The Stands

Coming to the first game of the season had two reasons, one to see how the other teams were doing but the other was to support his brother. He arrived at the stands and went straight to the ravenclaw stands. He sat down in amongst the students who were there to support the ravenclaw team and just waited for it to start.

Aurora arrived at the stands, she had tried to persuade her sister to come to the pitch to see the first game of the season, but Aurora had absolutely failed at it. She was there alone, and content to be. She sat amongst some of the other students, likely to support ravenclaw over hufflepuff as she knew people in the former team. She was keen to see who might win this. Who they could eventually play, depending on how gryffindor then did.

Emmanuel was not a person who cared too much about quidditch, but he always took the time to come to the games. It was important to him to support his house but also to support his girlfriend on the hufflepuff team. He had a sign saying, 'go penny' but would try to balance and support both teams if he could.

Fraser hadn't been loving not being part of the gryffindor team, and he hadn't really wanted to come to the first game, but after being asked by Rosie to come and take some pictures of the game, he had reluctantly agreed. He was at the pitch, lingering towards the end of the stands, where he could move about and take some pictures of the moving players.

Callie was so ready to support Hufflepuff. She was in the stands, with yellow paint on her face and she was ready to scream and cheer for the hufflepuff team. Callie was in amongst the rest of the hufflepuff, in their stands and she was already bouncing up and down, ready to cheer on the team.

Apolline was keen to see the first Hogwarts game. She wanted to see in part what this sort of games that the school played. She had no intention of ever playing, but she wanted to watch it, and wanted to see what a real game was. The next game would be one with gryffindor and that would matter more to her, but this would be fun too. She couldn't spot anyone that she knew so just sat down by herself.

Aroha was excited to see real quidditch close up. It had been a while, not since she was really little. Her team wasn't playing, but that didn't matter - it was still quidditch and something worth watching. She didn't go with anyone but noticed one of her dormmates had also decided to come along so she sat down beside her. "Mind if I join?" she asked, after already taking a seat. "Do you like quidditch too, or...?" she asked, glancing at Apolline but otherwise keeping her focus on the game at play. It was interesting watching the players, her eyes were wide with wonder.
@Apolline Fontaine

Aine was, of course, in the stands to support Hufflepuff. Quidditch was still very strange to her, even after six years she couldn't get her head around it, but it felt like a good thing to go and watch. For one thing, it reminded her of Saturday morning football, even if they didn't have sausage sizzles. And she had friends on either team playing - Zagreus was playing for Hufflepuff, so she was cheering for him as Hufflepuff scored and Ravenclaw's chaser headed towards him. But Monday was playing for Ravenclaw, so even though Aine was obliged to support Hufflepuff, she still was going to support her friend and wouldn't be terribly upset if Ravenclaw won.

Still, though, Aine wondered why they couldn't just play a little closer to the ground. Even being on the stands made her feel a little queasy. Not terribly - at least the stands were magically reinforced - but just a tiny bit. She noticed Emmanuel was cheering on one of the Hufflepuff players and grinned. It seemed she wasn't the only one caught between supporting her house team and wanting to support someone on the other team, too.

Zora was dressed in as much yellow as she could possibly find for the very first Quidditch game of the year. Not that she really followed the game, she just thought it was exciting and that seeing the support would make people on her house's team happy. As she took a seat in the stands she hoped that someone would join her so they could talk about things - maybe they could explain the intricacies of the game in a way her brother had failed to previously.

Axel didn't care too much about quidditch, but it was his last year and he felt like he ought to get involved in things. The seventh year sat in the stands, wearing his Ravenclaw t-shirt and ready to cheer on his house. Unfortunately, the Hufflepuff's scored first. "Booooooo" he yelled out as they did.

Apolline smiled at Aroha joined her. "Go ahead," she said somewhat needlessly, as the girl had already joined her but she nodded. "I enjoy it enough to watch it, not enough to ever want to play it," Apolline replied, though the game had now kicked off, and she was trying to focus more on that. "You?"
@Aroha Blenheim

Noah had watched quidditch games before, with his family, actually quite a lot of times growing up. But it was different when it was his house, and he started to feel house pride as he saw the players arrive to the pitch. He noticed his new friend Zora and sat down next to her, giving her a small smile. “Hey,” he greeted. “This is so cool isn’t it.” He could barely take his eyes off the players. Noah was so used to seeing, like, old people play. No offence to his aunt Charlotte.​
@Zora Jackson

Zora turned her head when someone spoke to her and grinned when she saw it was her friend, Noah. She thought he was nice and would really like to be friends with him over time. "It is!" she agreed quickly. "I've never seen a game live before," she shared. She knew this wasn't professional Quidditch but to the girl it was still exciting. Did she want to play herself? Absolutely not. She would still enjoy watching. "Would you ever want to play?" she asked him while the thought was on her mind as she watched the game in front of them.
@Noah Cosgrove

Noah was glad Zora agreed with him. It was awesome to find friends who shared a common interest. Quidditch was just the first of many, he imagined. "That's crazy," he replied to her sharing that she'd actually never seen it in person before. "I basically grew up watching Quidditch. Never played though," he added. He thought about her question and nodded once he'd come up with his answer. "Oh, for sure. I think it would be so fun. Maybe I'll try out for the team next year! What about you?"
@Zora Jackson

During their conversation, Zora was impressed to learn that Noah had seen a lot of games. Of course, they were likely from very different financial backgrounds. She didn't feel the urge to say that it was because her parents simply could not afford to take her and her brother to watch. Instead she said, "Oh do you have a favourite team then? I like the Thunderers or the Harpies." She felt that the Harpies having only female players was fantastic because so many talented witches played on those teams but her favourite were the Thunderers strictly because as an Australian she had to remain loyal to her home. "That'd be fun. I'd cheer you on for sure! I don't really like flying," she said truthfully. She was afraid of it and how high people could get. Zora preferred to have her feet on the ground. Between their conversation, she saw that a Hufflepuff chaser had gotten the first score on the board and Zora cheered loudly for the team and hoped they would continue to have success and catch the Snitch to win the game.
@Noah Cosgrove

Aroha smiled back, brightly. "Yeah, I love quidditch, I love watching it, I love playing it. I tried out for the team but didn't make it." She felt kind of bad about that, but it wasn't totally unexpected. She turned her attention to the game and watched as the Hufflepuff chasers dominated. One goal in by the Ravenclaws, that was good for them to do at least that much, but it looked like Hufflepuff really were ones to contend with. When the Hufflepuff chaser caught the snitch, Aroha let out a loud yell of excitement, standing up in her seat. It always was exciting to see that moment happen, when the snitch was finally caught. "I can't wait till Gryffindor plays," Aroha said to Apolline after she'd calmed down somewhat, sitting back down. "Will you watch that game too?" she asked.
@Apolline Fontaine

Apolline was surprised that Aroha had tried out for the team, but less so that she hadn't made it. They were first years after all. "I'm sure you'll make it next time," Apolline said, but she watched the game and the hufflepuff seeker got the snitch. She cheered for them, but was a little disappointed that the game had not been longer. "Of course!" she said excitedly. "And Gryffindor will definitely win," Apolline was confident in that.
@Aroha Blenheim

Audrey wasn't too happy with how the last game had gone, she knew Hufflepuff were a strong team but she hadn't played as well as she would have liked. Not to mention that they had kind of outplayed them at every turn. But it was only a school game, and Hufflepuff kind of needed the points. Audrey was determined to make up for it with getting duelling points, and by doing better next game. She had gone down to the pitch to see how the Gryffindor and Slytherin game went, knowing they'd play whichever team lost. She wasn't specifically supporting either team, though she was probably going to cheer on Gryffindor over Slytherin. Although she wouldn't have minded if their seeker got knocked out, because she was curious to see how Teddy went. She had her binoculars in hand and was ready to keep a close eye on things.

Fiona was excited for the school match and she knew she wanted to support Gryffindor. She enjoyed quidditch. Both playing and watching it. The first year quickly made her way to the stands just before the game started, only managing to find a spot amongst everyone else. Once the whistle blew, Fiona immediately started cheering for Gryffindor, as she watched one of the chasers grab a hold of the quaffle.

Professor Kingsley was in her seat, eager to watch the game. It had been a bit since she'd attended one, but the weather was too nice to remain indoors. The professor cheered the Gryffindors on as they quickly took possession of the quaffle to start the game.

Aroha had woken up excited, eaten breakfast excited, and now was taking a seat on the stands excited. She was looking forward to seeing Gryffindor smash Slytherin - that was how it had to go, in her mind. Aroha had decked herself out in a variety of Gryffindor-themed clothes, making sure she looked every part the supporter of her team. She even had some red-and-gold face paint in horizontal streaks across her cheeks. Aroha was ready, and she was all in. Aroha booed when Slytherin managed to score, but cheered when Gryffindor got one in as well. It was all even so far, but everything could change in a moment and that was what was so exciting.

Cairo racked her memory, uncertain if she had ever watched a real Quidditch match before. Today, she resolved to check that experience off her bucket list. Climbing the stands, she settled into her seat alongside fellow staff members. She didn't expect the staff to engage in betting – that would certainly be unprofessional. Yet, if any informal wagers were circulating, Cairo might just find herself open to participating. "So, er, whose the better team then?" She asked the member of staff sitting next to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back