OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Rigid Larch Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Jacob was still munching on a piece of toast as he got up from the Gryffindor table to head out. He needed to head back to the common room to grab his bags and return a book to the library. He planned on doing some studying as well before his afternoon classes. Glancing around as he walked, Jacob looked around at the Hufflepuff table to see who was there. He wouldn't admit to himself that he might be looking for someone in particular. The teen took another bite of toast as his eyes scanned the mostly familiar faces. He had a lot of friends in Hufflepuff and one enemy.

Abian was not really in the mood for classes today. His fifth year was difficult for him, and Abian was getting tired of studying and revising for the OWLs at the end of the year. He normally tried to study during breakfast, but today he just hadn't felt like it. He was chewing on some toast when he noticed Jacob looking over at him. Or at least, at the Hufflepuff table. He tried to ignore the little flip his heart made in his chest. It wasn't weird that he was happy to see Jacob, right? Even if he had a girlfriend. He and Jacob were friends, it was fine. Unthinkingly, Abian started waving at the Gryffindor boy, hoping he'd come over.

Jacob was just about to turn away when he spotted Abian give him a wave. A smile crossed the teen's face before he turned and started to head in his friend's direction. Jacob took a seat across from Abian when he arrived. "Heeeey" he said easily. "That was a cool party the other day" he stated, complimenting Abian on the Brotherhood and Heta party from the other day.

Abian smiled brightly as Jacob approached, happy that his friend was joining him. He put his book back in his bag, glad for the excuse not to study for a little while. "Hey." He said happily. "Thanks! It was mostly the Heta girl's idea, but I was happy to go along with it." He said with a grin. "I enjoy doing stuff outside, but I guess we'll have to use the club room at some point too..." He shrugged, scratching his neck for a moment before going on. "Glad you had fun." He added a little sheepishly. "So... you excited for the upcoming match? I'll be cheering for you." He admitted.

Jacob continued to eat his toast as he listened. He didn't think Abian was giving himself enough credit, but he didn't say so out loud. "Yeah, it was cool" he grinned. "Thanks, Abian. We've been practicing a lot. I know I've been running the team maybe a little too hard but we're so close to the championship I can almost taste it" Jacob said, a note of wistfulness in his voice at his last words. He hadn't yet led the team to a championship during his years as captain. "You've become a really great player" he added encouragingly. "Arvel must be a good captain, not that you weren't good before but it's another level this year." He didn't ever acknowledge Analei as a captain.

Jacob seemed to be settling in to sit at the table for a bit, and Jacob was pleased. He grinned when the older boy said again that the party had been cool. He nodded when Jacob said they had been practicing a lot, and Abian smiled a little. "Almost wish I was in Gryffindor, I think it would be cool to be on your team." he said quietly, without thinking too much. He blushed at Jacob's compliment, ducking his head a little. He shrugged as Jacob complimented Arvel, blushing more deeply when he gave Abian another compliment as well. "Oh, uh, yeah. Thanks." He said, almost stammering. "Yeah Arvel is great. Needs some help in the uh, peptalk department, but he's a good player and captain." Abian said hurriedly. This attention from Jacob was giving him undeniable fluttery butterfly feelings, but they were accompanied by stabs of guilt as he thought of Emily. She also gave him butterfly feelings, for sure. Shouldn't that mean Jacob wouldn't anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back