Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
hetrosexual
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2 Inch Sturdy Fir Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
</SIZE>

<SIZE size="50">Stefan wondered what was going on in Hogwarts. Everyone seemed happier.
He did not know if it was because of the end of exams, something he too was
happy about. The end of term, something he was not at all happy about, or if
it was something else entirely. Stefan was unsure as to how to ask anyone
what was going on. Thankfully, just sitting in the common room, meant that he
had picked up that there was a ball. Something that Stefan did not know what
it was was, and that it was coming up to Christmas. Stefan had no idea what
Christmas was. He'd never celebrated it before. Whatever it actually was.
Stefan had then taken to the library to actually find out what each was. And if
he was honest Stefan was worried, and annoyed. It wasn't really right for the
school's staff to assume that everyone knew about Christmas and Yuletide.
Stefan knew he would be part of a minority, and really the only reason that it
hadn't clicked that it was Christmas, was because he could not see the decorations
that had cropped up around the school. But Stefan didn't claim to know much
more about the event. He had figured out that the ball was a very formal occasion.
But on the day of the Ball, Stefan Archer could not find anything remotely smart.
He had dark jeans, well, what he thought were dark jeans, and a somewhat smart
blazer. But Stefan knew that it just wouldn't fit. It was then, that the Slytherin had
an idea.

Stefan Archer had a number of talents, and a number of things he kept hidden away.
One of these was the mask he owned. He had once found it in his mothers old stuff
one night when his father had passed out from the alcohol. Stefan had loved it at first
sight. And even when his father had beaten him up to hand it back Stefan had held
his ground and held on to it. And now, he had a chance to wear it. No one would after
the night would even know Stefan Archer had gone to the event. It seemed somewhat
full proof. And it gave Stefan little reason to dress smartly. So, he took the dark jeans
That were in fact black and a white t-shirt, On top of this Stefan wore a long black
cloak, that covered all his clothes and when he wore the hood up, nothing could really
been seen about him. The hood, made it very dark for Stefan, but he didn't mind. Stefan
put on the mask and stood in front of the mirror of the Dorm room. He was ready. He was
dateless, but all the better. Stefan stared at his barely visible reflection. (Barely visible to
him). One thing that the colourblindness caused Stefan to not see were his own blue
eyes. Bright and clear through the mask, which was a dark grey and black colour. But
Stefan knew none of this and it did not bother him either. He only paid attention to what
he actually saw. Wonder about the rest. But not much more. Stefan did have to admit, he
liked what he saw in the mirror. It made him smile. He could for the night be anyone.
He could for the night forget about the older boy. And the fact he returned to his
father the day after next. That his life would return to what it had been.Stefan sighed.
He took a deep breath and left the dorm room.

The yuleball was busy with people. People who looked round to the young Slytherin
as he walked past. He was dressed completely oppositely to the others. For one they
were all formal. And two most had colour, Which Stefan could not see. He ignored the
stares. And just kept walking. He blended into the great hall. It was somewhat nice. It
seemed like a very happy occasion, and Stefan was happy to watch from the sides
through the mask. He somewhat hoped to see someone he knew but the place was too
crowded. Stefan was content being alone. He just stood against the wall, quietly singing
along under his breath. A small smile upon the Slytherin's face.​

spin that record babe - - - - - -
2e49pp3.png

the final exasperated sigh that puffed out of karah's chest and lips had
occurred once her examinations had finished but since that time, not a
book had been opened in front of karah's lively green eyes. for karah
was only to have fun now that the disgusting thing called learning and
studying was over. there was not a person who hated studying more
than karah sapphire green, for she was not a bright person and there
were so many other things that interested her. what did interest the
first year, however, was dressing up and having fun, so she found
herself in a simple blue dress and heels and down in the great hall for
the yule tide celebration. now, karah didn't have a date and didn't
want one so she went on her own, thinking that she would meet up
with her friends there so that she may avoid affecting boys with the
charm she did not know how to control.

as karah walked in, her eyes, which were decorated only lightly with
mascara and eye shadow as her half-sister had taught her when she
had informed her about the ball. it seemed that lindsay and audrey
were both more knowledgeable about all of that stuff than she was
because karah's step-mother had not allowed her to use make up.
apparently, she was too young to enhance her appearance even a
little bit. then again, why did she need to? she was a veela after all.
wasn't she supposed to be inherently beautiful without even having to
put effort into her looks? well that didn't matter much to karah, because
she didn't aim to impress anybody. instead she just wanted to have fun
at the dance and maybe meet some new friends.

in the corner of karah's eye, she saw a boy dressed casually and she
perked an eyebrow up. perhaps he didn't get the memo, but it was a
formal attire event. however, that mattered not to karah nor did the
next thing she noticed about him. she was curious, though. why was
this boy wearing a mask? karah, not being the kind to beat around the
proverbial bush, went up and asked him flatly, "why are you wearing
a mask?"
a polite grin and a flutter of her eye lashes was usually
all karah needed to do to find out what she wanted, so that was what
she did.

TEMPLATE - me GRAPHIC - pookie at caution WORDS - 402 TAG - emzies

Stefan looked away from the crowd of people and to the table of food and
drink. He wondered if people actually stopped dancing to eat and drink. Or
if for one night a year all else stopped so people could just have fun. But it
seemed to Stefan that people who were alone tended to be at the food and
drinks table. Either waiting for people or hoping someone would ask them to
dance. Stefan did not know how to dance. This was the first time he had ever
seen live normal dancing, and it was odd. It seemed repetitive and long. And
it didn't leave much time to talk. But Stefan was just happy to sit at the side.
It was how he was generally most content. Just at the sidelines of everything
classes, events and just in corridors. Stefan knew how to blend in. He was sure
he knew, but since he did not see colour, it meant that he would never really
be sure. It was when he heard a person speak, that he drew his eyes back to
whatever was directly in front of him. A girl. Was standing in front of him. It
was not someone he knew. He was sure, but the room, to Stefan was pretty
dark, which was added to by the mask, meant that it was pretty hard to see
what her face really was like. It meant that the clear charms of the girl that
most would fall under, did not affect Stefan as much. From what he could tell
though was that the girl was pretty. "Why not." Stefan replied simply,
only meeting the girls eyes for a second then looking away.

Stefan Archer knew that to most, the mask would appear weird and silly, but
Stefan did not care. It was not as if they would recognise him after the dance.
He had hidden himself, and showing who he was to no one. Only his friends.
Friends he saw as often as Stefan could manage to leave his room. He was
still not used to the freedom he now had. "Why shouldn't I? It doesn't
make a difference. Does it annoy you?"
Stefan asked, only looking at the
girl every so often. Meeting her eyes for a second then looking back to the
floor. He wondered if the girl was just going to stand there, and reply or if
she was going to move along. He did not know much about the opposite sex.
He didn't know much about anything. So he assumed the girl would move
along, to no longer wonder about the mask he wore. Unless him wearing a
mask deeply affected the girl. But he highly doubted it. The girl seemed
independent. But then again, as Stefan thought about it, he didn't know the
girl at all. SO it was not his place to assume what she might do.​

Willow walked into the Yule Ball still smiling, loosing her friends at some point from the entrance to the hall to the inside of the hall
Everywhere she looked there was someone smiling, in fact it was an occasion where one cannot smile, it was one of those events that automatically brought a smile to your face. The Girls were looking pretty and the boys were looking smart, and even the professors which she thought was like the time back in the muggle world where she would see her muggle teachers casually dressed out and about in town and not in their 'school attire'. She waved to one of her professors who was standing near by.

Finding a table full of food, Willow made her way towards it and found a few cupcakes; Smiling she took a bright blue cupcake and shuffled her way to the side of the halls, so she doesn't get in the way of incoming students and dancers.
Eating her cupcake as best as she could without making a mess she noticed a hooded figure who was wearing a mask; Willow blinked at the person until she heard the voice. Smiling, because can remember the voices of whoever she made her way through various tables, until she stopped;

""Why shouldn't I? It doesn't make a difference. Does it annoy you?"

Willow raised an eyebrow, she can see from where she was standing that he was wearing a mask. She looked around the hall and could see everyone's smiling glowing faces and yet she couldn't see the persons face. She bit her lip, obviously they telling another person who asked why they were wearing a mask.

Determined to make it a good night for all parties, she approached the masked figure tentatively; "Stefan? Is that you?."

Stefan looked away from the girl as soon as he spoke. He did not bother to even see if
she was about to start speaking again. It was at this point that a second voice, one
slightly more familiar was now in his brain. He looked round and saw a girl, he recongised
but could not tell who it was. He could barely see in the darkness. And because of this
he regretted wearing a mask, it was somewhat silly. Since it made it impossible for him
to see, but Stefan ignored it, and just continued trying to figure out who the girl was.
He in the mean time, gave a small nod and smile to the girl. It was as he thought even
harder, that he realised who the girl was. Willow. "Willow, Hi." Stefan said, happy
he'd managed to remember her name, before it got overly awkward. "You look very
nice tonight."
Stefan knew it was the social norm in a situation like this to compliment
the girl who he actually knew, but as soon as he said it, he looked to the other. "As do
you. You both look very nice tonight."
Stefan said quickly, feeling embarrassed. Unaware
that due to the mask, and hood the girls would not see his cheeks redden in Embarrassment.

"How Have you been Willow? Oh, and I'm Stefan Archer." Stefan asked Willow, before
turning to the other girl and introducing himself to her. He wasn't very good at speaking to
more than one person at the one time. And this came through slightly. He was glad to see
Willow. It was odd, since they had only met once. But she was one of the few people he had
met that he had not yet told about the colourblindness. He didn't know why, but it had just
seemed better to not say anything to her. She had lost her own parents, and Stefan hadn't
wanted to talk about losing his mother and the fact he was colourblind. It would've been too
much. And Stefan wanted friends not people who would run away from him. Seeing a friend who
was completely clueless to his condition was good. It made him feel normal, and Stefan was
begging for normal. After all he was going back to his so called home. Where his father would
not hold back and all improvements that had been made would be destroyed. Stefan was not
looking forward to it. In his mind's eye he could see it already, and it made the hairs on his back
stand on ends. His fear was visible in his eyes. Very slightly, but it was there. "Going home for
the holidays?"
Stefan asked both girls.​

Willow's guess was right - it was Stefan.
Relaxing, she greeted him; "Cool mask Stefan, kinda wish this was like a Masquerade function." She looked over at the other girl, for some unknown reason, everything felt a little awkward.

She looked at Stefan and the girl, whatever happened was none of Willows business and Willow had no intention of intruding of whatever was happening, if she did Willow would be embarrassed if it turned out if the girl was his date. Although, from the looks of things - it just happened to be a curious student asking about his mask.

Willow blushed; "Why thank you Stefan...although, if truth be told, I feel a bit too formal, I mean. I'm only eleven. Willow gazed out to the pool of students, she could see girls in floaty, sparkly or short dresses and men in their dress robes or suits. It was a happy occasion.

She turned her attention to Stefan again; "How have I been? I'm fine, I kinda wish people would stop treating me or any other first years as easy targets, a few days ago an older slytherin kinda pushed me around in the dungeons" Willow remembered the incident, it wasn't exactly the happiest moment she has had at Hogwarts. "Nothing against Slytherin of course. She winked and listened to the idle chit chat around her, she noticed most first years didn't know what to do, and mostly stood around talking.
The talk of home was brought up and Willow shrugged; "My uncle said I could stay here if I wanted to just so I could explore a bit longer, but I might return home a few days before christmas."

spin that record babe - - - - - -
2e49pp3.png

karah had simply been curious, not annoyed, for it was not her business
and he was not her date and she assumed not anyone elses. "no, it does
not. i was just wondering if you were going to be playing a prank or
something that would make me not want to drink the punch."
living with
four older brothers, karah had been a victim of many pranks but she didn't
want to ruin her dress or get sick tonight. just as she had finished saying
that, a girl came towards the pair of strangers and karah perked an eyebrow
up. she looked vaguely familiar, perhaps they were in the same house but it
didn't matter to her. as the girl inquired if the masked boy was named 'stefan',
a rather unappealing name if you asked karah, she turned her head towards
him for the answer of this girl's question. he nodded and called her willow. that,
karah thought, is the name of a beatnik child. karah never failed to be overly
judgmental to strangers, but only due to the high rate in which she judged
herself.

as a compliment was thrown willow's way, karah thought that perhaps she
should leave. maybe they were each other's dates but then she too was
complimented and a red tinge grew in her freckled cheeks. as the boy
introduced himself, karah responded lightly, "nice to meet you, stefan. i'm
karah green."
well... technically karah was a love-green, right? in the matter
of surnames at this point and time in her young life, karah was uncertain.
meeting lindsay love had only made her knowledge feel like it was reality
even if she really looked like the woman who had raised her, rather than
the blonde veela who hadn't.

her thoughts quickly stopped on the subject of camile love when the girl...
willow said she felt too formal. "but it is nice to be someone who you are
not for even one day, correct?"
karah thought that this was what going
to the yule ball was what it was about. forgetting the outside world and
dressing up like it was nobody's business. she could only assume that this
was what stefan was doing with his mask, even if it hadn't worked on
willow.

as the pair of them were asked if they were going home for the holidays,
karah allowed willow to answer first before she nodded eagerly herself.
"i can't wait to be back in england with my brothers and parents. it's
been too long. don't you think? i mean i thought i wouldn't miss my
parents and that writing would be all i needed but you just can't replace
being with 'em."
karah smiled softly to the pair before asking, "what
about you? going home to see your family too?"
if karah had been
a smart person, she would have known that not everybody had families
and that it might be insensitive to assume so. but she was not, so she
waited for stefan archer's answer.

TEMPLATE - me GRAPHIC - pookie at caution WORDS - 502 TAG - emzies and missy

Stefan just nodded. He knew what it was like to be picked on. He had been punched in the
stomach for no reason by some older Gryffindor. He also had a rather nasty bruise on his
stomach, which meant that it hurt if he bent in a certain, but Stefan was careful. He knew
how to avoid making bruises hurt. Stefan nodded. He gave a little shrug to her Slytherin
comment, he was well aware that some Slytherins acted terrible. He gave a smile to Willow.
Knowing that he agreed with her. He smiled at the other girl, Karah too, feeling that he had
to since they were now 3. Stefan just nodded along, as both Willow and Karah talked about
what they were doing for the holidays. Stefan knew that since he had asked it, the question
would return to him, but it did not make him feel any less nervous about answering. He would
never say what actually happened in his family. Him and his dad. He could tell that Karah was
a little more excited to be going home, than Willow or himself was. Stefan would've happily
stayed longer. Stayed in the safer halls of Hogwarts than at home where his father controlled
everything. Stefan did not let the sigh which wanted to force itself out, happen. He wouldn't
show that he was actually dreading going back home.

"It's just me and my dad, so we're having a small Christmas." Stefan managed to get out.
He spoke softly, and his eyes stayed focused upon the floor. "I would much prefer to stay here.
It's not exactly interesting when it's just me and my dad."
Stefan slowed down as he finished
his sentence. He really didn't want to go home, but he could not see a way of getting out of
going home. Stefan sighed slightly. "What house are you in Karah?" As he asked this a song
he liked, one he had heard on the car ride to the train station at the start of term. He had no idea
who sang it, and he had only heard it the once, but it made him want to dance. Oldly enough. But
as he had two girls in front of him, and he was solo, he didn't want to, incase one felt left out. So
Stefan just listened. Wondering if James would turn up. "Do either you know the name of this song?"
Stefan felt that there was at least there was no harm in asking. For the colourblind boy knew unless
he found out who the song was by, he would most likely never hear it again. It annoyed Stefan
slightly, that he would most likely never hear the song again anyway. But, he wanted to know it.
He wanted to be able to name at least one song that he liked if ever asked. Stefan smiled at the
two girls. He was getting used to so much company at the one time.​

Kayden wandered into the Yule Ball slightly confused by everyone and everything going on around him. Never having been to any sort of party before this was something completely new for him. He looked around for his sister, but shook his head knowing he should find some friends instead. So, he began looking around for someone he knew, then he spotted Willow.

He had met Willow at the birthday party for Roze that Sarah invited him too. It seemed the few friend he had all knew each other, meaning Shiloh his other friend also knew the group and showed up at the party, where as he didn't really know any of them. Though he was sure Roze enjoyed the present his sister helped him pick out for the girl he didn't even know.

"Willow, Hi. It's me, uh, Kayden Night. You made the rainbow cake at Roze's birthday party and I was, um, there as well," he said becoming more and more awkard as he went on. He turned to the two people next to her next reconizing either of them and felt even more out of place at the ball then before.

Willow listened to the quiet conversation from Stefan Archer, Willow noticed he was a shy boy, she wasn't even sure if he was shy or if he was just hiding something that he didn't want to talk about, she noted that he only lived with his father and that he would prefer to stay at Hogwarts; "I can't help but agree, I'd rather stay here but my family wants me home for Christmas...it's not like I can argue...with them, about it." her voice trailed, for Willow it'll be her seventh year without her biological parents and she felt that she could really use some alone time, but she didn't want to disappoint her Aunt and Uncle and her cousin, after all they did take her under their wing and treated them as if she was their own.

Willow listened to the song, she didn't recognize it; "Sorry Stefan, I don't recognize it...maybe it's one of those Wizarding World songs." She shrugged and didn't take really notice of the music after that, she was still trying to adjust her self to the wizarding world, what it's supposed to be like if you were a wizard or a witch and what the expectations and the triumphs and lows of being able to use magic. She felt un-normal and yet privileged at the same time, un-normal because she didn't like to think that she was 'chosen' to have such an ability and privileged to even have the opportunity.

It was at that moment of pondering she noticed another boy coming towards their small group, she recognized him but the name wasn't familiar to her, after he introduced himself, she understood. "Oh Hi Kayden." She smiled at him, she felt the pinkish tinge flowing into her face, the Rainbow cake happened to be a great success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back