Roses have thorns

Amelia smiled warily at the question. She didn't want to damage Nathalie's innocent style, so she just smiled and paused for a moment, trying to think how to phrase the question. "Well, he kind of was just dating me for looks. I detest boys that use girls for that." She said, throwing an element of the truth into the situation, but deciding not to go any further. "Anyway, please don't mention it to Jack, he doesn't know about that guy." She said, suddenly thinking if it would be a better idea to let Jack know and then get him to sort it out for her. But no, she wouldn't sink that low and he had gone now. Besides, she didn't want to be the cause of Jack getting hurt.

Nathalie frowned when she heard Amelia's answer, true enough, she could see why she had broken up with him, for just like Amy, Nathalie hated those who would use girls for trivial purpose as that. "He's despicable then, girls shouldn't be used like decorations." She said, a hint of annoyance in her voice. Smiling as she had tried to forget what was said, Nathalie had assured Amelia that she wouldn't tell Jack about what it was that she had just discovered. "I won't tell him Amy, it would be better if it was you who would tell him yourself."

Amy smiled at Nathalie's words. Nathalie probably didn't realise it, but her words were perfect for how Amy felt a few weeks ago. Smiling at the perfection of the statement, she shrugged at the next one. "I would, but he would get into a duel or something. Last time, he put the guy in St Mungo's until her managed to stop his temper. He was lucky last time, but i don't want to be the cause of him getting hurt." She said, a lump rising in her throat as she thought of how bad it would be if Jack was killed. She felt slightly queasy at the idea but smiled again at Nathalie, trying to push the idea away.

Nathalie had nodded in understanding as Amelia explained the reason why she cannot really bring herself to tell her cousin, she do understand her reason why, she just didn't want to bring anyone trouble. "You're lucky to have someone like him Amy." She said with a wistful smile, thinking how luck Amelia was to have this older brother figure like Jack. He sounds so protective after all, and Nathalie knew that it would be pretty interesting once she met him.

Amy just smiled and nodded. She knew that she was exceptionally lucky to have Jack, but sometimes it just felt as if it was equal. She had lost both of her parents now, and it almost felt righted that she had Jack, someone who took the big brother idea without any complaint. Even when Amy was angry at him, and ignored him, he carried on loving her like a brother and refused to allow her to go off into the world on her own as her own parents had. She twirled her wand around her fingers. "So, what will you wear when we go out?" She asked, changing the subject as she swallowed the lump in her throat. Fashion was a topic that she enjoyed talking about. Well, not as much as some girls, but in her opinion, it was worth talking about, especially with a friend.

Nathalie had had to pause for a bit as she tried to think about Amelia's question. Normally, she's not one to just let a conversation die away, yet, it seemed like Amelia was purposely steering it away from the subject that they were talking about earlier, and respecting her decision, she decided not to say anything about it. "I'm not exactly sure, but, is a dress appropriate for such an occasion?" Nathalie asked. Nathalie's mother, was in fact, a fashion consultant, and she equally shares the same love for fashion as her, yet, she can't quite get an idea of which clothes it was that would be appropriate for the place where she would be going in with Amy.

Amy smiled at the answer. She could just imagine it, them all at a pub, eating, drinking and dancing, and then Nathalie there, dressed in a dinner dress. She laughed slightly as the picture grew in her mind. "Well, it kind of depends on what sort of dress it is..." She started, thinking about the sort of dress she was wearing. It was red, and short, with a white outer rim. She knew already that Jack would scowl at her for wearing it, but she didn't care. It was a night out and she would enjoy it. He was with her, so what harm could come. He had also told her that he would bring a friend with him, this was the reason Amy had invited Nathalie. She didn't know who the friend would be yet, but had a few people in mind that she wouldn't mind meeting again. Smirking to herself at the idea again, she stopped laughing and turned serious again, ready to face Nathalie's answer.

Nathalie nodded in understanding as she heard what Amelia had said. Surely, she had a point, she can't wear a flowing long dress on a pub can she? And she cannot wear a dinner dress there as well, no, that's a big NO NO. "Well, this might be too much, but, can you help me choose a dress then?" She asked her now, smiling gratefully at her. She wouldn't want to look out of place once she and Amy had gone out, and so, what better could she do but to just ask Amelia's opinion, right?

Amy beamed at the suggestion, smiling at the idea of helping out with a fashion choice. "I would love to. Have you got any dresses with you?" She asked, unfolding her legs as if to get up to go and see them. She didn't really want to show her dress to Nathalie until the night, because she didn't want Nathalie to be under any pressure to get one like her. Amy didn't mind short dresses now and found them more appropriate in her situation. But, she didn't want Nathalie to have to lose her reputation or dignity because of the choice of outfit that Amy had chosen.

"Well, actually, I had few in my closet, maybe you could choose one which would be appropriate fro the place where we're going?" Nathalie said, her voice taking that unsure tone as she stood up as well, ready to return to their dorms. Of course, all her dresses were a bit too formal, but maybe, just maybe, there were a few that she could possibly use now.

Amy smiled as she recieved the offer she had been waiting for. Of course, for Nathalie, she would choose something of appropriate length, more than she could say about her own dress. Standing up, she waited for Nathalie to join her. "I would love to." She said, her mind already deep in thought about styles and colours that would suit Nathalie. Of course, being a half-veela, nearl everything worked well. But, Amy wanted Nathalie to make a good impression on Jack, so she would help her to the best of her ability.

(OOC: By the way, i have posted the topic so if you could reply that would be great :D thanks.... :) )

Nathalie smiled in appreciation as she heard what Amy had said, she was really grateful to have a friend like her, for usually, she can't really talk about fashion and the such with her other friends, deeming that it would just make them a bit insecure and well of course, she didn't want them to think like she was being vain. Walking towards her room, Nathalie pulled out varieties of clothes that she had, she actually had tons of dresses, but she hadn't used any of it since she had attended school.

Amy followed Nathalie into her room and watched as she got out some clothes. Wincing slightly at the idea of Nathalie going to the pub in some of them, she looked through them, holding them up against Nathalie to see what they looked like. About 20 minutes later, she found a greyish black one that looked of a reasonable length for Nathalie, and made her look very nice. Smiling with the idea, she held it up for Nathalie to see. "What do you think? Can you try it on?" She asked, wondering whether Nathalie would consent or whether it would be a surprise for the night like hers would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back