Patrick Vernier

former hufflepuff & prefect | french

OOC First Name
Kaye
Blood Status
Half Blood
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Swishy Vine Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
After the worry of exams for the semester over, Patrick was more than ready to celebrate. His father had always taken him to formal places and so he was quite excited to attend another celebration at the caste. The boy had dressed in his best suit and tie and was quite happy to be out of his over-sized robes and be able to do whatever he wanted. It felt freeing to not have to worry about school anymore, despite how eager he was to do well, and so a celebration was definitely what he needed. As he walked out of his common room and started to head to the Great Hall, he wondered where Wilfred had gone and if he had found anyone to take. A surprising amount of people had managed to find a date and Patrick wasn't particularly jealous, but was more amazed at how eleven-year-olds were even allowed to go out with the opposite gender. As he followed a pair of older students into the Great Hall, the boy hadn't felt so small in his life among all of the other students. Nonetheless, the boy kept his eye out for anyone he knew as he clumsily made his way through the crowd, pushing past a group of dancers as he did so.

Alexis just got some drinks from the table and was pushing herself against the crowds of dancers. She tried to make her way through them as she was looking for a table to sit in.She was enjoying herself,however, it would have been better if she had someone to talk to. She had bumped into Nixon but he was actually with Frankie. Much as she wanted to spend time with them,the Ravenclaw did not want to be that person.

She was halfway through the crowd when she bumped into someone she knew over the holiday before coming to Hogwarts. "Patrick,hi!!",she brightly greeted the Hufflepuff with a brief hug."It's great to see you here.Are you here with someone?",she asked as she looked behind him.

Gabriella felt a little nervous about attending the ball. She didn't want to look like a loser that didn't know anyone, but she also wasn't sure who to talk to. Wearing a pink dress, she walked around, admiring the decorations and looking for anyone she recognized. Eventually she spotted a boy from her house and year, though she hadn't ever really talked to him. She hesitated, wondering if she should approach him or not. After a moment, she decided to do so. She was fairly certain his name was Patrick, and maybe they could talk for a bit.

But before she could do more than take a some steps in his direction, another girl went up to him and hugged him. She wondered if she was his date, and felt immediately awkward. But now she was too close to them not to say something. With a nervous flick of her hair, she cleared her throat and waved. "Hello, are you enjoying the party?" She asked somewhat shyly. Even though she knew Patrick by name, she didn't know the girl. She recognized her from the flying lessons, but that was all.

Before Patrick could even decide what he would do next, he was quickly approached by Alexis whom he hadn't spoken to for a while, especially considering they were sorted into different houses. He was glad that she managed to find him first and smiled at her as she hugged him. "Hello Alexis." he said. "No, I'm just here by myself. What about you? Are you with anyone?" As Patrick waited for an answer another girl with a familiar face had approached them. He had seen her around in the common room and in classes and so he knew she was in their year. "Yes, It's quite a lovely party isn't it?" Patrick gave her a friendly smile. "I'm Patrick, What's your name if you don't mind me asking?"

Alexis smiled after Patrick returned her hug. They had never spoken much since the sorting due to their different houses and few classes shared. She was actually happy that she found Nixon at the ball.When she was asked whether she was here with someone or alone just like him, she replied with a shake of her head. "I'm here alone, just like you.So, what should we do?" She looked around, wondering what they were going to do when another Hufflepuff approached them. She looked like her Gryffindor friend, Frankie Tillington, but she was sure that they were not twins. "Hi there. Indeed, it was a great party.", she smiled at the girl, whom she vaguely remembered named Gabriella or Gabby. "I believe we haven't officially met except flying classes. I'm Alexis. Gabriella, right?", she asked politely after introducing herself.

Gabriella smoothed down the skirt of her pink dress as she smiled at Patrick. She had remembered his name, but he hadn't remembered hers. It wasn't that odd, they hadn't really talked and Gabriella was fairly quiet. She just smiled. "I'm Gabriella." She said with a nod at the girl who knew her name. It was surprising that she did, as Gabriella was sure the two had never talked. "It's nice to meet you two. You're not in Hufflepuff, are you?" She asked the girl directly. Now that she looked at her, she thought she could recall her from the flying lessons. The girl had been quite good, while Gabriella really hadn't been. She now wondered if she should have interrupted them. Maybe Patrick and Alexis were here on a date. She smiled awkwardly and glanced around, trying to think of something to say. "I wonder if it's like this every year. Hogwarts is quite extravagant when it comes to parties." She hadn't actually attended Halloween this year, as it seemed silly and childish and she wasn't used to celebrating it, but she had heard it had been quite an event too.

Patrick nodded as Alexis told him she was there alone too. It was weird that there were first years there who weren't alone. After all, they were much too young to date and Patrick wondered if their parents even knew about it. His friend however was sensible and Patrick appreciated that. The other girl introduced herself as Gabriella and Patrick was glad to be able to put a name to a face now. "It's nice to meet you too." Patrick said politely, putting his hand out for the girl to shake. He was taught nothing but good manners before coming to Hogwarts and felt that was the best way to make a friend. The girl seemed nice enough and he was glad to have met a new person. "Oui, they sure do put an effort into parties." he told her, agreeing with what she said. "Did you go to any other of the parties?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back