Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Fossil

OOC First Name
Emzies
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash

Heyy,

I was thinking that since, HNZ is world wide, and there are a lot of members on it, would it be of use to have a Celebration Sub Forum.
Where you could post Birthday Shout Outs or UnBirthday Shout Outs, Country Celebrations, i.e St Patrick's Day, 4th of July etc. It would also give people a chance to share and explain celebrations that other might not normally celebrate.
It might be a little pointless to have, but It would mean there was a specific place to put them. And may be beneficial.

Just a suggestion,

Emzies

Hey there Emzies,

My chief concern with your suggestion is there there are already four subforums of the Off Topic Board (five if you are in MESSI), and one of them is used quite minimally. I'm apprehensive to put such a forum on the index, as well, because of how much scrolling our index page requires already.

I think that the regular Off Topic Board is a fine a place as ever for such topics. Very few topics are actually made there for individual discussion, as most of the focus there is the "Spam"/"General Discussions" sort of topic. So, having country celebrations and birthdays posted there instead, gives the forum a slight boost in activity and causes topics to be created where normally very few are.
I would hope that people feel they can be as detailed as they wish in explaining the history behind certain regional celebrations (in your example, the fourth of July) no matter where they post the topic.

It is possible that I am alone in this opinion, however, but I do not think HNZ's off topic forum is diverse enough or active enough in new-types-of-topics-being-posted in order to justify a forum like this at present. :)

~Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back