Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 15" Unyielding Silver lime Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Bryce Chamberlin could not believe the Ravenclaw game. Sure, they might have won, but it was all the seeker. He had to bench out Rosie, of all people. He thought that she was throwing the game on purpose because of the opponent. Gryffindor. That was Nikandros' house. Nikandros meant something to Rosie, and Bryce could not see what it was. The boy was rude. The boy was a jerk. And he was a Gryffindor and hated Bryce for some reason. He could tell with the grapevine. Things got around to him one way or another. Bryce knew things. He sighed and he wondered off to the cliffs, where he could look around him and just sulk over what happened in the game. Of all people, he had to bench his best friend and someone he really cared about. Rosie probably thought that he had busted her in the act and was avoiding him for that reason, but truth be told, he did not know. He just stayed to himself. The Ravenclaw Prefect looked down at his prefect badge and wondered why he got something like this with Rosie. This would make things awkward. He looked around and saw that no one was coming over to bother him, so far.

The day itself felt amazing. The sun was out, Halloween was just around the corner, more matches were underway. He just wondered if he could even trust Rosie enough to play against the other houses if she did not even try this time around. What could he do? He was captain and he was conflicted. He sat down on the grass, and looked over the edge of the cliffs. His eyes were saddened, and somewhat darker. One would mistake them for blue when they were really hazel. It was the way the sun hit them from that angle. He let out a soft sigh, and he hoped that he could get down to the bottom of it. If it was what he feared, then he would not want to know. Bryce could not deny what might be the worst though. If it were, what could he do as a Captain? How could he face her ever again? How could he do prefect things? How could he do the Accio! yearbook anymore? She was around for everything he ever did! This was getting under his skin, and how Nikandros got entangled in it... It was a mess. He promised to never let anyone like that get to him, and here that Gryffindor managed, like a snake. And the snake had the fangs right in Bryce.​

Rosie Reilly stormed around the corner, her tiny frame pushing back any individual that happened to wander in her way. Rosie was normally a very gentle and soft person by nature, and it was rare for her to ever get mad. But right now, she was beyond furious with Bryce Chamberlin. Rosie rounded another corner and found herself leaving the castle and approaching the grounds. According to a couple of younger students, Bryce was seen heading for the cliffs earlier. Rosie was hurt. Why would Bryce take her out of the game like that? She was trying her best to keep up, but she was so tired from all the studying and running around that she had been doing that she wasn't doing a very good job apparently. But that was no reason to bench her! If she had been playing badly he should have just told her and informed her of it instead of doing that. Had he only done that because he was mad at her about Nikandros? Rosie had arrived at the cliffs in record time, and sure enough, Bryce was there. Adjusting the scarf wrapped loosely around her neck, Rosie approached her best friend until she was standing right before him, her hands resting on her hips as she did so.

"Why did you bench me?" Rosie mouthed. She was so mad she didn't even bother to try and sign her frustration towards the way he had been acting. Her chocolate brown eyes gleamed with hurt and anger. There had to be a reason for him doing that instead of just talking to her. He knew that she would understand! Rosie had no idea that she had been playing that badly. "Was it because you're mad at me? Because of Nikandros? Bryce, why didn't you just talk to me before you went and did that We've always been able to talk about stuff!" Rosie was tired. Tired because she was stressing herself out over these exams, her parents divorce was still sitting on her shoulders, plus there was the fact that she was considering her education once she Graduated from Hogwarts. That's right, go on to a Wizarding or a Muggle College, whichever got her to where she wanted. But she wasn't about to make a decision just yet. Especially not with everything that was going on in her life right now. Fixing her relationship with Bryce was at the top of her list, because she needed him in her life. Even if he was being a total butt head lately.

As soon as Bryce saw that Rosie was standing in front of him, he knew that she was mad, and that she would have to explain herself, since he was just as mad. He was the captain of the team, and he expected nothing but the best from his chasers. Since they were playing Gryffindor, she had to have let them win or something! Well, they didn't win, but she would know what he meant. She mouthed why did he bench her. She did not even sign, so he had to rely on watching her speak so that he would know what in the world she was saying. Otherwise, he would have to work for it. She continued to mouth that if it was because of Nikandros and how he did not talk to her about it before he benched her. They were in the middle of a Quidditch game, he couldn't just pause everything to have a deep, meaningful talk! "I didn't bench you because I was mad about you and Nikandros! I'm not mad at the two of you for anything personal, make sure that is in your head first, Rosie!"

The Ravenclaw prefect had to pause for a moment, since he had to think over the wording because he did not want to be mean to his best friend, but something had to be done. He let out a sigh and he continued, "You were benched because as Captain, I have to look after my team. Black was doing all the work with the quaffle! You are supposed to be my best chaser, but you were just flying around, not even trying to help! That's why I benched you! I thought you were throwing the game on purpose because it was Gryffindor, also known as, Nikandros' house! I felt like you were betraying the team and me!" Bryce was under a lot of stress right now. Things were getting a little weird with him and Sofii, his dad was getting worse, OWLs and then the whole Quidditch thing. He hoped that what he said would end up straightening things out, but as a captain, he deserved an explanation. What if she needed to be benched the next game? Romantic feelings should never conflict with quidditch feelings, and that was something that everyone needed to learn while they were on the team. It messed things up, and he did not want to see it on his team.​

Rosie had a hard time believing that Bryce wasn't mad at them for anything personal. It might not have been why he benched Rosie during the game, but she could tell that there was something going on. Why else would he be acting like he was towards her lately. "Bryce, don't lie to me. It may not have anything to do with the Quidditch game, but I know that you have a problem with me and Nikandros being together. I can see it in your eyes, your body language. Bryce, I've been your best friend for a long time, I know when you're unhappy." Bryce was the most expressive through his body language, and Rosie had learned that quickly after being his best friend for so long. Rosie paid careful attention to his body language and made sure to take notice of when he looked upset or tired, and even when he was happy. Did he honestly think that Rosie didn't know these things? They had been best friends for more than five years, so the fact that he was keeping things hidden and bottled up really worried her. He could always talk to her about the things that were bothering him, so why couldn't he talk to her now?

Rosie's mouth fell open. Did he really think that little of her? "That hurts, Bryce." Rosie was fighting back the urge to cry now. Did he really think that she could do such a thing to him and to her team? Rosie wasn't like that, and not even Nikandros could change that. "For one, Nikandros wasn't even on the Quidditch team so why would I help a team he isn't playing for. Two, Nikandros would probably have my head if I played like that, since he hates sissy girls. AND THREE, I wasn't playing that well because I've been up night and day getting ready for these freaking OWLs. I've been so stressed and tired, it's a wonder I can even fly in a straight line!" Rosie explained, getting more and more upset with every word that spilled from her mouth. "You know me better than that Bryce. I'm not the kind of person who would turn my back on the team. I know you know that." Rosie was very loyal to those close to her, so she had no idea why Bryce would think otherwise. She promised she would be there for him through rough and calm waters, and she meant it.

Bryce couldn't help rolling his eyes a bit as he read her lips, knowing that he didn't lie about the benching the game part, but she was right that he did have a problem with her and Nikandros together. He was a total jerk and he had read some of the things that came out of his mouth, including words that insulted his and her blood type. But he didn't have the heart to tell her that much. Bryce pointed out, "I do have a big problem with you and Nikandros, Rosie. I always have. He is a stupid, bigotted pure-blood supremacist! To him, you are a mud-, I can't even say it! But that has absolutely nothing to do with what I did for my Quidditch team. I shove all personal feelings aside for that." Bryce was pretty much hardcore when it came down to Quidditch. He was surprised when Ravenclaw won both matches, but he was starting to really love his little seeker. He did well with choosing her over the rest. But right now, he had to handle the thing between him and his chaser, and also, his best friend. He just hoped that he didn't lose one or the other, or both.

Apparently, he hurt her feelings. So, now they were both in the wrong? She even looked like she was going to cry, and he fought the urge to embrace her and tell her everything is okay. It wasn't right now. She started to explain herself, and how Nikandros wasn't on the team. But it was still his house, surely he had some pride for that, didn't he? Then she went into details about how he hated girls like that, and there was much more he hated that she didn't know about, to Bryce anyway. Then, it was the OWLs came. Why that didn't occur to him was weird. He sighed, "As your captain, and best friend, you need to tell me these things. Despite the other conclusion I went to, sitting you out was the best option. If you are too stressed and tired, you can't possibly deal with the added challenge of being a chaser." Bryce paused for a moment, before he wondered something. Did he know her better than that? She really liked some jerk, and didn't tell her about the whole staying up all night and day on the OWLs. "Do I really know better than that, Rosie? You don't tell me things anymore. I have nothing to go on but what I see! And what I saw was you not helping the team, and that registered to me as helping Gryffindor, which was his house!"

Rosie was thankful that Bryce withheld from saying the word mudblood. He had almost said it, but at least he had enough of a heart not to finish it. Rosie hated that word so much, mostly because it was only often used in vile and cruel instances. Though, the fact that apparently Nikandros used it made Rosie pause. Bryce was never known to be a liar, and she doubted that he would lie to her about something so cruel. Nikandros had a mean streak to him, but Rosie rarely saw it towards her. Could it all just be a ploy to drag her through the mud before he stepped on her heart? "Does he really call me a mudblood?" Rosie wondered if Bryce had heard anything. Rosie rubbed at her eyes to make sure that the stray tears building up in her eyes weren't going to fall. If she started to cry now then she knew there was going to be no way she could talk to Bryce. But it was becoming so hard for the tears to keep themselves hidden. Rosie couldn't help who she was, it wasn't her choice to be born as a muggleborn. Why hate her for something she couldn't control?

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to worry. Or to bench me. I thought I could handle it." Rosie shrugged. Though she might have been meek and shy for the most part, Rosie could be very stubborn and competitive. Rosie liked to have the best grades and have her team do well during Quidditch. Those were two of the things she cared most about when it came to performance. "You do know me Bryce. You're just letting your emotions think you don't. The past few weeks have been the first time I've been able to talk to you because of Sofii. She and I aren't particularly close so I tried to save things for when she wasn't around. But she was always around! Plus you're busy with your own stuff, I can't just go and run to you every time I'm stressed out. But I wasn't helping Gryffindor. Why would I want them to win the points? I wouldn't, and you know that." Rosie unfolded her arms and turned. She was making herself too upset and she needed to get out of here before she made a sniveling fool of herself. She was pretty sure that Bryce would find that anything but attractive and send her on her way.

Bryce looked down for a moment when Rosie asked if he really called her a mudblood. From what he found out, Nikandros did. He did not want to tell her outright that Nikandros, her boyfriend that she really cared about, would do such a thing, but the expression on his face told otherwise. He did not know that his expression would betray him like it currently did. Bryce did not care about blood status. All he cared about was his friends and his family. No one could help who they were, and no one could help how they were born. What could be helped was the attitude. The whole confrontation here was turning into a huge mess, and Bryce was determined to make the best of it, one way or another. He needed to make sure that Rosie knew that he would always be there for her, and he wouldn't just jump to conclusions anymore. He just needed a way to sort everything out and make time for his best friend without Sofii around. Everyone needed time with their best friend. That was no secret at all. Even she did.

Her explanation made Bryce frown slightly, before he simply said, "Roo, just shut up." He didn't meant it in a bad way, but he stepped forward to where he was in front of her. He didn't like it when she turned from him, and he placed one of his hands upon her cheek, where he caressed her skin affectionately. It was then when he sealed the affectionate gesture with a kiss. Not just a regular kiss he would have given Sofii, but this was a tender one. Gentle but firm all at the same time. It was like he was trying to say that he was sorry for everything in that one action. His other arm wrapped around her waist to bring her closer to him. With his dad getting sick, this was the most comforting thing he had experienced in a long time. He pulled away softly, and held his forehead on hers for a moment, as he asked, almost breathless, "Forgive me?" He was not asking forgiveness for the kiss that they shared, but for his actions before. Bryce made sure to keep an eye on her lips so that if she talked, he could read them. After all, it was the only way she could really communicate. There wasn't enough room for sign language.

At least Bryce was kind enough not to repeat the word. He at least had enough sense to know that the less Rosie heard it, the better it would be for her. The Ravenclaw Prefect was currently feeling a bit down and defeated. In her mind, she picture her little talk with Bryce to be productive. They would both share their feelings and throw in some apologies and then it would be okay. Yet here she was, now knowing some things she really wish she hadn't been told. "Ignorance is bliss..." Rosie thought to herself as she lifted her gaze to briefly stare at Bryce. He still seemed like he was upset with her, and Rosie hated that. Yes she had messed up during Quidditch, but it was an accident and she was one hundred percent sure that it wouldn't happen again. But was her promise good enough to soothe the anger Bryce was feeling? Although she still wasn't convinced that it was just Quidditch that was bothering him, she would let it go for now. There was no point in trying to push something that obviously wasn't going to happen. He wasn't going to admit it no matter how much Rosie wanted him to.

Rosie was fully prepared to head back to the common room, when Bryce told her to just shut up, Rosie paused and turned. How rude! "Excuse me-" Rosie was about to give that boy a piece of her mind, but when he stepped in front of her, and then kissed her, Rosie completely forget about all the things she was angry about. Now Rosie had been kissed before, but not like this. It was so tender and sweet. Where did Bryce learn to kiss like that? Although Rosie felt Bryce pull her closer, she remained frozen. Was this okay? She had a boyfriend! Bryce was her best friend! It felt wrong and amazingly right at the same time. What the hell was she supposed to do? By the time Rosie had given in and leaned into his hold, Bryce had broken the kiss and went on to ask if she could forgive him. "Uhh..." Rosie blinked, finally coming back to the real world after a brief moment of bliss. "I think so? Er....what was the question again?" Rosie flushed. During the kiss she had been so out of it that she had only managed to half of what Bryce had said to her. Which was embarrassing because she didn't want Bryce to think she was an idiot. it was just that she had never been kissed like that before.

Bryce looked at Rosie, and noticed how beautiful she looked. The brown hair, the brown eyes, she was amazing. She was perfect. But she was with Nikandros and at the time, he was with Sofii at the time. Bryce brushed the hair over Rosie's ear, and he smiled at her. She seemed as though she didn't know what he question was. "Forgiveness. I take that as the fact that I am forgiven." He leaned forward and kissed her forehead gently. She just needed to know that he cared for her, and after that, well, it was very well known. He gave her a smile and he dropped his hands. This was awkward now. Both were seeing someone else, and it felt wrong but right at the same time. This was torture. "Um, we should probably go." He gave her a small smile, and he turned to lead her back to the castle, without any physical contact. That seems to be the best right now, considering what happened. The kiss was perhaps the best in his life, but he wondered if that would ever happen again. Well, probably not while they were involved with someone else.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back