A bit of practice

Patricia Styx

OOC First Name
Pattycakes!
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Tail Hair of a Male Unicorn | Willow Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Gold Dust
Patricia woke up that morning, in a good mood. It had been a while since she felt this good. As she got out of her bed she felt the sunshine, warm on her skin. She smiled sweetly and looked out of the window. Far ahead she saw the towering hoops on the Quidditch Pitch. She got a sort of guilt in her gut. It had been so long since she had flown, and she missed it terrible. So getting dressed she grabbed a bag, with had a few sweets and drinks which she had bought herself, and made her way down to the Great Hall and grabbed a slice of toast and ate it on her way down to the Pitch.

As she got to the Pitch she got on of the brooms out of the cupboard and left her bag on the ground beside her jacket. Putting the broom on the ground and said, "Up." She had gotten used to doing it so much that it felt natural for her. Then she mounted the broom and kicked off.

Raising up through the air she felt the warm wind hit her face. When she was up far enough she decided to have a few laps of the Pitch, she loved how the wind felt on her face and as it made her hair flutter behind her. Even though she loved this, she would have liked some company, Maybe someone will join me. she thought to herself.

Studying for exams was becoming a bit tedious. Kat sat staring blankly at the books spread in front of her, but the words had started to run together some time ago. Sighing heavily she pushed herself away from the desk and stood to stretch. Kat thought about what she could do to clear her mind. A walk sounded like a good idea, but where could she go? Then her thoughts went to her Scarlet Streak sitting in a corner, becoming more of dust magnet everyday. I haven't flown in quite a while she thought and then made the decision to head down to the pitch. Nothing better than flying to clear her mind and totally lose herself. With that she headed up to her dorm, changed into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, tied her hair back in a loose braid, grabbed her broom and made her way down and out of the castle.

It was warm out today. A beautiful spring day with a nice breeze blowing. Kat strolled across the school grounds, not hurrying at all and just enjoying how wonderful it felt out. When she reached the pitch she saw that someone was already out there flying around, but she didn't recognize who it was. Kat mounted her broom and took off, wind whipping against her skin. She flew over to the girl, who looked to be a first year, and asked with a friendly smile, "You mind sharing the pitch!"

As Patricia did a few laps of the pitch she heard a voice behind her. Turning around she saw an older girl asking her to join. Smiling Patricia said, looking around the pitch, "I think it's big enough for the both of us." giving a small laugh. Moving a bit closer to her she put out her hand and said, "Hi. I'm Patricia Rogers. First year Hufflepuff." She said with a sweet smile.

Kat laughed at the girl's comment. She carefully stuck her hand out to shake the girls, not wanting a repeat of a few years ago. "Hullo Patricia! I'm Katalina Vanderhol, third year Gryffindor and a prefect! It's a pleasure to meet you!" Once she'd steadied herself again she asked, "So do you play quidditch? Or are you just out here for a leisurely fly around?" Kat loved quidditch and thought it was a shame that the teams didn't get to play more often than they did, but flying was definitely a most euphoric experience.

Patricia put on a worried look, "Better behave myself then." She said, trying hard not to laugh. Patricia nodded her head, to the girls second comment. "Well, even though we didn't get a Quidditch season this year, I'm the keeper on the house team. What about you?"

Kat chuckled and said, "Oh yes, best behavior around the big bad prefect." She still had a hard time being in any kind of authority as she'd never been much of a leader, but apparently the headmistress and Professor King thought otherwise. "It's just a title really, and I'm not really into busting people, though I have had to once." She thought back to the night of the forest...the night that had caused her to serve her first ever detention. "Yeah, quidditch hasn't exactly been an easy thing to put together, at least not in the three years that I've been here. I play chaser...well that is whenever we get around to an occasional game. I miss quidditch, I'm hoping that next year we will be able to get things hopping again." she said, knowing that she wasn't the only one that was hoping for that exact same thing.

Patricia smiled and said, "Yeah. I know the Hufflepuff Prefects are really nice." Curiousty getting the better of her she asked, "Who did you have to bust?" She said, with a cheeky grin.

"I suppose Quidditch has been the least of priorities this year." She said. "With the TwiWizard Tournement and everything." She added. "I would like to have a proper game sometime."

Kiera skipped down to the pitch with her Streak in hand. She was hoping to get a little flying time in. This year had been hectic and she had barely had anytime to fly. She was happy to find a familiar face on the pitch. She wondered who the other girl was... Kiera intended to find out. She hopped on her broom and raced into the sky. "Hiya Kat!" she said greeting her friend. To the other girl she said, "Hi! Im Kiera. I dont think we have met!" she said in her bright cheerful voice.

As Patricia waited for a reply from Katalina she saw another girl come up to them. She said hello to Kat and then introduced herself to Patricia. Smiling sweetly she turned around to the new girl and said, "Hello, it's nice to meet you Kiera. My name is Patricia. And no, I don't think we've met." She said as she stretched her hand out.

Patricia shook the girls hand. "Oh we were saying how much we miss Quidditch. Do you play?" She asked.

Patricia looked at Kiera, when she give a wicked grin. Smiling she said, "So do you play for you house team?" Then she realised, "I don't even know what house that is, sorry." She said with a small chuckle.

((I'm able to log on for short bits at a time, so I haven't forgotten about you :D ))

Kat was just about to reply to Patricia when one of her friends joined them. "Hiya Kiera!" She chuckled a little at Kiera's response about playing quidditch. "This girl here does some of the craziest moves whilst flying it would make your head spin. She does things that if I were to try it then I'd have a repeat of my first year." Kat thought back to the time she fell off her broom going to catch a tennis ball.

She then added, "I had to bust Aiden. Course I got myself in trouble with that one to because I was out in the forest after hours." Though that had made there amends about the whole thing, Kat was still a bit irritated about getting her first ever detention. Kat then turned to Kiera and said, "We're just flying around. I'm trying to clear my head from all these upcoming exams. I'll be glad for summer break."

((YAY :D ))

Patricia listening in amazement to Katalina describing how good Kiera is on a broom, "Wow!" She exclaimed. "Well I must see some of this amazing stunts." She said with a challenging look. "I can do a few myself from what Caysi showed us a practice, but I haven't done it in a while." She said timidly.

Then when Katalina said who it was she had to bust, Patricia was shocked, "Aiden?! Really? I knew he was somewhat of a," Patricia paused to think of a way to put it, "A....rule breaker, but I never thought he would get caught." She said, recalling how weeks has went by, and nothing had been brought up about the incident in the Dungeons, And it better stay that way. She thought to herself, not wanting to get in trouble fro something that happened some time ago and been forgotten about.

Kiera laughed as Katalina talked about her flying style. "Yes I do. Im in Gryffindor with Kat." she said with a smile as she answered Patrica's question. "I was a competitve gymnist. I can show you sometime. I taught Caysi a few things on the ground." she said grinning broadly. Caysi had learned fast. Kiera loved flipping and jumping. Some people considered her flying reckless but she just thought it was fun.

She listened as Kat described having to bust someone. Kiera sighed. "That must have been awful. Im glad I have never had to bust anyone." she said with sympathy.

"There is a lot of Gryffindor's in this school." Patricia said with a laugh to Kiera's answer. "Oh wow that's really cool. That would be great. Is it hard to pick up?" She asked curiously. "Oh your a prefect too? Is it easy to become one?" She asked. She never really thought about it, but she would like to become one, sometime.

Kiera laughed at Patricia's answer. She had never thought about it like that. "I guess your right now that I think about it." she said grinning. Kiera thought about the other girl's question. Gymnastic type stuff wasnt hard to her but it was when she first started. "It can be." Kiera admitted. "Some people are naturals but still it takes a good while to pick up." she said with a friendly smile. "I just became a prefect this year. You just have to keep your grades up and study." Kiera said with an encouraging smile.

"Yeah, well there is definately more Gryffindor's than there is Hufflepuff." She said, with a grimace. "Well did you find it hard. But I do love a challenge, and it would be nice to have a new hobby seeing as I've pretty much given up mine since I started here." She said giving a sigh.

"Oh well, sounds easy enough to become a prefect." She said with cheeky smile.

Alex couldn't be bothered staying in the tents like a loner when the weather was dry outside and plus, it wa so quiet. He sighed and grabbed his com book that was already worn from the countless readings he had given it and started walking round the grounds until he was bored. He felt the slight breeze and decided to go jogging when he spotted people flying at the Pitch who looked older than first years for once. Alex smiled and waved ta them before summoning a broom and flying uo to them.
'Hi, mind if I join the company?'he asked smiling widely, glad to speak to some existance finally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back