OOC First Name
Soho
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 13 1/2 Inch Sturdy Walnut Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
OoC: Personal Development, This thread is not open.

Following: https://hogwarts.nz/threads/let-us-catch-up.103482/#post-1542781

After her talk with Liusaidh, Saira writes her letter to her parents in England and sends it through Henri, her owl.

Letter Contents:
For Cedric Lykims
Windsor, England
September 2053

Dear Mother & Father,

I hope this letter finds both of you in good health, I know you have a business deal to close with the Edamura's over in Japan, but I believe that is over in October. I have an urgent confession to make, it is of utmost importance and when you read this I'd prefer if both of you were together. It will come to be shocking news, and I'd wish for you to keep it from my brother for now. I hope you understand and do not get too overwhelmed.

I am a witch. Though unlike you may think, we are not evil beings or unnatural creatures. Where I am at right now, magic is more than second nature, it is a lifestyle and a common skill. Witches and Wizards have existed for centuries, and I am one of them. They call me a muggleborn, an individual who comes from muggle decent that can use magic, and I am proud to be one. Using magic is just like exercising or painting, or even breathing, but it comes with a lot of practice and studying. Currently, I reside at a magical school, called Hogwarts in New Zealand. I received a letter the night of my eleventh birthday in the dormitories of the boarding school that I was meant to be going to. I followed the letters instructions, looked for the train that leads to the school, and I've been going to this magical school for more than two years now. I have even made a few friends and my studies have been going well as usual. I'm sure this letter will come to be a surprise, but I hope the news isn't so upsetting. I'm sorry for informing you of this new development so late.

The owl that brought you this letter will send back your response if you wish to send one. Give him a piece of meat and he will be on his way back to where I reside currently. If the owl comes back without a letter, I will assume that you wish to never see me again. If so, I will be coming back briefly for a few weeks or so for my belongings, December of 2054. I hope to receive a response from either of you soon.

Sincerely, your daughter,
Saira Lykims.

Last edited:
At the Berkshires-Lykims Manor, Cedric sat in his father’s office, smoking a cigar as he worked late at night. Currently, his parents were away, it was an emergency they said. They’d gone last night, saying that they have to fly to Japan early to discuss the manufacturing issues that arose recently with the Edamura’s. Cedric could work in his own office, there was actually no reason for him to be at his father’s. It was basically the same set up and all the files he needed were in both computers, but still he sat in his father’s chair. The reason? Power, the feeling of taking over his father’s shoes. Later on, the business empire would be all his for the taking, the only thing that stood in his way, was his sister.

Saira was way younger than him, but contrary to what most of society and probably what she believed, Saira was his parent’s favourite. Cedric knew this very well, while his parents would parade around Cedric to the rest of the business circle, Saira’s been the one they were planning to give the business to and he could simply not have that. He’d overheard his parent’s conversations with the shareholders, and they were planning to give the business to the pathetic excuse of a Lykims.

As Cedric looked over a file, he was disrupted by a tap on the window. He put the file down and looked out to see an owl with a letter in its beak. He thought for a while to ignore it, but decided to open it. The owl stood still, waiting for Cedric to take the letter. He looked at the back, the addressee read, “For Cedric Lykims”. It did not specify whether it was for him or for his father. Cedric opened the letter carefully, as not to rip the wax seal or the envelope.

Inside was parchment, a letter in his sister’s handwriting in cold, formal language. It was addressed to his parents but he did not care. It was from his sister dearest after all. He read through its contents, fully expecting something boring, like school updates of the sort, but it was much much more interesting than he’d thought. Cedric did not feel any type of pity, sorrow, or sympathy. Instead, he was celebrating, it was a moment of opportunity, to get rid of his sister once and for all.

Note: I will put a summary of this spoiler in another spoiler after this if you don’t want to read it in detail.

After reading Saira’s letter, several thoughts formed in his head. Saira was never one to joke around, especially with their parents. So either, she had gone off her rockers, or she was telling the truth. Cedric didn’t care about magic or whatever bull his sister wrote about in the letter. He only saw this as an opportunity to secure his title as the heir of the money, the business, the manor, everything.

He thought for a moment, and took out some stationary. He looked back at the owl and the letter that Saira sent. Another idea forming in his head, but he’d do that after writing the letter.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Lykims,
We regret to inform you that Ms. Saira Lykims has gone missing. Last month, on our monthly outings to the city, Miss Saira Lykims did not come back from the outing. We have searched for a month and the local police has not been able to find Miss Lykims yet. We will continue to search, but the police institution has informed us that if another year goes by, she will be either deemed as dead, or the case will be pre-maturely closed due to the uprising in other criminal cases in New Zealand. We are deeply sorry for our lack of care for your daughter and will be refunding the remaining of the tuition.

Deepest Apologies,
Mrs. Jocelyn Kaimer
New Zealand Religious Institution for Girls

A letter entailing Saira’s almost confirmed death. He’d have to pull some strings and bribe some people but that was the easy part. A few phone calls and everthing would be set quickly. After all, there was no person unmovable with money and blackmail. A common thing that every human had was greed and secrets. As he finished writing the letter, Cedric put it in a clean envelope and closed it. He addressed it to his father but left it on the desk for him to read when his parents came back from Japan.

As for Saira, Cedric turned to the owl and grabbed it with his bare hands, holding the bird tightly. Caught off guard, the owl thrashed in Cedric’s hold, unable to do much except for try to fight back. He pinned the owl to the desk and grabbed Saira’s letter. He lit the letter on fire with his cigar, quickly catching on fire. The bird continued to try and eacape from Cedric’s hold, fear in its innocent eyes. He put the burning letter close to the bird’s tail feathers and singed them. A loud screech came from the bird and with its talons scratched and bit Cedric in the hand. He let go of the bird with a cry “You, SON OF A BI-“ a string of curse words followed. The owl escaped through the window into the night, without a letter, freaked out and with a singed tail.

Nevertheless, Cedric had accomplished what he had to do. He only had a couple of phone calls to make, and soon, all would be his.

Cedric, after reading the letter, writes a letter as the principal of the boarding school that Saira was meant to go to. In the letter, he writes that Saira has gone missing and is almost confirmed to be dead. After he finishes the letter, Cedric leaves it on his father’s desk for him to read when he comes back from his business trip. Cedric grabs the owl and burns his tail feathers by setting fire Saira’s letter. Putting signs of abuse on the owl and getting rid of Saira’s letter. The owl escapes and heads back to hogwarts as Cedric continues to make the necessary actions for his plan.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back