Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 16 Inch Rigid Ivy Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
ZORA AUGUSTA JACKSON
c6fdeee450bb8002e0f5e2b670eaa838.gif

BASIC INFO
on sunny days, i go out walking i end up on a tree-lined street
i look up at the gaps of sunlight. i miss you more than anything
ZORA Zora is a name chosen for the writer Zora Neale Hurston, a black writer and leader in the Harlem Renaissance. The meaning: dawn. Zora is a name of Arabic, Slavic, and African origins. Zora's parents chose this name because they felt that it was important to name their daughter after a strong Black woman who had done so much in her life though she had lived hundreds of years prior to Zora's birth.
AUGUSTA Augusta is a name that invokes thoughts of Roman emperors however, this name was chosen for Zora because of Augusta Savage, an artist born in the late 1800s. The meaning: great or magnificent. The name is of Slavic and Latin origins. Augusta was chosen due to Augusta Savage but also because Zora was born in August and it felt fated to her parents who had been looking at the artists sculptures when Zora's mother went into labour.
JACKSON Jackson is a common surname of Scottish, Irish, and English origin. The name is patronymic which has never felt right to either of Zora's parents so they put little care into their surnames. It is one of the world's most common surnames so there will be many Jackson's who Zora will meet who she will likely not be directly related to as the name means 'Son of Jack'.
BIRTHOn August 4, 2049 at 4:28pm Zora was born at her parent's home at the time in Melbourne, Australia. She was one week delayed and was a very healthy baby.
BIRTH CHART
Screen-Shot-2023-10-09-at-11-32-46-AM.png
RESIDENCE Although Zora is originally from Melbourne, Australia her family moved to the suburbs of Auckland, New Zealand a few months before her 10th birthday for no reason specifically except that her parents were no longer inspired by Melbourne apparently. Her family have a small 3 bedroom bungalow and Zora’s bedroom is 8ft x 9ft in size with many windows, which is why she does not mind much so she can grow plants. In her bedroom, she has stacks of books around the room. She does prefer the city to the suburbs but she knows better than to complain about the situation as there is nothing to be done. Zora’s bedroom often has clothes sitting on a chair unfolded but clean.
PARENTS Seraphina Jackson (nee Thomas) and Terrence Jackson. Both are artists in their own rights but not particularly financially successful. As they do have two children to support, Seraphina works part time as a waitress and Terrence works part time as a cashier. Zora loves her parents dearly although she does see how their finances impact her and has noticed it for most of her young life which she does wish wasn’t the case. She is equally emotionally close to her parents from their perspective but she feels the closest tie to her brother instead.
SIBLINGS She is the youngest of two children, both of whom have magical abilities which is to be expected due to their parentage. Her best friend truly is her brother. Basquiat is fifteen years old and is home schooled by their parents. He is vain, quiet, and collected. He brings a calmness to the Jackson children that Zora just does not have and seems to be most like their mother in the sense of personality.
WAND Knotted 16 inch Rigid Ivy Wand with Billywig Stinger Core.
EARLY EDUCATION Many magical children do get home schooled but Zora was homeschooled by her parents not just because of her magical ability but because they have a hard time trusting the government and the education system at all. They taught Zora many things that they claim would not be taught in school but neither of them were ever taught at an academy either.
MAGICAL EDUCATION Zora has recently begun school at Hogwarts New Zealand and was sorted into Hufflepuff. Classes have not yet begun so she does not know which subjects she will perform best in as of yet. Her parents had intended for Zora to be home schooled but she had fought tooth and nail until they agreed to let her begin school but it is certainly icy waters.
BLOOD STATUS Mixed blood: WORDS
APPEARANCE
my body is made up of crushed little stars and i'm not doing anything
i wanna see the whole world. i don't know how i'm going to pay rent
HEIGHT She is of average height for a girl of her age but she is very long-legged and both of her parents are tall so she expects that she will still have much more growth ahead of her.
WEIGHT Zora is average weight and height of a girl her age.
DRESS CODE Loose, boxy, second-hand, and casual. Most of Zora's clothes are ill-fitting because she has gotten them from either her mother or from Basquiat because her parents can hardly afford new clothing for her as she grows. Zora doesn't have a personal style because of this, at least not one anyone can see. She does try to wear the clothes she has instead of having them wear her but it is not always a possibility. She is rarely in skirts and dresses, simply because she feels self-conscious in them.
SKIN TONE Zora is a light-skinned black girl and both of her parents are bi-racial.
SKIN TYPE Zora has fairly clear skin as her brother has taught her how to take the best care of it she can and even will sometimes loan her his skin care products which he claims to buy at discounts.
HAIR STYLE AND COLOUR Zora has long 3A / 3B hair curls when she takes care of her hair but she often struggles to maintain it because it is quite a lot of work so her mother does her hair most often for her. She does also like to change her hair frequently. She has dark brown hair naturally and does not intend on dying her hair ever.
EYE COLOUR She has dark brown eyes that closely resemble her father's eye colour.
PIERCINGS At three years old, Zora's ear lobes were pieces and she wears small gold studs in them daily. She does want to get more ear piercings as she gets older but would have to save for it herself.
OTHER FEATURES Zora does not have any notable scars or birthmarks.
PERSONALITY
the world may call it a second chance, when i came back it was more of a
relapse anticipation's on the other line obsession called while you were out
VIRTUES
  • gentle:
  • imaginative:
  • earnest:
  • guileless:
  • obedient:
  • trustworthy:
  • word
  • word
  • word
  • word
VICES
  • pushover:
  • aimless:
  • word
  • word
  • word
  • word
  • word
  • word
  • word
  • word
MISCELLANEOUS
i don't want your pity, i just want somebody near me. guess i'm a coward,
i just want to feel alright and i know no one will save me i just need someone

ORIENTATIONS Zora has not considered what her romantic or sexual orientation is as of this point because she hasn't yet had a crush on anyone yet.
RELATIONSHIP STATUS Zora, being eleven currently, is not interested in relationships.
FIRST KISS She has not yet had her first concert.
INTERESTS AND HOBBIES
MINOR FEARS
BOGGART
PATRONUS
DEMENTOR
MIRROR OF ERISED In the Mirror of Erised, Zora would see herself standing with her parents and brother in noticeably better quality clothes, noticeably happy. She would see her family with what could be enough money to comfortably survive. She does not wish for richness for herself and her family, she just wishes for comfort. Additionally, she would see herself with a pet bat in her arms.
AMORTENTIA Zora is attracted to the following scents: ceremonial grade matcha, figs, freshly cleaned laundry, vetiver, freshly mown grass, cedar wood, coriander.
LANGUAGES Zora only speaks English though she does wish she spoke other languages.
ACCENT Zora's accent is notably Australian as she is from Melbourne originally.
Credits:
Coding is by Teigan and Anna. Altered by me. Lyrics are by Mitski. Birth Chart is from Astro-Charts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back