A bit of interesting news.....

Tristan nodded. He wasn't sure if he would have told her about Christian even if he had known about him beforehand, but the fact that he hadn't comforted Julie, and that was good enough for Tristan. He held his wife's hand, saying, "No- I did not. That's why I've been acting so oddly lately. I honestly don't know what I'm supposed to do." His mouth was twisted into a frown. He didn't even know how he was supposed to get near Christian, but he couldn't help feeling some responsibility for the kid.

Julie relaxed a bit more. She was satisfied with his reaction that he had no idea that the child was his -- or that he existed for that matter. Giving Tristan's hand a squeeze, she looked up at him. "I wish you would have told me sooner. We can figure this out somehow. Are you positive that he is yours? Is there any way to find out for certain?"

Tristan nodded his head weakly. "I could just tell," he said somberly. "But during our honeymoon I had Brunhilde go to the Herrogard for me. There's a family tree there that updates itself. The kid is mine." He shifted, crossing one leg over the other, and continued, "His name is Christian. He was born last June."

Julie sighed. "Christian Drage? Well, at least there is a way to figure things out." Suddenly, a thought hit her, one that made her blood run a bit cold. "That also means that your father knows about us, doesn't he? Does this tree update whether someone is magical?" Tristan had told Julie all about Valcan Drage, and how he would react to having a 'muggle' in the family, and she was a bit scared for all of them at the idea.

Tristan's expression was grave. "I don't know what his last name is," he muttered to himself. He could only nod at Julie's question. "I'm afraid so. He'll know I've married a muggle." He also wouldn't be pleased to have another half blood grandchild, Tristan thought to himself. He was rather unsure of what his father was capable of, but he hoped avidly that Julie nor anyone else in his immediate family would ever run into him. Valcan was unpredictable, and he didn't want Julie, their unborn child or Erik or Eliza getting hurt.

Julie nodded, realizing they all were in a bit of a situation now. Valcan would know about her and Eliza, and soon about their child. He would have known already about Christian, and would increase his feelings of Tristan being a failure in his eyes even more. "Okay. We can figure this out. We can." She moved herself into her husband's lap, putting her arms around his neck. She placed her hand on his cheek, and stroked it, taking a deep breath before asking the next question that she needed to know. "I need to ask you something that is really hard for me to ask, but I need to know the answer. Do you still want to be with me? Knowing everything that you do?"

Julie did not want to hear the answer if it was not going to be in her favor, but she still needed to know where she stood. He had a child with another woman, a very tall, willowy blonde for that fact. A woman who had given him a son. She was pregnant herself, but was her child worth as much in the magical world as the witch's was? She figured that the answer was no, and that hurt. Now she waited to find out where her husband stood, her fate literally in his hands at this point.

Tristan nodded as Julie slipped into his lap. He hopped avidly that what she assured him of was true. The large man knew that Thorine would not cooperate. She was the kind of person who took all or nothing. He knew that Julie would not be included in that scenario- and that Thorine would most likely try to harm his wife if she got the opportunity.

Embracing Julie tightly, he said, "I can't imagine why I would ever not want to be with you." He hoped that his voice was reassuring. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. And I mean it." He wasn't lying either- when he was around his wife, he didn't feel that he was a screw up. For once, he was doing things right, and he would be able to conquer anything flung at him.

Julie's heart skipped a beat as her husband embraced her tightly and reassured her that she was the woman for him. She tipped her face up to his, and raised her hand to his cheek. Pulling his face to hers, she quickly crushed her lips to his. She didn't care what the blonde witch had with him in the past, he was hers now and nothing was going to separate them, not even the child Tristan had with her.

Releasing the kiss, Julie remained with her forehead on Tristan's. "I love you. We will make it through whatever she has to throw at us. I don't care if she is a witch, I will not go down without a fight." She pressed her lips to Tristan's again.

A genuine smile played across Tristan's lips as Julie reacted to what he had said, and quite positively. Despite the rather unsettling start to the morning, it seemed that things were going to be alright after all. He was more than willing to return Julie's kiss, a sly grin marking his features as he pulled back.

"You know- I'm glad that I'm going to be here for this kid," he said quietly, almost as if to reassure himself of this. Chuckling, he added, "Glad to know that I picked a fighter."

Julie groaned a touch as Tristan pulled away from her. She was rewarded with the reaction she had wanted from him to begin with. He was happy about the baby. For the first time that morning she totally relaxed. "You should realize by now that I won't give up on what I want. And what I want is you, Tristan Wolfgang Drage. I always will." With that, she leaned in to kiss her husband again, passionately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back