Young Love

Cato Rainsworth

Knowing that Cato would have to get on the water and get himself soaked up with the lakefront stream, Cato took off his shirt and went into the lake in his swimming suit. He took his wand and looked at the water lily's bud, he sniffed the aroma and smiled to himself, feeling satisfied that he had successfully planted a type of an aquatic flower. He swirled his wand around the water lily and watched it grow. The color was amazing, purple core guarded by yellow surrounding the heart of the flower, with the finishing touch of violet. He swirled his wand to some more buds and watched it grow. Too bad that not many people liked gardening, it's one of the most satisfying, relaxing hobby a person can have.

Peyton's day was getting worse. She had just received a letter from her dad stating that her allowance will be cut off for the rest of the month, it didn't said any reasons for the cut off but she knows that her brother had gone to their dad about what happened at the Quidditch pitch. Furious, the brunette head down to the lake to scream her heart out to the world or at least, the underwater creatures of the lake. Upon arriving, carrying her heels, Peyton frowned at the guy by the lakefront. She stopped dead on her tracks and looking around if they're the only people there. Confirmed that they're alone, she walked further more until the face looks familiar. "Cato?" Peyton called out. "What are you doing shirtless?" She asked, almost whispering like someone could catch them any minute now. All Peyton's problem were gone and her brain on him.

The water was getting a little bit too cold but Cato was enjoying so much of his time with the aquatic beauties. An unexpected voice called Cato, he glanced to the side and saw Peyton Baird. Cato stood up from bending down position and smiled at the girl. "Come here" he gestured for the blonde haired girl to come closer to the lake. "Do you like flowers?" Cato found flowers more beautiful than any women or veela the world can offer. He liked it so much that a lot of the students in school found him odd because he was into it instead of quidditch. "These are violet water lilies" he said still looking at the flowers, gently brushed his hand to the outer part of the flowers. He then sat on the lake, and looked up to the girl "Well what is miss Baird doing here on her own?" he shot the question back at her.

It was not illegal to swim in the lake but not many have attempt to do it. Although, Peyton think Cato wasn't there for leisure swimming. When the guy asked her to come where he was, the fourth year Gryffindor was surprised. Her heels was already off but her dress was another story. Peyton came to the edge of the lake, afraid he would splash her some water for fun. She didn't mind having fun as long as she's staying dry. Dipping her toes first, it gave a shiver down her spine and slowly but surely, Peyton's feet went into the water. "I do love flowers, yes. I make them as a flower crown." She answered the guy with a faint smile. It was an odd question coming from him. Peyton didn't know him too well but they're both in the Gryffindor house. It would be a plus for a guy if he likes flowers and not just because girls does and wanted to received them.

When Cato mentioned the lilies floating on the shallow edge of the lake, Peyton looked at it. Water lilies was on her top list of favorite flowers but Dahlia was the top one. It wasn't because it's her middle name or the meaning, it's because of how full and colorful the flower are. It was disappointing they're not good to cultivate in the Oceania part of the world as it does frost in the winter here. Her gaze from the lilies went to Cato when he just sat there, in the water and was asked yet again what she was doing there. "Well ... I was going to ..." Peyton trailed off, thinking if she should opt to lie about her intention why she was there or be real because it wasn't that embarrassing. "I was going for a swim. Yes, a swim indeed." She took the latter and lied. Moaning about having no allowance for a month is something people don't want to hear. Peyton walked back to the dry side of the lake and started stripping her dress, lucky to have a sheer under dress underneath all of these. It was a bit obvious she wasn't really there to swim because in no hell she will swim on her under dress.

Cato was mesmerized with the beauty of the water lilies, it was his first time growing them and boy was he proud of himself. He actually focused on the beauty of the floral a little too much that he began to forget that he had an accompany. He tilted to his side to reply on Peyton's response "Well not my water lilies" he splashed a little bit of water to the girl. Cato went up from the lake to put his wand for a swim. He was surprised to know that Peyton was really there to swim. He observed her facial expression, it seemed like something was bothering her. As much as Cato would like to mind his own business, he couldn't help but to ask if she was alright. "Peyton what's wrong?" he held her arm to stop her from walking away from the boy. The Gryffindor finally let go on Peyton's hand and took his jacket and placed it on her shoulder. "Come on, let's sit on the deck" Cato led the thirteen years old, again taking his wand with him. He went to the very end of the deck and sat, patting on the wood next to him, gesturing her to sit beside him. "I mean, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. We can talk about whatever you feel like, the weather is too nice to be sad" he tilted his head and smiled innocently at her. Cato playfully poked the girl by the nose and leaned back, looking at the hills across the lake.

Peyton was about to take a plunge onto the water when Cato got the best of her and asked what was wrong. She wants to ignore the question but he held her arm and that made her look at him. Peyton sighed and shook her head, maybe growing up rich does label her as a spoiled brat. She didn't really wanted to swim anyway, so when Cato placed his jacket on her, she thanked him and tightly cuddle with it. The Autumn wind was kind of chilly and just dipping her feet on the water was even the worst. As the Gryffindor guy found a deck, he invited her to sit down with him. Peyton followed suit and sat beside him. Cato didn't really pushed to question her more but isn't that how people push? By not pushing the question more?

The blonde Gryffindor girl wiggled her nose when he poked it. Peyton was silent for a minute, swinging her feet and looking at the water. But the Gryffindor can't handle it. "I hate my brother. I mean he's the reason why I'm here at Hogwarts. He's so ungrateful." She complained. There wasn't a lie on what she had just said. In frustration, Peyton just slump on the deck. "Dad's favorite kid cried about me humiliating him and my allowance was cut off for a month. I guess no Brightstone weekend for me." Peyton groaned and sat up again. "Am I that bad that I cry about not having money? I mean I can take the challenge but ..." Peyton had to stop fretting and looked at Cato, making sure her housemate isn't that turned off or something. "I'm so sorry. Are you having a good day so far?" Because as far as she knows, she's not having a good one.

Cato frowned at Peyton's complaint of her brother. He had never experienced such thing before but he could just imagine what it would be like to get his allowance completely cut off. "What if I take you on a date this weekend and pamper you like a princess?" Cato playfully nudged the girl as his skin brushed against the jacket that she was wearing. He smiled and closed his eyes, feeling the breeze blowing. He was getting a bit chilly as his pants wasnt completely dry. "Not having money sucks so don't you worry about crying over it, baby girl" he winked and moved closer to Peyton. He was getting a bit colder but the sun was up and he didn't really want to miss swimming before winter came. "My day? It's just me and these lilies, well now it's Cato, the lilies, and Peyton" Cato felt something in the air, it was like a chemistry between them two. A feeling that he had never felt before, sure he had girlfriends before in fact he was still seeing Darcy though he knew that she no longer had interest in him, vice versa. Peyton was somethig else, perhaps it was because he had known her for a while now and they've been friends ever since. Cato had just broken up with his ex girlfriend, Darcy Pratt. Not that Darcy wasn't enough for him but it seemed like Cato wasn't the right person for her. All these thoughts silenced Cato for a while. He shook his head and decided to tell Peyton about his current situation. "I've just broken up with Darcy Pratt, the third year Slytherin. She's a wonderful girl I must tell you. But we have never been in love with each other, you know." Cato sighed. But Peyton was different, he hoped that she wont run away from the fifth year. He had always been fond of her as a friend but they didn't get to spend much time together. But he could feel the vibe between them, he couldn't explain it.

The blonde girl was surprised at the offer Cato gave her but she wasn't sure if she should take the offer. A date with the guy I have a crush on? Yes! Peyton held her thoughts to herself and smiled. "Wouldn't that be a bother? Surely, you have better things to do than spend your time with me." although, deep inside she wanted to. Peyton turned fully to the Gryffindor guy, she studied his face. His eyes closed, Cato seems like an angel. Her hands started to moved to touch his face when he spoke suddenly and retrieved her hand away. Peyton chuckled at his comment, maybe she is a drama queen but the blonde Gryffindor is changing for the better. She's not at Koldovstoretz anymore, she didn't have to tell everyone who she was.

Though, Peyton noticed him getting closer. The girl sat closer to him and put the other shoulder of the jacket on him. A faint smile painted her lips. She could feel his cool skin which gave another shiver on her. "Why is it that every time I see you, you're always with your flowers? I mean I love them too." Now that she thought of it, another charity foundation was on her mind. A flower sanctuary for endangered flowers? Maybe Cato would love the idea. But the next discussion was off topic all of a sudden, Peyton's smile vanished knowing he had a girlfriend. It was hard when two people aren't compatible with each other, like her parents. Peyton wasn't happy or thankful that Cato broke up Darcy, it's tragic. Peyton put her head on his shoulder and said, "Don't worry, you'll find someone that deserves you and love you even if she had to tackle obstacles." Giving that advice was simple, Peyton dreams of a guy like that. A guy that would do everything to make her happy.

"It'll be my honor to take you out on a date" Cato's hand removed Peyton's hair away from her face and smiled at the girl. "There, much better" the Gryffindor said as he saw Peyton's beautiful face now uncovered, well it wasn't like it was entirely covered but he needed a reason to touch her. "Lula the house elf works in the kitchen, she's my friend and has always been there for me. I was so homesick during my first year that I would weep in the kitchen" Cato chuckled remembering how ridiculous he was. "Lula wept my tear and taught me how to garden, she wasn't and isn't a pro but I ended up loving it" The brunette was going to take Lula with him once he graduated, he loved the house elf. "Lula taught me one of the most beautiful creation nature can make, I guess flowers makes me feel more appreciative to life" Cato had never been asked about this before, the students just thought that he was odd. "Thanks" The fifteen years old thanked Peyton for the advise, he didn't really know what to say. "What the h3ll" Cato put his wand away and tossed the jacket away from Peyton. He grabbed Peyton and put her on his laps gently and jumped into the water. The water was freezing but it was about time for them to get in to the lake as the sun was burning even hotter. "Hello" Cato popped his head on the surface of the water and splashed the water at Peyton.

Peyton lifted her head and smiled, "A date it is then." She was excited all of a sudden, her sister was fond of all romantic things and she can't wait to tell her that she'd gone for a date. A 6 year old, knows more romantic stuff than her. How the generation had grown up. Although, the gesture Cato made almost melted her heart. His hand was a bit cool. "Lula the house elf. That's the cutest name I have ever heard. I would like to meet her." Peyton had definitely never meet one nor did they own them either. Her parents are against cruelty and maybe that's why they never had maids around the house as well. Hearing about good things Lula had done for Cato, she's beginning to like the house elf more. She was about to mention her foundation when he took his jacket off her, Peyton yelp once she was on his lap. And the unthinkable happened. The Gryffindor girl thought that she'll be dry for the rest of the day but that was out of the window when the two plunge into the water. Peyton resurfaced with a gulp of fresh air. The girl yelped again when the guy resurfaced as well. Peyton had to shield herself from the water he tried to splash on her. "That wasn't fair, Cato! I wasn't ready." She complained only to realized she's in an open water which she hates the most. Anxiety was creeping up on her but she stayed calm. She didn't know what's underneath them, what if something grabs her legs? "Cato, let's get out of here." Peyton shakenly said.

Cato cracked up in laughter when he saw Peyton's reaction being in the water, he laughed so hard that he swallowed a little bit of water and coughed. "Oh god, you should've seen your face" he grabbed the girl by the waist and tickled her. Cato loved the water, he was a good swimmer the only thing that he hated about the lake was the temperature of it. The fifteen years old then realized that Peyton was somehow afraid of the waters, his face turned serious and gently gestured her to swim back and get off the lake by giving a little bit of push on her back. Once they've reached the land, Cato held Peyton's hand and helped her to get out. He summoned a huge towel and wrapped it all over Peyton. "There" the young boy smiled and packed his stuff. Suddenly something came up to Cato's mind, he was supposed to meet a friend of his approximately fifteen minutes from now. His eyes popped up and quickly looked at Peyton "Peyton, I'm... I have to go I'm really sorry. I'll walk you to the common room. My stupid memory and I have to meet a friend who wanted to borrow some of my books. I promise you I'll make it up to you this weekend, deal?".

Peyton didn't have to beg for Cato to get out of the open water. He guided her back to the shore and pretty much, a very gentlemanly move, summon a big towel and wrapped it on her. She smiled weakly and thanked him, the Gryffindor gal didn't mind if he has some other things to do, at least she had forgotten whatever she came here for. The two went back to the castle.

This Topic Is Closed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back