A difficultish letter

Amy Stone

Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Amy walked happily down from North Tower out into the open air, a new found spring in her step. She knew that this letter would be a difficult one to write, and was glad Andy said that she would come with her. It would be nice to have someone just there.
She sat herself down on the grass and got out some of her writing stuff she had brought up to North Tower with her. She was planning to write to her dad there when the letter itself arrived.
She sat and thought carefully about what she might write, she had so many questions, and waited for Andy to catch up.

Andromeda threw herself down on the grass beside Amy and saw that Amy was all prepared to get writing.
"You are a regular girl scout aren't you, all prepared!" she smiled at her, "So beside hi Dad! how do you think you should start it... something exciting like... oh my god I was thrilled to get your letter? or... more ... I was shocked yet also delighted when I finally recieved your letter and read it?"
Andy looked at her and scratched her head a little, flinging her hair back that was after growing so much in the last few weeks.
"It all depends really on what you want to say or what you want to express!"

Amy smiled at Andy as she sat herself down next to her. She listened as Andy ran through all the possibilites of ways to start her letter and really didn't have a clue. She looked down at the letter again and sighed. Should she start with words of sympathy, of excitement. She didn't know. She put her quill to the parchment but then lowered it again. "I don't have a clue you know" she said, sighing again.

"Well how do you usually start your letter to him? with Dear Dad, Dad or Hey Dad or what?" she asked her friend, "Try that to begin with it usually helps when at least a word or two is down there already!"

"Yeah your right" Amy said smiling at her friend. Hoping that if she began to write just a sentance or two, the rest would follow.
Hi dad!
I was so worried about you, not hearing from you for so long! I didn't really know how to start this letter to you, its a tuffy!
I'm not mad at you dad, not mad at all. I'm so sorry to hear about Sarah though and everything that happened.
But now Charlie's managed to speak to you! I'm so excited about everything!! Have you been speaking to him long? Can you tell me more about him? I would love to know more!

Amy was suprised that she had managed to write what she had just managed to do. She tilted the parchment to show Andy, "Do you think thats okay so far?" she asked her friend anxiously.

Andromeda read through it and nodded her head.
"It's all good so far. See you're on a roll now" she smiled, "ask him something like when you can meet up that at the moment Brightstone is open to students or if your going home for Christmas Amy will Charlie be spending it with you?"

"Yeah, thats a good point" Amy said, a broad smile on her face. She once again began to scribble down some more of her letter.
Hi dad!
I was so worried about you, not hearing from you for so long! I didn't really know how to start this letter to you, its a tuffy!
I'm not mad at you dad, not mad at all. I'm so sorry to hear about Sarah though and everything that happened.
But now Charlie's managed to speak to you! I'm so excited about everything!! Have you been speaking to him long? Can you tell me more about him? I would love to know more!
Whats happening for Christmas dad? I mean, if everythings busy with you I don't mind staying here, its great here, and I'll have some of my friends with me as well! Have you spoken much to Charlie about Christmas? You said he lives in Australia and everything, your right its close! Is Charlie, well, erm, is he like me? I mean, does he have magical blood?
I think I've asked you enough questions for now!! I'm so pleased about your news dad, I really really am!!!
I hope to speak to you soon!
Give my love to Callum and Dylan!!!!
Lots and lots of love
Amy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Amy took a deep breath and was suprised at how quickly she had managed to write everything. She knew she had completely bombarded her dad with questions and hoped he would get back to her quickly. She smiled, and showed Andy the letter.

"It's perfect Amy" Andromeda told her after she read it, "You've said everything that needed saying. Now go on and post it before you change your mind and want to rewrite it a gizzilion times. I'll wait here for you. I'm whacked from all the running about".

Andromeda just didn't have the heart to say she'd frighten the daylights out of all the owls.

"Are you sure you'll be okay waiting here?" Amy asked her friend, although she had already jumped up. "You can go back up to the common room or something and I'll meet you back there if you want?" she added, the letter she had just wrote and the letter she had just received held firmly in her hands.

"I'm going I'm going!" Amy exclaimed walking backwards. "Well I'll go up and post the letter, then I'll see if I can make you out down here and if I can't I'll go up to the common room!" she blabbered on and then ran all the way up to the castle.

Amy had sprinted down from the owlery, out onto the lawn, hoping Andy was still here so she wouldn't have to run back up to the common room. She was glad, therefore when she saw her stretched out on the grass. "HEY ANDY" she yelled out, still running towards her. "YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT I'VE JUST GOT!" she continued yelling as she ran.
She was slightly out of breath when she reached Andy and plonked herself down next to Andy. "Look at this!" she said, thrusting the letter in Andys direction.
Hello Amy
I'm not sure how to start this letter, but I'm Charlie, your half brother. I hope you've received the letter from you dad already or not, well you'll probably just think I'm strange!
Since I've heard about you, I've really wanted to talk to you, and well just start getting to know you! I think I should tell you some stuff about me first I guess, that way it might be easier!
Well I'm 16 (your dads already told me your 11 and just starting Hogwarts NZ!)
I also, like you, have "magical blood" as your dad likes to put it!! But I'm actually home schooled, my family weren't keen on me going to a normal school like you!
Erm, I have browny hair, and green eyes, and erm I'm quite tall I guess!!!
Erm, okay I've kind of run out of things to say so I think I'll just leave it there for now!
It would be great to hear from you, and start to get to know you and everything, but I'll understand if you need time to adjust to the idea or anything like that.
So yeah, hope to speak to you soon,
Charlie

((Tis in the owlery if you wanted to see anything else or whatever!!))

[[lol couldn't resist! he obviously gets his looks from his mom then - nothing like you! lol ]]

Andromeda sat up as Amy began shouting to her from across the lawn.
'That's quick!' she thought hoping she hadn't changed her mind about sending off the letter.
Amy sat herself back down again and seemed all excited as she passed Andromeda a letter. She read it and then reread it. She turned to look at Amy bewildered.
"Did you send the letter off to your dad?" she asked, "If you have fine but if you haven't reword it a little!" she gave the letter back to Amy, "this is great, he wants to get to know you as much as you do him!"

((Indeed, same dad - hence why we both have green eyes, but different mums, got it all covered :) ))

"Oh no I already sent it, I didn't think twice aftre I got this!" she said, realising that she really hadn't given it much thought. "I know it really is great! Its such a suprise! Gettting both letters on the same day!" she said, smiling broadly.

"You know you will have to ask him to meet up!" Andromeda smiled at her, "Come on he's Australia".
Andromeda placed her finger on the grass.
"And we are New Zealand!" she placed another finger on the grass centimetres away from the first one, "see how close that is?"
She then thought of something else, "get out your quill go on and parchment. write to him, what are you waiting for? go on!"

Amy chuckled, it seemed Andy was just as excited as she was!
"Okay okay!!!" she exclaimed getting her writing stuff out again. "What do you reckon I should say? Similar things to what he's said?" she asked Andy.

"No!" Andromeda laughed, "You tell him you have this wonderfully cute friend who is dying to meet him!"
Andromeda slapped her playfully on her knee before lying back down on the grass again.
"That is so cool Amy, finding out you have family you never knew you had!"

"You don't even know what he looks like yet!" Amy exclaimed, "You know, you really do make me laugh" she said a broad smile on her face. "Yeah it really is cool isn't it!" she responded, laying on the grass next to Andy.

"Hey!" Andromeda said turning her head to face Amy,"If he is your half brother then that makes him obviously half as cool as you are and that is still something! I would love to have known my sister".

Andromeda sat up again, "ok start now then that way you might actually get a chance to meet him before Christmas".
She then nudged Amy eagerly, "Oh, oh that means you get an extra present as well this year!"

Amy couldn't help but laugh at Andy's eagerness. She was so glad that she had confided in her.
"Hmm yeah" she said, thinking about it, "But dad hasn't even seen him yet, so maybe I should just wait for now" Amy said, more thinking to herself. But at Andys comment about an extra Christmas present a smile once again formed on her face, "Bargain!" she said, then started laughing, although she wasn't quite sure why.

"Could your Dad not come out to visit Charlie and then meet up with you at Brightstone or something?" Andromeda asked her, she didn't want the light to go out of Amy's eyes she had never seen her friend this excited before about anything and it made her happy to see her like this.

"Oh thats an idea and a half!" Amy said excitedly, "I think I'll ask my dad about that when he writes back to me!" she said happily, the thoughts whizzing through her head. She stared up at the clouds passing by in the sky, feeling really quite content.

"Well buster if you're not writing any letters do you want to go flying?" Andromeda smiled at her, since she had gotten the rosehip from Professor Rambolt she couldn't wait to fly but was so afraid that she was becoming dependant on it now. At some point she knew she would have to try and fly again without drinking the tea, perhaps after her first full moon.

"Oh yeah I could do with a flying session!" Amy said happily, jumping up and offering her hand to Andy in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back