When growls appear, there's no excuse

'Nah, that sounds too much like hard work' Alex replied, pulling a funny face. He bent down till his eyes were in line with the cupboards, balancing on his tip toes. He opened the cupboard and started looking through it for some inspiration. There was some bowls and ...a recipe book. Alex picked it out, not disturbing anything, flipping the pages till something caught his eye. Pancakes. He had never made that before. Baking was certaintly fun to do in any extent. 'Fancy some pancakes?'he asked Kiera, not standing up. He placed the book on the counter before going back tot he cupboard and pulling out some bowls and spoons.

Kiera laughed. "That would be hard work." she said. Kiera watched Alex curiously as he rummaged through the cabinets. Finally he pulled out a reciept book. He flipped through it, stopping on the pancake page. Kiera grinned. That was her favorite breakfast food. Suddenly she was hungry again. "Of course. I love pancakes. My dad makes them every saturday at home." she told him as he went rummaging for supplies.
"Can you cook?" she asked him curiously.

Alex smiled. 'Well then, Pancakes it is on this Saturday Morning' he cheerfully said before straightening up again, his arms brimming with all the equipment they needed. 'Kind of. I'm not that brilliant at it. Do you cook?'he asked her laying down the equipment. He smiled at Kiera, his heart lightening at the sight.

Kiera nodded her head. "I can a bit. But I'm not always so great at it. My dad is a phenominal cook so it was rare than I ever needed to." she explained. Her dad cooked every night and they sat down to dinner as a family. Kiera only cooked when he was running late at the office. Kiera noticed Alex smiling at her, her heart melted. She smiled back at him. "Would you like some help?" she offered.

Alex fake a shocked look. 'Me want help from you? Did you expect me to do all the work myself?'he joked with her before grinning. 'Of course silly,'he added, chuckling. 'Get to work' he order jokingly. Before smiling widely. 'Shall I do the flour?'he asked, starting to open the flour packet.

Kiera laughed. "Okay I was just making sure. I thought you might want to sweep me off my feet by impressing me with your pancake skills." she said joking. Kiera reached for the measuring cup. "Okay you do the flour and I will get some water in this measuring cup." she said, taking out her wand. Kiera concentrated very hard on how much water she needed. "Augamenti" she said as the cup filled with water. It was the exact right amount. Kiera grinned happily. She looked over at Alex to see how he was coming along.

Alex was struggling to open up the flour. Who ever had close it last sure put a nice fold in it. He pursed his lips before finally he managed to open it. He smiled, and took the bowl. He had no idea how much they needed but it wasn't much left in the bag as far as he could see. He took the bag and tipped the whole bag upside down. Though what he did not expect to happen was a great big flour cloud covering him from head to toe. Alex just stood there stunned for a few seconds. He shook his head and wiped his eyes. 'Whoever tampered with that flour bag has sure got a great mind,'he replied as a compliment. What he did not remember however was that he had placed charms on a couple of flour bags last term with his friend. And one of the charms he had casted on them was a flour bomb one.

Kiera pursed her lips, trying not to laugh at Alex. She lost the battle. She burst out laughing. His expression on his face was what cracked her up the most. "This has got to be the funniest thing I have ever seen. You look like a ghost!" she said laughing again. "Can I take a picture?" she asked amused.

Alex's jaw dropped as Kiera ask if she could take a picture. 'No, you can not' he replied back, taking the now full bowl and throwing at her. He looked at her before bursting out laughing. Now wonder she had said he looked like a ghost, she did too. 'Now you can take a picture' he managed to say before laughing again. He hadn't even used all the flour in the bowl. Three quarters worth was still sitting there like a perfect weapon.

Kiera was caught completely off guard as Alex threw flour at her. She was sure she looked as funny as he did. Kiera narrowed her eyes. "You have asked for it now." she said playfully as she got a handful of flour out of the bowl. She flung it at him. Kiera laughed again. He looked pretty funny but still charming in his way. She was sure she looked disgusting but she didn't really care. Kiera was comfortable with herself that she didnt worry about how she looked. "Can I still take that picture?" she asked, grinning.

Alex was laughing too much that he failed to notice Kiera throwing more flour at him. He gasped before laughing some more. 'And so have you,'he replied sticking his tongue out at her. He took a handful of flour and threw it back at her. 'If you want,'he answered, grinning. Before throwing some more flour at her.

Kiera laughed as he threw more flour at her. The kitchen was turning into a war zone. Kiera grinned. "Of course I want a picture of you." she replied honestly. She picked up a handful of flour before throwing it back at Alex. She returned to the bowl to chunk more flour at Alex. She was having such a good time. Kiera tripped on her third time back to the bowl. She fell forward as if she was going to fall into Alex. She pelted him with flour as she was falling.

Alex laughed. 'And what do you propose you take it with then?'he asked, trying to duck the flour she was throwing at him. He was certaintly and utterly covered now. He turned back and collected a few handfuls of flour to throw at her. He returned the flour to her as she threw them at him. He noticed her trip up before she pelted him with flour. He lifted his hand protectively covering his from the floor before catching her by the elbow just before she fell. He laughed as he helped her up seeing the war zone the kitchen had now turned into thanks to the flour bag he had chosen. He stuck his tongue out at her before placing some more floor on her head.

Kiera smiled as Alex caught her. "With my camera of course." she pointing to her bag. Her magical camera was inside it. That would work nicely for a picture. She looked around the kitchen and saw the mess they had made. Kiera laughed. "The elves will not be happy with us." she said shaking her head. Kiera laughed as she picked up some more flour and threw it at him.

Alex looked round before finding more flour in his face. 'Hey' he complained laughing. He took some more flour at threw it at her in return. He then took his wand and pointed it at the ceiling. Who knew how flour even got up there? 'Scourgify' he casted on it, before smiling. 'Not any more. We cleaned the ceiling for them,'he stated smiling.

Kiera laughed. "They will be so pleased." she said as she walked to where her bag was. She pulled out her camera. "Picture time." she said grinning. She placed the camera on the table and positioned it just so. She set the automatic timer so that they could both be in the picture. She hurried to where Alex was. She put her arms around him and smiled charmingly. The flash went off. Kiera grinned, her arms still around him. "See that wasnt so bad." she told him.

Alex smiled. 'I know'he agreed, as he watched her grab something out her bag. He had never seen a magical camera before but it looked just like a normal one almost. He was slightly surprised at that.He laughed as she hurried round to him. He stuck his tongue out at the camera as the flash went off. 'Never said it would be' he replied smiling.

(it is magical isn't it?? Well, it is now :p lol )

Kiera smiled up at him. She reluctantly let go of him but still stayed close to his side. She laughed at him again. They both looked so funny all covered in flour. "Lets see how it came out then." she said as she went to retrieve the camera. Kiera looked at the picture, confused. It showed the two them as they had stood but since it was a magical camera the picture moved. As it moved, it showed Alex and Kiera hugging and staring into each other's eyes, in a loving manner. Then they would turn and look at the camera, Kiera smiling and Alex with his tounge out. They looked as if they were 'together' in the picture. Supposedly, the camera could tell how you were feeling. Kiera wasnt so sure she wanted to show it to Alex but she did anyways.
"Hmm this is odd." Kiera said trying to conceal her true feelings but failing miserable. She wished this was how Alex felt about her. The camera must have just picked up on my feelings.. she told herself. She handed Alex the camera so he could have a look.

((Yes! It was!))

Alex smiled as Kiera laughed looking down at his clothes. Boy was he gonna get shouted at from the boys. Last time, he had come in dripping in mud and leaves and he had promised not to do that ever again. As if, he thought to himself. He looked back up before scourgifing the floor. 'Is it?'he asked as Kiera said something.
He took the camera and looked at the picture. Had they done that? he thought not remembering that. What was up with that? Did magic cameras pick up on people's feelings? Alex started to panic a bit inside, hoping it didn't. He didn't want her finding out that he liked her in that way. No, don't be stupid Alex. Camera's don't pick up feelings.
'Yeah, odd' he commented, frowning a bit. 'But I still looked better than you,'he added, joking. He took the bowl and emptied it on her, leaving the bowl upside down on her head. He laughed before stepping out of slapping distance just incase.

Kiera nodded her head as Alex examined the picture. "I read once that the cameras can supposedly tell your feelings. I dont know if I believe that or not." she commented. Kiera did not expect Alex to dump the bowl over her head and leave it sitting there. The bowl had hit her head a bit hard, though she realized he had not meant for it to. "Oww." she complained as she took the bowl off and rubbed her head. She looked down at herself. Every bit of her was white. She laughed and shook her head. "I believe that I look the best." she teased, posing for him.

Alex shook his head. 'I'm sure it doesn't. There's no way a camera has now got mind reading skills'he replied smiling. He scourgified another patch of the kitchen. It was looking cleaner by the minute. He looked back at Kiera and seeing her with bowl off looked even whiter. He laughed as she posed. 'Of course, stupid me. I should never of suspected a gorgeous ghost to be better than a-'Alex casted scourgify on himself quickly. 'Oh what d'you know? - a human,'he joked with her, grinning. Well, this was probably one of the best nights since the start of the new term.

Kiera laughed as Alex cleaned himself off. She took her own wand and pointed it at her. All the flour vanished from her. Kiera grinned. "Wow look at that. We are both pretty clean humans now." she teased. Kiera was amazed at how her night had ended up. She was spending it with the best guy in school. She smiled as she helped him clean up the kitchen.

He laughed. 'I know. it's amazing isn't it?'he joked back glad she had helped him clean up the mess. 'Well, now that that's all done, should we continue with our pancakes?'he asked, scooping the remaining flour out of the bag with a spoon and into a clean bowl. By coincidence, it was the right amount and he sighed with that. He wouldn't have to open a new flour bag. Scrunching up the rubbish, he threw it into the bin. It landed right in the center of the bin and Alex grinned. 'Goal' he joked smiling.

Kiera smiled as the kitchen returned to its former state of cleanliness. As Alex asked if she still wanted pancakes, she remember that she was hungry and nodded her head. "Yes please! After all you promised me some pancakes mister." she teased him. Kiera watched as he threw the trash away. She laughed. "And the crowd goes wild! Cullen scores the winning shot!" she said, playing along.

Alex laughed as Kiera played along with his goal. 'Cullen rushes up to the conductor and gives her a big massive..'Alex took his hand and messed up Kiera's hair 'Oh, it turns out he was just messing up her hair. Never mind folks,' he joked back before turning back to the recipe. He turned to the fridge and picked a brown speckled egg out the box. Throwing it up and catching it in his hand, he headed back.
'I will make the fair maiden the treacherous pancakes she so desires,' he added with a bow. Taking the egg, he cracked it on the side of the bowl and let the egg fall from the split with a gloop. The golden yolk circled on the surface of the uneven flour before settling.
Alex threw the egg into the bin scoring another goal again. He resisted temptation on saying goal again though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back