You May Say I'm A Dreamer, But I'm Not The Only One

Vanessa Parker

Vanessa had a smile on her face as she lay down on the grass by the lake. She stared up at the sky, a bright shade of blue. She looked at all the clouds that passed by and made shapes out of them. One of them looked surprisingly like an ice cream cone with two scoops of ice cream. Another looked like a camera. One of them even looked like a tulip with stem and leaves.

After a few minutes, she decided to walk around the lake. The way the sun shone on it was so pretty, maybe she would find an angle she really liked and write a poem about the water and how it sparkled. She walked around the whole lake, but found no magnificent view that she felt she could write a descriptive poem about.

Vanessa sighed. At the moment, there weren't any interesting clouds in the sky. She walked over to a boy who looked like a 5th year. "Hi," she said. "I'm Vanessa."

The calm day that seems to take over his restless behavior, he hadn't realize its been a while since he felt this way. The bluish clouded skies hoover continuously reminded him of an old tale. Something about giants and bean stalks came in mind, the lack of childhood memories always seem foggy by today's current time. He pushed himself along the short cut grassed, impressed by the keeper's intentive care for the school's ground. Nothing did look so neat, Victor sat leaning against tree's bark. Or peaceful since today, he soaked in his surroundings wishing it wouldn't end. A girl interrupted his comfortable daze, one Victor notice around the school's hall. "Hello Vanessa, I'm Victor nice to meet you" his plain lips turn into an upright smile. Maybe company today wouldn't be so bad, at least not boring.

Vanessa still had a smile on her face. "Nice to meet you, as well, Victor," she said. She had seen him around the school a couple of times. She rarely forgot faces. "It's nice out, isn't it?" she asked. She thought so. The sky was a bright shade of blue, the clouds were white, only a few of them light gray. The sun was shining and there was a slight breeze. She sighed happily as a breeze came along and blew in to her face. It was refreshing.

"Yes I think its nice when you always inside the castle walls" Victor let his voice sound calming and welcoming than his normal kind of voice he would have which was similiar just more mellow. "Would you like to sit down? Enough room here for the both of us?' Victor suggested as he pushed a little to his left away from the tree. He felt his back pressed against the tree again, his armr rested at the knee as he looked ontowards the lake. "What year are you in? I fyou don't mind me asking?" he asked without darting his eyes back at Vanessa. He felt more comfortable asking questions without looking at the person sometimes, its a form of bad quality but often others don't mind it at all.

Vanessa nodded and sat down. "I'm in my Fourth Year, she answered. "What about you?" She looked up at the sky in the distance and saw a cloud shaped like a peace sign. If only I had my camera with me, she thought. A peace sign shaped cloud is rare. She sighed as the wind moved the cloud around and the peace sign was ruined, so her attention went back to conversation.

"Cool, must be nice to be a fourth year now? I'm a fifth year Gryffindor. Nothing special about it since its Owls year" he said rather exhausted just by the mentioning of owls put him in a rather tired mood. He pushed his legs up so that it bent, for his elbows to rest oh his knee. He felt the grass rush a little as he moved up more into a sitting position, instead of leaning back against rubbish bark. His arms went limp, relaxing more instead of adding pressure to his posture. "Do you anything around here? Any sort of hobbies you have?" he asked. Being horrible at staring any conversation, he knews he didn't inherited the same abilities his father grew up with, being able to persuade anyone into a conversation or discussion without any difficulties. Victor wished he could do that, but he's still struggle to even open up to world at the time, let alone talk to anyone about anything. Just talk about what you know, that's basically his motto.

Vanessa nodded. Even she feared Owls. She hoped she didn't fail when she was a fifth year. She tried to relax. She would have time to study, a lot, plus it wasn't her fifth year yet, so she didn't have to worry about it. She thought for a moment about how to answer the question about her hobbies. "Well, I like photography of nature, and I like to sing," Vanessa said with a smile. "And meeting new people. What about you?"

"Oh really? That's fantastic" Victor wilde familiar smile reached his eyes. He's met a few photographer, to put this way plenty. Yet none would describe their focus on nature, kinda unique to Victor, when he hardly spent enough time looking at nature. "I ah, well I'm into some sports. Mainly muggels, surf, I like bowling so I don't think its consider a hobby?" he shrugged at his question. "If I ever think of a good one, will be sure to let you know" his smile half way falling, Victor looking down.
His old jeans sunk a little more comfortable on the bedding of the grass. He couldn't pick the best place out of any just to relax and be himself.

Vanessa nodded. "There are a lot of things in nature that people are usually too busy to notice," she said. "Like a sunset or the way there are drops of rain on a flower. I find it my job to capture them and share them with people who have time to look at pictures." She blushed, realizing this might sound silly. "I used to play soccer when I lived in the U.S.A. Basketball, too. I wasn't really good at any others." She picked a blade of grass and twisted it around.

"Funny that you've mention photographing. Have you ever been part of the hogwarts' monthly? I've heard a few students write for that newsletter, but it hasn't been active lately. Maybe they wouldn't mind posting a few of your pictures?" Victor suggested, he sounded well known of the clubs in school. Victor paid to much attention of what's going on in the clubs not to miss a thing happening around. For example, the glee club, they had perform for Yule Ball. Wasn't much of a performance since loads of them bailed. The songs and selections of music had been old muggle music, he would've enjoyed that night if his ex girlfriend would've came with him instead of Alexandra. "That's up to you really" he went back to discussing about Vanessa. His own club had been inactive too, Victor pretty much didn't mention it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back