You're a view

Abbigale Raven

OOC First Name
Teigs
Sexual Orientation
Very Conservative
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Griffin Feather
Abbigale Hayes was definitely in a good mood. She had finally moved everything into her new house and the kids were getting comfortable in their bedrooms. As far as Abbigale was concerned, her day was complete. Deciding that she could really go for some relaxation time, Abby waved her hand to lock up the house, as she didn't want her kids disturbing her and made her way outside to the Garden. Austiin had to come by and charm her house yet and she didn't want anything to happen to the twins until he'd done so. Abby wasn't as gifted with Charms as her brother was. She could do the basic ones, fireproof anti-burglary and the like, however he often stuck a couple of extra ones in there for her so that she didn't have to worry so much. After all, she was a single woman in a house alone with two kids. Were she a muggle, she'd have been terrified and who knew the kinds of things Dark Wizards and Witches got up to unsupervised, but they probably weren't good. Still, she liked living in Brightstone, as much as she kept telling people that she loved muggles and that they should try to be more like them, she couldn't actually see herself becoming emerged in their culture fully. She could never give up her magic for anyone. Abbigale had even started to use magic a lot more then she used to over the years. She wasn't entirely sure, but she thought it might have had something to do with Ciro. For many years, Abbigale had hated magic, mainly because she couldn't see that it had done anything good for her. She blamed magic for a lot of different things and so often tried to ignore it to spite everyone else. Recently however, she'd began to see the beauty of magic again. The thrill she would get as a student learning all those wonderful new spells and it was breathtaking. Really, it was all thanks to Ciro.

Abbigale would never admit it openly, but she knew for a fact that Ciro had opened her eyes, even if just a little bit. He meant a lot to her, she was sure he knew that, but she didn't think anything would come of it. She liked Ciro, in fact after these two years, she was sure she had even come to love Ciro, but she couldn't be sure, it felt different to how she had felt with Jasper. Perhaps what they'd had was never really love at all, but a necessity. After all, they'd accidentally gotten pregnant and they'd gotten married straight away mostly. Shaking her head, Abbigale waved her hand again and a small lounger appeared, complete with a glass of wine. It was a beautiful day and by Merlin she was going to enjoy it. With her hat on her head and a comfortable dress, Abbigale got to the task of relaxing. Emily and Nate could entertain themselves for a few hours whilst she napped and she was glad for it. She'd never have been able to do this otherwise. However, after a while, Abby noticed that the redness behind her eyes was now dulled to a greyish tinge, indicating that someone was in her light. She knew only that it was not her children and so she frowned, eyes still closed. "You're blocking my light." She told the person sternly. She had business to attend too and she couldn't do it without the sun.

Ciro had spent the first part of his holidays over in Italy with his family, and while he had planned only a short visit, it had been extended because of issues that had occurred, mostly because of his younger brothers. Gone were the days when young boys listened to their father and mother, and now Ciro found himself the disciplinarian, having to explain to his brother what he had done wrong, as if it were not already obvious. It made the wizard consider changing his stance on whether he would have children or not. They could be such a fuss to worry about, and if he ever had children that were anything like himself or his siblings, he would quickly be as bald as his father, and as ill as his mother. Then there was the issue that his younger brother would be having his own children, and that was possibly the worst thing Ciro could imagine. One was not even a pureblood, and to say the family was agitated would be an understatement. And yet, Jeremiah would not be thrown out of the family, as long as he never truly interacted with the child he had with a Miss Ai Edogawa. Seeing as he seemed determined to stay with the second one, who was a pureblood, his father saw fit to just pretend as if the first mishap never happened. Ciro was not sure he could have done the same, but it really was not his place to make the decision. What he was concerned about was the fact that Dante had just left the family, with absolutely no reason other than he felt it best. What that boy felt best was clearly not, and the least he could do was listen to reason. But thinking on these issues would keep Ciro in a sour mood for the rest of his holiday, and he would rather avoid that.

That was what brought Ciro to the home of Abbigale in the first place. Italy had triggered negative vibes, and drinking tea with his favourite woman would surely make him feel much better about everything. The weather was doing wonders for his mood, and he instantly brightened when he located Abbigale, lounging around with a glass of wine in the sun. At such an hour? Oh Abbigale. He rolled his eyes and stood in front of her, purposefully blocking her sun, and placed his small shoulder bag on the ground beside him. She spoke sternly, clearly not knowing that it was he who was blocking her 'light'. "Abbigale, I am your light," he responded, before plucking her wine from her, and swishing it gently. "Wine? At this hour? One would think you're an alcoholic, Abbigale," he added, drinking the entire contents of the wine, and exhaling happily. "Lovely."

Abbigale shot up out of her seat almost immediately when she realised who the voice belonged too, almost spilling the wine in her glass in the process. She shook her head slightly, placing her hand on her now racing heart. "Merlin, Ciro. Don't do that!" She told him, trying to calm herself. "You'll give me a heart attack." Sneaking up on her seemed to be doing him the world of wonders however, because he seemed to be quite pleased with himself. Abbigale made to grab her wine back when it was stolen from her, but did so halfheartedly. "Give me that, one shouldn't steal anothers drinks." However she was most annoyed when he, after calling her an alcoholic, proceeded to down the wine on his own and rather enjoy it in the process. "You go and do that and you're calling me an alcoholic." She rolled her eyes and snatched the glass out of his hand, tipping it over the grass dispelling it of the last dregs. She wasn't going to be seen to be so desperate for wine that she must survive in the scraps of someone else. Looking down at the bag he'd just placed on the ground, she raised an eyebrow at him and frowned. "I suppose you've tea in that bag of yours then, hm?" It wasn't really a question, though she phrased it as such. The man before her was as much addicted to tea as she was to her free time and coffee, though she seemed to be unable to enjoy her love when Ciro was about. It seemed to have become his life's mission to divest her of her beloved coffee and force tea into her soul. She didn't want tea, she wanted her bloody coffee! She needed it to live!

Calling her an alcoholic was only the latest on the list of things she was apparently labelled. She wasn't sure if he was trying to drive her away with these insults or endear himself to her and honestly, she wasn't sure which way it was going either. "If you are my light, then i must lead an extremely dim existence." She tossed him a sickenly sweet smile and slid off of her chair. Leaning down to pick up his bag, she opened it and riffled through it. "Just as I suspected, tea." She pulled out the bag of leaves and snorted at them. "Suppose you better whip some up. Or we could do it right now. Is there a particular spell you like to use?"
<i></i>

Stopping himself from bursting out laughing at Abbigale's expense was difficult, but necessary if he wanted to avoid upsetting her more than she already was, or being slapped, which he was sure she would not hesitate to do. Fortunately, she had not spilt the wine during her violent reaction, and removed his hand from covering his mouth and locked his hands behind his back, smiling down at her. She had been to slow to rescue her wine, however, and she seemed rather annoyed by his observation. He had been joking, naturally. "Abbigale, I am Italian. If I were not enjoying a little wine on a day such as this, it would look suspicious. You, however, are American. There are certain standards of conduct. You should be enjoying a burger, not drinking wine." He was purposefully stirring her, because while he had never truly witnessed her angry, he had seen her frequently annoyed. She was always more entertaining when a little annoyed, especially about trivial things.

His eyes followed hers to the bag by his foot, and yes, there was tea in there. There was always tea in there. He loved tea. He did, however, snort as she responded about the light, and rolled his eyes as she removed herself from the chair, taking a step back to give her plenty of room. With arms now on his chest, and looked down at Abbigale questioningly, and shook his head at her antics. Searching through anothers bag was such bad manners, for a woman that behaved in such a refined manner, most of the time, anyway. "Abbigale, how rude of you," he commented, shaking his head as she pulled out the tea in triumphant, however, he soon smiled slightly. "You mean, you actually want my tea? Not complaints? No snide remarks?"

Abbigale raised her eyebrow at Ciro as he spoke. She shook her head. He was being a prejudiced arse and he knew it. "Are you seriously holding the fact that I am American against me?" She hadn't even set foot in American since she was eighteen. She'd vowed never to go back there and she never had. Why was he being so judgemental now? She didn't think she had done anything wrong. "Just because you are Italian, that doesn't give you the right to be a d!ck." She moved out of the way and around him. She was sure he was fishing. He seemed to enjoy annoying her. "I know what you're doing, don't think that I can't see it." She really had half a mind to get angry at him. Ciro had never seen her truly angry. However she knew that she couldn't force herself into anger, apart from the obvious, she was not a pretty sight when angry and she rather hoped that Ciro wasn't eager to subject himself to her raw power when done so. Any remotely talented witch or wizard could blow up when angry, it just so happened that it was so rare for Abbigale to lose her temper that when she blew up, she tended to take bits of furniture with her. "I'll have you know, Mr Raven, that I do not even eat burgers. So, there." Oh yeah, great come back, Abbigale.

Abby continued to pull bits of tea out of the bag as she listened to Ciro talk. She smiled when he seemingly protested. "Anything that is in my house is my property, sorry." She winked at him over her shoulder. "Surely I mentioned that?" Well if she hadn't before, she had now, so he had no more excuses. She shrugged once he asked her about the tea and turned to face him. "Well... yeah. I mean, you came all this way. The least I can do is be hospitable." She smiled slightly and held the tea leaves out to him. The reason she never liked tea was mostly because it never seemed to taste right when she made it on her own. She didn't want to admit it, but she had a deepset feeling that Ciro's tea tasted better because he was so careful when he made it. Like watching an artist. "Make me some?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back