You're the Sun to My Shine

Ostensia Metzger

Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Ostensia held her her compact mirror up to her face as she peered into it closely to make sure that none of her make-up had smudged or anything. The last thing she ever wanted to do was end up looking bad if someone were to walk by and see her. At the end of the last year Ostensia decided that she really wanted to get to know those Glamorous girls and guy that everyone kept calling the Glam Squad. To her they seemed perfect and seemed to fit her love for fashion and clothing. She just thought they all looked like amazing people and wanted a way in or at least to be considered highly by them. Of course she sort of had no idea how to do that either. Her clothing was preppy, she was friendly, but she wasn't sure if that was enough to attract any of their attentions. With a small sigh Ostensia decided to leave the thought be because the more she thought about it the more it made her nervous that they wouldn't like her since she had no idea what they thought about Hufflepuffs. Osa's bright baby blue eyes met with her reflection in her compact mirror before she closed it shut gently and put it back into her brand new purse that she had purchased just before school had started. Actually it would be nice to have a friend other than her roommates but she wasn't going to complain because it was nice having anyone like her at all. Hopefully Isabella had made some friends too because Ostensia often felt bad for her sister. They shouldn't hang out all the time because sometimes siblings needed their space from one another, after this summer though Ostensia wasn't really sure how her sister was sometimes. Hearing a rustle her eyes re-landed back on her furry friend that she had also purchased before school started.

Pineapple was this really furry kitten that she immediately fell in love with at the pet store and had to buy her. It was probably because of her furry little ears or those gorgeous summer green eyes. Ostensia sure why she named the kitten pineapple either but thats what had come to mind first so she decided to name it that. As continued to watch the ball of fur mess around in the grass until,"Oh My God Pineapple! Don't eat the flowers!" Her cat decided to take a cute bite our of a nearby rose petal. Ostensia hurried over as quickly as she could in her heels and tried to untangle the cat from the Rosebush. To anyone lurking about who could see exactly what was going on probably was either confused or finding her shouts to be really weird. Why on earth was her cat eating the poor flowers anyways? Roses were such beautiful flowers and Ostensia liked the sweet smelling plants too much to let her kitten mutilate them.

Damian had had an interesting break, but over the past few months, he had changed his wardrobe. Because of that vile older Gryffindor that gave him a black eye and hurt him when he fell from that one spell, Damian had no longer been wearing the girlie clothing that he had long supported. Now, he was wearing common boy clothing, though the cost was nothing to be proud about, but his older brother could afford it easily. His clothing was nice and fashionable, and most of all, he enjoyed it. His nails were manicured but no longer French tip or anything of the sort. Damian loved his brother that swung both ways, or just one way now, but Damian was a little unsure of himself. Never had he crushed on a girl, nor had he crushed on a guy. His attitude was a little changed from before, as in a little quieter and he was not so bubbly but things would help in the end, he figured. Things always have a sunny side to them, naturally. The fourth year Gryffindor whom was also a seeker for the Quidditch team was glad to be back in Hogwarts, as he walked the halls. Naturally, some people stared. He was apart of the infamous Glam Squad, and now he was dressing differently yet his stylish tastes were still there. Damian was still himself, just dressing in his own gender now, a cute boy with his hair straightened down his back and his teal eyes the color of oceans sparkled with zeal.

To Damian, there was something that he wanted to do, but he did not know what it was just yet. He stopped in the Courtyard to think on where he wanted to go. Damian brushed his hair over his shoulders, and he smirked lightly at someone whom gave him an odd stare. He stuck his nose up in the air as if he biggest snob in the world, before he burst into laughter and shook his head. Damian went to the kitchens first and he got himself a chocolate ice cream gone as his niceness came into play when he got an ice cream very nicely and prepared very quickly without anyone giving him weird looks. Damian slipped out of the kitchens, loving the taste of cold chocolate on his tongue. He continued on to eat the ice cream while he walked around the ground floor of the castle. Then, he wanted to go outside. Damian slipped out past the courtyard and he walked out toward the rosebush for a good walk by the roses. A female voice filled his ears and what it sounded like was someone saying a fruit to stop eating the flowers. Damian followed the sound of the voice and he saw a girl, younger than him and he cocked his head to the side when he saw just what the pineapple was. A kitten. What it looked like was a cat eating the petals. Damian approached the girl with the ice cream and he smiled brightly, “Your kitten is cute, but correct me if I am wrong, I hear pineapple?” Damian gave the younger girl a smile, and he wondered if he had really heard right.

Ostensia stopped trying to get Pineapple out of the rosebush and turned her head to make eye contact with the person that spoke to her. It sounded like a boy so she couldn't really be sure about who it was. The moment her eyes locked onto the figure of the boy she immediately felt her cheeks flush a deep pink color, and her words become caught in her throat just as she tried to find something to say. She knew exactly who this boy was, as soon as she saw him she recognized him as the only male member of the Glam Squad. The young Hufflepuff didn't really know his name but she had seen him around plenty of times to recognize what he looked like, his outfit look a bit less girly then what she was used to seeing him wear around the halls though. He was so much more cute up close though, Ostensia couldn't help but notice that he had particularly nice skin for a boy his age. He must use some moisturizer or something because it looked flawless, hopefully the product that she used could even compare. Maybe if she kept him around long enough he would notice that she seemed to be potential Glam Squad material. Still she couldn't believe that he was actually here and talking. Once she processed his words Ostensia out her light pink tree before she resisted the urge to squeal out loud so she wouldn't potentially scare him off. Instead a girly giggle left her lips and the cutest smile took place on her lips, especially once Pineapple was able to find her way out of the bushes and far away it as she could possibly go while still being in her owners sight. "Teehee yeah, Pineapple's is my kittens name. She uh..really likes flowers?" Ostensia kneeled down to softly pet the kitten on the top of her furry little head before she re-straightened her body and giggled again. Hopefully he didn't think she was some weird idiot or something for being all giggly and girly like so, she had always been little miss sunshine and some people really hated it. Ostensia however didn't seem to find a single thing wrong with someone being happy and liking pink. Pineapple deiced to attack some of the grass instead of the flowers, which Ostensia was thankful for since she didn't feel like diving into the rose bush again, those thorns hurt.

One of her hands went up to mess with a strand of her hair, she was debating on whether she should keep talking and try to actually try and make friends with him or just go back to being shy and stuff. 'Might as well put myself out there, you can only get what you want in life if you try for it.' Ostensia figured by this point that she was going to run off or anything. Instead she was going to do what she did best around really cute boys or new friends, talk and talk, giggle, and if needed she would even use her cat. Ostensia brushed a rose petal off her shoulder before she bit her lip and returned her gaze back to Damian. "Hi, I'm Ostensia Romanes! I've seen you around the halls and stuff with those really Glammy girls and everything. I think it's so cool that you hang out with that group!" Ostensia told Damian sweetly as her polished fingernails dug into her cashmere sweater. Hopefully she didn't sound like an idiot for all of this. It was the truth because she did actually thing it was really cool and everything. Ostensia figured that more people needed to tell him that he was okay being the way he was and everything, there was probably more girls in the school that thought it was awesome too.

Damian watched the younger Hufflepuff blush a deep pink color upon her delicate skin. She seemed so sweet and innocent, and Damian liked that actually. Damian glanced down at the kitten named Pineapple and was amazed at such a weird name. What was more interesting than the cat named Pineapple was her interesting accent. And not to mention the fact that she had an interesting style too. Damian was thoroughly impressed with this younger girl. Damian nodded when she explained that her kitten was named Pineapple, and that she apparently really liked flowers. Damian likes flowers as well. He went to a rose bush and he bent down. His fingers brushed against petals and he plucked the head of the rose, and he cradled it into his hands. “Pineapple is a good kitten then, because flowers are awesome.” The red rose was perfectly intact in his hand, before he spread out his hands and the rose fell apart into small petals and floated upon the air before they landed on the ground softly and delicately. How life was like a rose, things look so perfectly and the aroma was sweet and divine, but in the end, things fell apart. Though he pictured the rose falling apart as death. Though he did not fear death as it was just something else in life. Damian gently brushed his hair over his shoulders and away from his smooth face.

He was about to turn and walk away thinking that he was going to mind his own business, but then the girl went out and introduced herself as Ostensia Romanes. He noticed how excited she was, and to which he responded with a broad smile of his own. Though it faltered a little when she spoke about that label that was given to him and his friends. “I am Damian Metzger, pleasure to meet you!” Damian was about to say that he did not see her around, but he thought that that would have been a little rude. Damian liked someone that was so girlie like many others but then again, some things were just not something that Damian liked. Damian was not sure what he liked though, not right now. He was far too young to want to date girls. “Glammy? You mean…Alyssa, Abbey and Ava? I don’t know what is so cool about hanging out with a group of friends like them but thanks!” Damian played with the sleeves of his shirt and he stated sadly, “Nia left the school, so we are all sad about her departure, but I hope to visit her soon!” Damian was excited about possibly seeing Nia again. Damian smiled brightly, unaware of just how well known he and his friends were. He was now a co-captain of the Gryffindor team. Shouldn’t people know of because of that reason, and not because of the older Slytherin girls?

Ostensia watched Damian interact with the flower that he had plucked from the rose bush and messed with it between his fingers. Then he brushed his hair way from his face and Ostensia smiled at him lightly. "Careful though, if she smells your ice cream your doomed. Oh..you like flowers do you? Thats really cool, I love flowers so much.. I wish I keep my own garden here though." Ostensia rubbed her cheek gently as she felt a little bit more courageous to advance a little bit closer to the boy and her kitten who had taken a liking to sniffing his shoes. He was already quite a bit taller than her but she figured that it was okay to be shorter than a boy was because her mommy had always been shorter than father had, from what she remembered at least. Her fingers grazed over one of red petals before she retracted her hand and snorted softly, she remember back when she was younger and used to care less about flowers other than the fact that they smelled good and were really soft, at least the petals were. Damian was a lot different and more like her than she thought he would have been, that made her feel a little better because she was afraid of getting made fun of by him or anyone else for that matter. "Oh your name's Damian!? I like that name...it's German isn't it? You sound like you have a German accent. I like it...it's cute! Ostensia had visited Germany before but never really heard someone speak English with the accent before so she had to admit that it was really cute and interesting to hear. She was used to just plain old English or Italian which was her native language. Maybe Damian would teach her some cool German words or something, it'd be cool to know something from a new language. Ostensia bit her lips, she didn't want to seem like she was annoying for being in his face like this, she was just a people person.

"Well I mean like, it's cool that you like to wear such cute clothes and accessory's and not care what others think about your love for fashion. You all seem so nice too, it'd probably be so much fun shopping with you guys. You even play Quidditch don't you? I think I saw you a few times...oh I'm sorry I should probably stop talking so much." Ostensia blushed when she realized that she was probably blabbing his ear off by constantly letting the words fly from her mouth. She was about to turn and maybe run away for feeling like an idiot but instead she squeaked out an ouch when she felt something bite her. Her bright blue eyes drifted down and saw Pineapple trying to destroy her exposed leg. She moved her leg back just to have Pineapple follow it and go after it again. Ostensia giggled again as she watched the kitten, she was so cute! It made her forget all about making a fool of herself in front of Damian like that.

Damian glanced down at Pineapple, and he took a mental note of her liking ice cream and his doom is she smelt it. He licked the ice cream goodness, and he knew it would not be long until he was crunching on the cone, which was the best part in Damian’s opinion, the best part when it was drenched in ice cream that is. “I do like flowers, but I cannot plant them. Maybe that is why the Herbology teacher does not like me very much.” Damian laughed softly, but he was still scared of that mean and emotionless professor. It scared him on how emotionless someone could actually be. Damian glanced down again to see that the kitten had taken a liking to his shoes. Damian did not mind because he liked his shoes too, so he and the kitten had that in common. Damian listened to the way the girl seemed to gush over his name and that it was German to go along with his German accent. He laughed and he blushed lightly. This was something that he was not used to, but he was sure liking it! Just to impress her a little more, Damian spoke in his native tongue, which sounded so much better than his English and more like music, “Oh, a cute girl speaks of my name and accent so radically, I am flattered!” Damian wondered what she would have to think of that. If she squealed like a fan girl, then Damian would have seen everything.

Damian had seen a lot in his times, and he also saw just how many girls fawned over Dietrich because he was a Quidditch star and he was what they called a hunk. But alas, his brother was more or less…gay. He was in love with Michael Drape, after all. Damain did not mind that in the least bit. Damian reverted back to English, “Yeah, it is German. My brother’s name is Dietrich, and we both come from Germany.” But Damian did a lot of traveling as well. But he never lost that accent of his and he was proud of his heritage actually. Now that was what Damian did like to hear. They seemed like nice girls, but there were so many others saying rude things to them, about them, and Damian had no idea why. He also noticed that she was a talker, which he did not mind because he too was a talker as well. When someone got him talking that is. “Yeah, that would be us. As for shopping, I think we are going to go baby clothes shopping or something. One of the girls is pregnant, and she is having a girl.” Damian gave a light shrug. Would it be bad if he said that he was excited over meeting that little one? Most might not like it, but Damian did not not like much anyway. Damian nodded and beamed, “Yeppers, I play Quidditch. I am the Seeker and Co-Captain this year. But don’t worry about talking so much. I love to talk!” Damian was so proud to be holding those titles. He bit down into his cone, and he savored every flavor that exploded upon his taste buds.

Ostensia was suddenly feeling hungry for some ice cream herself. A nice lemon sherbet ice cream cone would really hit the spot inside the Hufflepuff's stomach. She had skipped breakfast this morning and only had half a chicken-salad sandwich before she got tired of being indoors and headed out here. A perfectly maintained eyebrow raise at Damian when he told her about not being able to plant flowers. "Awh geez why can't you plant them? And to be honest I don't think Professor Styx really likes anyone so you shouldn't be worried. You seem to awesome to dislike anyways." She smiled softly at Damian before she pushed some of her wavy blonde hair away from her face and forced herself to resist the urge to giggle or anything. It wasn't until she actually got up close and spoke to him that she realized Damian was not only really cute but he was such a fun and likeable person too. She needed more friends like this! Ostensia had never had a boy as a friend before but at the same time not many of them were like this. For a moment Ostensia was almost wondering if he either had a girlfriend or he was gay or something. Not that she was interested in dating him, she thought at least. It was just something she felt like asking him later if they still got along ten or so minute's later. Ostensia had n ever had a boyfriend, never had that first kiss, never even held hands with a guy so she was very naive when it came to that stuff. When he spoke in what she could only assume was German a small squeal left her lips as she clapped her hands happily. She felt so weird but she liked it, it was fun and this was probably the most amount of fun she had experienced in a long time. "I have no idea what you said but that was sooo cute! I wish I could speak German! I only know Italian and English." Ostensia sort of wished that she knew what he had said to her in his native language. she always hated it when she couldn't understand what people were saying. Still she wasn't going to lie because she really thought it was that cute. It didn't help that Damian seemed like one of those kids that just constantly needed to be hugged because they were just that cute. Ostensia better resist the urge though because she didn't want to get slapped. Then again Damian looked too nice to slap anyone like that.

"Hmm the name Dietrich sounds familiar. But awwh, baby clothes are so cute! I wish I could go with you guys but..well I don't know any of them so that would be weird. As for Quidditch, I guess I will have to come to some of the games now so I can see you play! I never had a reason before." Ostensia and Damian probably looked like two hyperactive kids on sugar or something because of how they were talking and were so happy. Maybe after this she would get the confidence to come and ask one of the Glam Squad members if she could hang out with them, or ask Damian to bring her around someday. She just wanted to see what it was like. Just one day. After that they could all cast her aside, when she hoped Damian didn't but all the girls could. They probably gave amazing fashion advice here and there. "Hey..this may sound random but...can I give you a hug?" Ostensia couldn't believe she just asked that but she did and she couldn't really take it back either. The Hufflepuff was just a friendly person and she liked to hug and be friendly with people. He looked like he needed a hug anyways. Though what she wasn't sure of was whether or not he would actually want her to hug him.

Damian managed to finish off his ice cream with an alarming rate. Though it would come to bite him in the butt later. He did not mind the coldness that was giving him goosebumps right now anyway. He could live with them. He was wearing good clothing right now anyway. They would go away soon though, Damian had faith in at least. Damian had a full breakfast that morning, but he still loved the taste of ice cream, whether he were hungry or not. Damian blushed when she basically complimented him, and said that Professor Styx did not like anyone. That was a fact in itself. But he did not think he was that awesome. Just any other guy out there. “Oh, I lack the green thumb, as some would say. And thanks! I don’t think I am awesome. I’m not conceited,” Damian said with a smile upon his lips. Damian did not really know this girl, but he was in no way unfriendly. He would talk to anyone, without any judgment, without any bad way whatsoever. Damian watched her squeal when he had spoken German to her, more than likely flirting, but he was glad that she did not understand him. That would have really made her squeal about something, because he had called her cute and all. Damian just remained in his cool, collected composure as he continued to stand in her presence.

“Italian is beautiful, I think. English is a pain though. We are both bilingual, what do you know.” Well, now if he wanted to compliment her or something, he could just speak German and she would never know. It was tempting to do, but he would not do that really. Damian was too good of a person to do that. Unless he started to crush on her then he could romance her in German. The name Dietrich sounded familiar to her, but she did not talk about it much, to his relief. Thank Merlin, he would hate to deal with a fan girl of his. They were so annoying to him. Damian nodded, “That is true, it would be rather weird. Especially for Abbey cause she is well, hormonal and all, and probably does not like youngsters now that her Prefect status was taken from her.” Damain shrugged lightly. Damian was glad that she would give it a shot at coming to the games just to see him play. Damian raised an eyebrow when she asked to hug him. Damian liked hugs and all, but he did not know this girl. Damian laughed, “Random, yes. Weird, maybe. My answer? Yes.” Damian laughed and he was about to make the first move when his head started the throb. The ice cream he ate so fast gave him a massive headache. It hurt him like no other, and he stuck a hand to his head. This was so not cool! Damian groaned out loud, and he did not know what to do other than just wait it off.

Ostensia watched as he finished up his ice cream and smiled softly, now she really wanted some for later because that looked really good right now. Though she had half a mind to tell him to slow down before he gave himself a nasty brain-freeze, she decided not to though because she didn't want to see annoying. When Damian said that he wasn't very good at planting and lacked a green thumb, the Hufflepuff female cocked her head to the side. "Maybe sometime I could help you plant something? But dude you really are awesome, and you have like the cutest smile ever!" Ostensia liked it when guys had a really cute smile because then it made her want to smile too, it was like an automatic reaction for her these days. And Damian had one that could light up the city of Rome. Which was pretty good and had a lot of lights that would need to be lit up, still she thought he could do it. She had no idea why he wouldn't think or know that he was awesome, conceited or some people had a natural thing for being awesome. When he told her that he thought that Italian was beautiful she stopped to raise an eyebrow at him, he actually liked her language and that made her feel almost special. Deciding to humor him as well she tried to think of something to say to him in Italian she suddenly grinned when it came to mind. "I know, it's awesome to speak another language isn't it?" It had been awhile since Ostensia used Italian outside of her home and Italy so it felt good to use it again and not try to hide her accent so she could be understood more easily. Italian was supposed to be one of the most romantic languages in the world, but to those who spoke it every day it was no more romantic than any of the other languages. Ostensia would really like to learn German and French some day. Another soft and pretty smile made it's way onto her face, she liked having someone to hang out with and talk to. It even helped that he was a really cute guy too, wait until she told her twin sister about this later! Would Isabella be impressed?

"Oh well, it was a nice thought anyways. Maybe one day they'll ask me to be their friend too! What about that really tall blonde one? Does she like younger people?" Ostensia asked as she brushed some of her thick waves away from her face again, she knew there was actually quite a few blondes that hung out with him so maybe she needed to be more specific. Then again were all of them as tall as the one she was talking about, she couldn't just say the really pretty one either because to her they were all pretty. Since she didn't know them all but name all she would have to do it trust that Damian knew what she was talking about. When he confirmed that she could indeed give him a hug she didn't hesitate to bound forward and pretty much envelope in him in a semi-gentle hug tackle. Hopefully this didn't knock them over or anything because it was a little too late for her to notice that Damian was suffering from a brain-freeze.

Damian shrugged lightly and he pointed out, "Hey I don't like plants that much. I just admire the work afterward that I did not do." He laughed softly, making sure that his fingers were not sticky or anything from the ice cream. Thankfully it was not however. He did not like it when his hands or anything was sticky actually. He hated the sensation and just could not stand toddlers for being so sticky all the time as well. He had enough from his brother's wildness of having children so much. There was nothing he could do about his brother having kids though that has stopped now thankfully. Damian blushed lightly, "Um, thanks! I guess I do have a nice smile. I blame the Veela blood." Damian was not ashamed to admit what he was. What was there to be ashamed of after all? He liked being very pretty. Damian wondered why she would compliment on such a thing like his smile. Maybe she liked it? Well, she better get used to seeing it because he liked to smile and show the world that he was a happy kid for the most part. And when she spoke Italian, Damian could only laugh and wonder what she just said to him. It was amazing! He liked to hear that language a lot. "That is so awesome, you don't even know," Damian said, "Isn't Italian like the language for love? Is was that French? Either way, it is just awesome!" Damian wished that he could speak Italian like she could, but that would mean that they would have to teach each other.

Which could be arranged if she were interested. "Okay, I will cut you a deal, Ostensia. I will introduce you to the Glammies, and teach you a spot of German, if you teach me Italian. I am sure that Alyssa would love you, if that is the one you are talking about. Wait, yeah, that would be the tall one." Damian had to remember just who all was in the group of friends. Ever since Nia left, things just had been a little on the weird side. However what he was expecting would be a gentle hug backfired when she full on tackled him straight to the ground while he was fighting off a brain freeze. He landed straight on his bottom, more than likely taking her down with him. He groaned and he muttered, "Wow, you are a powerful one. I don't know what hurts the worst, my butt or my head from the brain freeze." Damian wondered just what he had missed when she said hug. Did Italian's think differently about hugs? Did they have to tackle someone to the ground all the time? Damian was just confused right now. He sat up a little bit, glad that the freeze was slowly leaving. Wow, that was really something!

"Hm, I should you my gardens sometime. They usually look really nice until someone destroys them. I've been thinking about going to plant something in the Forbidden forest but.." Ostensia trailed off hoping he understood what it was that she was saying at the end. She would love to go into the forest sometime and see what it was like inside but it had the name forbidden for a reason and she didn't want to get in trouble so early in her time at Hogwarts. Plus going in alone would be like a personal death wish because there was supposed to be a lot of bad creatures later. Plus didn't some student die here because of some animal attack or something? Ostensia caught Damian's blush and when he told her that it was the Veela blood she blinked at him for a moment, it took her a second to remember what they were but once she did she couldn't keep that smile hidden. So he was different in a really cool way. "I've never met anyone who has Veela blood before, thats so cool. Can you like..sparkle or anything? As for Italian being the language of love...well thats what everyone says but I have no idea." She shrugged her thin and tiny shoulders before she smiled again and tried to think more about how awesome it was for her to have met Damian today. Truly someone out there thought she deserved a little extra moment of happiness. Pineapple cooed and brushed against her legs gently as she circled around the two of them carefully. Either she was waiting for some more food or she was jealous over how much attention they were giving one another and not to her. Ostensia knelt down and gave her a quick scratch or two before she watched the cat bound off to the rosebush again, she must have been content with that. She was glad that her cat seemed to not mind the boy she was talking to right now. Would Isabella like him as well?

"OH GOSH REALLY?! You'd be the absolute coolest person in the world if you did that for me!" He couldn't really be willing to do such a nice thing for her would he? He was like the absolute sweetest person she had ever met and she had really only known him for less than an hour. She was also relieved that he said that Alyssa would probably love her because she needed to impress all of them. If Damian liked her then maybe Alyssa would like her, and Abbey, and all the others in that group. She wanted to win them over and hang out with them. Ostensia couldn't thank Damian enough for helping her with this. Her hug had ended up knocking them both into the ground, well she was mostly cushioned by Damian but it was still a rough landing. She sat up and moved over so she wasn't squishing the poor boy. Her fingers brushed some of her hair away as she tried to make sure that she hadn't messed up her hair or anything, her blue eyes then shifted over to Damian before she gave him a half-smile. "Sorry I got really excited. I love hugs! I didn't hurt you too badly did I? Cause...I don't really know what makes a sore butt better Damian." Ostensia blushed a little as she thought about what she had just said. She was surprised how easily she could talk to someone like this because she had never pictures herself saying the word butt to someone. Ever.

Damian nodded and he spoke, “I would so not go into the Forbidden Forest to plant anything. Well, it is dark and scary, and then again, it is forbidden. And there are scary things in there from what I have heard.” Damian nodded and he tried to see why anyone would want to go in that blasted forest. Damian adjusted his position now on the ground and he groaned slightly. Oh boy, this was just perfect, he lost his balance and fell because he was not strong enough to support another human being. Damain sighed when Ostensia asked if he could sparkle or something. That was a first, but he did not mind it much. He shook his head and answered, “Well, no we cannot sparkle. We are just really pretty, like inhumanly pretty. I think it might be a little true, on the language of love.” Damian hoped that he could learn that one day, so that he could romance someone when someone actually catches his interest and get him into girls which none have done so far. He had made many female friends, and a few just were a little on the weird side. Damian thought that the weirdest of all was that Angela. Damian did not mind it, but he just simply preferred to be around someone that shared the same fashion and views as he did. And he also preferred if a girl did not wear so much black that it looked like she was going to a funeral, because that was just scary in itself.

A smile rose on his lips when she was about to explode from his good deed, though he thought that he was going to get the most out of it anyway. It meant seeing her again, and learning Italian! Damian could not wait himself. He was going to be enjoying it, and Damian shrugged lightly. He wanted to seem cool now. “I have heard that so many times, must say it has to be true that I am the coolest person in the world.” He laughed and he wondered if it were really true. Well, it could be true, that he was one of the coolest people at the school. He had a good reputation now anyway. Damain would love to just show Ostensia to his friends, and he would love to teach her German. Damian crossed his legs Indian style and he shrugged lightly. That was a good way to get to the ground anyway. Damian shook his head and he smiled, “Well, I have been through worse, trust me. Ostensia, I don’t know either but I am sure that it will fade like the brain freeze has.” Damain hoped that he was assuring her in some manner. It was amazing that she was so easy to talk to, then again, almost everyone was with Damian around. He had that aura around him where people wanted to be around him, to talk to him and just laugh with him. And those that did Damian could crack their shyness shell with a soft tap.

Ostensia heard Damian agree that is was dark and scary inside the forbidden forest. A soft sighed escaped her as she nodded her head gently, she should have been expecting that one. "I don't think it can be that bad inside that Forest, I mean aren't there supposed to be Unicorns in there? Unicorns are definitely not scary in my books." Ostensia didn't know why she was bothering to defend the spooky looking forest from what people said. Possibly because she just really wanted to go inside and felt the need to comfort herself from all the negative thoughts she had about it. Ostensia just didn't want to feel like an idiot, then again going into a place with scary monsters and stuff probably wasn't smart to begin with. It almost seemed that he was let down when she asked if Veela's could sparkle, now she was starting to feel bad about asking him such a question. It sounded like some of them were pretty enough to sparkle. Maybe it was just because they had sparkly clothing or something. She had no idea but it Osa was seriously under the impression that they sparkled. Damian explained it to her and she blinked the entire time as if she were being told the rules of living or something. "Well you are really cute so I guess thats true, sorry for asking if you sparkle. I just don't really know much about Veela's. Italian probably is but since I speak it I find nothing romantic about it." Ostensia bit the inside of her cheek. Italy wasn't even that much of a romantic and wonderful place to those who lived their all of their lives, why else would Ostensia beg to go to school in New Zealand? She was a little tired of Italy and times and really wanted to get out so she could experience more culture. Then again if speaking Italian would get her brownies points with impressing Damian's friends she wouldn't mind speaking it a little. Were any of them even from Italy? Damian was German, one of them was England, and she also knew that the really tall blonde one was from France or something. She just hoped that they had something in common with one another.

"You are cool, don't let people tell you otherwise. Their just jealous..or jerks. Probably a little bit of both you know." Ostensia didn't really have a lot of people being mean to her except a few older students who just disliked younger years or made fun of her because she was a 'leftover'. She didn't like being picked on and since it didn't happen to her often it always got her really upset when she was. Damian still seemed happy though, she was happy that he was keeping a good mood about all of this. It perked her mood right up just being around him. "Well hopefully next time I give you a hug, we both won't end up on the ground. Well if there's a next anyways." Damian didn't seem mad about her intense hug or anything so she assumed that he wasn't bothered if she gave him another one, maybe someday. Who knows after this they may never talk again or they may become best friends. She wasn't sure how things would work out for them or how her luck will hold. She hoped he wanted to friends but that would be asking a lot.

Damian did not like the Forbidden Forest at all. He thought it was far too much to handle, but sitting by the edge was nice. That is what Damian liked to do on occasion, if he were feeling brave that is. Otherwise, going in there was not on his list of fun things to do. Damian thought about what Ostensia had said, and he nodded at that. He had completely forgotten about those unicorns, “Unicorns are nice creatures, guess I forgot about them.” It was easy to forget about that animal because it really was not one of Damian’s favorites at all. He liked the grizzly bear actually. It was large and in charge. Damian just had a thing for that kind of animal. Damian smiled lightly when she apologized for asking if he sparkled. He had no idea where that idea came from, but he did not mind it really. He was not the type to really sparkle, and he was just pretty. Just inhumanly pretty. Damian blushed when he realized that she had called him cute. “Thanks. Veelas, I don’t know much about them either. Someone had to tell me that I was part, and then I asked my brother… But I see your point on the Italian thing. Same way with me and the German language I guess.” Though it was not the romantic language that everyone called it. In fact, he did not know what to call it.

“Probably – no definitely both. Jealous jerks is what they are,” Damian laughed softly and shrugged lightly. He did not care what those others thought. Let them put down others because it would just show how low and pathetic they really are. He was glad to be talking to someone that was almost like him. It made him feel whole. He adjusted his position on the ground, and he sprawled out with his arms folded behind his head. He stared out at the clouds and he wondered just how many galleons of water were in the sky right now. He was rarely this relaxed with someone, even a complete stranger. “I am sure that there will be plenty of hugs, not tackles, in the future so long as you stay the way you are now. Cause well, you are cool and all. And I like you to be a friend.” Damian was good on words, well, he could be when he wanted to. Now he seemed to be completely honest and he was a good guy. He hoped that she would see it too..

Ostensia heard Damian tell her that unicorns were nice but he had actually forgotten about them. She didn't know how anyone could forget about such a beautiful creature but then again, he was a boy so maybe he didn't like them as much. "What's your favorite animal then Damian?" He probably didn't like black bears very much either which were some of Ostensia's favorite animals. she really liked bears since oddly enough thats what her name meant in Italian. Little bear, or something close to it. Her parents were definitely not going to ever let her get a pet bear though. She didn't even know what they really ate other than fish, berries, and honey. Maybe that was all they ate. It wasn't likely that Hogwarts would let her keep one if she brought one with her, maybe soon she would get a cat. Just something to cuddle with. Bears weren't cuddly either but at least they were fuzzy. "Maybe you should find out more about them if you can, I think it's really cool. You have something that a lot of people in the world don't. It makes me a little jealous too actually, there's nothing really that special about me..." Ostensia shrugged her shoulders and bit her lip as she tried to think of something about her that no one else really had in the world. She did have a twin sister but it seemed like there was quite a few of those in the school. But it was also something she shared with her sister. Her blood status wasn't anything either. Blood had never mattered to Ostensia anyways. In the end they were still people and all had faults and strengths that gave them advantages and disadvantages in their lives.

"Do you get bullied a lot here?" Ostensia noticed that people who were different often got made fun of a lot. Then again there were also kids who were as normal as night and day and they were still bullied. It must just have something to do with who you interacted with and how nice of a person you were. Ostensia watched with a soft smile as Damian adjusted his position and laid sprawled out on the grass. It looked comfy but she didn't want to copy him. He told her that he would like to be friends and Ostensia had to resisted the urge to hug him again. "Y-you want to be my friend? Really? Oh gosh that would make me really happy..just..are you sure your other friends won't mind?" Ostensia asked him as she cocked her head to the side softly. Of course she didn't mind if there was people who didn't like her and she really wanted to be friends with Damian, but if his friends didn't like her she didn't want him getting in trouble with them.

“I really like the grizzly bear, because they are large and in charge!” Damian spoke with a rather loud smile on his face. It was loud because of the way he carried himself. Damian was not a fan of the other bears but he really liked the grizzly bear for unknown reasons. Some people did not need a reason to like an animal, but right now, he was really wanting to see one in person. It would have to be tame of course, or else it would eat his face! Damian would prefer to not have his face eaten by a bear. In fact, he would not want to have his face eaten by anything, period. That would be a terrible way to die, actually. Being eaten alive. Damian made himself not shudder at that thought but he managed to bring himself goosebumps instead. Damian was good at redirecting what he normally did and he could give himself goosebumps just by not shuddering in fear. Imagine that! Damian listened to what else Ostensia had to say and he liked hearing her speak. Her voice was nice to hear. “Well, some people don’t like it. I think I was beaten up once for being Veela, or whatever but that was last year. Now, being the Co-Captain, I am so the boss of him. Well, maybe we can think of something that makes you different from everyone in the world!” Damian hoped that he could because he did not want to make her jealous over something that was not even cool to him anyway. It was just something else to him. It just made him pretty, and well, Ostensia was rather pretty too. So, he thought that it was really not that big of a deal. Oh how humble that Damian was!

Was it obvious that he was once bullied? That black eye that he received surely did not leave a scar did it? Damian shook his head, “Just once. But karma is coming.” Damian snickered as he rocked his head from side to side. It was something he did from time to time. “I hope you aren’t bullied.” His teal eyes were as soft as the waves of the oceans as he stared at her. Damian nodded and he said, “I love to make friends. I love to talk and all. But if my other friends want to control who I like to be friends with, then they are not very good friends to begin with.” Damian did not like to be controlled, that was something that really just irked him off so much. He wondered if she was going to lay down as well, but maybe she was not one of those types of girls that liked the grass that much. The more he hung around her, the more that he wanted to be around her. Damian asked a question, and he thought that he should get a girl’s opinion on it anyhow, “Why do people around my age – or yours – find the need to always want to have a companion, like a girlfriend or boyfriend?” Damian thought about seeking out someone to have as a companion, but it sure was not his main goal.

Ostensia let her eyes grow wide in shock for a moment with how happy and loud Damian explained that he liked grizzly bears. He had very similar likes to her. "I really like bears too! My name even means 'little bear' in Italian! How cool is that?" Osa told Damian as she explained to him her love for bears. They liked they for different reasons but it seemed that it didn't matter because either way the bear was an amazing animal. Too bad they wouldn't allow either of them to keep one here or anything, maybe one day they would have to take a visit to a zoo or something to go and see one. Chances were slim that they would see one in the forest if they tried looking in there for one. Ostensia's thoughts on bears were shorted lived because then the topic of bullying came around and her eyes shifted to the ground for a moment before they drifted back to Damian. He told her that he was beaten up once for being a Veela and she really wanted to kick the person who had done that to the poor guy, though his plan of revenge sounded a little funny. Now he was the captain of that guys team and was the boss of him. It made her wish she had some way to stand up to her bullies like he was able to. "I can't believe someone beat you up. I'm so glad karma kicked in for you. Unfortunately I am a little bullied. Because I'm a Hufflepuff, a leftover! But eh, I try to ignore them." Ostensia told Damian as she turned a little red. It was a little hard to admit that she was bullied because she liked to make it seem like she was perfect and well loved by everyone. It was mostly the Slytherins who made her feel bad about being in Hufflepuff. It was the only thing they really had against her though. It wasn't like she was ugly and they didn't see to think her blood was an issue. After admitting this to Damian she felt a little better though, she just hoped that he wasn't going to judge her too harshly for being who she was and being a little ol Hufflepuff.

When Damian asked her why most people his age felt the need to always have a companion like a boyfriend or girlfriend Ostensia raised an eyebrow. This was a really hard question to think but at the same time something she remembered thinking herself at times. A part of her wanted to know why he was asking this but at the same she figured it was best not to ask. "Well, I think that if you feel really comfortable around a person, or really attracted to them. You want to be close to them as much as possible. Having them be your girlfriend or boyfriend allows you to be close to just that person and even be romantic with them. It just...I guess it's just something that makes people happy. To have feelings for someone and have those feelings returned is supposed to be amazing, I always see people smiling when they like someone." Ostensia explained as clearly as she could what she thought on it. It probably wasn't what everyone thought but it was her closest guess to why people wanted to be in relationships.

Damian almost gasped at how awesome that was about her name meaning little bear in Italian. That was really cool! "It is really cool! My name just means one that will subdue or tame others. And then there is my middle name that means that I rule by the spear. It is a little...too hardcore for someone like me." He shrugged lightly, and hoped that he would be one of those that will just continue to be a pacifist. Damian thought that he will always be a pacifist because of how nonviolent he has always been all of his life. He just hated violence, and he loved grizzly bears because they were just big and they let no one push over them. He wanted to be like a grizzly bear but he was too much of a pushover to really do anything about it. Damian laughed and he said, "Bad things happen to good people. But I don't think you are a leftover. Hufflepuffs are for the compassionate. They are also talented too so don't let them get to you at all!" Damian was too much of an optimist to really do anything about it. He liked looking on the brighter side of things. It made the world seem a lot better than it truly was. Perhaps not everyone was made of smiles and all, but he could bring a smile and he liked that feeling. Though he looked over the fact that she turned red. There was nothing to be ashamed of for being in Hufflepuff.

Damian listened to Ostensia's explanation on his rather unique question. He was just curious out of it. He slowly sat up and he smiled over at Ostenisa. The words spoke to him, and he thought about them. Damian stated, "Well, that is just silly. If you want something to make you happy, then just get sprinkles. But I think I am going to go for a while. I forgot I had an essay to do for a class. I'll catch you around, okay?" Damian leaned over and he kissed Ostensia on the cheek. He did this often when it came to female friends. It was a small sign of affection and he thought nothing of it. He slowly stood up and he gave Ostensia a charming smile and a wave. Then he turned and he left the rosebushes. He went up to the tower, and he noticed that he actually looked forward to meeting with Ostensia again to learn Italian and to introduce her to the Glam Squad. Now, he just went on to smile and walk his own way.

"Your name still sounds pretty awesome though." Ostensia did agree that his name sounded very hardcore for someone as sweet and cuddly as Damian seemed to be. But overall she liked his name because it was different and unique. Her own name was pretty unique too, though she once used to wish that she and her sister could switch names because Isabella sounded like a much more glamorous name than Ostensia did. Now she was much more used to it and tried to ignore how weird her name sounded sometimes. Especially when someone who didn't know how to pronounce her name, that was so funny to hear. For a moment the Hufflepuffs thoughts went back onto the bear subject. Whenever she thought of bears she used to think of honeycombs, and that made her want some honey. Her desire for the taste of honey grew and she decided that when her and Damian parted their ways she was going to find a fresh piece of bread or muffin and drizzle some honey over it to snack on, it would be so tasty! "Damian, I see now why you have so many girls as friends. Your so sweet, we need more guys like you out in the world. Thanks for sticking up for the Hufflepuffs, your like the first one outside of our house to do it." Her eyes darted away from him shyly to the rosebush that was right next to them. She had long since forgotten the real reason she had come here other than the fact that Pineapple was over here. He was curled on into a ball on the grass near Osa, probably sleeping. Her eyes drifted away from the flowers as she resisted the urge to pluck one of the petals off or anything.

Ostensia's blinked softly before she tried to respond to Damian's next statement. "What does buying sprinkles for anyone mat-oh!" At first she was confused about what he meant. But then she felt Damian kiss her cheek and she turned a hundred shades of deep red and forgot what she was going on about earlier. To her dismay she was left behind because Damian had to go and finish an essay. Once she was sure he was out of the way she grinned and look at her cat before she ambled over and picked the fluffy animal up. One thing was now for sure and the poor cat was probably going to here about it non-stop. Ostensia was pretty sure she was getting a silly little crush on the older boy. Too bad crushes were never really returned these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back