Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
Sapphire wondered in to the courtyard, barefoot. It was still pretty early for a Saturday, but she hadn't been able to fall asleep. After some tossing and turning she'd left her dorm, hoping a nice brisk walk might wake her up. She still wore her pajamas since she hadn't bothered stopping on her way out the dorm. The walk had got in her head and, as per her norm, it was all she thought about. Sometimes the way her mind worked annoyed her, but never for long. She yawned. Her long hair was still unbrushed, her giant dark green t-shirt fell off one of her shoulders and fell to her knees, and one of the black leggings she wore for pants had rolled halfway up her calf in her sleep.

Saph closed her eyes and took a deep breath, enjoying the feel of the crisp morning air. She didn't notice the other kid until she bumped into him. She stopped and blinked. Well, how rude. She looked up tiredly, not quite registering who it was.

Jacob hadn't been in the courtyard since, well since 'the incident.' That's how he had dubbed it in his head, preferring that to the other name that had crossed through his mind. He was still cautious when people spoke to him, more so than he'd been before. Jacob just didn't know when, or if, anyone would come up to him and say something bad about his parents. Thankfully, most of his fellow first years didn't seem to care who he was related to or didn't seem to hear when his surname was called out during roll call. He was happy about that. As he headed down to the Great Hall for breakfast- he was always up early on flying lesson day, Jacob took a detour into the space. This quiet, most of the school still asleep, the courtyard seemed peaceful, serene even, a far cry from the yelling and anger that had spewed during 'the incident.'

With his hands in his pockets, Jacob took in the space. Getting banged into in the school seemed to be becoming a quite common part of Jacob's life. He felt his shoulder nudge forward, throwing him forward a step where he was able to regain his bearings. "Hey!" he yelled out in shock as that all happened.

Sapphire blinked the sleep out of her eyes. This guy looked kinda familiar. It took her a minute to figure out why, but when she did she asked groggily, "Hold on, you're in my class sometimes... Aren't you?" She yawned, not sure she was actually awake enough to handle other people right now. "Sorry for bumping into you, I was a bit preoccupied."

She had lost her train of thought, so she wasn't quite sure what she had been preoccupied with. She ran a hand through her hair. Maybe she should see if there was food in the Great Hall yet.

Jacob shrugged his shoulders. He didn't know very many of the others who weren't Gryffindor, and he knew she wasn't one. "Maybe? I'm a first year" he admitted. "It's ok" he added with another shrug, mollified by her apology. Jacob took another look, but still didn't recognize her, not that he expected to.

"I'm Jacob" he added, wondering if she'd introduce herself or if he should be on his way. He liked to be first in on Saturdays because it meant he was one of the first out to be able to head to the pitch. And he wanted a good broom today since they'd be flying!

Sapphire nodded at the boys response. "Yeah, we have two classes together. I think. You're that loud Gryffindor. Sapphire, first year Slytherin. Sucker?" She held out one hand to shake his and reached into her pocket with the other to grab a treat. This was her favorite shirt because it had a giant pocket you didn't ever see right away.

She wondered briefly if it may be weird to offer candy to everyone she met- or if it was weird she always had candy with her. It might also be weird that she kept running into Gryffindors. And that she got along with them better than she did her fellow Slytherins. Maybe she hadn't talked to the right Slytherin yet.

Jacob made a face at being called loud. He was no louder than the rest of the Gryffindors and less loud than some. In his opinion anyway. Still, he shook her hand as she introduced herself, just as he'd been taught to from a young age. As she offered him some candy, Jacob shook his head. "Nah, I was just on my way to breakfast " he explained, visions of pancakes swimming in syrup running through his head.

"Oh, I think I have seen you!" he exclaimed suddenly. "You hang out with my roommate...Alkander, right?" he asked to confirm. He was pretty sure he was right. Jacob hadn't asked his roommate about it ever, mostly because he didn't think anything of it.

Sapphire wrinkled her nose when he turned down her candy. Right, breakfast first was probably a good idea. She started to put it back in her pocket when Jacob asked her about Alkander. She almost dropped her candy. She just couldn't seem to escape the stupid Salamander. She ran a hand through her hair. "Yeah, the dummy can't tell the difference between my table and yours. Now I can't seem to get rid of him."

Stuffing the treats into her pocket, Saph bit back a yawn. "I need some food before I fall back asleep. There seems to be an open spot at my table for stray Gryffindors. Want to grab some food with me?" She had a feeling if she wanted to make friends with this kid she should probably be awake enough to talk.

Jacob let out a laugh at her words, not expecting them at all. As she asked him to go eat breakfast with her at the Slytherin table, Jacob quickly nodded. So far, he'd eaten at the Gryffindor table, of course, and the Ravenclaw table when he'd been hanging out with Jacob Two. If he sat with Sapphire, he'd be two tables away from having sat at them all. "Ya, sure. I suppose I don't mind eating with a Snake if you don't mind eating with a lion " he grinned.

The eleven year old knew that some people were pretty serious about the house divisions, but his brother was in Slytherin and he'd wanted to be in that house, so it didn't bother him at all. "You ready for flying today?" he asked, wondering if she'd be awake enough for the lesson. Right now, he had his doubts. "Bet we get to fly some more" he added, making conversation.

Sapp nodded to herself when Jake took her invitation and started back towards the castle. His comment about the lion and the snake made her smile. "I suppose Salamander didn't tell you about the Chimera, then," She remember her first encounter with the other Gryffindor. "That's a lion and a snake, right?"

Saph woke up a bit when he brought up the flying lesson, smiling a little wider. "I hope we fly again. This whole "witch" thing is new to me, but I was super stoked to find out the broom thing wasn't just a silly story." She winked playfully a Jacob. "All I need now is a black cat and a pointy hat."

Jacob's eyes widened and then he shook his head. No, Alkander had not mentioned such a thing. He and the other first year Gryffindor didn't speak much, certainly not about their conversations with other people.

Brightening slightly, Jacob was intrigued by her even more now. "Are you a muggleborn then? My grandpa's a Muggle. I like visiting him" he added. " I think the only pointy hat you're going to see is the sorting one, I'm afraid. My mum has this really odd hat she wore to a dragon race once" he added with a small shrug.
OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the delay. My weekend was hectic.

OOCOut of Character:
Lol No worries, real life may not be as fun but it still must come first

Sapphire shrugged when Jacob asked her if she was muggleborn. "I dunno, never met my parents." It still didn't bug her, she was sure they were lovely enough people, but it was hard to miss what you never knew. Without thinking she pulled a sucker out of her pocket, unwrapping it and popping it in her mouth.

"I'm not the most academic person you'll ever meet, but I have to admit that most the time all... This," She gestured to the castle around them. "Is really pretty interesting, most the time."

And then he commented on the pointy hat, and she stopped dead in her tracks. "Hold it. Dragon race? Like... Actual dragons?"

"Oh" was all Jacob could say, embarrassed that he'd been so thoughtless. "Sorry." She didn't seem too bothered by it, at least, and they were able to continue on, listening as she spoke about the magical world. Jacob smiled as he listened, never having really thought about it. He'd been surrounded by magic his entire life but figured she felt about magic how he felt when he visited his grandpa or his uncle. They lived in the Muggle world, and he bombarded them with questions when he was in their world.

He was a step ahead of her before he realized she'd stopped, and he turned, a confused expression on his face though it disappeared when she spoke. With a grin, Jacob nodded. "Yea, it's the coolest! It can only happen really far from the Muggles" he explained. "My favorites are the Chinese Fireballs" he added, happy to talk dragons any day.

"There are different kinds of dragons? Are there really big ones? Really teeny tiny ones? Really sluggish like 'grrrrr' kinda... You gotta tell me everything you know!" Sapph's eyes sparkled, and she had completely forgotten everything else, she was so caught up with it. She knew she had to find out more. She practically bounced in place as she waited for Jacob to answer.

Jacob nodded his head. "Yea, a bunch. I'm pretty sure they're just all kinds of big. The Short Snouts have blue fire, and the horntails breathe fire and have a huge horn on their tail that they swing like beater bats. The fireballs have horns on their faces though. Isn't that cool?" It was too bad he wasn't home. One of his favorite books when he'd been a kid was one that mentioned a whole bunch of different dragons with pictures and everything. He'd have let Sapphire borrow it.

Sapph listened intently to what Jacob told her. Something about magical creatures had captivated her since she got here, and she couldn't figure out why. She grinned wickedly at Jacob as he finished talking. "This magic thing is so cool," She decided out loud. Her sapphire eyes sparkled at the boy. "You're probably used to it, so tell me. What personally excites you? Quidditch?"

"Dragons, can't you tell?" he grinned. Quidditch was a lot of fun too, and he fully expected to make the team at some point, but he wasn't planning on making a career out of it like his cousins planned to. Jacob was sure that they were both going to end up on teams just like Aunt Kiera and their father had been. Jacob hadn't ever met him but he knew their dad had been a really good quidditch player. As they headed for the Slytherin table, Jacob continued on. "Magic is really cool" he nodded.

Sapph was slightly distracted at this point, and she was trying to pay attention to Jacob. She really was. She decided Dragons were a good subject, so she stuck to that.

"I just can't help it, I find magical creatures so... Exciting. Alkander told me his uncle travels taking pictures of magical creatures out where they live- that just seems so awesome, you know? It's like the perfect job."

Her Sapphire eyes sparkled as she talked, and eventually she turned her happy smile to Jacob. "How bout you, Jackoby? Any jobs you would want to do?"

Jacob grinned as she spoke about magical creatures. "If you like magical creatures, you should tell your family to take you to one of the animal sanctuaries or zoos. My parents have a membership at one. We go all the time" he said with a grin. When she asked after jobs, Jacob shrugged. He was only a first year after all, so he hadnt put much thought into what he wanted to do after he finished with school. "I dunno yet. I know what I don't want to do more than what I do. I don't want to be a teacher or anything that requires a lot of reading " he added. "So No librarian, no magical law, booooring."

Sapph grimaced at the 'tell your family' comment. "Don't have one or I would. I think the orphanage I'm at is muggle-run so that would be pointless. But..." She thought a moment. "I'm pretty sure Alkander's family runs a zoo, maybe I can nag him into letting me tag along back to his place once the year is over." She grinned, deciding to go bother the salamander about it after breakfast.

Jacob then told her he didn't want to do anything with reading, so she thought a moment. "Well... What about an auror? Aren't they like wizard cops?"

Sapphire seemed to know an awful lot about Alkander. He kept his comments to himself but a small smile crossed his face as they finally entered the Great Hall. He would have to tease his roommate later and see if there really was anything there. Jacob shook his head. "Eh, not exactly" he stated with a small smile. She had a lot to learn about their world. "Our magical law enforcement are closer to police. They deal with domestic disputes, robberies, fights, and most crimes. Aurors only deal with anything related to dark magic and dark wizards. They deal with the worst of the worst" he explained, having learned the distinction over the years. It helped having a father who was in charge of them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back