Which side will she pick??

Stephanie Duboit

OOC First Name
Taneaka
Steph sat by the lake leant against a tree. The rest of the group had left for one reason or anothr so he was now sat by herself. She couldn't help but think about before she had come to Hogwarts. It had been fun but she didn't have many friends and her sister had been lying to her the whole time. Why was Leslie so annoying.
Steph sat up and looked at her reflection in the water. Once she hd checked that her hair looked ok, she sat back against the tree and looked around to see who was near her.

Lily had taken a little longer than expected to get ready. She'd completely changed, and styled her hair in long ringlets, which framed her face perfectly. Her stiletto heeled shoes made a sharp, yet comforting sound against the stone floor of the Entrance hall. She had a smile plastered to her face. She was hopefully going to be meeting a girl by the name Stephanie. Or Steph. Lily couldn't help but be excited at the thought of this. She was going to make this girl side with her and her more Slytherin ways then the friends she already had, and of course make her be nice to her sister. Lily walked down the grounds and spotted a girl check her hair in the lake. Lily smiled to herself, she walked towards the girl, with a friendly fake smile.

"Ohmygosh" Lily exclaimed when she'd gotten close to the girl. "I love your hair. It's so perfectly suits you. I really mine would do that" Lily smiled brightly (yet still falsely) at the girl.

"Can I sit with you?" Lily said pointing to the ground next to the girl.

Steph looked at a girl in her year when she started talking. "Oh. Thanks." She smiled at the girl. "Yeah, sure. Go ahead." There was no way Steph was about to compliment a complete stranger on their hair. She only complimented her best friends and evn then she only did if their hair looked amazing.
"It's Livia, right?? You're in one of my classes. I can't remember which." Steph had remembered seeing her sat in one of the lessons. She seemed to love herself a bit too much and Shaylah and Sydney didn't say anything good about her so she couldn't be that amazing. Steph was going to give her a chance just because she had nothing else to do.

[[Don't you mean Livia?]]

Lily sat down beside the girl. She smiled at her. She nodded her head at the name. Lily could tell this girl would be a little hard to crack, but that was all the more fun for Lily. She held out her hand to the girl she was aware was in Ravenclaw with a bright and friendly smile.

"Livia Delaney, 1st Year Slytherin." Lily said proudly. "And you are?"

(Yeah, soz. I'll change it in a sec.)

Steph shook her hand. "Steph Duboit, Ravenclaw 1st year. I hate both of them so feel happy to call me Hayley Rouge, Slytherin 1st year." Steph smiled. She was close to Shaylah and as Shay didn't have a sister and Steph hated hers they said that they were sisters. Shaylah's dad seemed to be very confused when Shaylah sent him a letter saying he had another daughter. "So what brings you to the lake??" Steph loved asking questions about people. It allowed her to gt an inside story. Just by looking at Livia's face, Steph could tell she was hiding something and from her posture, she was either very posh or a dancer. Steph had always been good at reading people from the way they looked and held themselves.

Lily looked curiously towards the girl. Lily had never known Shaylah to be a Slytherin wannabe liker. Lily didn't even think about the fact that Shaylah would be friends with anyone outside the house, but she appeared to be wrong, and how much did Lily actually know about her new friend. She smiled again but had a more curious expression.

"I'm going to call you Steph. Because that's your name. And I think I met your sister earlier." Lily said. "I'm not surprised you don't want to be related to that girl. Such a weak girl. I came to the Lake to dance. But I'd much rather make a new friend with a Slytherin. I guess you're unhappy with your house?"

"Fine then suit yourself." Steph grinned. "She's such a freak, I mean, the fact that she's in Gryffindor says it all."Steph smiled more when she realised she was right, that Livia did dance. "Yeah. When I was being sorted, I didn't care what house I was put in because Leslie said that they didn't mean anything. Then I met Shaylah and she told me the truth so I ended up loathing Les for making me end up in a horrible house." Steph was always going to blame Leslie for the fact that she ended up in Ravenclaw and if anyone asked why, then she had plenty of answers.

Lily scoffed at the fact that the girl she'd just spoken to had thought houses to be useless. How could they be, houses were everything. They were what kept people like Slytherins above the rest. Lily faked a smile to the girl. She had heard that it only matter what you were like rather than on siblings, but Lily was meant to be turning this girl away from her own friends.

"Shaylah doesn't know anything. She's barely a Slytherin." Lily said, knowing really that Shaylah was a good slytherin and this girl in front of her could have never made slytherin even if her whole family had been in that house. "You should be friends with the better Slytherins. Ones who are real slytherins. Like you should be and like I am. You seem like twice the Slytherin that Shaylah is."

Steph' mouth dropped. She liked the fact that Livia was complimenting her but hated the fact taht she was insulting her best friend. "WHat do you know?? You probably don't know anything about Shay. She's the best friend I've ever had. Don't you dare talk about her in that sort of a way in front of me." Steph had heard a lot of things spreading round about Shaylah and she didn't care but she hated the way Livia just said it straight to her face.

Lily gave a light laugh. She loved the way this girl was standing up for Shaylah. Lily could never really see herself doing that for anyone. But she didn't have any really close friends. So she didn't have anyone she knew well enough she could stick up for. Lily knew however with the compliments she was giving this girl, she could somehow win her over. Of course the next time Lily ran into Shaylah, she'd have to explain this. Lily faked a smile.

"I live with the girl, I'm in all her classes and I even met her before we came to this school. And I'll talk about who I want in front of who I want." Lily smirked. "You don't actually believe she's really a good slytherin. I swear to you, I know slytherin, and you'd be much better. I can just tell. You should be hanging around me, rather than that girl. Plus you're hair is like so amazing, that alone, should be deserved of slytherin Status, even though you're not in the house."

Steph was getting confused. Livia seemed to be making her angry at the same time as very happy. Did she want to be Steph's friend or enemy??
"Just because you live with her and have classes with her, doesn't mean you know her." Even Steph didn't know everything there was to know about Shay. She was a very secretive person and hardly ever told secrets to anyone. Sydney was the only one that heard her deepest darkest secrets and even Syd found it hard to get them out of Shay. "There's way more to her than first meets the eye. For starters, she has an English accent and she has spent hardly any time in England. She's been there like once or twice." Now Livia was starting to get annoying. "She is a good Slytherin. The only thing that makes her not look anything like one is the way she presents herself and that's only because she cares more about blood than looks."
Confusion time. "Look, do you want to be my friend or enemy because you're talking about my friends behind their backs and yet you're complimenting me. It just makes no sense. Thanks for the compliment though."

Lily loved watch the girl get confused and other emotions at the same time. However Lily couldn't see if what she was saying was working. And making her friend and slightly turning her away from her real friends. Or if it would be better if this girl was friends with both, but was better than all of her friends. It wouldn't take too much. The girl was generally better. Lily was sure that she did actually know more about Shaylah than this girl. And Shaylah knew things about Lily and Lily didn't really want to break there secret friendship.

"I want to be your friend. And I can talk about them behind there backs because I don't like them." Lily said plainly. "You can be my friend and theres, and I promise you I'll lay off your friends but I only say those things because I think you're better."

Steph smiled. "Ok then." She loved the way Livia complimented her. Her other friends eren't like that. They were great friends but they didn't compliment people much at all. Steph was the same. It was very rare that she ever complimented anyone. "Just to let you know, though; I'll call you Liv. All of my mates have to have nicknames. It's just the way I am." She grinned wondering whether Livia would accept this.

Lily nodded in acceptance, she didn't really care what the girl actually called her. She just wanted to make sure they were friends or Stephanie thought they were friends. She smiled falsely to Steph. Quite happy with how this is turning out. Lily knew that Steph, was very slytherin, but had she been one, she'd have been a bad Slytherin but still Lily could tell this girl probably, most likely belonged in Slytherin.

"Sure, thats cool. I like nicknames." Lily said. "So is your hair naturally like that?"

Steph smiled. "Mostly, yeah. The colours natural but i have to keep shaping it. What about yours??" Steph thought that she was about to compliment Livia's hair when she asked about it. So unusual. It was almost like Liv was manipulating Steph. She put the thougt to the back of her mind thinking it was a load of rubbish.

Lily raised a hand and touched her hair. Of course, her hair was in every way perfect. But to get on this girls good side, Lily knew she'd have to pretend a little that her hair was just that little bit less than perfect. Lily, smiled brightly at her.

"My hair is naturally straight, but I curl it into ringlets or wavy, I like testing with new styles with my hair." Lily said. "I don't think I could ever dye my hair."

"I don't think I ever will dye my hair but if I did then I'd make it a very very dark brown." Steph grinned remembering the time she had painted it that olouron a photo of herself. She'd loved the colour but wasn't sure if it was her thing. "I always try new things with my hair. It's constantly changing."

Lily nodded along. She knew that when she was older, she might experiment with hair colours. Nothing too outrageous, just subtle tones. Lily smiled falsely at the girl. Lily couldn't ever see herself liking anyone like Stephanie. But in saying that, she had thought that about Shaylah and they were friends. Secret best friends.

"I'm not adventurous with my hair. I really love it the way it is. I wish I had your kind of courage to constantly change my hair." Lily said almost praisingly. "Do you like fashion?"

Steph couldn't believe she was starting to like this girl. "I like it but I'm not exactly crazy about it. Like I wouldn't go to that fashion club thing here at Hogwarts but I wouldn't wear the sort of sruff that Shay wears. She's my friend and all but she has no idea about clothes." Steph always laughed at the clothes Shaylah wore. The two of them joked about it everyday. Steph wasn't the kind of person to judge someone on what they're wearing. She had other ideas for working out what a person was like.

Lily couldn't help but agree about the fact Shaylah had no fashion sense. On this point she was on the same wave length as this girl. Lily smiled at her. She could tell that slowly, just maybe the girl was beginning to like her. Just maybe. Lily hoped she did. Lily wanted a team of people to do as she said. Or at least a few. Lily didn't care much for real friendship. She knew a few people she could say were her friends, the other, were just people she pretended to like.

"Oh yeah, that girl has no fashion sense. I might hate her, but I serious wish she would get some decent clothes. I have to live with that closet full of clothes that belong in the early 2000's." Lily said with a little giggle. "I really enjoy fashion. Like really enjoy it. It's the best thing ever."

Steph laughed. "Most of what she has is just hoodies. Although, the other day, I saw her wearing a really nice pair of denim shorts. There must be some fashion sense in there somewhere otherwise she wouldn't have worn them." Steph remembered the shorts and the fact that she had told Shay to watch them or Steph would steal them. "I loved them. Apparently, her dad's forcing her to wear a dress to the wedding of one of hr dad's friend's. It's a great dress but she's refusing to wear it."

Lily didn't think she'd seen the short Stephanie was talking about, but LIly trusted that this girl knew a little about fashion to know a good pair of shorts when she saw them. Lily wondered why Shaylah didn't like the dress. Lily hadn't seen it but she was sure that the dress would be a nice one. Lily thought that she might just take a look or ask.

"I'll take your word for it on the shorts. I chose to just not look at the girls clothes." Lily said with a smile. "And if there is a fashion sense in there, it must be very, very small."

"That's what my guess was." Steph smiled. "What got you into fashion??" She could see how much Livia loved it by the way she dressed so there must have been something that made her like it so much or why would she try so hard??

Lily shrugged slightly at the question. She was a little unsure of what got her into fashion. Her mother had been quite fashionable. From the picture Lily had seen, but that wasn't Livia. Livia's mum wasn't. Lily would just have to say something else. About how she got into fashion. Lily thought for only a second. She couldn't seem to pause too long, as she might be seen as making it up. Which she was partly.

"I'm not all that sure why exactly. I've always been fashionable. I pick out my clothes and I loved doing that so I guess fashion came with it. And I'm glad. I'm one of the best dressed here at hogwarts." Lily said proudly. Smoothing out her skirt. "My mum hates it. She doesn't think fashion is worth the money, but she is so wrong. I hate when parents are like that."

"Tell me about it. My mum is constantly moaning at me because, apparently, I need to stop messing with my hair. Hers is terrible though. It just looks like a mound of fur that's been stuck to her head." Steph smiled. "Luckily, my dad works for the goverment so he had to stay in England while I move here with mum and Les. One less person that I have to put up with." Then she got curious. "So what job do your parents have??"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back