You Brought This On yourself Sir....

Nicolette Styx

OOC First Name
Jessye
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Nicolette softly listened to the sound of her bare feet against the hard ground in Cecily's yard as she made her way to the house. She was currently dressed in an extremely Comfy Outfit that was even comfy enough for her to curl on the the hard ground with. Niccy had decided on going for a walk out in the fresh air, which was quite enjoyable until her head started to hurt and he nose began to run like crazy. So she opted to come home and maybe curl up on the couch, maybe even watch one of those movies that Cecily liked to put in sometimes.

'Ooooh or maybe a bubble bath.' She grinned at just the thought of these luxuries. With a small hop of pure enjoyment she continued to make her way to the house slowly, sniffling and coughing the whole way there. Whoever gave her this cold would pay dearly, because it pretty much sucked the fun out of her whole day.

Cecily spotted Nicolette from the kitchen window and smiled softly. The weather had grown chilly over the week and both blondes were in hoodies and comfortable pants. Even with heating charms, her feet were still cold within thick socks. She sighed, letting her thoughts wander as she finished the menial chore of washing and drying the dishes from dinner. There were a bit more than usual, as she'd cooked two proteins, since Niccy was allergic to fish. Cecily'd practically burst from the womb craving the sea dwellers, so she'd made her friend some roasted chicken. The twice stuffed baked potatos and leeks had been perfect on the side.

The last of the dishes put away, Cecily dried her hands on a towel and frowned as she saw Nicolette sneeze. Oh no. She knew that miserable look anywhere. Every year around this time the hospital wing was overrun with cold victims. She tapped a finger to her lips in thought, a hand on her hip before she decided on a course. Using magic this time, she flicked her wand to begin chopping the leftover chicken and filling a pot with chicken stock and diced veggies. Within moments a nice chicken soup was simmering on the stove, bubbling its delicious scent througout the house.

Beside it the kettle began to bubble and whistle, ready to pour into the ceramic teapot to steep healing tea. When she heard the door open and spotted Niccy's red nose and slightly sad face, she smiled softly. "I think there are still some bath salts upstairs, fresh towels too, if you need a soak." She felt bad for her friend but hoped she could do something to make her feel a little better.

Nicolette walked into the house and smiled calmly at Cecily before she shook her head. Although a nice soak sounded great, she found herself not really to do much other than snuggle on the couch and eat something warm. "Thanks Cecily, dat's so sweet of you. But I think I'm just gonna go lie down." Nicolette attempt to speak clearly with her stuffed up nose that was now running a mile per minute. She nodded softly before she tiredly made her way over to the couch and immediately grabbed a nearby comforter to wrap around herself. "I hate being sick." She coughed.

"Poor thing," Cecily murmured. She set up and brought the tea service into the living room, set it on the coffee table and offered Niccy a cup of tea before pouring her own and having a seat. She folded her feet up beneath indian style and sipped at the hot liquid. "Can I get you anything?

Alexander stared at the small house unnervingly. For reason he was extremely nervous to walk forward and knock on the door, when really knew knew it wasn't even that much of a big deal. The two girls that he had met at the bar the other day completely stumped him, especially Nicolette. If he had to write a book on that woman he wouldn't even be able to write the first page due to fact that he knew so much yet so little, she liked to keep him guessing. And the one, as pretty as she was apparently already had a guy so she wasn't much of a worry to him.

With a soft sigh he noticed it was starting to get darker and darker by the minute. He would either have to knock soon or just leave and try again on another day. 'Come on man don't be a coward. If you ever want to get her to like you back your going to have to do this...' Alexander mentally slapped himself before he shook his head and made his way to the door. Once he reached the door he knocked softly, hoping he wasn't disturbing anyone.

Nicolette was about to say that Cecily had done more than enough when she heard someone knock at the door. With a small smirk she looked at Cecily; "Well you can get the door for me." Niccy usually liked to bolt and answer the door herself, but right now she was feeling a bit out of sorts.

"Sure," Cecily set her tea cup aside, got up and went to the door, smoothing her hoodie down. She wasn't expecting anyone, it couldn't be Prodan could it? she wondered, her heart speeding up. She tucked her hair behind her ears and opened the door with a wide smile that dimmed slightly when she saw it who it was.

"Oh, hullo Alex." She looked back at Nicolette with a grin and raised eyebrow then turned back to the man at their door. "Please come in," she offered, stepping back and opening the door wider. Once he was inside she offered him a seat and some tea.

Alexander smiled at Cecily as he sat himself on the couch. When he turned to Niccy he immediately noticed that she didn't look well at all, maybe he definitely had come at a bad time. "Nicolette, you look awful. Are you okay?" He asked worriedly as he glanced at Cecily for a moment then turned his gaze back to the sick looking blonde.

Nicolette immediately beamed when Alexander walked into the room. Despite their annoying start, he was such a sweet boy, he was even sweet enough to come and visit her while he was ill. Then again he probably didn't know she was sick either....but he was still here. And to Nicolette that was still somewhat swoon worthy. "I'm okay, it's just a little cold." Nicolette shrugged her shoulders with a small smile still on her face the whole time.

"Heeey wait, I seriously don't ever remember telling you where Cecily and I lived. Do you remember telling him?" Nicolette asked after a moment of thought from what she remembered she had never even mentioned that they lived in New Zealand.

Alexander let out a soft chuckle before he scratched the back of his head shyly. "No no. You told me before you left the bar so I could help you move remember?" He said with a look of slight hilarity in soft eyes. Poor girl must've either been really sick or just really forgetful.

"Women can be so oblivious and forgetful. Is there anything I can do to make you feel better." Alexander asked softly as he let his eyes glance at Cecily for a moment, she somewhat seemed like she was bummed that he was here. Maybe she was expecting her boyfriend today or something along those lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back