When growls appear, there's no excuse

Kiera laughed. "Okay. It is interesting." she said in agreement. Alex looked dashing as he smiled. Kiera's heart fluttered slightly. No. she told her heart sternly. Alex was a friend. So they went to the Yule Ball together. That didn't mean he had feelings for her. Kiera knew that. She picked up her drink and took a sip. Kiera smiled her most charming smile. "You know maybe I would try skating again if I had the proper teacher." she said, thinking it would be worth the bruises for him to teach her.

Alex nodded satisfied that she thought it was interesting. 'A proper teacher? I don't know. We could ask the Professors if any of them teach ice-skating. Though, I'm not promising anything. Most of them look a bit stiff, even for dancing,'he started saying. He was winding her up of course. He knew fine well what she meant. He wouldn't mind but he already knew he was never destined to be a Professor.
He smiled at Kiera. 'Course, if you don't mind not having a proper teacher, I could always try to teach you. But don't expect to be saved from every fall' Alex teased at the end, his smile curving up at one side.

Kiera laughed as she imagined certain Professors ice skating. "I wouldnt mind seeing some of them ice skate. It would be very entertaining." she commented with another laugh. She rolled her eyes as Alex teased her.
"So will I still be saved from some of the falls?" she teased him right back. Kiera was enjoying herself in his company. The night had taken a turn for the better when she stumbled upon Alex down here. Her mind was completely free of thinking about Jacqueline . Now all her thoughts revolved around the conversation at hand.

Alex laughed. 'Maybe, just depends if you're in a good mood or not' he replied back, though it was obvious he was. He was glad he met someone down here. It made sneaking out fun, well, better than it usually was. And Kiera seemed to have forgotten about her mother right now, which made it all worthwhile.

Kiera laughed. "I am in a good mood. I'm sure I will be when you teach me to ice skate. I like being with you. It's more fun, like an adventure." she said grinning playfully. She was being honest. She did enjoy being with him. She picked up her butterbeer and took another sip. Half of the bottle was already gone. Maybe that's why she was being so giddy. Or then again, maybe not.

Alex smiled. 'We'll see' he commented, glad she actually liked being with him. 'And I am honored,fair maiden, for your kind words' he jested, bowing at Kiera. He took another drink of his butterbeer. It always reminded him of ginger beer that he used to have at the care home. Not that he had actually liked ginger-beer. It made no sense why they called it that when there wasn't an ounce of alcohol in it. Maybe it was just that there was yeast in it, not to mention the horrible ginger. 'Ever had ginger beer?'he asked, just for the sake of it.

Kiera laughed as he joked around. He could always make her laugh. Her evening had been disasterous until he came into the picture. Somehow he knew how to make everything better. "Why good sir, only kind words for kind actions." she said playing along. Kiera looked puzzled for a moment at Alex's question. "No, I haven't," she said. Kiera thought about his question a second longer before her brain clicked. "Is it the same thing as Ginger ale?" she wondered. "My dad always gave me ginger ale when I was sick." she said smiling at the memory. Kiera loved ginger ale.

Alex laughed as Kiera wondered about Ginger ale. 'No,'he mange to say before grinning at her. 'No, ale is nice, ginger beer is not. Fizzy ginger tainted water' Alex explained before pulling a face of disgust on. He hated the stuff. He wondered what Ginger ale tasted like. Probably horrible too no doubt. After all, he hated ginger. He smiled. 'Never mind, it was just something I thought of randomly.' he added, not wanting to make her worry. Girls always seemed to wonder about the weirdest things.

Kiera shook her head. The stuff sounded disgusting. "Ginger ale is more of a soda with a hint of ginger. Its supposed to be good for sick stomachs." she explained. Thats what her dad always claimed at least. Kiera shrugged as he said nevermind about the ginger beer. Kiera didnt think she ever wanted to try it. Kiera picked up the butterbeer and took a sip. It made her feel all warm and comfortable. She was completely relaxed. Her mind turned to Alex. Even in his pajamas he looked handsome. Maybe it was just his charm.

Alex just nodded absentmindedly as Kiera explained about ginger ale. He took another drink of his butterbeer, wondering why they even had butterbeer in the fridge here. Surely then, every student would be coming and snapping some of them up and there wouldn't be anything special about them anymore.
Alex adjusted his weight onto his other foot before his other one became sore. He just didn't feel like sitting down anymore. He just stood there in silence drinking his butterbeer. It wasn't awkward to him though, just comfortable.

Kiera was comfortable in the silence between them. It was a good type of silence. Kiera noticed him shifting about and figured he was getting antsy. She wondered if he was going back to bed soon. She hoped not. Kiera looked around, it was dead silent. Kiera then remembered that house elves ran the kitchen. She frowned. Shouldn't they be around with people in the kitchen? Not that she minded of course. She would rather be alone with Alex but still..."Hey Alex," she said. "Where do you suppose all the house elves are?" she inquired.

Alex looked at Kiera as she mentioned his name. She had a point actually. He hadn't even noticed that until she mentioned that. 'I think some of them go round the castle and grounds at night if I'm right. The caretakers get some of them to help monitor the school I think. Other than that, no idea actually'he replied, remembering seeing house elves before round the corridors at night. He shrugged at Kiera, noticing what she was wearing. He had to admit, she had the gift of beauty in her. She was wearign PJs and still managed to look great.

Kiera listened to Alex's answer. It seemed logical enough to her. She nodded her head. "Yes that seems like a good answer." she told him. Then she laughed. "After all someone has to clean up all your messes." she teased him. Kiera actually thought most of the pranks Alex pulled were brilliant. Like on the first day of Astronomy class when he had kissed her. Kiera hadn't even known Alex then. Thinking of that class, her mind wandered. She couldnt help but wonder what it would be like to really kiss him. snap out of it! Kiera told herself sternly.

Alex laughed as Kiera teased him. 'Naturally'he repled back as if it was always like that. 'Well, actually. I haven't pulled that many victims in these days. They've been very lucky.'He added, sticking his tongue out at Kiera. No, because you've been getting caught in detention, daydreaming about a certain someone, a little voice chidded in his head.
Alex took another drink of butterbeer, wondering why he had been getting caught lately. It was like he wasn't thinking things through at all anymore. His mind was so distracted.

Kiera laughed then stuck her tounge back out at Alex. She put a serious look on her face.
"Alex Cullen. You mean to tell me you have been neglecting your victims? What am I going to do with you? Where has your head been?" she said, pretending to scold him. She couldnt hold her serious face too long. Alex was just so darn cute! Kiera's face spread into a grin.

Alex got down on his knees in one fluid movment and put his hands together in front of his face. 'Please don't hurt me. I'm begging you. I'll try be badder'he joked about, imitating Oliver Twist's voice for a second. A playful grin passed along his face before he got up again and dusted down his trackies. He looked at Kiera before taking her hand. 'In the clouds, my amigo. Dreaming about you'he joked with her, spinning her round, like they had done in the Yule Ball. It was true though, his thoughts had been there and suddenly, he had no idea what he was doing. Confessing them to the girl who had been in his mind for the past month or two?? Are you stupid?! That little voice was going be getting very annoying soon.

Kiera laughed as Alex got down on his knees She recongized his voice imitation to be that of Oliver Twist. Kiera grinned at him. He was just too funny. Then, he did something completely unexpected. He took her hand. Kiera's heart lurched and fluttered as he pulled her up. Alex told her something and they spun around. Just like at the Yule Ball. Kiera laughed in amusement as they twirled. The dancing gave her a minute to think. Kiera thought her heart was going to melt. Dreaming about you... she thought. Was he serious? Kiera smiled a dazzling smile. She only hoped it was true. "You really dont mean that." she said, trying to convince herself. "Do you?" she asked in a softer tone as her big chocolate eyes stared up at him.

Alex loved this. Not only was he doing one of his most favourite things but he was with a girl who was exceptionally nice. A smile was painted on his face as he twirled her around. He loved seeing her happy, in fact anyone happy, but her more. Her laugh was one of the bests, only a few he knew beat it. He looked at her as she spoke to him. He didn't answer straight away. Hmm, should I admit it or lie. Maybe she doesn't feel that way, does she? Of course no, just because I invited to the yule ball doesn't mean anything.
Alex smiled at her. 'Maybe that's for me to know and you to find out' he answered, not giving anything away. After all, there was no way he could out and out lie to her and those melting eyes.

Kiera waited for Alex's words as they dance. Despite her worry about what Alex might say, she grinned as they spun around the room. Kiera was having fun with him. It was one of those moments where you wish time could freeze. Kiera continued to look up at Alex as he seemed to think about what to say to her. Kiera pouted slightly at his words. She didnt even realize she was doing it. Snap out of it Kiera! she commanded herself. You should know better than to think he was being serious. Kiera playfully looked back up at Alex.
"And good sir, how do you propose I find out?" she said jokingly in a british accent. At least if she teased him, he wouldn't flat out tell her no.

Alex laughed as she teased him back. He actually had no idea how she would find out. 'Well, seeing as I have no brain of my own to spare, I propose you find out from another person' he replied back in a posh english accent. He had no idea if she would ever think of an idea. Torture could always be a way to find out but that's the only thing he could think of. 'You know. Seeing as the house elves aren't actually here, maybe we could leave them something. They can't refuse it then'he replied looking about the kitchen and not seeing anything personal whatsoever.

Kiera laughed as shook her head as he said she should found out from someone else. Kiera didnt like that idea. She would rather know from Alex if it was true. But its not true. she scolded herself. "Or you could just tell me. Directly from the souce." she said persuasively. They had stopped dancing now. Kiera's hand lingered on Alex's. She didnt want to let go of him just yet. Kiera laughed again as Alex suggested that they should leave something for the elves. A small smile was in the corner of her mouth. Alex always had fun ideas. "What do you have in mind?" she asked, not quite sure of his plan.

Alex smiled. 'But that would be cheating,' he told her. He wasn't going to tell her. He had made up his mind. Because then, it would force him to lie. He raised an eyebrow at Kiera. 'You know, something nice, but not clothes. I heard they hate clothes,' he suggested, not sure what Kiera had been thinking of. He reached with his hand round to his back pocket for his wand. 'Something like..' his sentence lingered in the air as he built up the picture of a bouquet of flowers in his mind. He imagined the smell and the water pumping through their veins for the nutrients. His smile curved up at the corners. He tapped three times in the air with his wand behind his back. 'Orchideous'he finished and in his hand was a bouquet of flowers, in full bloom. It wasn't really tied in with the season but he still though it would spruce the place up a bit.

Kiera let out a small sigh when wouldnt tell her. She had known it was too good to be true. Why had she let herself think that Alex liked her as more than a friend? Kiera scolded herself for getting her hopes up. "Oh no I wasnt thinking clothes. They might mistake that for being set free." she said in agreement with Alex. Alex took out his wand. Kiera watched curiously as Alex made a bouquet of beautiful flowers appear. Kiera clapped her hands, as a brilliant smile crossed her face. "Those are charming. I love flowers.'' she said with a sigh. "They smell so good. You did an excellent spell." she said sincerely.

Alex smiled. 'Thank you' Keeping a note in his mind that Kiera liked roses. He saw a vase in one of the opened cuboards and lifted it up with his wand onto the counter. 'Aqueous' he said after tapping it three times. Water filled up the vase and he placed the flowers in it. He smiled at his work, hoping the elves would like it, not that he really cared but still. 'So umm, what else could we do to ruin the kitchen?'he joked, looking round.

Kiera grinned as Alex set the roses on the counter. They were lovely. Alex joked about ruining the kitchen and Kiera laughed. "I think anything we do the house elves can fix with thier magic. Besides, roses make the kitchen better, prettier." she said cheerfully. She liked the roses and hoped the house elves didnt take them away. Kiera thought about an answer to Alex's question. "If you reorganize their cabinets that would probably freak them out a bit." she said with a shrug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back