Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Renata <3
Wand
Knotted 13" Sturdy Pear Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Eugene had of course never gone on a date, and though this was a friend date because he was too young to actually date he couldn’t help but be a little aware that this was date like. He hadn’t put much effort into his outfit, with the fact he didn’t really have most of the items he needed. He wore his school shoes, not the trainers he did tend to wear, he was wearing his school trousers and a shirt, but no tie, since he didn’t have a tie that wasn’t a school one. He didn’t have a jacket and just had his sleeves rolled up. He wasn’t sure he would make much of an impression with how little effort he had put in, but the reason he had put in such little effort was because he didn’t have the means for anything else. Eugene was thankful that his date for the evening was someone he knew. He knew it would make things easier for him. He walked to the great hall and was waiting at the entrance, mostly in awe of what he was seeing, how beautiful it looked. This would be a good night.

Ivelisse had already been quite excited for the yule ball after what her sister had told her about the parties at school, even more so now that she knew she didn't have to go alone or with someone she didn't know. The not going alone part had been easily solved by her signing up for the blind dates thing the clubs had going on but she had still been quite relieved to have seen Eugene's name next to her own on the list. It wasn't that she'd mind going someone she didn't know, but at least now she was sure things would be fun. She had enjoyed hanging out with him before after all. In the chaos that was people meeting up with their dates in the entrance hall it took Ivelisse a little while to spot Eugene, happily making her way through the small crowd of students when she did. "Hey!" She grinned when she reached him, directing her gaze into the hall to see what he was looking at. Despite what her sister had already told her about it the hall still looked a lot more impressive than anything she could've imagined. "Wow, they really do go all out, huh?"

Eugene smiled at her, "Hey cuz!" he greeted warmly. He nodded and then looked up at the hall again, he agreed. "it's amazing," he agreed. It was amazing. Just so magical. So great, he couldn't imagine his old muggle school doing anything like it. Eugene thought it was beautiful. "This is nothing like my old school dances," he said. He wasn't sure what they were supposed to do. "Do you wanna dance or maybe just get some snacks?" he asked. He wasn't sure what they were to do, there weren't things to do like halloween, but there were snacks and drinks. maybe she'd want to get something to eat or drink.

Ivelisse grinned when Eugene he greeted her, nodding in agreement when he mentioned the hall looked amazing. It really did look amazing though. She had only spent the good part of a year at a muggle school but she had been too young back then to even attend any sort of school parties or dances. Homeschooling didn't leave much room for any of that either so she smiled when he mentioned it already being very different than what he was used to. "I've never even been to a school dance." She admitted with a small shrug. It didn't really bother her. Especially not since she knew it was highly unlikely that any of them would compare to those at hogwarts. She was definitely already looking forward to a while seven years of these dances. "Snacks sounds good." Iva nodded with a smile. "I don't think you're ready for my incredible dance skills yet." She added jokingly. She wasn't a good dancer, never had been, and even though it took a lot to shake her confidence dancing in front of the entire school did sound a bit challenging. She knew she shouldn't really care about the opinions of others and normally she didn't, but sometimes she just couldn't help it. Even more so when she had very little friends to back her up if she did make a complete fool of herself.

Eugene frowned a little when Ive said that she had never been to school dance. He wasn't sure how many magical people went to muggle school, he wasn't sure a lot of them did. It felt like a bit of pressure, he wanted her to have a good first dance, Halloween maune didn't count. "Oh I don't know, I've had plenty of practice dancing," he gave a little dance move, he wasn't a good dancer, but he also didn't care to be. He didn't try to be good, but he nodded along and then they headed towards the snacks. "Do you think the snacks will be different from halloween?" he asked. He assumed they would be so he was quite eager to be able to take a look at them.

Ivelisse chuckled at the little dance move Eugene did. "Okay so maybe I'm not ready for your dance moves yet." She joked. She was glad he agreed to head towards the snack tables first though. Not having been to a school dance before didn't feel like that big of a deal but at the same time she still wanted to see what things were like first for a bit. Halloween had been fun but it was nothing like an actual dance like the yule ball, that much she was sure of already. "Probably." She nodded in response to his question. "Although I figure some might be the same just differently decorated or something. More christmassy or yule-like or whatever." Ivelisse added with a chuckle. "Did you try a lot at Halloween?" She asked curiously when they reached the snack table. She was aware Eugene hadn't grown up with magic so spotting the snacks at the halloween feast must've been some sort of experience for him at the very least.

Eugene laughed lightly as she joked with his. He thought his dancing was pretty good, but of course he'd been playing it up. The boy nodded as she said, probably quite correctly that the food was likely similar to what had been at halloween just not decorated the same, which seemed pretty logical. "I tried a good amount," he told her. "I like snacks!" he told her brightly. He looked at the different snacks he could see, "You were pretty right then!" Eugene said. he held up a cookie. "Did you try stuff at halloween?" Eugene asked.

Ivelisse wasn't surprised when Eugene mentioned he had tried quite some snacks during halloween. She could understand that though, sure that if she was suddenly faced with a table full of snacks of which a good part was different than what she was used to she would dig in as well. "Honestly, I wouldn't trust anyone who doesn't love snacks." She giggled, getting herself a slice of a yule log once they reached the snack table and happily digging in. She grinned when he said she was right, which was something she was quite keen on. Being right about things. "Not a lot, I got a bit distracted by the fun house mirrors and all that." Ivelisse answered truthfully. "But then it wasn't like they had a lot of stuff I never tried before." She added with a small shrug as she poured herself something to drink. "You want some?"

Eugene gave a little smile at her words, ”True bro, especially when the snacks are free,” he said. He took a bite of what he had picked and nodded. It seemed the one big difference was that unlike halloween there wasn’t as much to do, rather everything was kinda more formal...but he figured that would be the case with everyone dress so fancy. ”Sure!” he said as she offered him a drink. The drinks at school were pretty random he never wholly knew what he would get but he never said no. ”I did the fun house at halloween, kind of expected they would have the same sort of thing at this, but it wouldn’t fit with the fancy formal they’re going for,” he joked. He was sure that others like him who maybe weren’t too interested in dancing would want something else to do.

So far, Ivelisse was still glad that she had been paired with Eugene. Seeing his name of the list she had figured things would be fun and now they were actually hear that thought just seemed to be confirmed. She grinned when he agreed with her not to trust anyone who didn't like snacks. As far as judging people went that seemed like a pretty solid factor to look at. It did say a lot about a person after all. She handed him the first drink she had poured, before getting herself another one and taking a sip of it. "I loved the mirrors." Ivelisse giggled when Eugene mentioned doing the fun house at the halloween feast. "Yeah, this is definitely a whole lot more formal." She nodded, kind of bummed there didn't seem to be anything else to do than dancing herself as well. "Which explains why everyone is so keen on bringing dates, I guess." She added with a small shrug, curiously looking around at some of the students around them. "I do enjoy watching how fancy everyone looks though. Some people really did put in a lot of effort."

Eugene gave a wide smiled as she said she loved the mirrors. He would definitely check them out next time. "it is WAY more formal," he agreed, and could agree that it was likely why people brought dates, he wouldn't mind being alone but he was sure that it was the sort of event where it was nicer to be at it with someone, than alone. "Yeah, I wonder how much some of these outfits cost," he said, though it didn't matter how much or how little money someone put into an outfit, given that his was literally just his own school uniform. "I guess though one night in a year or maybe two if the valentines ones is like this, two nights in a year where you can just get fancy and have fun is not a bad thing,"

Ivelisse laughed at Eugene's response, especially at how he emphasized his words. He was definitely right though. She had to admit she kind of liked the fanciness of it all though, especially since it was hard to keep her eyes of staring at the ceiling and the other decorations. The halloween decorations had been fun, but the yule ball ones were just plain gorgeous. "Or how much time some girls spend on their hair. Guys too, actually." She grinned in response. She meant well though, quite impressed with how pretty a lot of them looked and how much effort they seemed to have put into their whole look. "I like it." Ivelisse nodded in agreement. "Plus I think it's nice they put on dances like this. Although I might be biased since I've got nothing to compare it to." She added with a chuckle.

Eugene nodded in agreement, before saying, ”You’ll never guess how much I spent on my hair bro,” he said it in way to imply that he was joking about how much it cost to do his hair as he had, when they could probably both tell it hadn’t cost anything but a comb. He did like it too. He didn’t have money for new outfits every time, or money for even one, but it was fun, it was cool. ”Oh trust me, unless you went to a really fancy school bro comparing this to muggle school dances is like comparing apples to oranges,” Eugene said. ”For instance my school to black out the windows would tape black bin bags over them,” he said laughing lightly.

Ivelisse was still keenly looking around to appreciate the outfits some other students were wearing, focussing back on Eugene just in time to realize he was joking after looking at his hair for a second. "Probably the same as mine." She joked in return. As much as she loved her hair it was hard to deal with at times and since it had been working around her all day she figured getting it up would be the easiest way to go for the night. Plus it still looked like she did at least something with it. "No.." Ivelisse looked at him when he mentioned his school blacking out the windows with bin bags, trying to control her laughter as she tried to figure out whether he was serious or not. She only managed a second though before covering her mouth with her hand to try and silence the loud laugh she let out. "Oh the perks of magic." She giggled, trying to imagine them having to use the same method on the huge windows in the great hall. "Can you imagine the professors trying to do that here?"

Eugene laughed lightly at her statement before she seemed to be in some disbelief about how his old school had dealt with windows. He could see that she wasn’t really managing to control her laughter. ”You can laugh,” but even as he said it she began laughing. He nodded in agreement, there were some definite perks to being magical. To having magic. To being magic. He looked to some of the professors who were chaperoning this event and had to lightly laugh. ”God no, bro,” he said. He liked the teachers here but they were professors and so with magic they would maybe help decorate but without he could not imagine it so. ”Maybe professor Holland, the flying professor, but none of the rest of them. I bet those.erm...house….thingys do it here,”

Ivelisse was glad Eugene didn't mind her laughing at the whole 'bin bag blacking out windows' situation, even if she had already started when he said so. It was still good to know he wouldn't be offended by it, although she was sure he wouldn't. He didn't seem like he'd be bothered by a lot and he had already been laughing a little himself when he mentioned it in the first place. "Yeah, she might do a solid job." She grinned when he mentioned their flying professor. She figured maybe the muggle studies professors might be able to get it done as well since they'd at least know more of what they were working with. She didn't know how good they were on a broom though and those windows were big. "I reckon the house elves would get it done within no time." She nodded in agreement. They always seemed incredibly skilled after all and she couldn't help but to be a little impressed by everything they got done. "Although if we're talking no magic, having professors up on a ladder would definitely be a sight to see." Ivelisse added with a grin, staring up at the windows for a second as she tried to imagine that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back