Elsa Faith

musical; outgoing
OOC First Name
Pheeb
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Elsa had always been surprised at how little she'd managed to see her sister now that she'd joined Hogwarts. She thought it would be like the days that the girls had spent most of their time together, but that couldn't have been further from the truth. While the Ravenclaw had briefly seen her around and in the corridors here and there, she'd not spent more than a few minutes with the Hufflepuff, and instead had been forced to make her own friends. Being outgoing wasn't something that came unnaturally to the first year, but so far she'd yet to meet anyone she really bonded with more than having a few things in common. Sure, she could have had artificial friendships that she would probably later regret putting so much time into, but she preferred that if she was going to dedicated effort that it would be towards something worthwhile.

Since finding out she too had magical abilities, the magical world had excited Elsa, although she also wondered how much of the muggle world she'd be forced to leave behind. She wasn't able to be open and honest to the friends she'd made as a child, and it made her slightly disappointed than once she grew up she wouldn't be considered a normal woman, like everyone she'd known up until that Autumn would be. No, she was following the steps that her sister had taken into a world that was foreign. As the first year wandered into the Trophy room, curious to know what counted as success in this kind of environment, Elsa was loudly blaring some music through the headphones that sat upon her ears, locking out everyone and everything from one of her senses. She dawdled through the room, glancing at various accomplishments and prizes, wondering if she would ever be good enough to be noticed in this bizarre new school.
<i></i>

Gabriella wondered how her sister was doing. They had a long and good talk at the start of the semester, but then the busy days caught up with them both and they hadn't been able to see each other much. It was still strange and unknown to have a sister so nearby, especially one as different from her as Frankie. Gabriella was a lot more goal-oriented and academic than her sister, which was what caused her to head to the Trophy Room today. It wasn't the first time she'd been here, as she had admired the possible trophies one could earn at the school before. A lot of them were fairly childish in her opinion, like the halloween costumes. She wondered if that really warranted a trophy.

As she admired the house cup silently, she spotted another girl from the corner of her eye. She turned her head to look at her, frowning slightly. The girl looked like she was younger than Gabriella, probably a first year. Her frown deepened as she took her in. The young blonde seemed very lost in her own world, listening to music loud enough for Gabriella to faintly hear it through her headphones. She assumed they were magical headphones, as they wouldn't work here otherwise. She cleared her throat, then tapped the girl on her shoulder.

As the first year wandered idling through the Trophy Room, she was reading the description of the the prizes that lay behind the glass. Some of them were ridiculous, but things like Quidditch Captain certainly sounded like fun. Elsa didn't particularly like her flying lessons though, so that was out of the question, but being the Captain of a group was certainly something that she was interested in if she could ever find something she enjoyed to enough to do. With her headphones blaring out the music, she'd not noticed another student beside her until she felt her tap on her shoulder. Elsa glanced up, pulling the headphones down around her neck in case she was being spoken to. Perhaps she wasn't meant to be here? "Hi," she said with a nervous smile, hoping she wasn't about to be shooed away. "..Is.. everything okay?" she asked the student, leaning slightly against the glass as she wondered what she'd interrupted her for.
<i></i>

Gabriella looked at the younger girl as she pulled the headphones down and gave her a small smile, hoping it would make her less threatening. Though her smile slipped away again as she saw the girl lean against the glass. Surely, that wasn't what the glass was intended for. The idea of the glass breaking made her anxious, and she glanced at it. "I was just wondering if you weren't listening to your music too loudly, not to be nosy, but it really seemed like it was pretty loud. That could damage your ears, you know." She said, knowing she sounded a little annoying even as she said it. But her words came from a good place, even if she wasn't the best at delivering them.

Elsa wondered if the girl meant that it had been too noisy and she could hear it, although her next comment about hearing damage made her smile a little. "You're.. worried about my hearing?" she asked in clarification. Why did the stranger care if she had her volume turned up to the max. "I guess that's the point. Have it loud, block out everything else," she added, realising that it may have meant she didn't want to talk to the student that had interrupted her. "Nevermind. What's your name?" She asked, never one to turn away from meeting new people. As the first year lent against the glass, she was so used to the sounds that had been blaring in her ears that she didn't notice the faint noise of the material straining under her weight.
<i></i>

Gabriella frowned at the girl's smile. She wasn't sure if that meant she wasn't taking her seriously, but it seemed that way to her. "It wouldn't be healthy." she said softly. "Why do you want to block everything out?" Gabriella didn't understand, and it sounded a little strange to her. Was this girl feeling sad? Gabriella really didn't know how to help if that were the case. Though perhaps the girl was trying to say that she shouldn't be bothering her. That didn't seem to be the case, though, as the girl asked her another question. "I'm Gabriella." She said. Then, a small noise caught her attention, and she glanced again at the glass the girl was leaning against. "I don't know if you should do that." She said, looking anxiously at the glass case.

Elsa smiled slowly as the girl began to talk about what was healthly, as though that had any influence as to whether she'd listened at a normal volume, or loud enough to blow out her eardrums if the right song came on the radio. The Ravenclaw shrugged, it wasn't so much that she wanted to block it out because it wasn't worth hearing, so much as being able to escape. "It's just fun." was the reasoning she settled on, crossing her arms over her chest. "Nice to meet you Gabri.." before she could finish her sentence, a sound to her side caused her heart to drop for a moment. Instantly she turned to look at the glass, that had given off a loud cracking sound, and not even a gasp had the chance to escape her throat before the crack splintered across the pane, sending Elsa's body weight into the cabinet as it collapsed around her. The shock of the situation and suddenly change of balance caused her to slip on the shards than were now laying across the floor, and she sat in a painful heap against the stand as the glass continued to rain down into her hair from above.

The conversation with the younger girl was a little strange to Gabriella, and she wondered if she shouldn't have just minded her own business. At least Elsa didn't seem upset about Gabriella's comments about her music, though she also didn't really seem to take them to heart. Before she could think of a reason to end the conversation, what she had feared and tried to warn the girl about actually happened. Gabriella reacted instantly, jumping back as she stared in horror at the cracking glass before it collapsed. A gasp escaped her, and her hands flew to her mouth as she watched the girl slip and fall while the glass piled around her. "Oh no." She breathed. "Oh no, oh no, oh no." Cautiously, she took a few steps closer, though she was careful not to step on the glass shards littering the floor. Her frantic gaze moved over the girl. "Are you alright? Goodness this is a mess." She said, brushing away a few glass shards with her foot. She nervously fidgeted with her hair as she glanced at the door, wondering if a professor was about to burst in and assume she had also done something wrong. "Are you bleeding? Oh gosh, I should go get a teacher. I told you you shouldn't be doing that. Can you stand?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back