Ryan Fisk

Odd Duck | Silver Snake Assitant |

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Ryan's sister was always talking about how important social events and friends were, but every time Ryan went, she always told him how he was doing it wrong. Ryan just did get it. He'd spent some time at the dance already observing everyone else, and there didn't seem to be very much to do wrong. Maybe the dancing part, but from what he'd seen, dancing involved a lot of different things and no one really seemed to be particularly in sync on that aspect unless they were a couple. And even then he'd seen some impressive incoordination.

Growing bored quickly of just people watching, Ryan had moved over to the snack tables, and eventually, under one of them. It was a little more covert to try and watch people from under here, and he half hoped if he stayed here all night he could watch the professors disenchant all the decorations, which had to be more interesting that watching people stand along the wall or flail to music all night. He was watching a pair of shoes move just below the edge of the tablecloth that was obscuring him, wondering if he'd kept a notepad in his pocket still for notes when he managed to knock his head. Ryan let out a hiss of pain, rubbing at the top of his skull but managing to retrieve his battered notebook from his back pocket triumphantly.

Poppy had grown to really enjoy Valentine's Day which was surprising since she really didn't care much for romance. But she loved delivering roses and brightening people's day, and it was only day of the year where it was encouraged to talk to stranger and give them flowers. But despite her fondness for the day she usually avoided the dance, where it felt like the focus was mostly on the romance which she found daunting. But this year she decided to go anyways. She knew Iris and Jenna were around her somewhere as well as a few of her other friends but she couldn't seem to find them anywhere. Poppy sighed and decided it was a good time for a snack. She inspected the layout and was about to pick up a piece of chocolate when she spotted movement under the table along with a pair of shoes. She frowned and looked around to see if anyone else saw before bending down her self to peak. She was no surprised to see that it was Ryan. "Doing some more experiments?" she asked, before grabbing another piece of chocolate from the table and handing it to Nicole's brother.

Ryan was about to go searching his pockets to see if he'd stashed a pencil as well when the tablecloth was lifted and Poppy's face appeared. "I'm observing," He said matter-of-factly, taking the chocolate from her and looking it over before eating it. "Someone will see you if you keep talking to me," He added, pausing for a moment before scooting over in case she wanted to come under the table as well. "I'm hoping if I stay here, I can see how they take the decorations down. Especially the petals."

Poppy unwrapped and ate the chocolate that was in her hand, all while crouching next to the table waiting for Ryan's explanation. She nodded thoughtfully when he said he was observing. "Why would I care if people saw me?" she asked, unsure what that had to do with anything. "Oh are you trying not to be noticed? Like some kind of wildlife....watcher?" she asked, not able to think of the word she actually wanted to use and before Ryan could even answer. "You know, where they stay hidden to get the truest sense of their behavior?" she added hoping he would know what she was talking about. Poppy grabbed a few more pieces of chocolate before joining Ryan under the table, tucking her legs in carefully. "Hmm." she mumbled thoughtfully. "Might be a while before that happens though."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back