A broom is closest to wings

Zazuka Getathorn

OOC First Name
Ana V [main]
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Zazuka broke out her old used Firebolt that Professor Ana had gotten for her. It was one of the nicest gifts anyone had ever gotten her. She loved it really because it was the closet thing she could get to the sky while not being able to touch it. Her long sundress whipped around her as she zipped around the Quidditch pitch with no particuler perpose or direction. She just liked to be in the air. It was something that seemed to be sort of unique to her because most of the Ravenclaws that she had met liked to keep thier feet on the ground. Not that she had met any more than those she had passed in the common room. Zazuka was a bit of a relcuse. Not strange considering who her best friend was. Andy seemed to be a lot more sociable than she was. Then again Zazuka had always had a bit of an aquward streak to her. Not that Zazuka every really minded. Being alone with her thoughts however daingeruse that was starting to become, seemed to be the only way she was ever truly happy.

Andrew was practicing for the big game in the next week where they would be playing against Ravenclaw. He was however at the far end of the pitch, near the grounds servicing his broomstick, The Emerald Streak. It took just a few minutes before he mounted it and was soaring through the air.The feeling of the air billowing through his body, his hair and his lungs was great.

Gripping the broomstick tighter, he did a 360 degrees roll in the air and then he noticed Zazuka. Bending on his broom, he raced towards her as a smile crept on his face at the sight of his friend. "Hello Zazuka. Enjoying the sun and the breeze?"he asked her with a grin braking the broomstick.

Zazuka nodded as she slowed to a slow drag then put her hands in front of her on the handel. She hadn't seen Andrew since that day in front of Ravenclaw Tower. Then she hadn't been in the best of moods. Now she was perfictly happy so that her black eyes seemed to have even more stars in them. "I am. I'm also enjoying the clear sky. Though I do wish it would rain. It seems like ages since we've had a good storm." She said her voice a dreamy sigh.

She smiled wide at Andrew. "I heard you made Quidditch Captin." She said. The news was late but she wanted someing to talk about that wasn't the weather. She looked back up at the sky she was nearer to it but she wasn't any closer to it in her view. She thought of Brian and what he could be doing at the moment then let it go just as easyly as she had come to the conclution.

"I don't wish for a storm. Had been in the hospital for a week regrowing by ribs after they were crashed by a tree in the forest during the last storm" he said remembering the memory. It was painful thought and so he let it go. He turned his broom in Zuka's direction and flew slowly beside her.

"Yes" he said with a smile. "I am a co-captain with Isabella to help me" he told Zuka. The cool wind was blowing making him feel alive. "So, did taking Divination help?"he asked Zazuka curiously wanting to know the state of her seer ability. "By seeing your current state, I say yes" he said with a friendly grin.

Zazuka nodded. "A bit. Actually something the helped I didn't learn from Divination but from Herbology. Sage really helps clear out the inner eyes." She said her voice trailing off for a bit then she came back into herself. "Sorry that must have seemed rude. Happy to see all your ribbs came back intact. There is little more painful than a wrongly set bone." She said with a sigh. She knew from expirence what a wrongly set bone felt like.

Zazuka beamed just then. "You wont mind if I cheer for Ravenclaw in the next match will you. It is my House after all and I'm sure they are going to need all the sopport they can get if the Slytherin team has a capten as cleaver as you." She said laughing in her dreamy sort of way. She began to let her broom drift along with the breeze. Not for the first time did Zazuka wish that she could grow wings and fully expirence the wonders of the sky.

Andrew smiled goofily because he didn't know what the inner eyes meant. It was true that he had got highest marks in all subjects including Divination but that didn't mean he had anything to do with the subject. "That's okay" he said with a smile.

"Yes, you can cheer for Ravenclaw. We have our cheer girls and cheer planned well in advanced" he said with a grin. He was feeling proud that he had once written a cheer for Slytherin that they were going to use for the coming matches.

Andrew bent low on his broomstick, gripping the handle tighter and sped through the air taking a quick lap around the pitch. His robes flapped against his body and air billowed through his dark brown hair as he flew. Flying back to Zazuka he said with a smile "That felt good"

"What have you been up to lately?"
he asked Zuka. They didn't talk much these days and so they AB had to catch up on anything he had missed about her.

Zazuka smiled brightly when Andrew came back. "A need for speed I suppose?" She asked with a slight giggle in her voice. Zazuka was getting a bit girlyer ever since she started living with the Paramores. "I've been alright. I just a letter from the Ministry of Magic. I'm now recongnized as a Seer by the Department of Mysteries. In all the years that they had been looking into things like this I am the 215th real Seer that they had 'discovered'. Happy news I soppose but still it makes one wonder how many are too scared to go in and get tested or how may do go in but are considered fakes." She said her voice trailing off as her thoughts got away from her.

Zazuka came back in an instant though. She smiled at him summer sunshine then thought she should ask. "How is Caina by the way, you do seem to spend a lot of time with her?" She asked kindly. In class or where ever they where Zazuka could pick up certen vibes that had nothing to do with friendly feelings but she wondered if they where going out or if they had feelings for each other that the other didn't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back