OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Rigid Willow Wand with Acromantula Web Core
The Slytherin brushed down her costume and took a step to get a good look at herself in the mirror. Alana loved her costume and couldn't wait to get to the party to show it off. She wasted no time in being upstairs, her white tennis shoes much easier to manage than the heels that most of the girls were wearing. Thankfully, heels just didn't make sense for this costume. Wondering how long it'd be before she'd lose one or both of her pom poms, the teenager entered the Great Hall and smiled as she took in the decorations.

Moving towards the snack table, Alana tucked her pom poms under her arm so she could grab a lollipop. It was cherry flavored, she realized as she put it in her mouth and began to walk around. She spotted Isaiah on the opposite side of the room and reminded herself to go claim that dance with him later on in the evening. She wanted to get a better look at him in his costume as well. For now though, she was content to walk around, swaying slightly to the music playing as she did.

For reference: Her costume, but in Slytherin colors and she has pom poms.

The very thought of Havoc Zhefarovich attending one of these little get togethers was a little unorthodox. Deciding to hide himself, much like the charming mask that he wears normally, he placed a simple one over his face, dressed in black robes. He saw his target with his purple eyes, which he had not learned to charm yet. He found none other than Alana Finch, someone he had been wanting to see for some time, since she left a rather rude note on the door. He still had it within his hand. He decided to approach her while she was swaying to the music. Even he had to appreciate the beauty that she was becoming. It was almost a shame that she had to go to Chaos in the end. But she was hard to manipulate, so he dismissed that idea completely. Havoc decided now was the time. He tossed the paper wad up before he caught it, while standing directly behind her, and tossed the wad straight for her blonde locks. It couldn't hurt her. It was just a wad of paper. He smirked, knowing that she would know him just by looking. His appearance alone was uncanny to her future husband. The only difference was that he knew how to fake a very charming smile. He didn't bother with it today.

Alana felt the hit to her head and turned slowly, taking the lollipop out of her mouth as she looked down to discover a wad of paper on the floor beside her. She looked around, her eyes narrowing at once as she instantly realized who had thrown it and what it probably was. The Slytherin had managed to avoid Havoc. Even in the few classes that they shared, Alana was in and out, not really stopping to make small talk with the guy. She didn't like him much. So, she was surprised to see that he'd sought her out to do that. Settling her hands on her hips, making her look like she was about to begin a cheer, though the expression on her face made it clear that she was not, Alana spoke. "How childish. I'm trying to have fun here. Do you mind?" She kicked the wadded up paper back in his direction.

Havoc's smirk continued as she reacted, but her words did not seem to faze him at all. He knew that it was not every mature at all, throwing the note she placed on his door upon her head. He approached her before he said, in a surprisingly soothing voice, "Relax, you can continue to have fun. I'm not exactly going to spoil your party." Havoc would want to do no such thing. The smirk eventually turned into a smile, which looked natural on his face. His eyes focused on her hips, before he realized that she was something foreign. "What are you supposed to be?" This was the first time he had seen someone dressed up. When he celebrated Halloween, it was normally just a mask like he was wearing, and a birthday. Hogwarts was entirely different. It wasn't something he liked at all. About as much as Alana liked him. Completely absent.

Havoc had a foot on her, but Alana stood her ground as the teen moved closer. She was nervous because he always made her feel that way, but she wasn't going to let him see it if she could help it. As he told her to relax, she did anything but, her chin jutting up to better look into Havoc's face. "Good" she stated, her voice even as she tried to figure out why he was still hanging around. His question totally threw her off guard for a second. "I'm a cheerleader. They...make up silly songs for teams in muggle sports in the hopes that it'll help them win" she explained, slowly at first thinking he was just playing dumb. "You really didn't know or...?" she trailed off. Alana reached and returned her lollipop to her mouth.

Havoc looked over her and her body language. Normally, he could tell if someone was nervous or not, but Alana was holding her own well in front of him. If anything, he wanted her to see him as someone that she should not feel afraid of. Havoc would never hurt his future sister. Now, if she would only just commit to his brother, and get that Hufflepuff out of the way. Alana explained to him what a cheerleader was, and then figured that he might not really know what that was. He shook his head, "Strict pure-blood heritage. Muggle anything is a foreign concept. If cheerleaders dress like that, how are they not cold? And how does it not distract the players?" Havoc paused his questioning before he chuckled softly. "You don't have to answer my questions. They are rather silly, the whole concept." Now, it seemed like Havoc was a completely different person than what she was exposed to not too long ago.

That Havoc had been genuinely asking her a question and listening to her answer was a marvel to the Slytherin girl. She shouldn't have been too surprised about his lack of knowledge of cheerleaders. Havoc's family didn't care to learn much about purebloods whereas her parents sometimes through in information that made her believe they'd had their fair share of time in front of muggles. It wasn't like Alana was an expert though, and she found herself shrugging at his questions. "Even if I wanted to answer them, I don't know" she stated, shifting the sucker so that it was in her cheek. "I'd assume it would be distracting to watch girls doing cartwheels and splits. " She knew that much, having seen a muggle magazine with a photo of a group of them. The girls in the photo looked extremely cheery and obnoxious. She almost wished she could get a bunch of them in front of Havoc and Chaos. It would be amusing to watch. "Of course it's silly. That's kind of like the whole point of Halloween, Havoc" she added with an eye roll.

It appeared that she did not know the answers, which Havoc was actually more relieved about than her knowing them. Knowing too much about muggles were dangerous, and that was how it had always been. Havoc' family despised muggles. That was how it had always been, at least, from his perspective. Havoc gave a curt not when she assumed that it would be distracting to watch girls do all sorts of gymnastics. He didn't know much about those either, but splits certainly sounded painful. "We've never celebrated holidays where I came from. On this day, the Zhefarovich family host a get together to celebrate the Patriarch's birthday." He looked toward the staff area, and did not find Professor Styx. "Except it might be different this year due to the new one." He turned his purple eyes back to Alana. His smile had sense faded by now. Havoc folded his arms across his chest, and took his time to look around the other costumes, looking at how foreign they are. "It seems that we may have a lot to learn from you yet."

“I don’t celebrate Halloween at home either” she revealed. Alana wasn’t exactly sure why Havoc was being nice to her this evening, perhaps he was trying to make things up to her for what he’d done during her stay in his home. She really didn’t know at all. It made her feel on edge as if the other shoe was set to drop at any moment. The teenager looked up at him, her red eyes staring at him curiously as he declared that there was a lot to learn from her. “Maybe so, and as you can see, you catch me in a much better mood when you’re not forcing me to do things or locking me away” she stated pointedly before glancing back at the crowd that was around them. She didn’t recognize all of the costumes, but she was sure now that she recognized more than Havoc did.

The Finch family did not celebrate Halloween at home. Havoc gave a curt nod showing that he understood. Would they celebrate that one holiday in December then? "Do your family celebrate that one holiday, Christmas?" He was merely curious, since he didn't celebrate it. His entire family did not believe in the holiday, such as decorating a fake tree and giving gifts. Gift giving was a norm all times of the year and not just one. Although the New Year, that was something else. Although her next statement made him chuckle, and look down as he did it. Havoc turned his purple eyes upward and he shrugged, "It got you to hate my brother a little less. Perhaps a little on the extreme on my side." Havoc said that as if it was no big deal, but it might have been to her and Chaos. "By the way, would you like some punch or something? I can get something for you."

"We exchange gifts" she said slowly, her red eyes looking at the teenager incredulously. "You guys don't? How dreadful" she stated, a slight frown on her face. No wonder the Zhefaroviches were always so angry. They didn't celebrate anything. She spotted Isaiah again and a smile drifted across her face even as she listened to Havoc try to explain why he'd locked her in that closet. At least, he'd gotten her dig at him. "A little?" As he offered her a drink, Alana turned to him and just stared for a second, wondering again why he was being nice. Was this his way of apologizing? She shook her head slowly. "No. If you want to go get some punch for yourself, it's fine." She kind of hoped he went. Alana was pretty sure that he was here to watch her, and at least he was being nice, but she'd be more at ease with him off doing whatever else.

Havoc shook his head, "No, we don't celebrate the whole tree, big fat muggle in a red suit type of stuff. If we want to gift someone, we do it any day of the year." Havoc figured that was the case since his family was a little too against the muggle ideals. They were dangerous. Always have been, always will be. He reached into his robes and pulled out a bottle of tan liquid. "I don't drink sugary products. I have tea." Havoc put it back within the robes, before he decided to voice why he was here to begin with. Or, maybe not. Havoc knew that Alana would come around. Maybe be in love with Chaos and be married before the deadline. That was a fool's wish, but it was possible. He reached up and took the mask off his eyes. "Enjoy your little event, Alana. I'll see you around." His smile soon vanished as he started to walk away. He had bigger fish to fry. Let Alana have some fun with the other boys. Havoc decided that none posed a threat.

Alana rolled her eyes as Havoc showed her a bottle of tan liquid. “Tea. Right” she mumbled. The Slytherin didn’t believe that was tea in there for a second. Her father had a small bar in the house, and Alana would put sickles on that bottle in his pocket containing something a little stronger than tea. Thankfully, she didn’t have to continue to wonder about Havoc’s presence. As he finished and walked off, she was convinced that he’d dropped in simply to check in on her. “Yea, I’m sure you will” she said, giving him a half-hearted wave. The words dug at her and she frowned at his back as he walked off. Whether it was for Chaos or someone else in the family that he’d appeared by her side, well that she didn’t know. She did know one thing. She was going to enjoy this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back