A bit of reading.

Desmond shrugged, the smokey-white sections of his body catching sunlight as he thought about the remark. "Well, the others aren't as...sociable, as I am. Especially Biston, the Slytherin House Ghost."

Upon hearing Elizabeth's question, a wide grin spread across his face. "As a matter of fact, there is! His name's Augustyn Leavy...a bit stiff sometimes, but he's a lot more fun than Sheila and Biston."

"Where?" Estrella asked him, craning her neck. "I could see him if you pointed him out..."

"Well, he spends a lot of his time in the lake. He takes walks, talks to the mer-people, that kind of stuff. Why he does it, I don't know."

He paused, unlacing his hands and shielding his eyes from the glint of the setting sun. It made no difference, as he couldn't really feel uncomfortable, but the motion was instinctual. "He usually returns a little bit after sunset. Probably only does it because he can't see anything in there after dark."

Estrella looked at the lake, squinting her eyes. She thought that she saw a shimmery transparency for a split second. "Is that him?" she asked, pointing it out. But as soon as they turned and looked, it was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back