Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Lesbian
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Ivy Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Amber had been looking for a quiet place to study for her exams, and the student lounge seemed a reasonable place. It was a little busy, but with the exams so close, surely everyone would be studying.

But as she arrived she knew that it wasn't the peaceful place she had been hoping for, maybe the library was a better bet. Then, before she could turn around to leave, she spotted a familiar face she hadn't seen in a while. It was Prudence, her Heta Omega big sister from last year and the president of the club too. Amber hesitated for a moment, she was in her final year, surely she was studying for her NEWTs? Should Amber bother her? Her instincts told her not to, but maybe this would be the last time she had the chance to talk to the older girl before she graduated. After a moment of hesitation she walked over to her table. "Hi Prudence." She said softly, smiling shyly. "Am I interrupting?"

Prudence was stuffed into a book about transfiguration. If she failed her newts she'd be disallowed to register as an animagus, and the blonde had no intentions of giving up her rights. She instead wanted desperately to excel and maybe be an educator of Transfigurations some day. It was easy for the girl to ignore everyone around her as she studied, until she was addressed suddenly. Prue turned her blue orbs upwards and smiled warmly at the young Heta Omega girl. "Amber, no come sit!" She offered, moving over on the couch she was sat on. Prudence closed her book, a bookmark already in place as it helped her to read. "How are you dear! Third years coming!" She spoke, knowing third year had been her most exciting year. Well, it almost had.

Amber looked at the book Prudence was reading, it looked incredibly complicated and advanced and she wondered if she would ever understand it when she was a seventh year herself. It was impossible to imagine.
Prudence looked up after Amber said her name and she smiled, which was a relief. Apparently she wasn't angry about the intrusion, in fact, she was friendly and nice as always.

She sat down as the older girl cleared space for her and smiled at her. "I'm alright, a bit busy with exams. I assume you are too." She said with a small laugh. "And yes, I can't believe how quickly everything's going! I have to pick electives soon... It's all a bit scary." She bit her lip and shrugged. "Do you have advice on that front?" She felt a bit bad immediately asking her for advice but she also really wanted to know.

Prudence watched a small nervous look appear on Amber's face. The older student gave a reassuring smile. "My advice? I'm flattered." Prudence made an obvious "thinking face" and leaned back. "My advice is to do what you think you'll love. You'll have a meeting telling you about careers, but if none of that appeals to you then take everything and find what brings out your smile. If it's challenging and you hate it, why do that to yourself. Love what you're doing forever. My dad used to say if you love what you do you'll never work a day in your life." Prudence looked at her friend and sighed gently, fondly remembering her fathers. "What do you want to do when you graduate Amber?" She inquired, maybe able to give her real advice.

Amber listened to Prudence's advice carefully, she was sure the older girl knew exactly what she was talking about. "What electives did you pick?" She asked her curiously, tilting her head to the side. She blushed a little when Prudence asked what she wanted to do after school and averted her eyes. "I don't know yet, I know that's bad. But I don't." She said quietly. "That's why picking the electives is so scary, what if I make a wrong choice?" She bit her lip. "Did you know when you were my age? What is it you want to do?" She asked curiously. "Isn't it scary to graduate?" She added softly.

Prudence smiled. "I only did Care of magical creatures. I tried to do charms another year and I did transfiguration." Prudence had a fairly empty plate when she was in school, but that was her choice. prudence nodded at her next question. "I did, but I had been deciding since I was young and knew I wanted to work with animals or the like - so when I decided to be a security troll trainer I thought it would be similar to animal training." Trying to be encouraging Prudence added on, "But it's okay if you've not decided. You could wait until you graduate for a decision to come to you. After all, good things come to those who wait." Prudence thoughtfully looked away. "I'm not scared. I'm ready for a new adventure. And you should be too. You're going to do great whatever you do, Amber. I believe in you!" She offered with a smile.

Amber listened to Prudence's advice carefully. She blinked in surprise when she told her what she wanted to do after school. "A security troll trainer? That's what you want to be?" She asked, disbelief clear in her voice. "Really?" Amber couldn't really think of any job she would want less than that. At least she could strike that off the list of possible careers.

It was a relief to hear that it was alright if she didn't know what she wanted yet. "I might want something with fashion, but I'm not sure..." She sighed, wishing this was easier.

The fact that Prudence wasn't scared didn't really surprise Amber, after all, she was a Gryffindor. But she did admire it, she herself would probably be very nervous about joining the world of grown ups. Prudence's encouragement made her blush. "Thank you, I feel a bit better now. I still have a lot of thinking to do about electives but I think it will be okay." She paused. "Heta Omega won't be the same without you, though."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back