You have potato on your shirt.

Rukevra Vanderzuk

Stepping in to the Great Hall, Ruki could feel his stomach trying to break free and feast upon the spread which adorned the tables in front of him. Hunger wasn't the word; it was sheer starvation. Sliding into a seat on the Gryffindor table, Ruki cringed at the sounds his stomach was making. Sliding a bowl of dumplings towards him, Ruki took the biggest he could see and bit into it. "Mmmfffhh. Sgood." he said, his mouth full of cooked dough. Pulling more dishes towards him, Ruki ate as if he hadn't eaten since arriving.

Fenton was on cloud nine and there was nothing bringing him down for love nor money. Walking into the Great Hall he noticed most of the table was packed except for near the top. Strolling up along the trestle table he greeted a few of those he had gotten to know in class and around the castle when he spotted Rukevra. Sitting opposite him, Fenton sat stunned momentarily.

"When was the last time you ate?" he tipped some carrots on to his plate before helping himself to some mashed potatoes, "Ruki man, what in the name of Merlin... slow it down man!"
He wanted to laugh but instead put a good sized pork chop on his plate, biting his lower lip to prevent himself from saying anything else.

Hearing a voice, Ruki looked up-wards and caught sight of Fenton. Pausing, Ruki wondered how long he had been there; as he was momentarily lost in stuffing his face. Looking down at the bowls and plates in front of him, Ruki grinned at the look his parents and their friends would have on their faces. For the first time in years, Ruki had ate like a pig. No more was he eating at upper-class evening dinners with a posture of someone with a rod stuffed up their back end. That's not to sa y he couldn't eat respectfully though. But it was a step away from his parents, and he loved it.

"Have you never had a day where you quite simply eat; and then eat more.". The question wasn't truly a question. "It appears that I am rather hungry.". Ruki grinned as he took a drink of juice.

Fenton laughed as he looked at the plate before him, he had been hungry until he saw Ruki shovelling food into his gob.
"Man that's just disgusting" he groaned, "how much have you got in there. You going for some kind of record or something?"

Fenton was never one to worry about what any one else thought but for some reason he looked about him now to see if anyone else had seen the human garbage disposal.

Catching the words of the older student, Ruki continued to drink his juice. Placing the glass down, Ruki gave thought to the words. "A record does not seem such a bad idea.". Ruki smiled. "Think of the food I could eat.".

Pulling a bowl of mashed potatoes towards him, Ruki took a-hold of the spoon and scooped a large pile onto Fenton's plate. "Why not assist me in training.". Piling a second scoop onto the first, Ruki winced slightly as potato splattered onto the front of Fenton's clothing. "Ah. For that I am sorry.". Ruki couldn't help but laugh.

Fenton watched as the boy who was now his room mate began piling mashed potatoes on his plate.
"I'm a big boy Rukevra, almost certain that I can shuffle my own..." getting no farther as cream gloopy potatoes dripped from the spoon on to his school tie, Fenton looked at Ruki. Not believing that the boy had done it on purpose he grimaced through a smile as he scooped the mess up in his hand. Rukevra's laughter was the catalyst as Fenton turned and dumped the mess from his hand on to Rukevra's lap.

"Now that should get your training off to a good start" he chuckled to himself wiping his tie down, knowing that he could clean it all up with his wand anyhow. So no hard feelings, it had been an accident. With that in mind and knowing that the two were now trying to bury the hatchet, Fenton turned to apologize. The potatoes in Ruki's lap may have been a tad too much.

The sound of his own laugher felt good. Ruki could sense all of his worries escaping him. That was, until a mass of potatoes landed in his lap. Catching Fenton's words, Ruki shook his head. The potatoes where most certainly no-where near his mouth.

Standing up, Ruki left the potatoes to make their way towards the floor; as he picked up the bowl from the table. Turning to face Fenton, Ruki tipped the bowl slightly; and pushed in into the older students clothing. "I think you missed a bit." Ruki commented, having noticed Fenton previously remove the small amount of splatter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back