Roses have thorns

Amy smiled gratefully at Nathalie. "Im sure you could. Just do it if you need to." She said quickly. She didn't really know what to say. She hadn't thought about her decision and if it came to it now, she wouldn't do it again. She twirled her wand around her fingers, starting to get bored of the rain. "Do you wanna go inside?" She suggested, thinking of a warm fire and a drink. Wondering what her friends would think of her when they saw her with a girl that she hardly knew, she looked up at Nathalie.

"Run away.. I don't think so... my heart would break if ever if will see my mother cry..." Nathalie said with a wistful smile, looking at Amelia with a rather entertained look. She must admit it, the girl was rather amazing, being able to do what she wanted to do. "Inside? Sure..." She then replied, looking out to see whether the rain had stopped already. She already felt good after crying and after talking with the girl, therefore, it wouldn't hurt if she decide to return inside once again.

Amelia shrugged. It had been hard to see her mum upset, but she knew that they valued their jobs more than her so she could get over it easily. "Come on then." She said, standing up, but keeping the shield around her from the pelting rain. "You wouldn't think that it was summer, would you." She said laughing and starting to walk. "So, what dorm are you in?" She asked, wondering why she had hardly ever seen the girl around before.

Nathalie followed Amelia silently, still keeping the charm around her to avoid getting wet. "Well... the weather's pretty much unpredictable..." Nathalie replied with a smile, looking up to see the skies clearing up once again. "Which dorm am I in? Bellefeuille, the house of Jocelin Cossu. One which is the house of those with creative thoughts. Whether be music, art, or poetry" Nathalie said with a wistful smile, talking about her house really enlightens her. "How about you Amy?"

OOCOut of Character:
I'm not really sure about the dorms in Beauxbatons.. :D Had to search for it.. :D

Amelia smiled as she described her house. "Well, this is really embarrassing for me. Im also in Cossu house." She said blushing at never seeing the girl before. She didn't need to mention her dorm again, because it would seem that they were in the same one. 'In my defence, the dorms and houses are very big, with there only being 3.' She thought to herself, trying to get herself out of feeling guilty.

As the walked, Amy caught sight of some of her friends and smiled and waved. Walking over, she hugged them and another crowd came out of another lesson. Pretty soon, she was surrounded by people, all her 'friends', when she suddenly remembered Nathalie. Pushing her way through the crowd, she grabbed Nathalie's hand and took her back into the center of the babble for a bit. "Guys, this is Nathalie." She said smiling to her friends, willing them to be nice to her. "Nathalie, this is Lucy, Sarah, Laura and Ashley." She introduced Nathalie to the main girls around her, her best friends.

OOC: No, i didn't know either. I think we must have used the same website. :p But my computer crashed before i could check anything else out, so i will pretend we are in the same dorm but they are really big... is that ok??

"Oh... we're on the same house?" Nathalie said in a rather pathetic way as she realized that she and Amelia were actually from the said dorm. So that is where I heard those rumors from... I really thought it's from the outside She thought to herself, feeling lightly embarrassed for not realizing everything sooner. "Sorry.. I really thought that you're from another dorm... jeez... it's because of the dorm's sizes I guess..." Nathalie said with a sheepish smile, justifying her reason for not knowing that they were of the same house.

Nathalie watched as Amelia was surrounded by her friends, she felt rather isolated, being not needed as she was separated from her. She was about to bid her farewell and tell her that they'll talk later when Amelia grabbed her and introduced her to her friends. It was a rather surprising act but she really appreciate it. "Oh... hello..A pleasure meeting you.." She said politely to the group, doing a little curtsy and smiling in a very ladylike manner.

OOCOut of Character:
No, it's alright, I guess the other two are Papillonlisse- the house of Boden Sournois which is the house of purest blood. The other one was Ombrelune, The place for those of a keen mind.. :D

Amy smiled at Nathalie as she acknowledged her friends. She watched as she curtsied and heard a couple of her friends laugh quietly. 'If thats the way she wants to be introduced, then thats cool with me.' She thought to herself. Finally giving a friend another quick hug, she watched as they left, going to finish some homework and the crowd soon departed to other lessons. "Sorry about zat." She said, looking sheepishly at Nathalie and feeling bad that she had got so held up with them all. She smiled shyly and carried on walking. "Do you want to practise some silent spells?" She asked her, conscious that they were using precious homework time. Their latest study was to practise silent spells and she needed some more work. She stopped walking outside an empty classroom and hovered, waiting to see what Nathalie would think.

(OOC: I have emailed Nick and he said that i can make Amy a prefect so i will rp that in if thats ok with you...)

"no, it's alright with me.." Nathalie said, shaking her head a little as Amelia apologized for them being hold up a little. She really didn't mind it, it was great to meet lots of people after all. She then followed Amelia as she continued walking towards the school's interior. "Silent spells? Sure, I'd love to do that.. I need to get myself used to it.." Nathalie said with a smile, checking whether her wand was still on the place where she had put it before, namely, her hair. She then put it into her pockets and tired to remember what their professor had said about silent spells.

OOCOut of Character:
Sure, that's alright with me... anyways, sorry, this post is a little lame.. :D

Amy smiled her winning smile and led the way into the classroom. Taking out her wand, she decided to agree on spells before actually doing them. "Ok, disarming only, no curses, hexes or mean spells." She said, nodding at Nathalie. Expelliamus. She thought powerfully, willing it to come out of her wand. Expelliamus. She repeated in her head. She watched with satisfaction as the opposing wand wiggled but didn't do anything. At least she had a go and she knew that her mind power was working...

(OOC: Don't worry, mines worst :p )

Nathalie prepared and held out her wand in front of her, willing herself to focus so that she'll do the spell perfectly. "Sure.. I'll keep that in mind.." she said, smiling at Amelia as she ready her self and went into a defensive stance. She was trying to concentrate and to say the spell incantation in her mind, not in words, however, before she could even do anything, Amelia had moved quite fast, already disarming her. With a rather shy smile she bent down to pick her wand. "You're fast Amy.. that's great.." She said, preparing herself and resolving to do better the next time.

Amy blushed modestly. Well, not really modestly because she was really happy with herself and she knew that the words Nathalie just said were true, but still, she had to put on a modest expression nonetheless. Smiling at Nathalie, she gripped her wand, pointed it at a book on the shelf and willed herself to make it work. Wingardium Leviosa She thought, going slightly pink on her cheeks with the effort. But, it paid off and the book levitated. She was so busy mentally congratulating herself, she watched with dismay as it fell on the shelf again. Turning to Nathalie and shrugging. "Do you want a go now? Then we could try the shield charm silently." She suggested, feeling that it would be fun to do a harmless duel in silence. That would really impress their teachers. Holding out her wand ready, she turned to Nathalie, trying to figure out the spell that she would use.

Nathalie watched in amazement as Amelia continued practicing her silent spells. It was rather amusing to see her do it without muttering a single word. Feeling rather encouraged by Amelia's determination, Nathalie gripped her wand harder, willing herself to practice as well, and praying that she do it well. She was quite startled when Amelia had asked whether she would want to have a go as well. Nodding to affirm her question, Amelia went into the duel stance, she's on the offensive now, the thing that she was good at. She held the wand above her head and brought it swooshing down as she said the incantation on her mind. Stupefy", she knows the incantation to counter the said spell, it was ennarvate, she wondered whether Amelia knew that as well.

Amy panicked as a spell came towards her. "Protego." She yelled out loud and let the spell fly around the room. "Ennaravte." She said quietly, letting it finally disappear. "Wow." She said breathing heavily. "These silent spells really work. I had no idea what it was." She said slowly, her heart beating wildly. She had had to block it before she could remember the counter-spell because of her panicking. "Sorry." She muttered, realising that she had ruined Nathalie's go. "Have another go." She said quietly, preparing herself again. "Can we do silent blocking spells?" She asked as she took her blocking stance again. "Shall we just nicely duel then?" She asked, thinking how fun it would be for them both to be firing spells at the same time. Realising that this probably dangerous, she waited for Nathalie's reply.

"No, you don't need to apologize... it's alright.. it's actually more fun that way.." Nathalie said, shaking her head as Amelia apologize for countering her spell. She didn't mind it, it makes her adrenaline rush after all, not knowing what the other party would do, concentrating in order to perform the spell correctly, evrything made her feel more awesome that she had ever felt before. "Blocking spells? Sure then...let's duel fair and square..I'll do the offense.." She said as she took her offensive stance, holding her wand in front of her as she said the incantation on her mind. "Immobulus"

Amy nodded and took the defensive stance. Watching as a ray of light came out of Nathalie's wand, she tried to recognise the spell but watched as it came nearer and nearer. PROTEGO She commanded forcefully and watched as her shield appeared. Expelliamus! She thought again, EXPELLIAMUS. Letting the light fly out of her wand she waited for it to hit her target.

(OOC: Sorry for the terrible post....)

Nathalie watched Amelia intently, observing whether there is any flaw in her movement, whether she would somehow mutter the word, but she found none. As she stood there watching Amelia block of her spell, Nathalie quickly went into a defensive stance. She conjured the first spell that came to her mind. Finite incantatum. She had no idea what Amelia's spell is, so, that left her with no choice but to use that finite incantatum, a spell that stops any spell.

Waiting for the spell to hit, Amy realised that Nathalie had blocked it. Deciding to take her by surprise, she lowered her wand slightly but still let the thought process carry on. Stupefy. She thought to herself, wondering whether Nathalie would react in time.

Nathalie didn't lower her guard when Amelia lowered her wand, she knows all to well not to be too confident when she's in a duel, she knows that Amelia was probably just trying to attack her when she's off guard. "Ennarvate" She said in her mind, she's doing all the blockings, she needed to attack. "Incarcerous"

Amelia stood there, wondering where her spell had gone when she was suddenly hit by flying ropes that tied her up. Pointing her wand at them she started getting rid of them. Diffindo. Diffindo. Diffindo! She thought to herself waiting for them to loosen. Letting them fall away, she brought her wand up again, pointing it directly at Nathalie's face, feeling humiliated and angry now. Levicorpus. She thought to herself, wondering when they had started to use advanced 6th year spells. Amy had been taught them by her teacher and had thought that she was the only one, but it seemed not. She felt angry at Nathalie now, wondering what had made the girl use a dangerous spell, that if people didn't know how to stop it, could possibly strangle someone. One of her friend's cousin's had nearly choked to death by that spell and Amy felt strongly about its use. Realising that Nathalie didn't know this, she turned to look at her, her eyes still blazing and watching as her spell finally got her target.

(OOC: Sorry, i just thought that they should start being hit by the spells, otherwise it is a pointless duel.)

Nathalie didn't really know that the spell that she had used could possibly harm someone, not until he saw the ropes tying Amelia up. She didn't really intended to o that far. Nathalie was actually taught by a teacher how to do advance spells, even her father had taught him about that, therefore, using such spells was just normal for her, she had just forgotten that the one that she's dueling is not her sister, neither her father, it was actually a fellow student who may or may not know how to counter the spell that she had used. Luckily enough, Amelia seemed to be advance as well. He let her wand loose, forgetting that she was still in a duel, it was in a last second that she realized that Amelia had conjured a spell. Before she could even react, she was already hoisted on the air, dangling upside-down. She was already feeling a little faint, but she had enough energy to disable the charm, Liberacorpus She said in her mind, waiting to be in a normal position as she conjured another follow up spell, this one, is much simpler than the one that she had used, Expelliarmus

Amelia smiled as her spell hit the girl. She was busy watching the effects and suddenly noticed a spell flying towards her. Suddenly having a mental blockout of what spell she needed to block it, she ducked and let the spell hit the wall behind her. Turning around to see what had happened to it, she remembered she was in a duel so quickly thought of the first spell that came to her mind. Stupefy. She thought, watching as a jet of red light flew out of her wand and towards Nathalie. Waiting to see what would happen, she held her breath feeling bad at her original angry thoughts towards the girl.

Nathalie could feel the rush of adrenaline on her whole system, this was the first time that she did so for how many months that she had been at school. In front of her peers, she really can't act the way she wants, when they talk about duels, she can't comment every time they would say something wrong, oh how she wished that she could show them how strong and determined she was whenever she was in a duel. A confident smile appeared in Nathalie's face, she's in the loosing end, she knows that, yet, she cannot help but to feel really great, too great in fact that she wouldn't mind if she would get any bruise from this duel with Amelia. "Protego" She thought, dispelling the charm that she knew was coming at her. "Stupéfix" She then thought to herself, a french incantation of a stunning spell directed towards her opponent.

Amelia watched sadly as her spell was blocked. Bringing up her own wand, she raised the barrier. Protego She thought to herself, letting the shield appear and block the spell. Realising that it was her turn to duel, she paused looking at her watch and realising that they had been duelling for 30 minutes. Waving a hand up, she stopped the duel, walking away. "Lets have a break. Im fed up with duelling now, we are both too good." She said arrogantly, sitting down in a vacant chair that she had brought closer to her with a lazy swish of her wand. Relaxing back into the back of it, she smiled. Accio drink. She thought to herself, smiling as a butterbeer floated through the door and into her hand. Taking a sip of it, she smiled lazily and felt the relaxing sensation flood into her.

Nathalie nodded as Amelia told her that they should have a break. It was true though, they had been dueling for quite a long time. "You ARE good..." Nathalie said with a soft smile, sitting down on the vacant chair just across Amelia's. It was a really tiring yet satisfying duel, a first for Nathalie. " We're did you learn to be so good? I mean... well... you really are a difficult opponent.." She added with a laugh, summoning some water to herself. She needed to take a sip of it, or else, she would surely be dehydrated.

Amy shrugged the compliment away. She had done some extra practising and had managed to remember most spells that she would need. "Not really, i have just practised." She didn't want to mention that she had been able to charm an older student into helping her, but she had and had come away, even better than before or better than she could have imagined. Smiling again, she took another sip of her drink. Fiddling with her wand, she flicked it casually at a stack of books in the corner and watched them levitate and spin slowly around, under the control of her wand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back