what she hadn't in years around other people but her own family, and that was comfortable. She liked the thought and she smiled. For some reason these people made her be herself around them, she didn't regret it at all, not even one bit, she loved the feeling and she hoped that neither Maddie nor James would hurt Amy in the future. She really hoped it wouldn't happen with James. As she remembered that he was here sitting with her cheering her up, Amy's cheeks went red. She hated how it happened to her so easily, only because she had paler skin than most of her year at Hogwarts. No matter how hard she tried, her pink cheeks wouldn't go back to her normal colour so she gave up in trying and instead noticed a couple of other first years - she'd seen them around, but had never spoken to them - that were looking in their direction.

She caught a rather small boy's gaze on her and she raised her eyebrows at him as well as the other boy with him. How had she not noticed them before? She must have been too caught up in her problems to even notice they had been there probably the whole time... Her attention came back to James as he said that he hoped she had good friends, that was sweet; she realised he must've wondered if he was included. Amy slightly nodded at him, to say that he was definitely her friend now, at least she wanted him to be, she had just met him and she already liked his personality. The girl was also slowly considering opening up to people, certainly not everyone, but some students who made an effort getting to know her.

Maddie nodded "You do have good friends. Even if I do say so myself!" she said laughing and she stuck her tongue out at Amy. She was glad she had such a good friend, someone she could tell everything to and vice versa. She never wanted Amy to feel upset, Maddie vowed she would always make her feel at home here. She wanted Amy to forget about what happened to her in the past. She would give her friend good memories like going on adventures together to replace the old, bad ones.

The tone of the conversation soon changed, she felt like a third wheel between Amy and James. Maddie shuffled in her seat as James and Amy made 'heart eyes' at each other. She rolled her eyes, her attention turned to a couple of young boys who seemed in some kind of confrontation. She only got bits of the conversation as they seemed to be talking in hushed tones. "I think those boys have been watching us..." she mumbled to no one in particular.

James had come over to sit with Amy with the sole intention of cheering up a girl who looked upset, to be a friend to someone who needed it and to improve on his non existent social life. All that seemed to change over the course of the conversation with the Hufflepuff, James wouldn't be able to pick out a moment when the interaction between the two changed but he defiantly felt it, he could see the pink tint in Amy's cheeks as she sat across from him, there was something about the eye contact the two made with each other that had James unable to break it and unable to stop smiling. The appeared it as if Amy began to look around and her attention went to two first year boys over her shoulder and Maddie's eyes had gone that way too. The general consensus at the table was that the two boys were watching them and having a discussion between themselves. "Odd, I think they might talking about us as well," James announced to the table, the three of them now at a point where they were announcing observations to the table rather than at individuals.

Amy had no idea what had happened, but in that short moment there seemed to be a sort of spark between her and James and for some reason she couldn't break it up; it was as if she didn't even want to. But, they weren't alone and she didn't want to make Maddie feel like a third wheel, she didn't like the thought of losing another friend. Amy laughed when Maddie stuck out her tongue. She nodded at Maddie and James when they agreed at what she had been thinking earlier - that another table with two other boys were watching them. "Be right back," she muttered simply to her friends and without hearing what they had to say, she got up and walked over to the others who she had noticed previously looking at them. Or more like observing them. "Hi there, can I help you?" she asked as politely as possible. Or, as politely as she could at people who have been watching the three first years. She sent them a smile as a way of saying that she meant no harm.

James sat back and watched as Amy got up to talk to the boys who appeared to be watching the three of then. She approached them and began talking politely to them to see what they were looking at. James gave her a couple of minutes before he got up and joined her at the boys table. "Guys, if you wanted to come over you should have I won't bite, Amy might though," At that comment James turned to Amy and winked. He hoped that it would make her blush because it gave him a strange sense of pride to have such an effect on someone he had just met. Especially someone like Amy. "And Maddie isn't nearly as scary as she looks, she's all bark I promise," Though truth be told he was glad she wouldn't be able to hear his comment.

Amy wanted to hide her face, sometimes she didn't like the way her face was so pale that when she blushed she went really red. Really and visibly red. Thing was, only James made her blush this hard. He wasn't ugly either, so that little fact didn't help the situation. Especially when he winked. She decided to play the part and smiled widely at him, unaware her dimples were showing. Turning her attention back to the boys, she said, "Sure, you're more than welcome to come sit with us. And," she added, looking at James as she said this, "I most definitely do not bite. None of us do." She wanted to stick out her tongue at James but thought, better not. She might've looked childish otherwise, and it was the last thing she wanted. Her heart made a little flutter every time James looked at her. Whats happening to me? she thought, but soon shook it out of her mind. Now was not the time.

The conversation with the first years who were sitting by the window had progressed very rapidly. Before Archie knew it they had all started staring at him and the boy who Archie was almost arguing with. One of the students had started to walk over to them. Panicking, Archie stood up to face the girl who was now in front of him. "I... I... I was..." he stammered. Cursing himself for being so awkward. He held his hand out to the girl and introduced himself. My name is Archibald Villiers, pleasure to meet you" he said quickly deliberately avoiding the girl's question.

A second student came towards the two boys and Archie knew this was the end of his spying career, he was clearly rubbish at it. The boy who spoke to him earlier was right. He laughed at what the Gryffindor boy had said and Archie looked at each person in turn. The girl who spoke to Archie first seemed to blush at what the Gryffindor boy had said. However, the other girl who was still at the table didn't utter a word or try to join everyone here. She seemed hostile, Archie didn't deal well with hostility. He sensed there was some kind of unsaid bitterness between the three that he didn't want to get involved in. He hoped the others would follow suit with introductions as it was hard to keep up with everyone.

James noticed that the boy seemed rather awkward in his situation, it was understandable, he had suddenly been surrounded by two strangers. "I'm James by the way, this is Amy and that's Maddie," James pointed over his shoulder with his thumb at the girl still sat at the table. "She doesn't like me all that much maybe you'll have better luck with her," James looked over his shoulder, it seemed strange that Maddi would take such an instant dislike to him but then again she had walked in on him and her friend. Maybe she was being protective it maybe she was jealous. Who knew, but as she was in the same house as him he hoped to find out.

Amy and James had both got up to introduce themselves to the two boys who were staring at them from across the room. "Of course they would go together" Maddie thought to herself rolling her eyes. To make a point Maddie stayed seated. She knew that this would give off a bad impression but at this point she didn't really care. What started off as a good day was ending as a rubbish one. She saw the young Slytherin boy look over to her and she gave a little wave. If they wanted to talk they would have to come back to the table. She could only imagine what James was saying about her to the new arrivals.

Jezebel had decided to thumb through a few volumes in the Hogwarts library that particular day. You never know what you might find inside a magical castle, and since Jezebel was a lover of books, what might she discover in a magical library filled with magical books? She figure out she'd be returning to the library the moment she stepped through its doors for the first time. It truly was magnificent, any readers dream. Even if you didn't care for reading all too well, the environment would sure encourage you to open a book.

And so, she was sitting on the edge of a lower book shelf, a thick green tome in her lap etitled, Dark Creatures of Myth & Reality. It was fasinating. Not a classic muggle book, nothing like it in the slightest, but it gripped Jezebel on the first page. She lowered her book, hearing chatter, and the social butterfly in her perked.

Rounding the corner she found several students of different houses all in a good conversation. Only, one looked a bit more distanced than the others. She strode towards the brunette girl who shared her house, and made an attempt to strike up a conversation. Maybe cheer her up as well. She seemed a bit, excluded from something perhaps."Hey. What do you think of this library? I find it pretty awesome, myself."

A girl dressed in Gryffindor robes approached the table Maddie was sitting at. She quickly glanced at the girl when she was talking but Maddie didn't recognise her. "Hi.." she said to the girl quickly, not taking her eyes off the group. She didn't want to lose focus observing her friends that had left the table. She had to keep an eye on James and Amy, she was very uncomfortable with this pairing.

However, aware that she was giving off negative energy from her last social encounter, Maddie didn't want the girl to feel uneasy because Maddie was in a bad mood. After all, meeting new people was one of Maddie's favourite things to do and she wouldn't let James get in the way of that. She snapped out of her trance and smiled at the girl "Isn't it amazing? They probably have all kinds of books in this place. I wouldn't be able to get through them all!" she chatted.

Jezebel smiled warmly at the girl as she appeared to be quite friendly and open. It was still obvious to her that the girl was still uneasy about something. Jezebel refrained from prying, she didn't wish to come across as intrusive or nosy, and so she simply continued their conversation. "I know right? This must be the largest library I've ever visited. And it's filled with such magical books, but I suppose that's pretty obvious." she said, laughing at herself. Of course they were magical.

Jezebel glanced over at the other group. She couldn't hold her inquisitiveness in any longer. "They your friends?" She asked quietly, carefully studying the girl's face to hopefully gauge a reaction to her question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back