Emrys Connelly

Odd Duck- Loner

OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Emrys had, admittedly, taken a little while to get this set up. But, with a picnic basket in hand, he walked down to Avie's rock. But he'd made plans, for once, to spend time with Ethan and try out the Ouija board to see if they could talk to the spirit of the kid that had been lost here. He arrived first. He looked at the memorial before moving back to the basket, setting things up. He didn't have the Ouija board, of course, but he had his own things to take care of. He set up the blanket, taking out the snacks and setting them up. He'd left his friends in the bedroom- they were less inclined to be around kids his age these days, and preferred to relax against his pillows. He hummed, turning his attention out to the lake and watching the sunlight reflecting against the water.

For a terrifying moment Ethan thought he might have forgotten to back his Ouija board in his trunk. He had been in a bit of a funk as he packed for this year but that was something he wasn't likely to forget. Thankfully after a frantic morning of searching he found it at the bottom of his trunk and he remembered he hadn't taken it out when he had gotten home. He was breathless by the time he reached Avie's rock and found Emrys waiting for him. He slowed his fast walk that was nearly a jog as he took in the set up. "Wow, this is almost as nice as the common room." he half joked. Obviously the common room had full sofas and chairs but the blanket Emrys had brought seemed soft and the pillows were a nice touch.

Emrys smiled as Ethan appeared. "Thanks," He offered easily, stretched out and comfortable. "Come on, let's just relax a bit," He offered, trying to paint it like it was a good idea when really he was just too comfortable to move. "It's better to try and talk to the other side with a clear head, right?" He mused, trying to justify his reasons now.

Ethan shuffled his feet as Emrys made no move to get up. The board slipped slightly in his hands and he took a seat. "Alright." he agreed and tried to lean on one of the pillows but his body still felt stiff and awkward. Ethan considered the other boy's comment. Most of what he had read on the subject agreed with that thought, and while being at school made it easier to ignore his personal life it still lingered like a black cloud. With a deep breath he shifted and was fully laying down and looking up at the sky. "So.... do you know anything about the kid that died here?" he asked. It wasn't exactly light conversation but he wasn't sure what else to say other than to keep things on track with their goal for the day.

Emrys considered the question, looking thoughtful. "Well, when we decided to come down here, I went ahead and did a little research. Apparently his name was Avie Mitchell, he was 17 and he drowned in the lake. There was a whole dedication in the yearbook from that year," He offered, nodding as he shared the info. "That was all I could find out, though, it was a long time ago." He pouted a bit. "I'm sorry I couldn't get any more details than that."

Ethan laid flat on his back and stared up at the sky, squinting as the sun shone down on them. He wasn't sure what to do with his hands and ended up folding them on his stomach. He wondered if he looked like a corpse laying like that, which would be appropriate considering what they were about to do. Ethan shook his head when Emrys apologized for not getting more information but wasn't sure if the effect of the gesture was lost. "No no, that's great." he said quickly. "I didn't do any." he admitted. "But a name and how they died should come in handy. At least we'll know if we actually contact him or not."

Emrys smiled warmly. "I was worried it might contaminate the search, honestly," He admitted. "If we'd asked before we looked into it... I don't know, do you think knowing what had happened, it would influence us at all?" He questioned. He wasn't sure how Ouija boards worked.

Ethan could feel the warmth of the sun and the pillow under his head lulling him into a bizarre sense of comfort and he found himself closing his eyes. He was pretty sure he wouldn't fall asleep but it was getting harder to keep his thoughts straight as he considered the other boy's question. "I think we just need to be careful with what questions we can ask. Like we need to ask 'how did you die' not "did you die in the lake' so we know if they're telling the truth or not." Ethan explained. He had done a considerable amount of reading on seances when he had lived in upstate New York. It was home to a lot of the spiritualism movement a long long time ago so there were a lot of books in the library about it. "But we mostly need to make sure we open and close the conversation properly no matter what happens." his words were coming slow now as he started to drift.

Emrys hummed in agreement, the sunlight and the warmth lulling him to sleep himself. He stretched out, rolling a bit more into Ethans side as he started drifting off. They weren't really touching, but Emrys was closer than he'd been. Why was this so oddly comfortable? He was trying to go over questions he could ask the board, but his thoughts were sluggish. This was nice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back