A brush in hand

Sapphire Bookchild

OOC First Name
Ana V.
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Sapphire was in France gathering things for Ruby so she could go back to school. She really didn't think that Ruby was going to go back this semester because of the state of her mind but still just in case. She had been allowed to floo from the cottage to the places where Ruby's school list could be bought as well as spend a little time looking at what Wizards where like in France. Sapphire had never been anywhere out side of New Zealand before but armed with a map and her wand Sapphire was sure she could find her way around. That was if things didn't distract her. Sapphire had noticed that she had the mind of a sick flee sometimes and this was one of them.

Sapphire had come across a wonderful looking fountain and had to sketch it. She had her bag with her with was ever present even though she had gotten her voice back. Sapphire writing notebooks for when story lines came to mind, pens and pencils so she could refine sketches if she got the time and of course her small sketchbook. Sapphire took a seat on a bench and placed her sketchbook on her lap so she could draw. She could turn this into a painting, something based in oil, Sapphire looked at the time of day, watercolors would look nice too. School supplies for Ruby where driven out of her mind.

Alexander loved to not be in school. It was an honest and very real feeling, not being in school was awesome, he had freedom to do whatever he wanted to do when not in school. He could eat when he wanted, sleep when he wanted, and he had complete control of where he could go, it was a great time of year. France wasn't too bad, though he didn't know French, it was nice to hear the language every now and then. Though sometimes it was annoying when he was at school and people spoke to him in French, just because he went to a French school, did not mean he knew the native language, how talented did they think he was? Seriously, he knew two languages, and that was enough for him, besides, French seemed like such a difficult language to learn, he couldn't be bothered learning it.

Today was one of those days. The days when he had the urge to paint, for now he would settle with drawing. It was rare for him to actually feel like painting when out and about, usually the call of drawing came to him, but today he felt like painting, which was annoying, but he shrugged it off. His usually spot was, however, taken over by another body, a girl with brown hair and a sketch pad sat on the bench he usualy sat at and was drawing away, seemingly quite happy. He shrugged, drawing was out of the question now, when he wasn't drawing a person, he perferred to draw alone, but now he couldn't, so instead he sat next to the girl quietly and looked at her drawing on the fountain that sat in front of them both. "That's rather good." He critqued, nodded slightly.
OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the lameness, no inspiration. :erm:

Sapphire sensed someone was there and looked up. She smiled wide at the boy that told her that her drawing was nice. "Thank you, it will be nicer once it's turned into a painting. I am loving the ideas that are coming from being in France. She said hugging the sketchpad to herself and squeaked. Sapphire looked up and smiled happily. "Oh you probably thought that was weird. My name is Sapphire if you still want to know me." She said laughing softly. The boy was handsome she had to admit to herself. Sapphire had seen handsome men at school before one of them had hear heart for the rest of eternity.

Sapphire had to shook that thought from her head. He was in love with another girl and she had to make an effort to move on or she was going to end up alone and bitter. She had read such a senario in many books. "That fountain is beautify carved isn't it? Inspires some real ideas if you have the mind to see it." Sapphire said as she tucked a strand of her wild black hair behind her ear. The stars on her temple clearly visible now.

Alex nodded and smiled slightly, the girl beside him had a nice smile, which was good. He had met some girls that had horrible smiles and they should never smile, but they still did. So it was nice to meet someone that had a good smile, eve if she didn't use it much, it was better than sitting next to someone that smiled too much and wasn't good at it. "Yeah, France has that effect, it's nice here." He said, looking around, then turning his attention back to the girl, who did a rather peculier action, one that made him laugh slightly, what a strange girl. But she had a nice name and liked art, two things that played in her favour. "Alexander Handler, and don't worry, I still want to know you." He said laughing along with her, she was quite comical.

As the conversation moved on, Alex got slightly distracted in thought, a usual thing, he wasn't thinking about anything really important, just about his day and new year at Beauxbatons. He was getting pretty good grades, which was good, homework was really easy, something he was glad about, being a muggle born, at first, everything went over his head and he sometimes felt really, really dumb, but now that he was in his last year, things were far easier, it was nice to finally not feel stupid in class. He was pulled back to reality as the fountain was broguht up, he liked this fountain, it was the nicest fountain around. "It's really awesome, I love how it's got the engraving at the base and where it is set, it's just so well thought out." He explained, nodding slightly, he was no landscaper, but he could see that the fountain sat perfectly in the square.

Sapphire nodded. "True but I like what time had done to it. If you notice the moss gives it a pattern that is unique to it and there are slight discolorations that make that marble stand out more. Then again I tend to see the beauty in everything." She said giggling slightly. She was fully enjoying the fact that she could speak, laugh, giggle, and, to her complete surprise, sing. Maybe it came from years of walking around with headphones glued to her ears but she found that it was easy for her to carry a tune with her voice. "I have half a mind to ask you if I can take a sketch of you so I can use it as a base for a character in one of my comics buuuut I think we may need to get to know each other better first." Sapphire said laughing again. If Sapphire was flirting she wasn't doing it on purpose. She was utterly shy when it came to those kind of things and got a knot in her throat when she tried to talk to boys that she liked.

Not that she ever had the chance to really 'talk' to a handsome boy before having been resigned to sign language and paper because of the condition she used to have. "Unless you want to talk more about the fountain which in which case I will know that I am completely boring and should never talk to anyone ever again." She added jokingly. Even when she wrote Sapphire had had a bit of an joking attitude to her now that her voice was back she add a tone to her even if it was a melodic one. "I should be doing something right now but I don't remember what that could be if you can believe that." She said scratching at the back of her. She knew that she was here for something but the reason completely escaped her mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back