Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Hetero
Wand
8 inch sturdy Ivy wand with Fairy wing core
Mallory had wandered up to the Professors lounge, looking for a bit of a change of scenery. She enjoyed her office, but sometimes it was nice to spend time somewhere else. She was making a cup of tea by hand, singing an old lullaby in Russian and swaying softly as she did, her pastel blue robes swishing around her legs as she swayed. She stirred honey into her tea slowly, her melodic voice filling the lounge with her native tongue. She was dancing a bit, just lost in the moment.

Killian Borisyuk thought that it was a good time to leave his office because it was around time that some classes were, between meals, so he could grab some coffee or something since he didn't have his vodka with him. He ducked into the Professor's common room and stopped short when he saw another colleague, singing in his native tongue but swaying/dancing/whatever it was called while she did it. He knew that some were a little out there, though the other History of Magic professor seemed sane anyway, but this one... "Nice lullaby," Killian muttered, his Russian accent still heavy. "But you should probably sing when you won't be caught, otherwise, people might think you aren't all there in the head."

Mallory nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard the voice. She spun around, a hand flying up to lay gently at the base of her throat. "Goodness, you scared me," She breathed, looking up at the man. "You're the new History of Magic Professor, yes?" She questioned. "I'm sorry, we haven't properly met. I'm Mallory Corrins," She introduced herself. Hopefully this man wasn't from a part of Russia that would be familiar with her father- she'd been disowned as the Korrinov heiress years ago, but honestly, so had both of her siblings. She could only imagine what it had done to her fathers reputation to lose all of his viable heirs in such quick succession.

Killian was used to scaring people, one way or another so he did not react when she flinched at the sound of his voice. When she stated the obvious, then asked if he was the new History of Magic professor. Killian nodded, "Yeah, I am. Upper years." Killian felt the need to add since he was not sure if his coworker would know this one or not. He knew that he didn't. He probably should eventually. The same with the rest. "I am Killian Borisyuk," Killian introduced himself since that was likely the most polite thing to do as he moved to make some coffee. He knelt down so that he could actually work everything, otherwise bending over would absolutely murder his back. "Seriously, what is with the dancing? What part of Russia are you from?"

Mallory moved over, sitting down on one of the couches. "Petersburg," She replied, looking down at her tea. "I wasn't expecting anyone to come in," She admitted, chuckling softly. "My father was very controlling, sometimes I like to be a little silly just because I know it would have infuriated him." She brushed her hair back behind her ear. "Do you enjoy teaching?" She questioned.

Killian finished pouring a bit of sugar in it, but used his wand to handle everything since he still had issues not breaking things that he handled. He glanced over his shoulder as Corrins mentioned that she was from Petersburg. He mentally plotted the city in his head, and remembered where it was. "So, you are from the western part. I'm from the other side. Khabarovsk." Killian never went to the western side, but the closest was when he was shipped off to Durmstrang. But apparently this woman had some father issues, and that was why she was being weird. "Seems a little weird, but you do you." Killian stood back up and raised his cup to his lips to take a sip of it to wake up a little more. "Seeing the students become a little shocked when they see me won't ever get old, so yes." Killian set his cup down to remove his robes, revealing his rather casual wear. "I am going to assume you do." Killian put the robes down on the floor before he sat down next to them, and sipped his coffee again.

Mallory bit back a sigh of relief when he told her where he was from. He wouldn't recognize her then. She relaxed, tucking her legs up under her and cradling her drink. She smiled softly as she listened to him talk. "Oh, I don't think it's so weird." She offered easily. "I'm sure everyone has a habit that others would find odd." She sipped her drink. She chuckled at his return of her question and nodded. "I imagine that would be fun to see. You are definitely one to remember," She teased him gently. "I love teaching here, it gives me a purpose."

Killian definitely noticed how she sighed in relief when he told her where he was from. Why would that be an issue? She must be some sort of socialite or come from a family like that. It was really none of his business. Killian stared up at the ceiling as she said that some habits might be odd from another perspective. He couldn’t think of any that he would consider odd, but that was just him. Killian just shrugged and took another drink of his coffee. "Is it the size or the tattoos?" he asked since he was not entirely sure which way she meant by him being one to remember. She did like teaching here though. Killian finished off his coffee and set his cup to the side. "Honestly, I am similar. I didn’t know what I wanted to do until I taught. It sucked until my girlfriend became a nurse here so I don’t have to be away from her for months at a time." Killian couldn’t bear with that. He’d go crazy.

Mallory chuckled. "You are a rather buff, heavily tattooed, large man. It's a package," She smiled. She faltered a little as he spoke about his girlfriend. "Oh, that's lovely," She told him sincerely. "I'm seeing someone, but he works in Arrowtown... the distance can be hard, sometimes I worry its kept him from committing to the relationship," She sighed softly, but just shook her head. "But I digress. Tell me about yourself?" She questioned him, wanting to possibly befriend the other Professor.

Killian looked over his body and nodded. Yeah, he was buff. Even his legs were thick. "I see your point on that." Killian even had green eyes, and that alone was somewhat rare in the human race, let alone his. Perhaps not as rare as some of the other colors that he had seen. He listened to her talk about her boyfriend, which he hoped that she was not asking him for advice on that. "If he doesn't commit because of your career, then he isn't worth it. That's all I know about it." Amethyst had been supportive of his change, and he had convinced her to leave the club to do something more up her alley. But spill about himself? He thought over the basic information without opening up because opening up was hard for him, even with his girlfriend. "I'm the oldest. Hobbies include working out and hiking. I drink vodka when I'm at home. I'm not sure what else. I am a triplet, but the others are in Russia. I don't exactly befriend people so... I don't know the protocols of this at all."

Mallory chuckled, rubbing her finger against her cup. "Oh, perhaps you're right," She offered gently, getting the feeling he wasn't the type to discuss her relationship woes with. She listened to him talk, taking note of everything. "I don't think I've ever had anything stronger than tea," She murmured. She'd never been much of a drinker. "Oh, you have two siblings? So do I, though not triplets," She chuckled. "Where do you fall? I'm the eldest." She offered with a small smile.

Killian was glad that she dropped it at that because he was the wrong person to ever discuss relationships with. Even he knew that he had some huge red flags when it came down to his temper - even though he would never lay a hand on Amethyst. It was uncertain if it came down to him being part-giant, or just his personality overall. "If you do, go for something small. I'm sure Professor Alcott-Ward would frown upon one of the Charms professor passed out in the lawns." Killian had a very high tolerance so he wasn't one of those lightweights. Amethyst could get tipsy sometimes, and then he had to deal with that. Not that he minded. "I have 4. My two youngest are half, so they aren't part-giants. I'm the oldest of them all. Being a triplet is fine, but we are identical. One of them convinced the other two of us to get matching tattoos." It was clear on his face that he regretted that. He loved his tattoos, but hated how people would confuse him with Kaelan. He was glad Kaelan and Kieran were both still in Russia.

Mallory giggled. "Oh, if I did overdo it I'd just get a room at the Hogs Head." She mused. She giggled softly as he spoke about his family. "Would you mind if I asked about your tattoos?" She questioned. "I've heard that every tattoo has its own story," She let her eyes wonder over his tattoos, curious where they all came from.

Killian nodded along though he wondered how the beds were at the Hogs Head. Would they be accommodating for him and Amethyst? That was pushed down since he could just take her home anytime they wanted to get intimate. He raised an eyebrow when asked about his tattoos, and then added that every one had its own story. "Well, my triplets and all have matching tattoos. There are several bits of our interests, shared and separate, on us. But if I told you each one and what they meant, we'd be here all day." Killian had several, though any related to religion and skulls were his choice.

Mallory considered that. Maybe she should get some tattoos... but what would go into that? She sipped her tea. "Well... what about just one then?" She asked him. "I'd ask if they hurt, but somehow I get the feeling that you wouldn't feel that too much," She gave him an easy smile.

Killian could talk about one, but then she distracted him with how she'd ask if they hurt, which she already knew the answer to that one. He thought over which one that he picked out and moved so that he could show the Charms professor the one on his right elbow. One of the several on his body. "The Star of David. Part of my family had that faith." Killian opened his palms and showed her the skulls on his palms, with one facing the side and the other facing forward. "I chose these as well. Not that either of these have a meaning."

Mallory studied the tattoos he showed her, smiling softly. "Oh, those are lovely," She offered, before sipping her tea. "Well, I've really enjoyed our chat." She stood. "Unfortunately, I need to get back to grading. But do feel free to stop by whenever you'd like, my door is always open." She smiled. "I do hope we can be friends while you're here. If you have time, you should stop in to see Professor Haden. He speaks Russian quite well, and he's a good man."

Killian raised his eyebrow at her word choice. He would not have described his tattoos as lovely. He had some time to chill in here before he was due back in his office. He smirked at her offer. "Most office doors here don't exactly accommodate to someone like me. Don't count on me visiting anyone for that reason alone." If anyone could say something about Killian, it was the fact that he was blunt. But knowing that another person here spoke Russian made him wonder how common they were in this area. He thought he lucked out when he met Amethyst. "Go enjoy grading, Corrins." Killian gave a small gesture of his hand, and grabbed his cup. Might as well have another cup of coffee before he would retreat as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back