Y19 SDA

Artemis Jackson

OOC First Name
Arty
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Whilst the dungeons were dark and ever eerie, the president of SDA made sure that the venue for the Student's Defence Association was not like that. The atmosphere was sparking with energy! Artemis almost felt ready to duel but that was not the case for today. Today were the "sign-ups," or so she called it. She remembered posting several flyers on the bulletin boards of the school, hoping that some would take a good look at it and consider joining. The room was fit for a show of curses flying from two different wands battling each other. Artemis liked it and she grinned when she saw the already levitated life sized dummy, its wooden body limp but nevertheless, around one meter from the ground. The people were in for a surprise although Artemis was no joker, she still loved getting a good look from people's faces from time to time. Amusement was pleasure and she wanted a good show from this. The chairs and desks were arranged in a manner that was away from the dummy, leaving a massive space in between. Who wanted to get hit by pretend magic later, anyway?

When people started to come, Artemis sat on one of the chairs. She was going to let them try a "spell" which she doubted anyone knew of really. Why? That, she would explain later on. Small talks buzzed for a few minutes, before the Head Girl decided to start. She walked to the center and called their attention by clapping. When she had all ears, she opened her mouth to introduce the club and herself. "Welcome to the Student's Defence Association. I'm Artemis Jackson, president and hopefully not the oldest here." Being a seventh year had its downsides; one of them was feeling sentimental about this school and her age. She continued, "So before becoming a part of this club, I want one or two volunteers to try out this new spell I've got. Come here please." Artemis motioned to the space beside her. Now was time for the real action and she smirked at the brave hearts who decided to give it a shot. "Brilliant. Alright so, see that dummy over there? I'd like you to pretend to duel it but with only using one spell. Its incantation is dissiliunt which means to explode. Wand movement is like this," Artemis demonstrated for them which was fairly easy. They seemed to understand what she was saying, so she proceeded with the rest of the instructions. "For every thirty seconds it'll move closer to you, so you better defend yourself using only that spell, yeah? No pressure though." Artemis moved backwards, giving them a little space to move themselves if they had to. "You start first but when you fail, the other gets a chance. Begin." Whilst the rest of the seated students were audience, Artemis was there to control the dummy. She had to check every thirty seconds to move the dummy closer by one meter, until it reached the student. With her wand in hand, she indeed controlled the dummy closer by every thirty.

She bit her lip to keep herself from laughing. Not that she took pleasure from frustration, but it was good to witness that once in a blue moon. The spell that she gave them was unreal; a fake. She invented it and tested it earlier and what only happened was red sparks jot out of her wand. Other than that, nothing serious happened. The first student's wand reacted the same way as hers did which what she really was expecting. He/she let the second one proceed and looked at the rest. Some watched with suspense whilst some were laughing their butts off. Some were just stoic about the whole scenario. When the two were done she went to them and controlled the dummy to let it levitate back to its original spot. She let them take their seat and took a good look at the crowd in front of her. Shrugging at them, her lips lifted into a subtle snigger. "What those two students demonstrated there was simply unreal. Yes, that spell is not a real one and useless. Get over it." Some gasped, whilst some rolled their eyes. Regardless, Artemis grinned in return. "What I wanted to see however, were their reactions. You can't go panic crazy when dueling, that won't keep you thinking straight. Fear shouldn't cloud it either." Although she had not experienced a real duel before - practice duels, plus the books that contained advice helped her realize this. She had some other few reminders to be officially apart of this club and she ran through them mentally before verbalizing what she had to say. "Okay so, anyone can be a part of the SDA. But to be officially be one, do sign up here and go get a picture of with the Accio staff and tell them you're a member." Artemis showed them a piece of parchment where they could write their names. She went to the front most table and placed it there, with a quill and bottle of ink. Now all they had to do was sign their names down. She smiled; all of this was going pretty well.
Y19 SDA Members
1. Artemis Jackson
2. Benjamin Chase
Code:
[spoiler=Sign ups][center][u][b]Y19 SDA Members[/b][/u][/center]
1. [class=headgirl]Artemis Jackson[/class]
2. [i][color=darkgreen]Benjamin Chase[/color][/i]
[/spoiler]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back