Roses have thorns

Nathalie Blanchard

Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4 Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Nathalie wasn't just a regular girl. Rather, she was special. A real lady and beautiful one at that. One wouldn't even realize that she was French if she hadn't the name Nathalie or had the beautiful eyes and skins of a European.

Speaking of those eyes, one couldn't believe how amazing they looked. Crystal green like the meadow on spring. She is beautiful, she had money, and her personality was amazing. Yet, she had always wanted more...to be liked more, to have more friends, for life to be more exciting. It was just always that way. She never bothered to ask herself why. She never took the time to stop and examine the reasons behind her needs. It had never been something she gave much if any thought about and really why would she? It was just something that had been...something that was apart of who she was. She never wanted normality. She had always wanted things over the top... the extraordinary...to be different but not strange… to stand out from the crowd but not to be ostracized. She always felt this uncontrollable need to be more then what she was inside. To be separate from the rest without being weird and she had never once questioned her feelings… until now.

As she stood on the edge of what seemed like nothing and everything at once that's all she could do. The rain hitting the top of her head, soaking her hair and running down onto her pale cheeks she felt herself at a lost... for the first time ever…

"You can't give us what we need..."

Her father's words echoed in her ears and pounded on her heart as relentlessly as the torrential rain around her. Her tears... real tears...not those superficial ones that she shed on an everyday basis when something didn't go her way, or when she got stuck after school on a detention! This was pain... an ache inside her chest traveling throughout her entire body. It was real...and she was confused.

She couldn't give them what they needed… but couldn't they see? Didn't they understand that she had already given them everything that she can… what more could there be?

Why?

Why would he say that? Why would he think that she wasn't enough? She had always wanted this... always wanted to please them.

Why?

Why did she? Why was she so enamored with the idea of being more than she is... having something different...

Without any answer to her question, Nathalie ran towards the gardens of Beauxbatons academy, careful so as to not let a soul see her, she cannot allow them to see her on that state. Wet from head to toe and eyes red from crying. No, she is a perfect lady and she can't risk to destroy that reputation of hers. With a very unstable run, she had finally arrived at the place, she chose to take shelter under the large elegant shed in the area, conjuring an air-dry charm. A charm that blows a rush of warm air from the castor's wand to dry herself. With a rather unladylike sigh, Nathalie sat one of the benches around her. She tries to think about what her father had told her, willing herself to just forget about it and to just apologize once her father had calmed down.

Amelia was leaving a classroom after a lecture from a professor about her sudden lack of appearing to lessons. Walking back to go and find her friends, she suddenly saw someone running past her, a few metres away. This girl looked slightly upset and it wasn't everyday that you saw someone running. She decided to change her course and followed the girl into the gardens. She watched as the girl, who was very wet, conjured an air-dry charm. She smiled and guessed that the girl was in her year.

Her hand went straight to her wand, protectively, unsure if this girl was a friend or would be a foe.

She was starting to get wet as well and so, following the idea, she muttered the charm over herself. There was a slight wind in the gardens and her beautiful hair was flowing behind her. Her eyes shining, she glided forward, sitting next to the girl on a bench. "Hello." She said softly, in her charming voice. Someone had told her once that she had the voice of a small choir. Imagining this in her head, she smiled and carried on talking. "Are you ok?" She asked, talking in English because she had been told that she needed to practise.

(OOC: Sorry for seeming vain, but someone suggested that i use Amy's part-veela ness more and increase her rp's with it in. :p )

</COLOR>
Nathalie turned albeit quickly to the source of the voice. She must admit, it was one that is very much unlike the voices that she had heard before, this one had more charm to it, more like angelic and dreamy if she may say so. Looking at the girl who had happened to intrude her solitude, Nathalie smiled to herself as she had recognized the girl. She was one who was popular in her year, what with her being part-veela and being very attractive. The girl doesn't know her at all probably, but Nathalie doesn't really give much care about that, she's to worried with her current problem to think about that at all. Finally snapping out of her thoughts, Nathalie tried to wipe away her tears and to muster her gentlest smile. People often told her that she smiles rather sweetly, and it is in this occasion that she knows that a smile is required. She cannot just cry in front of someone can she? Her reputation as a proper lady would be at stake then. "Hello to you too.." She replied, her voice cracking a little bit because of her crying, nevertheless, it wouldn't have been noticed by a not so observant person. It still has that dreamy feel about it after all. "Oh yes I am okay, there's no need to worry.." She then added, tucking her wand to her ears as some sort of hair accessory to prevent her long blonde hair from falling to her face. "You are Amelia aren't you? I have heard lots about you actually..my name's Nathalie" Nathalie said softly, careful so as to not appear weird or anything.​
<COLOR color="#000">

OOCOut of Character:
It's alright.. She's a part veela and it is only understandable that she's like that.. :D

Amelia smiled gently at the girl. Some people said that she didn't have a heart, but people crying made her feel sad and she was known to be sympathetic. As the girl spoke she smiled again, trying to encourage her to talk about what was the problem. She had seen the girl out and around the school, but had never taken the time to get to know her. Amelia had friends, boyfriends and people wrapped around her fingers, but she still felt a twinge of guilt when she realised that she didn't even know this girls name.

She watched her carefully as she said that she was ok. When her voice started to crack slightly, Amy decided that something was definitely wrong and raised her eyebrows. "You know, people don't normally cry when they are just 'ok.' Its either when they are very happy or sad. I am assuming that it is the latter, because you are on your own." She said this quickly, in French.

Watching as the girl tucked her wand behind her ears, Amy realised that she was actually very pretty. She had long, blonde hair. Something that Amy had always liked on people and although she knew that her hair was enhanced by her natural beauty, she had always secretly wanted hair like that.

She noticed that the girl knew who she was and guessed that she had also noticed Amy around school. Amy sighed, she knew what everyone that wasn't her friend thought of her. Pretty, snobby, arrogant and vain. But really, she had a nice side underneath. It was hidden deep underneath all the praise and complements of her, (which she treasured deeply,) but it was still there.

Returning from her thoughts back to the conversation, she replied as best as she could. "Please, call me Amy. Most people do. Your name is very pretty by the way, where does it come from?" She asked softly, almost whispering now. It was taking a bit of effort to remain nice and kind and complementing, but she was better at it on her own than in front of other people.

"I know that you may have heard horrible things about me." At this she paused, gritting her teeth at the rumours about her that had been spread by one of her old admirers. "But, please, tell me whats wrong. As the English say, 'A problem shared, is a problem halved." She smiled again, making sure that her posture was perfect and that her hair was still in perfect condition.

She looked at the girl again, "I won't tell anyone, i promise." She added quickly, not wanting Nathalie to think that she would start spreading rumours. That sort of thing intrigued some people that she knew, but from personal experience, she just knew that it was heartless and horrible. Even SHE wouldn't waste her time being purposefully horrible to someone innocent.

</COLOR>
Nathalie smiled wistfully as the girl talked. Normally, when she says that she was ok, people would just leave it at that, not even bothering on insisting that she share her problems with them. Nathalie does like it when they do that, however, having someone at your side trying to help you is also a great feeling if she may say so, it's a feeling that somehow makes her feel warm inside.

"Well, I must say that you are right.. you are pretty observant aren't you?" She said with a light laugh, speaking in French and looking with slight amusement at the girl. "Actually, I am on my own because I chose to, I can't have anyone see me like this..." She then continued, truth to be told, she wanted to be alone. She is a prim and perfect lady and she cannot allow anyone to see her crying, it is just too inappropriate in her opinion. Nevertheless, having Amelia with her is not bad either, she knows that she's not like her fake friends, she probably wouldn't tell on her.

Nathalie nodded in understanding as Amelia told her to call her Amy, she would do as she was told. "Alright, I'll call you Amy then, but honestly, I think that Amelia is such a beautiful name..." She said her voice a bit dreamy. She does like Amelia's name, it just have this certain ring to it that is very much different of the sound of her name. "Oh, my name? It means Christ's birth, I was born on the 25th day of December, thus, my mother named me like that.." She replied casually, remembering her mother which had made her feel a bit sad once again.

"Oh, not really horrible things, good ones actually, and besides, even though there were rude rumors going around, I don't believe it, it's not good to believe in nasty rumors until you see the person in flesh.." Nathalie said, waving her hands in front of her as she tried to get her point across. She does heard nasty rumors about the girl, but she prefers to ignore it. She's not one who would talk about people behind their backs after all.

Nathalie tried to decided whether she should tell the girl her problems, she was afraid to do it, not because she was afraid that she would spread rumors but because she doesn't really like talking about her family. Nevertheless, she deemed that it would be better to get out her frustration, that way, she would be able to return to her calm self. "You don't need to promise anything Amy, i trust you.." She said, smiling a little as she took a deep breath. "Actually, my problem is not that big of a deal... it's just that... I don't know what to do anymore.. my father.." She began, tears starting to build up on her eyes once again, however, she tried her best to stop it. "I don't know how I will be able to satisfy my father... it's kind of frustrating actually... he said that I cannot give them what they wanted..." She continued on, voice trailing a bit as she talked about her father. She didn't know if the girl had heard her over the constant sound of the pouring rain around them.​
<COLOR color="#000">

Amy smiled as she was called observant. She always noticed things, but to her it was strange to not notice certain things. Shrugging the compliment away, she smiled again. Listening as the girl told her that she couldn't let anyone see her crying Amy shook her head, disagreeing with this comment. "Of course you should let people see you when you are upset, if you only see someone at their best times, then you don't know the person properly. Its who the are when they are down that counts." She said slowly, trying to be comforting, but realising that as she spoke, she hardly ever liked people around her when she was sad and down.

"Born on Christmas day huh?" She asked smiling, "I always wondered whether it would be weird to get LOADS of presents on that day and hardly any through the year. Is it ok?" She asked, curious about this fact. "Good rumors about me?" She asked, with a disbelieving tone. These rumors would have probably been set up by her friends. Either that or Nathalie was lying to her.

The girl started to spill what her problem was so Amy paid more attention and leant forward slightly to hear what was being said over the noise of the rain. "Did you say your father?" She asked, wanting to check that she heard it right. "Well, im probably not the best person to talk to really. But i will listen if that helps." She said quickly, not wanting the girl to leave, but thinking about how bad her relationship with her parents was. She hadn't seen them for just under a year and they only rarely communicated by letters. She spent her holidays either at school or travelling around France, trying to avoid them.

She watched as the girl began to cry and tried to be sympathetic by putting her hand on the girl's shoulder. Personally, Amy was more of a 'grin and bear it' person than someone to cry, but she found that this resulted in pent up anger and frustration at everyone. Pulling her wand out of her pocket, she pointed it at the school. "Accio Firewiskey." She murmered, watching as a bottle flew out of her dormitory window. Smiling to herself because she knew this was forbidden as it was an alcoholic drink, she caught it swiftly.

"Here. It always helps me." She said, winking at the girl as she opened the bottle. "Go on." She encouraged, pushing the bottle into Nathalie's hand. Wondering what the reaction would be, she smiled encouragingly and hoped that Nathalie wouldn't tell on her. She knew that they weren't allowed it and had had it confiscated from her in her 2nd year. She had never been one to follow rules or guidlines and always tried to do her own thing. She was independent like that.

Nathalie smiled and shrug a little at Amelia's commentary. She does understand her point but she still believes that she cannot let anyone see her at that state. "Well, I do understand what you mean... but you see, it's not that I don't want them to see me like this, it's just that, I don't think that I can trust them... I don't know what they'll say if they see me like this, people admire me for being very prim and proper, and well, if they see me this way, I don't know what they'll think..." She said softly, smiling sadly at the thought.

Nathalie had to shake her head as Amelia asked what it is like to have her birthday on the Christmas day, truth to be told, she doesn't like it. "It is weird... actually, if I could change my birthday, I would, it's just that, when people give me presents, they would always say happy Christmas instead of happy birthday, it's kind of sad actually, they don't remember that it was also my birthday..." She said casually, smiling a little. "Hmm.. yes, there were few good rumors about you actually...." She then said as the girl asked about the good rumors. She noticed the disbelieving tone but she decided to shrug it off, she was telling the truth any way.

"Yes.. I did say that.." Nathalie replied in confirmation, understanding that it was really hard to hear what she was saying especially since the rain was getting much stronger. She didn't care if she had to repeat her self any way, the girl was doing her a favor by listening to her problems. "Just you being here and listening to me helps me already... it's a light feeling..." She said with an encouraging smile, assuring the girl that she doesn't mind it if she wasn't able to advise her about her problem. Being listened to suits her enough.

Nathalie felt really comfortable and grateful as the girl tried to comfort her. The nasty rumors about her says that she's uncaring, but for Nathalie, since she had met Amelia already, she could say that the rumors were just rumors, they hold no truth in them. She then turned a lttle, slightly startled when she heard Amelia summoning an alcoholic drink. It was forbidden to have something like that inside the school grounds after all.

"No, thank you...but I don't drink.." She declined as politely as she could. Nathalie hadn't have any experience with any alcoholic drinks just yet, and she's not planning to drink it on any occasion, not until she's on the right age. "Oh, but don't worry, I won't tell on you..." She then added, reassuring the girl that she's not going to report her to the professors.

Amy shrugged. "It doesn't matter. Its a great drink anyway. Im not an alcoholic by the way, i just drink it occasionally. Its really nice." She said, fastening the top on and making it hover in the air with her wand. She listened as the girl talked about her father and smiled. "Well, if you need to talk more, then just find me." She said, sensing that the conversation was coming to an end.

There was an awkward pause whilst Amy was trying to think of something to say. "Are you nervous about the exams next year?" She asked, wondering what this girl would want to talk about. Normally, when she was around her friends, they talked about new beauty products and hair stuff. Amy being a half-veela, hardly needed any of it so just sat there and listened, thinking about things. When she was around boys, they talked, normally trying to impress her or be nice so she felt at home talking about that sort of thing. But some people just weren't interested in things like that. She wasn't sure what sort of character Nathalie was yet, so she wasn't sure what she wanted to talk about.

Exams were always boring for Amy. She hardly needed to revise because she found she remembered things easily. It was just something about her really. She could pass easily without revising but if she wanted a good grade, then she normally needed to do a little bit of revision. She was thinking about the coming OWLs next year and how much stress the teachers would put them under, when she realised that Nathalie was talking again.

(OOC: Sorry for the change in subject, i just noticed that we were replying to a paragraph with a whole paragraph and hardly getting anywhere in the conversation. Do you know what i mean?)

Nathalie just smiled as Amelia fastened the cap of the alcoholic drink that she had just showed her. She felt grateful that she did it actually, in all honesty, she doesn't like the smell of alcohol. "I guess so... well, if you need someone to talk to, then I am here as well... I may not be of any great help, but I could probably help..." She replied with a sweet smile, thinking of anything that she could say.

Nathalie was brought out of her reverie when the girl asked her about the exams, she had forgotten about it actually. She was too busy impressing her father that she forgot that they were going to have a major exam on their next year. "Well, the exams... to tell the truth, I'm not really worried about it, I had actually forgotten that there's one..." She said nonchalantly, trying not to sound too arrogant or anything. Nathalie is always good with her studies, that is one thing that she is really proud of. She doesn't need to do anything for her to get high grades. She figures that she was just like that..."Lets' not talk about exams Amy.. they're pretty uninteresting if I may say so.." She then continued on, not wanting to talk about the exams. "Amy, if it's not a bother, what is it like? Being a part-veela I mean?" She asked out of curiosity, from what she had heard, the girl is part-veela, and she knows that it was really hard to be one. She wonders what it feels like to have everyone gawking at your beauty.

OOCOut of Character:
it's alright, I understand what you were trying to say.. :D

Amy shrugged at the answer. "Yeh i suppose. Exams are overrated." She explained quickly, expressing her opinion on it. She was please when Nathalie said that she didn't want to talk about exams. She started to think when she was asked about how life was being a part-veela. "Well," She started, trying to think what to say. "Well, i don't really know much different but i can kinda guess from seeing people." She explained before starting, not wanting to describe general life.

"Well, i mean you have admirers. I get a few letters a week from people i have met before. Wherever you go, there are always people looking, whatever you are doing. But its a laugh sometimes, especially when you're bored and there is some admirer around." She stopped, wondering if it was just her that enjoyed playing with a few people. "Um, i guess that it is easy to get to know people because they normally make the 'first move.' If you know what i mean. I have been on a lot of dates with people. The muggles are hilarious. They don't know whats hit them. I suppose they just guess that im just pretty." She paused, thinking about this last comment and thinking that even for her, it was slightly vain.

She didn't know how to put it. She enjoyed the power that it gave her and the guys certainly came in flocks, but there were some bad points. "Sometimes i get diconcerting looks from people. Thats a bit weird, but i suppose that because i have a wand, im not intimidated by them." She added, not wanting to make it seem all bad for magical people. "I have learnt to get used to it." She finished.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Nathalie listened attentively as Amelia talked about what it is like to be a part-veela, she can't get it whether she was enjoying it or not, but nevertheless, she guessed that life was pretty much hard for her. Being a part veela has its good sides and bad sides after all. "It's pretty hard isn't it? Having people look at you, not knowing whether their intentions are good or not.." Nathalie sated, thinking about the guys who would gawk at a girl just because of her physical appearance. "And from how I see it, some people are attracted to you because of what you look, it might get confusing sometimes, not knowing whether they wanted to talk to you because they think you are nice, or because they wanted something else..." She continued on. She had had those experience before. She may not be as beautiful as Amelia is but she does have her admirers. It gets a little frustrating sometimes, she cannot figure out who to trust.

"But you know, I think being beautiful has its good sides too..." Nathalie then said, smiling a little at the thought that flashed through her mind. "You can use it as a tool to make others work for you...." She said, completely aware that her statement was rather selfish and rude. She was just like that before, she would use her charm to make others do what she wants them to do, but she had changed already, she had lost her most important friend because of being like that.​
<i>
</i>

Amelia nodded. "Yeh, i know that people just talk to me because of how i look. But i only really like a few of them." She explained. She would talk to a lot of them, but she wouldn't ever get too close to them unless she knew that they appreciated her for her character and she liked them too. "You're beautiful too, you know, you probably have admirers." Coming from Amy, this was a huge compliment because she hardly ever praised people on their looks, seeing herself as superior to them. But to her, this girl was honestly pretty.

She smiled with a cheeky look and nodded as Nathalie said about using it for a tool. "Oh, believe me, i do. I shouldn't but i do. The muggles are the best. They act like zombies. It a reason why i don't have many 'enemies'. Oh yes, i have people who don't like me but they don't dare to cross me because i have people at my fingertips." She hadn't really said this out loud before, but it was the truth and she hoped that this girl would understand the real meaning behind the words.

Nathalie was really delighted to have someone like Amelia to talk to. At least, her mind had already drifted way form her problems. She was feeling really light at the moment, and she loves the feeling. "But it's pretty hard to know which of them has honest intentions no?" She said with glee, playing with the hem of her dress, She then looked a bit surprised as Amelia complimented her. Well, she had already been told that she is beautiful before, but hearing it from someone like Amelia was a great thing for her. "Thank you, you know, it's rather weird, it's different when I hear it from you.." She said, her head tilted a bit in an adorable manner as she muster a gentle smile.

She laughed as Amelia talked about how she uses her charm as a tool. It was a rather bad thing to do but it was rather entertaining if she may say so. "Hmm.. I understand the feeling... my friend had told me that they were like slaves, following every orders..." She said with a rather sweet tone, "It's inappropriate to do that, but one cannot resist it can you? I mean... I always say that I am letting them help because they want to, not because I'm ordering them..." She added, she had never really voiced out her opinion before, thinking that it was rather inappropriate for a lady like her to say. People expect that she is very polite and kind, however, she was really a far cry from that. She is kind yes, but not to the point that she's angelic.

Amelia shrugged. "I mean, they can be like slaves. But most of the time, they just want to impress you. I don't force them to do anything, they just do. I don't mind though." She said with a wink. "You know, i always thought of you as a prim and proper girl. Someone who did everything right, but i think you are changing that opinion. I like the new you." This was mainly the truth, because what she had heard about Nathalie was that she was prim and proper, but seemed different now. Almost daring. "Hey, what are you doing in the holidays?" She asked her, thinking about having a travelling companion.

"hmm.. can't blame them, and you can't blame yourself either.. it's a mutual thing I guess.. you get what you want, and they, on return, get the satisfaction for helping.." Nathalie stated with a smile, retuning the wink that Amelia had just given her. She felt really happy, being able to talk so casually with someone and not fearing that she'll get discovered. She wouldn't trade this moment for anything in the world.. This was actually the first time where in she was able to let go of the mask that she wears constantly when she's around her peers.

Nathalie giggled as Amelia told her how she was changing, se does understand why she had said that. "Oh, mostly, I am prim and proper... but it can get rather tiresome you know... "She said with a laugh, running a hand through her blond hair and straightening it out. "You know, I didn't really want to be known as someone who is rather elegant and proper, i didn't plan it to be that way, it just happened, and before I knew it, I can't back down anymore, everyone already thinks that I should always do the right things, even my family expects me to be a perfect lady.." She continued with a slight frown, feeling completely at ease with her companion. "The holidays? There's nothing to do actually... I don't know but my grandmother would probably try to instill some etiquettes and manners unto me..." She replied at Amelia's question. It was a routine, every time it is the holidays, she never really had any vacation at all, even at home, it is always studying, not about school matters but rather, about proper manners.

Amelia raised her eyebrows at Nathalie's holiday 'fun'. "Well, this year, im travelling to New Zealand. Would you like to join me?" She asked, wondering if it was Nathalie's type of thing. "So, your grandmother is trying to train you up into a perfect lady?" She asked, thinking that this was a high expectation for a 15 year old. "I would run away if i were you." She said this with a wide guess, thinking that Nathalie wouldn't ever do that thing. She would and she had though, that was how she ended up travelling every holiday, instead of going back to her parents.

Nathalie smiled at Amelia's reaction as she talked about her holiday. It was the usual reaction that she gets from anyone when she let them hear about her story. "New Zealand? Cool, of course I would love to go and join you there..." She replied, smiling giddily at Amy. "That is if my grandmother would allow me.." She then added with another frown, nevertheless, she feels optimistic that she would allow her, especially since it is Amelia whom she is going with, though her grandmother is already old and very strict, she likes it when her grand daughter's friends are beautiful, she had this strange belief that beautiful people are respectable and trustworthy.

"believe me, I do want to run away sometimes, but I figure that I can't, I'm an only child you see... so expectations are really on me..." She said with a rather disheartened laugh, looking at the already stopping rain around them. Lucky, she thought, at least she would have to try an air-dry charm once again, and besides, she hates the rain, it reminds her of sad things in life.

Amy smiled at her. "That would be great. Really great." She said, thinking how good it would be to have a travelling companion and someone to chat to and know to be with if she was lonely. "I ran away." She said quickly, before she knew what she was saying. "I ran away when i was 13." She added, "My parents still let me back, but thats why i spend my time here in the holidays." She explained. Many people had asked her, but Nathalie was the first person that she had admitted it to.

Nathalie almost lost her balance when she heard that Amelia had ran away from home. She didn't really expect to hear that from her. Well, yes, she does appear rather independent and like a free spirited person, but she didn't expect that she'll arrive to the point that she'll ran away from her house. "You did that?" She asked incredulously, not really knowing what to say. "You're 13? Well... this must sounded really weird... but that's... rather amazing.." She said with an awkward laugh, admiring the girl's courage for doing such a feat in such a very young age. Nathalie could never do something like that after all, she would be too afraid to even disappoint her father.

Amy nodded and shrugged. "Yeh, i suppose. But i didn't really think about it. I mean, i could do magic and i had money, so what more did i need?" She shrugged again. Pointing her wand at her window again, she muttered some words and watched as a few chocolate frogs came flying towards her. Catching them swiftly, with the accuracy of an improving seeker, she smiled and offered Nathalie one. "Sorry, i am just really hungry." She explained, ripping on open.

"But...well, do you miss them? You're parents I mean.." Nathalie inquired out of curiosity, she herself cannot really take it when she's away from her family without any communication at all. Yes, they were too strict, but she does love them very much. "No, it's okay.. you can do what you like to do.." She then said as she watched Amelia eating some chocolate frogs.

Amy shrugged. "Well, sort of. I mean, they are still my parents and all that, but i am used to it now. I send them letters, but i have sort of moved on, making my own way in life." She tried to explain, but she felt that she was doing a bad job of it, so she just sat there quietly, eating a frog.

"I understand... but, forgive me for saying this alright.. I feel bad for your parents.." Nathalie said softly, looking at Amelia with concern in her eyes. She doesn't know the reason why the girl had ran away from her home, but still, she feels quite sympathetic about her parents. Which parent would want their daughter to be away from them after all? Surely, there's no one like that.

OOCOut of Character:
sorry, this reply is kind of short.. :D

Amy shrugged. "My dad didn't mind. I was never close to him. My mum found it hard at first but is more interested in her job than me. They never made time for me anyway and were hardly ever at home. They were awful parents." She said this with a finishing tone, not wanting to discuss it further.

"If you say so..." Nathalie said with a nod. She didn't know what to say anymore, and besides, the girls doesn't seem to like to discuss the topic further. An awkward silence followed her statement. She does think that she and the girl were pretty much the same, but unlike the girl, she had no guts to run away from her home. "You know, my father, he's pretty much like your dad.. he's a very domineering man.. but I guess I'm not as strong as you are.. I couldn't ran away.." She said softly, watching the small droplets of rain with interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back