A date, huh?

Dahlia Reynolds

OOC First Name
Camilla!
For such an occaision, Dahlia had picked to wear her nicest dress - which wasn't even too flashy or anything, just a pretty grey dress that looked, she felt, quite nice on her. It was a shame, then, as she looked in the mirror, that she looked so tired. Her hair...nothing could be done about that, but still, she brushed it and put on a bit of makeup, and she figured she looked okay. Sure, Deimos would probably see her and think "wait, this was a big mistake" and turn the other way, but still, she had to give it a chance.

Stumbling along in heels, Dahlia grimaced as she tripped over again - heels were not something she wore on a daily basis - as she approached the place where she was to meet Deimos. If there is someone up there, please, please, please let this go well, she silently prayed, as she clasped her hands together and waited.

((lame, I know.))

Deimos rounded the corner to the small muggle restaurant where he was to dine with Dahlia that night. He was excited and thankful that the moon had already passed the stage he feared and was now just a beautiful shining orb in the sky. Deimos was wearing a long sleeved white shirt, a couple of buttons undone, black straight-leg trousers, a large grey suit jacket and black shoes. He was, by far, probably the least dressy man to grace the streets outside the restaurant with the intention of going in. He could only hope that all went well, that Dahlia was not put off once she got to know him rather than the wolf.

He spotted Dahlia, all dressed up and ready. Deimos found a lump in his throat; she was, if possible, even more beautiful now than the first time they had met. He had plenty of muggle money with him- He had made a point to go to his muggle bank account- something he rarely did- and withdraw some of his savings. He smiled at Dahlia as soon as he had finished gawping and led her into the restaurant by one arm.

Deimos had made reservations and so a man greeted them before leading them to a table for two in a rather discreet corner, a place where they were hidden mostly from the rest of the couples present. Deimos had ordered this table especially: He was worried that he would show too much of his wolf side or that he would get embarrassed and cause the wand, hidden in his pocket, to shoot sparks at everyone. This was the first proper date he had had. He had only been on one date before and that one.. That one had ended rather disastrously. Deimos smiled at Dahlia, a menu before him but his eyes unable to stay off of her face. "You really do look amazing tonight." He said softly, before turning to the waiter and ordering the biggest hunk of meat they had and as rare as they would make it.

((Sorry for godmodding))

Dahlia's breath caught in her throat as she saw Deimos approaching. She'd thought he was attractive before - even though he was undergoing the changing process under the full moon - but now she got a good look at the man, and she had to stop herself from swooning. Even if he was dressed simply, almost casually, he still managed to look good. Dahlia felt ridiculously overdressed and rather plain in comparison. But she noticed the way he looked at her, and she assumed that was a good thing...at least, she hoped it was anyway. It seemed to be. If anything, it made her heart flutter in her chest rather like a butterfly.

She - almost shyly! - walked with Deimos in to the restaruant, a silly smile on her face. It had been a long time since Dahlia had felt so lighthearted, but tonight was a night to be happy, not to worry about the students or anything else, just to enjoy herself and enjoy this good company. "Thank you," she said, a faint blush tinging her cheeks. "You look quite wonderful yourself, you know," she added, her eyes full of appreciation and honesty. She looked up at the waiter and ordered a bowl of pasta - okay, it wasn't the best food for dates, but Dahlia didn't care much for convention. She hadn't been on many dates before, maybe gone down to Madam Puddifoot's with a boy in seventh year or something, but nothing memorable. She'd been too focused on her work. Besides, she'd always told Iris that she'd be there for her children, when she wasn't busy changing the world. So she hadn't really cared for relationships. Of course, now she was twenty seven, her mother told her she should ease up on the career and look for a man. It was ridiculous, but there was some truth. She didn't want to get to forty or something and have nothing outside of her work to be proud of.

"So, tell me about yourself, Deimos," Dahlia began, a charming but slightly nervous smile on her face. She wanted to learn more about Deimos - outside of the lycanthropy, that was. The man, not the werewolf.

"Well," Deimos said, his eyes roaming what part of the room he could see. He didn't know why he was bothering to check for listening ears because he wasn't going to just blurt out his condition. Dahlia already knew. "You already know the worst of me." He smiled awkwardly, nervous about this now. It was a date. Deimos was on a real date. With a real woman. And she knew his secret yet she stayed there. "I like watching Qui-.." He stopped himself from mentioning a wizarding sport in a muggle restaurant. "Live sports," he managed to say at the very last minute, "I live in a house with a batty old witch who acts like my mother- well, how a mother should. Not like my mother at all." Deimos didn't particularly want to talk about his mother right now. Not out in public. He was, as much as it guilted him to say it, ashamed of her.

"I enjoy days out at the beach, small amounts of alcohol and journeying through the mountains in search of-" he looked around before mouthing to Dahlia the word 'giants'. "I know it's not the usual thing to do with spare time and I know they're dangerous- I mean, I search for a lot of these creatures because I want to understand them further. I'd like to understand you further also." This last line was said in a much more flirtatious way but this was not something Deimos would usually come out with. He was not one for corny pick-up lines and he knew where this had come from- The wolf had stirred as the scent of raw meat neared the table. It was hungry and eager.

"Yes, so," Deimos said, clearing his throat as the food arrived. He ordered a bottle of wine but the wolf didn't want to wait for the waiter to leave before it could feast, it didn't want Deimos to do this in a civilized manner and speak to Dahlia as they ate. It wanted to devour the hunk of meat now. As the waiter turned his back and Deimos went to speak, he gave a funny, small whimper. The waiter looked down his nose at Deimos who quickly added "Sorry- Indigestion." The waiter seemed satisfied and soon left to fetch the wine. "I also like children - Cute little things, though I haven't the courage to have some of my own.. Well, I haven't the partner yet, either." He gave a nervous laugh before attempting to turn the conversation to Dahlia, frightened he would say the wrong thing. "And how about you? What sort of things do you like?"

Dahlia, almost shyly, reached out to touch his hand as he spoke about his life. Her profession was one in which she was required to care about people and be gentle, but here...here, she wasn't at work. And it wasn't her work manner that was in play. She found herself quite attracted to this man already, and so she acted on impulse and desire, not on training. It made her feel rather lighthearted and giddy, to be honest. It had been so long since she'd been able to do something for herself, to go out and enjoy life...to go on an actual date.

She couldn't help but giggle at his comment about understanding her further. She hadn't ever seen herself as anything special, if anything she was merely a confusing mix of the Dahlia she was when she was a little girl, and the Dahlia she'd become when she'd essentially taken on more of Iris's personality after Iris's death. She gave a small smile to Deimos, encouraging him to eat as grotesquely as necessary - after all, as a nurse, she'd seen a lot in her time, and she perfectly understood his condition, having met a few werewolves in her work at St. Mungo's in London.

"Well, let's see," Dahlia paused, in order to think. "I like children, too. I have to, for my job, after all," she joked, as she absently twirled her pasta in thought. "I like relaxing at home but I like to explore too, anything where I can just think and be calm. I love my job but it's extremely stressful," she explained. "I like to read when I get the chance. I live by myself in a small apartment. My parents are back in Manchester, mourning over ghosts of thirteen years ago," she said, not sure if she was willing to talk about Iris. In a way, Dahlia saw herself as half-Dahlia, half-Iris. The spoiled brat, stubborn leader, bold and brazen...she was still there, but so was the gentle, understanding, silent girl her sister had been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back