</i>
4692697.png

Name: Zara Kahukura Lovette
Pronunciation: zahr-ruh ka-hu-koo-rah love-ette
Name Meaning:
Zara: (Arabic) the retailer Princess; flower; to blossom
Kahukura: (Maori) Rainbow
Lovette: (French) Variant of Lovett; wolf cub; young wolf
Name Origin: Kahukura Williams was going to name her children. She didn't care how often her husband whined and nagged but this was going to be her decision. He got the powers, he got the magical creatures and the moving photographs. She was going to get her childrens' names. And so she had named thier first son Xavier, and when the couple found out some years later that they were to have a baby girl, Kahukura would be damned if she didn't get to name her too.

Of course, naming said child after a clothing store wasn't exactly the first thing on Kahukura's mind but it was a pretty name, was it not? And if anyone asked, the major clothing retailer was having just the best sale that week. It was the least that she could do... Er...

No. If anyone asked, she had done her research. And naming your baby girl after the pretty Hebrew name meaning "princess" was perfectly acceptable.
Nicknames: Zar (family, friends)

W E A R E N I N J A S W E A R E T U R T L E S
w e w i l l s a v e t h e d a y

Birthday: February 14th
Zodiac: Aquarius

</COLOR>
"The Aquarius-born people are humanitarians to the core. They are a progressive and modern lot. Broad-minded and creative, they are the real truth-seekers. Being affectionate and friendly by nature, the Aquarius-born are very attractive and popular. However, their frankness can cut both ways. Within limits it can be a positive quality, but when it borders on the insensitive, it can really hurt people and alienate them from their friends and loved ones. Besides, as they do not open up emotionally too soon, not many people can relate to them. So, though they may have many friends, not many of them will be close friends. Being unpredictable is another negative trait that works against them." (Creds)​
<i>
</i>

W E A R E S O M E D A Y G O N N A B E
t h e o n e s t o l e a d t h e w a y

Appearance:
Eyes: Zara has dark brown eyes, inherited from her mother's side of the family, much to her disappointment. She always found her father's grey eyes that seemed to change with the weather intriguing, and is forever jealous of her brother for inheriting this trait. This being so she likes her almond-shaped eyes more than anything else on her face; she thinks they make her look warm and inviting.
Face: Rather plain looking, Zara's self-conscious ways had started from an even younger age, much at the cause of her own mother, who taught her that looks often spoke more to a person's character than anything else, personality included. Although Zara's never been one to listen too closely to her mother's teachings, and made friends with everyone no matter how they looked. Even so, Zara was taught how to contour on her 10th birthday when her baby fat didn't seem to go away fast enough; her deft yet wobbly children's hands able to draw on a winged eyeliner if she so wished to look different. And well, sometimes she did. Rarely showing this weakness of hers, Zara lets her optimism distract her from any insecurities, and only in extreme moments of vulnerability may someone witness Zara belittling herself. One could last an entire friendship with the girl to never find this out; Zar doesn't like worrying anyone with her own troubles.
Hair: Chestnut wavy hair drapes Zara's face, although sometimes she holds it up in braids and buns; her mother had just about the time of her life teaching her some hair styles.
Skin: Although naturally astonishingly pale, the New Zealand sun does wonders, and a seemingly permanent tan seems to wrap Zara's body. Her body not quite yet experiencing that awkward (and excruciating) teenage phase, her skin's as smooth as a babe's (which makes sense because really, she is a babe... And by babe, I mean she is a literal baby not a babe because she is like 5 and that's wrong).
Somatotype: Ectomorphic

B R E A K O U T O F Y O U R S H E L L
a n d l e t s g o

Theme Song: We Are Ninjas (Pentatonix)
"Sure it's... old... but damn, it's cool."

4692906.png

Birth Place: Auckland, New Zealand
Birth Date: February 14th, 2030, 12:05 AM
Birth Weight: 6 lb
Conception/Manner of Birth: Zara is the aftermath of an eventful birthday evening; a surprise baby. Although unplanned, Zara was eagerly welcomed to the world with open arms. She was born at the local hospital in room 315, a striking five minute difference of what would've been a February 13th birthday. Although the possibility of being delivered a bit earlier was present, the nurses urged a delirious Kahukura to hold on, due to both superstitions of the baby being born on such a tabooed number, as well as for sake of the girl being born on Valentine's day. Of course, avoiding the "13" thing didn't work out too well- it ended up becoming Zara's favourite number.
First Words: "Xavy~" Zara's first words, were of course, for sake of cliché, her brother's nickname. Her brother always teases her mother with the story, who always said that she had gotten the short end of the stick when it came to Zara's firsts.
Class: Upper Middle Class, Half-blood

R I S I N G U P L I K E S T E A M
f r o m t h e s e w e r c a p

Sexual Orientation: Musical-sexual
Love Interests: "Yeah no thanks, I'm like 11. . . What a weird question"
Significant Other: "What did I just say? This stuff is boring, talk to me about the fun stuff!"

S O M E A N S O G R E E N
b e t t e r w a t c h y o u r b a c k

Accent/Dialect: New Zealand English
Laughter: Zara laughs hard. She has that kind of clutching-her-sides, eyes-crinkling-at-the-corners, breathless almost soundless laugh that's almost completely expressed through action and facial expression. It can either be contagious or annoying, depending on the person and the situation.
Pitch: Zara's voice is fairly high, and due to her loud volume at times can be squeaky. Not that Zara cares; she rather be loud than modulate herself (an example of her current immature ways as a child).
Vocal Type/Range: Zara is of course, a soprano. However, unlike when she talks, she adopts a quieter volume when she sings and tries to regulate herself as required. It can be easily said that Zara loves to sing; her father used to sing all the time around the house. Hums of wizard lullabies soothed her to sleep when she was younger, and sing-a-longs to wizarding classics entertained her as she grew older. Her range will likely mature in to one of a C4 to F6.
Volume: Loud when in good spirits, but Zara is perpetually in good spirits.

S L O W A N D S T E A D Y
d o e s n t w i n t h e r a c e

Primary Objective: Zara wants to become someone that her brother will be extremely proud of, and become a true master of the violin. Although not a squib, Xavier never was able to go to school. Growing up a violin prodigy with a bright future, a traumatizing incident left him too physically weak to properly perform his pieces or his magic, let alone attend school. However, Zara would always remember the night it all started, as she read him a bedtime story out of one of her own picture books (she couldn't quite read too well, so she made up stories that she thought matched the moving images). "Hey you lil sprog, will you do something for your older brother? Learn my instrument. Get mum to teach you. Become better than I ever was- and then play for me, like I did for you when we were younger." Then she nodded and his pinky laced with hers and Zara never needed an unbreakable vow to know that she wasn't going to break this promise.
Secondary Objective: At the moment, it's the fairly simple objective of changing the world. And sure, it might take some baby steps but Zara is confident that she'll get there one day.
Motivation: The thought of making her brother smile as brightly as he used to. The thought of shining so brightly she becomes a freaking constellation, and the thought of letting her music and her smile give that strength to others as well.
Strengths:
Musical Talents: Zara is really thoroughly great at the violin, and is fairly decent at the piano as well. With a more-than-decent voice to match and a love of performing, perhaps Zara was born for the stage. Her mother being a performer prior to Xavier's incident, it probably runs in her blood. Although not the virtuoso that her brother was in the making of becoming (so very very close in fact), she does have talent, and worked incredibly hard to get where she wanted to be. All for her brother of course; Zara never really has much patience for anything else.
Flying: Following her musical talents, Zara has a knack for flying. Maybe it's the lack of regard for her own safety or the sheer exhilaration she gets from flying high in the sky, but she's always loved flying. Never thought of it in any serious regard, but it's true that this hobby of hers improved her skills over the years.
Weaknesses:
Academic Endeavours: Although fast to pick up on new information, Zara's lack of attention hinders her in school. She has to be really engaged, and often she finds her muggle-schooling and home-schooling more tedious than enthralling.
Recklessness: It's not so much an abundance of courage as it is a lack of concern for consequences. Zara sure loves her adventures, which can lead to terrible accidents. With just flying alone she's broken various parts of her body a number of times... Needless to say the Lovette household has always been readily prepared with skele-gro. Her father says she'll grow out of it in time, but really, nobody's too sure about that.
Traumas: Xavier's incident affected Zara profoundly, even if she was maybe a bit too young to fully understand what had happened. Whatever it was, she was quick to let her positivity and optimism overtake her sorrow once her older brother told her that her tears would only make him feel worse. This event could be considered the crux of her ever-beaming face.
Worries: That she'll never amount to be a person as great as she's always thought she would become.
Soothers: Music, flying, spending time with her family (esp. Xavier)

S O Q U I C K S O S L I C K
t h e t h r i l l o f t h e c h a s e

Secrets: So far, nothing to hide.
Confidantes: Although never having the need for a confidante, one could bet it would be Xavier. Generally, Zara is quite open with her parents as well; they've only ever raised her with the utmost love and respect that they knew how to muster, so she was never afraid of telling her parents anything.
Soft Spots: Disabled persons, anyone who looks like they're having a really bad day.

T I M E H A S F I N A L L Y C O M E
f o r u s t o b e t h e g r e a t e s t

Musical Instruments: Violin, piano, vocal
Quirks: Very talkative, slurs speech when excited, often wears mismatched socks, finger-drummer, weird obsession with kiwis (it started out as a joke but then it just never stopped)
Dominant Hand: None! Probably Zara's weirdest quirk of all, she's ambidextrous.
Catchphrase: Although having no particular catchphrase, one can find Zara to often greet others in French, and emphasize her points by ending her sentences with "eh" and "y'know". As well, Zara is shown to enjoy employing a plethora of muggle idiomatic expressions. Although always inwardly claiming that it's just something her brother loved to do, it's true that Zara loves to use these idioms herself. Think of it as a bit of a guilty pleasure.
Autograph:

Zara's Signature said:

C A U S E H E R O E S A R E N T B O R N
t h e y r e c r e a t e d

MBTI Personality Type: ENFP-A

"ENFPs are both 'idea'-people and 'people'-people, who see everyone and everything as part of a cosmic whole. They want to both help and to be liked and admired by other people, on both an individual and a humanitarian level. This is rarely a problem for the ENFP, as they are outgoing and warm, and genuinely like people. Some ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality." (Creds)​
<i>
</i><COLOR color="#e4dedf">

Persona: "Reckless? Think I'm reckless, don't ye? Think you're a bit of a dag or somethin'! I'll have you know that recklessness is at the heart of every revolution and I, madam, am revolutionary!" A headstrong and defiant 9-year-old Zara tells her elementary school teacher, hands on hips and frown in place. What did she mean? What was she trying to get across? Details, details. Although equipped with a large vocabulary, Zara was never too sure how to utilize her weapons with any finesse. At least she thought she got her point across, whatever it was. And though Zara would later feel bad about the declaration and bashfully apologize (she never did like hurting feelings, though her teacher only found it amusing), she still thought she was right. Because Zara was out to change the world, although most might just interpret it as childlike energy. Which, to be fair, was partly true, but Zara always wanted to do something big. Muggle or magical, she didn't care, but she wanted to do something damn right revolutionary. Shake up the world with her musical talents, invent some cure, discover a new country, become the first ever teenage dragon-rider. . . Everything is reachable with a good mindset, and it's the same mindset that she likes to display to the world.

4693320.png

Accessories:
Violin Necklace: Zara can always be seen wearing her violin charm necklace, a golden diamond encrusted beauty passed down to her from her older brother (given to him by their mother, which he wore as a key chain). Although not a particularly careful person, she guards the necklace with her life, only ever taking it off when playing quidditch, for fear of it flying off in the heat of the game.
Let's get some shoes: Although she isn't the shopping fanatic her mother wanted her to be, she definitely shares her mother's love for shoes; the two would often put aside their differences in the spotting of just the perfect pair of kicks. And Zara would be lying if she didn't admit that she had maybe one too many pairs of Nikes stocked up in her closet (yes, it was absolutely necessary for her to get both the plain and floral-printed versions.)
Wardrobe: One would think clothes to be a reflection of character, but Zara only ever got to choose out her shoes as a child on occasion; she wasn't trusted to make any other reasonable decisions in regards to her daily attire. Which Zara begrudgingly accepts, as although her mother knew what was considered "trendy" and "fashionable", she thought that just by buying pastel-coloured clothes would she stop Zara from messing around and climbing up trees. And even Zara could admit that mud and baby pink did not mix well.

<FONT font="luna">L O N G B E F O R E
o u r d a y s b e g i n

Most Prized Possessions:
Xav (pronounced Zav):
Without a doubt, Zara's most prized possession is her violin. Hand-crafted and designed by a wizard musician whom her father once attended school with, it's a hand-painted beauty enchanted to grow with its owner. Zara takes deep care of her violin, and if anything were to happen to it Zara would be absolutely devastated.​
zave.png
Priscilla:
Zara's cat is also precious to her, albeit half the time her only receiving hisses as she tries to pet the creature. Although being a male persian chinchilla, he is named Priscilla due to his tendency to be "unbelievably prissy" as Zara put it. Most times, Zara and the feline are at odds. However, in those rare moments of vulnerability when Zara feels under the weather and is having trouble getting her thoughts to rest, one could bet Priscilla to curl up at her side, purring softly until she falls asleep.​
priscilla.png

4693330.png

IQ: 115: Zara was never exactly the best student in school. She was always the type to get those comments on her report card. "While Zara certainly has a lot of personality, and has shown potential with her learning endeavours, she doesn't put in the effort to apply herself in classes." Those comments. They aren't too far off either, as Zara would likely do a lot better in school if she weren't always distracted and unfocused. Her own talent comes through her music.
Known Languages:
English: Her native language, Zara is fluent in the language.
French: Her father's language, Zara had learnt french when she was very young and is now fluent in it, at least orally. She has trouble writing many of the words, so prefers to only communicate in English when writing.
Maori (Slight): Although her mother is one of few completely fluent Maori speakers, Zara was never able to sit put during her lessons as a younger child. While Zara often thought of french as a way to bond with her father, her mother was always aroung. As a result, although both her mother and brother are 100% fluent in Maori, Zara knows select phrases and words.

Lures:
Laughs: If Zara is extremely tempted or attracted to anything, it would be a nice laugh. Breathy laughs, melodic laughs, obtrusive laughs. . . She'll take them all with stride. Laughs are a sign of happiness, and happiness is always attractive. It comes from her father, who told her as such. not to mention that Zara always thought her father's laugh is one of the most comforting sounds in the world; to her, his laugh is the sound of home. Zara likes making people laugh almost as much as she likes hearing people laugh. Although she's not a very funny person, to be frank; sure she's excitable, but Zara's no comic.
As well, music is extremely alluring to Zara. She's always willing to drop whatever she's doing to jam out to a song she adores, or to practice one of her instruments.
Manias:
Violin: Zara's only big obsession has to be her need to get a piece perfect once she starts learning it on the violin. She will practice for hours on end if possible and permitted, and for one who doesn't worry about technicalities, it does seem rather out of character. But when she's playing, she often likes to remark that she no longer feels like regular Zara, but rather, the better version of herself. Zara often struggles with the perfect combination of emotion and technical perfection.

Memory: Fairly good long-term explicit memory, mediocre implicit memory.
Phobias:
Hemophobia: Zara is deathly afraid of blood, but not her own. Good thing too, she gets injured enough. It makes her feel a great deal of anxiety as she always recalls her brother's accident. However, it embarrasses her to admit as much so she just tries to avert her eyesight.
Savvies: Music-savvy, <insert hogwarts classes here> (TBD)
Ineptitudes: <insert hogwarts classes here> (TBD)
Temperament: Sanguine-Choleric

"The sanguine-choleric is the most extraverted of all the temperament combinations. With the addition of the choleric aspect, the optimistic, impulsive, fun-loving sanguine becomes more adept at follow-through, taking significant leadership roles, and juggling many projects without unduly sacrificing productivity. This temperament tends to be a happy combination of charm and decisiveness, creativity and analytical skill, friendliness and focus." (Creds)
<i>
</i>

W H A T E V E R Y H E R O N E E D S
i s a b i g o g r e a s y p i z z a

Hobbies: Violin, piano, singing, quidditch
Pet Peeves: The condescending and the conceited, negative attitudes

P I Z Z A P I Z Z A P I Z Z A P I Z Z A
p i z z a p i z z a p i z z a

Logical-Mathical: Zara likes to ignore possibilities, and thinks of logic as a sort of barrier. She'll try anything until she can't, and as such doesn't always rationalize her actions and decisions.
Spatial: Not to aid in her hyper ways, Zara is fairly clumsy. Her sense of surroundings and space seems to be rather off at times. It doesn't bother her though, and she doesn't mind getting some dirt on her knees; she can always just brush it off.
Linguistic: Zara is surprisingly well-spoken at first introduction, however that can quickly wear off as another becomes more familiarized with the chatterbox of a musician. If she's not talking her head off on some irrelevant topic, she'll probably be itching to play you a song. Escape while you can.
Kinaesthetic: From quidditch and her active ways, Zara is very aware of how she's moving and her different body parts; however, she still doesn't make much of an effort to take care of any of them.
Interpersonal: Zara likes making friends, and doesn't think she's a very hard person to become friends with someone. However, her ways might make her appear pushy at times though she's not aware of it, and she's fairly daft at any signs one gives to show they're uncomfortable.
Intrapersonal: Although Zara thinks she knows herself for all she is, as any child does, she still has a lot of learning and discovering for herself to do. If she were a novel, she would be a bildungsroman.
Naturalistic: Comfortable and adaptable in different settings.
Existential: "Why we're here? Well I don't know about you but I for sure am here to do something great. . . And to be a kickass violinist."

4693350.png

Average Grade:
Primary School: B-
Hogwarts: TBD
Education: Hogwarts (soon)
Extracurriculars: Violin, piano
Graduating Year 2048 (?)

Previous Education: Auckland Primary School (Ages 5 to 10)
Graduating Year 2041

Special Education: Private musical instruction from Kahukura Williams, a once thriving classical violinist, and also her mother.
Study Habits: Likes working late at night (only because she's not allowed out at night), loves listening to classical music while studying

K O W A B U N G A A A
h e r e w e g o c m o n

Learning Type: Auditory-Kinesthetic
Work Ethic: Is it super duper interesting? No? Will it aid in Zara's plans of world domination a successful future? Yes? Fine, she'll try to listen. See, Zara's ambitions do have some effect on her conscious. In fact, she plans to try and pull up her grades (at least in comparison to her primary school ones) at Hogwarts. It's just that she never found primary school particularly useful; her father did just fine without going to one, and she was sure she could do the same.

B R E A K O U T O F Y O U R S H E L L
a n d l e t s g o

<COLOR color="#DFE9FB">
<COLOR color="#FFD6E8">Allergies: Insect stings, causes weird rashes to show up everywhere. And although there are spells to prevent effects, Zara doesn't feel completely safe in the spring time unless she has her EpiPen with her; in fact, she doesn't feel safe at all without it. The last time she got stung she was very young and was out "adventuring" in the park by herself, trying to catch a butterfly in a jar for her brother.
Birthmarks: Zara has a single dimple on the left side of her mouth, as well as three small dots on her right pinky.
Blood Type: Type B
Diet: Zara eats pretty much everything, and has an especially colossal sweet tooth.
Exercise: Quidditch, whenever she has the time for it.
Hygiene: A hater of baths and a lover of "adventure", Zara has always been quite lax about her personal hygiene. However, under her parents' watchful eye, she's been taught to stay relatively clean; they would have a fit if she wasn't.
Posture: Excellent, as it must be for her to play the instruments that she does.
Somatotype: Ectomorphic (lean and delicate body build)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back