A Fresh Start

Collin Jin

It was only seven in the morning and Collin was sitting in the great hall. He had no idea why he would wake up at this time and he was going to attend classes. Perhaps it was because of Makaylah and that he was trying to make her happy. "Great" He muttered as he placed his head on the table and shut his eyes, listening to students entering the great hall and talk to each other. Collin was never a morning person, this was one of the reasons why he never go to his classes in the morning because he hated morning and he would rather be sleeping, not learning. This was pretty odd that he was sorted to Ravenclaw and yet he had been running away from his classes instead of sticking his nose on a book.

Collin opened his eyes as he continued staring blankly at students that were coming. The fourth years Ravenclaw yawned as he stood up and stretched his arms to the air and looked back to the food that were served on the table. He took a sip on the pumpkin juice and continued to sleep, not wanting to be bothered at least not until the Professors told them to leave.

Makaylah frame glasses broke this morning, she was so glad she remember to use repairo before she lost her wits trying to configure the the frames together with scotch tape. In a rush she put herself together fairly well, putting on anything that suited her right to eat breakfast this morning. When she went around looking for Collin, everyone she came across said they last saw him going to the great hall.

She headed for that direction, this was something she had to really see if it were true. Collin up this morning is a real shocker to Makaylah. The boy she like was very lazy and never put mind to caring about school work or being up this early. In fact it puzzle her a lot why he ended up being a claw. He was surly a puzzle no one could understand, Makaylah being the less many that had figure him out well. She always said she had a thing of reading people. Mom always told her that, and if mom said Makaylah had to believe it was true. "Hey" she stride carefree to Collin. He was sleeping, this made her laugh. "Oh my gawd Collin! Get up" she sat poking at his sides, he was so sweet and cute when he was sleeping!

Collin had been sleeping for a while, listening to some boy making noises and girls gossiping. The young boy groaned as he listened to the noise. "D@mn it" He muttered continuing sleeping. Not too long Collin could hear the voice of someone he knew, someone he loved, Makaylah. He pretended to sleep until she poked his sides. "WOW! Hold on missy!" He grabbed her hands and laughed. He was ticklish and no one knew about this, not until now. A smirk appeared on his face as he held her hands with a hand of his and poked her by the side hoping that she was ticklish as well. He laughed as he let go of her hands and scoot closer to her. "How are you this morning?" He smiled with his sleepy eyes as he rested his head on her shoulder. "I am sooo sleepy" He closed his eyes smiling as he lie his head on her shoulder.

"Hey, Hey!" Makaylah uttered to squeal, she was very ticklish when being poke by her cute boyfriend. She ended up sitting besides him but with arms thrown in front of her from stop him from attacking her with his poking finger. She love that he was more calm and had this side of him to make her laugh. He has really grown on her, weirdly didn't take much long for the effects of a relationship to happen. "eh, I'm okay, wish there weren't any lesson to go too" she smile as he lean on her, the threats to poke soon disapperated from Collin's thoughts. "I know how you feel" she kiss his hair, smiling to herself. "I just want to go back to sleep for a couple...more...hours" not typically what she would, yet it sounded refreshing and comfortable if she was in her bed sleeping instead of lessons. It sounded like heaven right now.

"Hmmm I smell two rebels" Collin smirked and quickly looked at Makaylah in the eye and smiled at her. "What do you think about skipping class today?" He continued looking at her hoping that she would say yes. The only reason why Collin woke up in the morning was only to meet his girlfriend and make her happy. "Comee ooon... I don't think the Professors are going to teach us anything today, it might be I don't know. Umm... Them introducing themselves to us and more nonsense." He placed his hands on her shoulder shaking her back and forth playfully while speaking and laughed right after that. He leaned forward and kissed her on the nose before facing the food. "If you're interested then you can tell me whenever you feel like" He took another cup of pumpkin juice and drank the whole of it.

"I don't know....maybe it sounds different than attending class" she eyes Collin, her eyes held the same devious glint conjuring within Collin's pupil. "If we do miss class..." she said party way through, Collin kissed her nose, which turn Makaylah into giggling more than speaking the rest. "...and get caught, I'm blaming it on stress." she rolled her eyes laughing at her weird suggestion. "I mean they are killing us with these subject anyways, what's the trouble missing class?"

Collin glanced to his side and smirked at Makaylah "Sooo... We're skipping today?" He lean forward and kissed her nose and finished his drink as he placed it back to the table. "What do you want to do today?" Collin was trying to find something for them to do but he couldn't figure out anything, beside he didn't really know everything that she liked so he was going to let her choose. "Anything but killing the Professors" He eyed the Professors who were surprised seeing him sitting on the Ravenclaw table in the morning. "Although if you want to try to do that then I wont be on your way ma'am" Again the young boy laughed feeling as happy as it could be being around his beloved Makaylah Makwa.

"How about we go into the club area and see who's around?" she stood up at to stretch. Clearly the professors were around now the morning breakfast was starting, so their plans had to be spoken with earshot of each other. "I'm game for crashing the club area, not killing a professor" she wrap her arm around Collin and pull him up to his feet. She peck his cheek, letting out a giggle she poke his nose right after. "Besides you don't look much like a killer with them eyes, no sir you don't" she shook her head suppressing more of her laugh around her house mates and professor.

Collin smiled as she looked at Makaylah, she was beautiful both inside and outside. He had never felt so lucky before. "Anything for you love" He kissed her back as he stood up, walking away from the table as he wrapped his arms on Makaylah's waist pulling her closer to him. "Hmm we can ask other people to do it for us" He said with a joking manner as they continued to walk passing other students. Some were jealous of him, well of course he had the prettiest girlfriend in the school. "Where are you going on Summer vacation?" He asked wondering where she was going, he didn't feel like going home and if he was lucky then someone might ask him to spend the holiday with them.

Makaylah cover her face, she hid the blush from Collin's words. he sounds like those old dudes from Shakespeare. You know the one who were hopeless romance and would fight anything for love. And to think she pause looking at him, she thought love didn't exist. With her parents divorce, her sister a single mom, she had no faults in questions the thoughts love and it's existence. "Perhaps we can"" she pull him out of the great hall, his handsome aura belong to her and her alone."I'm not doing anything, why you want to come visit? That be so greeeat!" she peck his nose, he was just sooooooooooo adorable !

"Well if your brothers and your mom don't mind me coming over then...." Collin paused and grinned as he lean forward to her resting his forehead against her and peck back her nose "Sure" He grinned pulling her as he continued running. Remembering that Makalylah could be tired from running, he stopped and threw her to his shoulder as he ran to the open air, feeling the rain falling on them. It was cold but Collin couldn't care. He placed her to the ground and picked her up a little and twirled as he laughed, planting a kiss on her lips before putting her to the ground.

Makaylah felt the bolt of excitement run through her veins. "No they wouldn't mind at all ! My mom adores company of any kind and you'll like Hawaii" she said this as he peck her small pudgy nose. The small brunette nudge him away, "Eeewl stop being in love Collins!" she tease him, before he ran away from him and she was force to after Collin. Chasing him right out the doors of the school entrance and into mystic pouring rain, where Makaylah was lifted and twirled around by Collin. She let out a booming shrill, all the butterfly in her tummy flutter inside ten times more. Makaylah had to stop him from twirling, she pounce and made him tumble on the muddy ground ! "You crazy b@strd!" she exclaim, laughing right after calling him such a word !

The rain was getting harder and Collin knew that if they were caught, they would be in trouble. But Collin was having so much fun. He grabbed Makaylah's arm and pulled her down so that he wont be muddy alone. "Now we're even" He smirked as he got up, giving an arm to her to help her get up. "We'd better hide in the common room before we get ourselves in trouble" He smiled looking at the beautiful girl in front of him, leading her to the common room. She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, Collin could never imagine if he continued disliking the girl. "Back to our previous topic about me going to Hawaii, do you think your family will be okay with our relationship? I mean, my dad is..." He paused, he wanted to call him an @sshole but he didn't want to ruin his father's reputation. "Isn't very nice, and well my sisters... Are too. I mean what happen if your family finds out about this?" He said being paranoid.

Makaylah fell right at her boyfriend side, she laughed more. Her clothes and shoes became muddy, but the rain beating down on them washed it away. She was assisted up by Collin and poke her tongue at him. Then he suggested they go up to the common room before they got caught. "My mom won't mind" she shook his wet hair and chuckle. My dad is not around, so who gives a poop what he says" she shrug, her eyes dance as she spoke. She lean into her boyfriend and closed her palm around his cheek, "Everything will be find Collin, you just gotta have faith. Nothing's ever right but what the hell is in this world?" she kissed his desirable lips deeply than most time. Her stomach flip again, it was hard to resist his cunning lips​

Collin wasn't sure if he should smile or not while listening to Makaylah. After all, not having a mother or father around wasn't a great thing and he wasn't sure what was going on in her family. "You're mad, Makaylah" He laughed as he kissed her back and quickly pulled away. "You're mad" Again he laughed and took his wand out and summoned two towels. He wrapped a towel around Makaylah and one on him. "Let's see how it goes then" He smiled and lean toward her, poking her nose with a finger of his before putting his wand back to his pocket. "Makaylah... My dad wants me to move to Durmstrang, I don't know why" He shrugged hoping that this wont ever come true. He wanted to be with Makaylah, she was the only one that he could love and he could never forgive his father if he ended up there.

Makaylah accepted the towel and cuddle into the warmness. She wrapped it around her arms and it drape right down her back, felt wonderful to feel. "Your right I am mad, mad about you" she said seriously, Collin poking her nose made it sound cheesy. She laughed with him, their laughter fill the common room walls, disturbing a few sleeping portraits. "Well if you go than I'll try to go with you?" now she really did sounded mad. "poop but why? Why the hell will he want to sent you there, it's nothing but darkness there" she shuttered thinking sadly of Seth. Poor Seth, he hated that school, thankfully though her brother manage with the Holland boys there. Everything work out, because of them.

"Again, I don't know if I'm moving or not, it all depends" Collin said as he dried himself and walk toward the fireplace, lighting it up with his wand. "My sister is there and she likes it" He shrugged not knowing the real answer after all he wasn't closed to Chyou. She never spend her time with her family, she was always away and she rarely talk. "I'll... Try my best to stay" He forced himself to smile as he said calmly. He had never liked his father so there shouldn't be a lot of things that he could do, after all he was a dictator and Collin had to deal with it. He was actually worried if his family found out that he was seeing a girl, he wasn't sure if his father would be alright with this or not and he had no idea what his father would do if he disagree.

Makaylah park herself right on the nearest couch. She held the towel close to her chest, the soft towel comfort her. The warmness pushed away the annoyance growing rapidly by the second. "Yeah and my brother Seth went there too, he didn't like it very much" countless time Seth would complain how horrible that school was and how much it effected his cool exterior. He graduated and never went back to visit, his experience kept him away. "Well whatever happens, I'll keep in touch" she wouldn't be able to leave Hogwarts. It had been her dreams for years to come here. Plus, it's much like an island like Hawaii, why leave something that felt like home? She sighed resisting the urges to cry, Makaylah bottle up the sad feeling and kept to her herself. No point being sad, he would still see her somehow.​

Of course the brother of Makaylah's wont like Durmstrang, after spending most of Collin's time with Makaylah, he knew that her family was nothing like Collin's. But again, he could be wrong, Makaylah could always made it up, but why would she? "If your brother is similar to you then he shouldn't like Hogwarts" He chuckled as he messed with her hair. "Seems like you have awesome siblings! I can't wait to meet them" He said smiling as he placed his arms on her shoulder. "Don't worry, everything's going to be okay" Collin pulled her closer to him as he hugged her, caressing her hair. "I love you" He whispered and kissed her head, hugging her tighter.

"What do you mean? My brothers never been to Hogwarts" she smile timid. "I'm actually the only who went too Hogwarts, and is why I can't leave" she snuggled into him, his hand passed over her hair. That immediate comfort made her smile widen. "Really you promise?" she asked in return. She stared into his jet black eyes, another source of comfort washed over her as she beam at him. "I love you too" she sighed in content, she wanted to be there forever. Here forever, conquering time so she could love him eternally. If magic was in her favor, she would make that happen so nothing change in their life ever.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back