Which side will she pick??

Lily couldn't help but laugh. They had a common point, even though it was Livia's and Stephanie's common point and not, Lily and Stephanie's common point. Of course, it moved to the topic of parents. Lily kept her fake smile going. Not wanting to show that once again, she'd be lying about something. Of course, lying did come pretty naturally to Lily, that and dancing.

"Both my parents are teachers. At different muggle schools. But they are wizards. They just didn't like magic." Lily said. "I wish I didn't have to live with my parents, they are so annoying. A sister must be annoying."

"It is. She's as bad as my mum, if not worse." Steph couldn't believe that she actually used to like her sister. She also coldn't believe how much she seemed to have in common with Livia. It was wierd. "I never see my dad any more-thank god. He's a muggle wierdo." She hated being related to a muggle but just called him by his name instead of calling him dad so it seemed as if they weren't.

Lily nodded. She hated her dad for different reasons. Mainly because he hated her, so why should she not hate him. Lily smiled again. She could understand a little why this girl would hate her whole family. Lily however didn't really care. this girl hated her family. That was all that she really needed to know. Lily knew that she had to be careful when she portrayed false trust. She figured it could end badly if someone found out she lied.

"Thank god." Lily repeated in agreement, then giving a light laugh. "It's soo annoying who you get stuck with as family. Friends are better don't you agree."

"Easily. You can pick friends but family is thrown upon you whether you like it or not." Steph knew that if she had to pick between saving her friends or her family, her friends would always come first. "What I find odd about friends is how Shay is my best friend and she is completely different to me. I mean, talk about opposites attract." Steph smiled at Liv.

Lily nodded in agreement. To both statements, but it seemed she agreed more with the first than the second. She found it the oddest thing alive, for her and Shaylah to be friends. And that Shaylah was the first person Lily had told her real name to in years. And Lily meant years. With a nodded, that was almost like a shake of the head, Lily came up with an idea.

"That is a little odd. You and me are more alike, I think. I tend to find the whole opposites attract thing, only lasts for a little while. Whereas someone you are like, tends to last longer." Lily said with an air of It-happened-to-me-I-speak-from-experience. Lily gave a smaller smile this time. As if she was thinking back upon what had happened.

Steph shrugged. "Me and Shay seem to be getting on fine. I don't think we're going to be splitting up any time soon." She smiled knowing that the two girls were getting on fine and knew all they needed to know about each other. "I do agree that we're more alike than I am with Shay though. I'd never become a tomboy."

Lily nodded, she shrugged slightly. Showing that Steph should maybe be careful. But in a subtle way. Then in all honesty, Lily began nodding. She could never be a tomboy either. Even the though of being one. Lily shuddered. Lily didn't ever, ever want to be a tomboy. There was no way. Say goodbye to good clothes, and having her hair nice. Getting dirty. Ewww, was all Lily could think about.

"Ohmygosh, same. I'd never. Never, ever, ever." Lily said. "Fashion is too important for me to try and be boy like."

"I don't mind getting a little dirty eery now and then but I could never get plastered the way she does." Steph laughed remembering the time Shaylah had come to the lake when it had been raining and ended up covered in mud. She smiled. "So how did you meet Shaylah?? Have you met any of the other people in our group??"

Lily shook her head. She hated getting dirty. Absolutely hated it. If it was muddy, Lily would more times than not, not even step outside the door. Instead she'd spend the day dancing. Which was a good waste of her time. Lily gave a small laugh at how her and Shaylah had meet. It was weird that they were talking about mud and they'd met in mud.

"It was before school, we met and she threw mud at me, and I'm now sharing a room with her." Lily said with a smile. "Who are the others in your group?"

Steph couldn't help but laugh at the story. "I was wondering why you hated her so much." She grinned at the next question. The group-as Steph was calling them-were Steph's closest friends. She met them through Shaylah and they noticed how all their first names began with 's'. "There's Sam Sykes, Sasha Harris and Sydney Caine." Sydney never seemed to be a hundred percent sure about anyone except Shaylah.

Lily listened to the names. She repeated them in her head. They all begin with S. Lily couldn't help but laugh to herself at this. It was utterly ridiculous. They all had S as the first letters of there names. She really did have to suppress the laughter that was ringing in her head.

"They all begin with S, wow. That's impressive." Lily said. "I wouldn't be able to join your group, since my name begins with L. The only other person I know is Sydney, she shares the dorm with me and Shaylah and a third girl you don't know."

Steph grinned. "Yeah. We only noticed it after we all became friends. It's really cool. It doesn't work if I go by my fake name though because that begins with 'H'." Steph hated her name and would happily change it but for now it was staying as it was. "I might have heard Shay or Syd talk about her but I probably haven't met her."

Lily nodded, she tried to think of other names beginning with S the girl could maybe use. Lily had a wide knowledge of names. She had needed it. She had gone through so many names before the final factor to which she had though Lily had been the best name for her.

"Her name's Ava, she's really cool. And into Fashion." Lily said smiling. "I can help you come up with a name. If you would like. One beginning with S. I know a lot of names."

"I think I've heard her name mentioned. Not in a good way if I remember correctly." Steph laughed remembering what Shay had said about Ava. "No, it's alright. I like Hayley. It's my favourite name. I'm stuck with my name though. I can't llegaly change it till I'm sixteen." Steph grinned. "Plus, I'd still be friends with them if my name didn't begin with 'S', I just wouldn't be in the group. One of Shay's best friends have the name Angela."

Lily raised an eyebrow at Steph. Ava was a perfectly nice person. Just because Shaylah didn't have a fashion sense didn't mean she had to hate her. Lily utterly loved Ava's fashion sense. It was the best. She loved it a lot. Lily doubted, that in the end Stephanie would actually change her name. It wasn't as good as people thought. Of course, Lily's name was off the charts. But she still used a different one.

"I didn't think you didn't have friends that have names beginning with different letters. Just it would fit better." Lily shrugged slightly. "Personally, I'd keep a name with S, so that I don't feel so apart from the group, or too different."

"Yeah, I suppose. It would probably have to be a very good name to replace that though." Steph grinned. She had liked the name for so long and nothing had sounded any better than it in her opinion. "What did you have in mind??"

Lily began to think of names, that Stephanie could be called. She did have to agree that Stephanie was a pretty bad name. Lily didn't really like it, but she think it suited Steph. Lily was having a little bit of mind blank now. Now that she had to actually come up with names, so could barely think of any.

"Well, there's Summer, Sara, Siara, Sage, Sabrina, Selena, September." Lily started "How about any of those?"

Steph shrugged. "None of them really jump out at me." It was difficult to please Steph with names. She didn't like most. Livia wasn't too bad but it wasn't great. Steph had only ever found one name that she ever liked and it was Hayley.

Lily smiled and nodded. She'd have to come up with more names, and her mind was running dry. She didn't have hundreds of names, she just had enough. Hopefully. Lily wondered if it really was worth her while trying to come up with another name. Lily wasn't even doing it for herself. But maybe it wouldn't be too bad. It might help her eventually achieve what she wanted.

"Okay, Saleste, Salestia, Savana, Scarlet, Scarletta, Shelbey." Lily stopped, she gave a small laugh. "And my mind has done a blank. I can't think of anything else, sorry" Lily wasn't really sorry, she was just saying that.

Steph's eyes popped open. "OMG!! That's an amazing name." Then she realised that she wasn't exactly being very clear. "I've never heard the name Scarlet before. It's really nice." She grinned when she thought about the name. It was loads better than Hayley and it started with 'S'. "Thank. I thought I'd never find a name other than Hayley that I liked."

Lily let out a small sigh of relief before smiling but not meaning it at all. She was glad she'd helped her find a name to call herself. Lily figured that in a small way Stephanie, or Scarlet, thought they were now friends. Lily hoped this was the truth. She didn't know how often she'd have to meet this girl before she got very bored of pretending to be her friend. Lily didn't stop smiling however.

"I'm glad I could help you Scarlet." Lily smiled. "Shall we go test out your new name this weekend? Like go to Brightstone, and introduce ourselves to random people? So you can get used to it."

Steph grinned. "Yeah sure." She had only been to Brightstone onc so far and ended up walking round in circles while Shaylah spent a load of Jay's money on her. Steph liked the way that Shay was happy to buy things for her but it made her feel awkward and felt she didn't have the right to have money spent on her. Shay seemed perfectly happy with it though. "Scarlet Rouge. It sounds so cool." She beamed.

Lily beamed back at the girl. She was now thinking of the name. It was a little weird that the two names both had something to do with red. Rouge, was very like the french word for red, and Scarlet, was a shade of red. Lily was almost positive of this fact. She didn't let this show, Lily did have to admit, it was a nice name.

"It does Scarlet Rouge." Lily said. "When shall we meet and Where, Scarlet?"

Steph liked the way that Liv kept saying Scarlet. It just seemed to fit Steph. "How about we meet outside Borley Mansion at midday?? Gives me time to have a lie in." Steph grinned. Saterday and Sunday were always days when she slept till about ten or eleven.

Lily would've wanted to meet earlier, so that she could avoid being seen with this girl, to win this girl over, she'd have to agree to this. Lily forced a smile and nodded at the girl. She couldn't believe what she was doing, hopefully they wouldn't run into any students.

"That's perfect. So it's set?" Lily said. "We are going to try out your new name Scarlet."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back