Y13 -- Hufflepuff Quidditch Tryouts

Hamza Khalid

OOC First Name
Hamza [Main]
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2" with an Essence of Griffin Feather core
The day was just right, the weather was not so bad, and this was the first day of
Hamza being the Hufflepuff Quidditch co-captain. Hamza had yet to give Dannii
a special thanks for having selected him to help her with Quidditch this year. Hamza
was rather excited for his first time getting the team together. He hoped to see
some familiar faces this time around again. He had not seen Dannii in rather few days,
so he was wondering if she was going to show up at the tryouts or not. She was
now the head girl, so she had a lot on her shoulders, so he understood if she was not
able to come to the try outs. Walking across the field on the Quidditch pitch, Hamza
was holding the trunk with all of the required materials for the tryouts. The one small
thing that was bothering him was that the trunk was so heavy and there was no one
here to help him. That didn't really bother him much, though the excitement of this
day overcame him. Placing the trunk down on the ground, and taking a deep sigh,
Hamza smiled as he placed his special broom in the ground as well, right next to him
so that he can pick it up whenever he would need it. Now, he just waited for everyone.
Closing his eyes, he could feel the small breeze hitting his face, and slowly curving around
his. This reminded him of many older memories. "These tryouts should be really
interesting."
Said Hamza to himself as he unclicked the trunk and let it open up.

Alright, this is going to be very simple. Just go ahead and RP showing up, telling Hamza what position you are wanting. Further instructions will be posted very soon after all those who want to apply have arrived. Good luck! Sorry first year students. Try out next year.

Dannii was running late as usual, but for once it wasn't because she had slept in. Once of the first years had gotten lost trying to find her way to one of the class rooms so of course Dannii had to help her out. They really should just tattoo a map onto the arm of every first year Dannii thought as she ran out to the quidditch pitch. When she had gone to go grab the trunk with all the quidditch supplies she noticed poor Hamza had taken it all on his own. I hope he has the good sense to use a hovering charm and not carry it. Once she was far enough away from the castle Dannii hoped on her broom and flew the rest of the way to the quidditch pitch. Hopefully no one would get the wrong idea and try to fly around the castle. She would be in really big trouble then. Dannii landed on the pitch just in time to see Hamza put own the trunk. "Why didn't you just use a hovering charm?" Dannii asked. "Sorry I'm late by the way. Head girl stuff got in the way." She added with a sigh. It was a total honor to be chosen as head girl but she really wasn't sure she could handle it cutting into her quidditch time. "Excited to be co-captain?" Dannii asked.

Today was a day of agitation. Raffaelo had woken up on the wrong side of the bed, an occurrence that so rarely happened for him and had remained that way all day. He was quite ready for the try-outs today in hand, also he had very much accepted that he wasn't going to be a seeker by any point so might as well continue his position as a chaser on the team. Arriving at the right time as expected after changing into his proper clothes, he smiled and greeted every one who was at the Quidditch Pitch at that very moment. He also noticed that most of them were that familiar to Raffaelo."Hey Guys! Raffaelo Pierre Menzure.. Going for Chaser once again." he stated loud and clear. Though Raffaelo might have changed as he'd been through a lot these following days, he still tried to get hold of his love for Quidditch.Quidditch, however, would always be the boy's first love. He had grown up with it, after all.

Today Robbie was going to be stepping out of his comfort zone and trying out for Quidditch. He wanted to try and do something different and he was going to try his best to get into this, because, well, for someone like him it was a big thing to even get accept into little muggle sports. He was labelled the shy kid wherever he decided to go and with that title also came an exclusion from a lot of diffrent kind of sports. He couldn't even join the academic acheived because he was too scared of them even excluding him. Robbie was smart, but the fact that he was shy pretty much cancelled all of that out. Robbie walked up to the Quidditch Captains and took a breath. "Robbie Masters, trying out for Chaser." He said, wishing that it would go well today and that he wouldn't hurt himself in any way. Or humiliate himself for that matter.

Warren couldn't help but feel that his first year at Hogwarts was... blase to say the least. He didn't make as many friends as he should have, nor did he really accomplish anything other than acceptable grades (and even that didn't go right).

So as part of his new year initiatives he decided he had to walk around campus at least once a day to make sure he didn't miss his chance on an adventure. After all, "what good is having magic powers if all you're doing is lying around waiting for class... I might as well be a muggle at least then I’d have T.V."

This was Warren’s latest philosophy in life. Though at such a young and confusing age, it was very likely that it wouldn't stick.

"Unless." Warren thought. "I force it to by making some commitments that would have me adventuring about."

Currently, Warren was in a game of cat and mouse between himself in the present and himself one week in the future. He realized that he had a problem with being wildly inconsistent. For in that one week’s time, Warren would discover some new philosophy in life. Which, if you’re to ask his present self, would likely result in a lesser school experience. Meanwhile after a week, Warren’s opinion would dismiss the foolish antics of his current self by making him seem like a loon. And who in their right mind would take advice from a loon. BUT instead of dealing with the issue, Warren was going to force himself to accept his current life philospohy by locking down in some commitments, he might just force himself to stay an open and participating part of the Hogwarts community.

Present Warren's plan was rather clever. "There is no way I would turn his back on a group I've committed myself too. Especially, a fun one.... like...."

It stood before Warren. It was one of those moments were it felt like God was giving you a sign. He could here choral music in the background, and a strong white light was shining from the group of Hufflepuff students.

"Quidditch."

Warren ran up to the group standing in the field. "Hi I'd like to play Quidditch!" Warren announced. His face was beaming with enthusiasm! Not only had he found an amazing way to spend his spare time, he also managed to take a big step towards being less flacky about his resolutions (like walking around school just to find adventures). It was a momentous day. One that Warren would remember until... well... not that long. But he still felt good about.

He listened to the positions people were saying they would like to try out for.

"Position..." Warren said to himself rather slowly.

Suddenly, it dawned on Warren that he had no idea how to play this game. However, thinking on his feat he said. Warrens little mind was as helpless as a mouse in an exercise wheel running away from a cat on a jet pack. He was doing his best to put together the snippets of conversations he heard about when other boys were talking Quidditch. Only one phrase came to mind.

When it finally was his turn to say what position he would like, his brain suddenly seized up. He didn't want to just repeat what the others were saying. Mostly because he was so pre-occupied he had no idea what they said... "Shoot." Warren thought. "Umm..." He voiced. "I'd... like... to... be..."

That moment of clairty stunned upon him.

"A beater!"

Quidditch tryouts arise the following weeks of school. Dymetris didn't have the hearts to try out this year, he was to strain from his current situation to put up a fake smile and give his all for the try-outs. He couch himself to stop mopping around bout his lost cause with Tara. There be more fishes in the sea for him in the near future. Yet he can't put himself in another situation like that over again. It was to much energy wasted, instead the boy promise himself not for a while. And that it was best for him to go for the try-outs. With his streak in hand, he arrived when everyone were announcing their name and the position they wanted to try for this year. Riley had gone and graduated from school, it left Dymetris with the option of Seeker. He voiced out what he wanted, "Dymetris and I'm going for Seeker" he step back, his eyes fell right on the ground. If he had to show off his skills, he would allow himself to perform for them, furthermore he like this for this to be over soon as possible.

Hamza was rather pretty eager to get things rolling with these try-outs. With his
first time being a co-captain, he did not know what to expect, though what he did
know was that he was going to have to try and give it his best. Having Dannii as
his older co-captain would give him a chance to learn more things from her before
she would depart from Hogwarts this year. Although Hamza was a co-captain, he
still had much to learn. One of the things he was really good at was taking leadership
for something that was important to him. Soon enough, seeing Dannii come to the
Quidditch pitch and he smiling and saying that he could have just used a hovering
charm. But Hamza liked to do things with his hands most of the time. Magic was
a accessory for him, not a necessity. He worked out everyday, ran outside everyday,
he kept himself in shape. Looking back at Dannii, with a smile on his face, he said,
"True, but I like to put my body to work as well." He smiled again as she asked
him if he was excited to be co-captain. "Of course, though I have much to learn
from you."
Said Hamza as he looked around to see some individuals coming to
try-out for the team. Hamza kept a semi-serious look on his face as he saw all of the
individuals introducing themselves, and what position they are wanting. Without wasting
any further time, Hamza said, "Alright, here's how it is going to work. You will get the
appropriate material's that pertain to your position you are applying for, and will demonstrate
for us as to how well you do with your position."
Said Hamza as he let everyone see the trunk.

OOCOut of Character:
Okay, guys. You can RP having a sparing partner from a different position, or you can RP practicing and demonstrating against everyone who is trying out. Your choice. Good luck.

Staring at the broom in determination, Raffaelo heard the boy stating that it was the time to show them what they've got. As he saw the needed things to use, Raffaelo got the Quaffle on one ot his arms. He then got on his broom and was ready to take off from the ground and up to the air. "Up." said Raffalo stiffly. Now that he was on the air, he watched if anyone was ready to somehow attack him from his back or maybe his rear position. No one was insight, the beater were also there same goes for the seeker. Now, the keeper was the one he needed to get pass through. Raffaelo then immediately went straight for the goal, as expected another player was on to him. He quickly shifted ways , lowering himself and then swiftly flying up to get his guard on control. The player was now really on to him, Raffaelo held the Quaffle tightly in his other arm and went under the player positioning himself. As if he was mocking the other player movement, he was on his back. Raffaelo then went to the nearer and and came rushing with the wind, blowing his hair. Only a few inches until he could actually shoot the goal.

The other player noticed him and went to follow Raffaelo, with out any assurance he needed to shoot the Quaffle into the goal hoop. As he was about to shoot the goal the other player was getting nearer and nearer. So what he thought and id was throw the Quaffle upward, the ball went up on the other player head as he was passing through. The whole moment seems to look like a slow motion movie clip. When the other player was now near him, he then went up and followed the Quaffle. Reaching the right angle, Raffaelo grabbed the Quaffle and threw it inside the goal hoop. The Quaffle got in as the keeper tried it's hard to block it but failed., the ball followed the curved path. It was Raffaelo's style of curving the path of the ball. When he was done, he glanced at the back of his shoulds still on the air and nodded and the Co-Captain of the team as a sign of assurance that he managed to do his part as a Chaser.

Dymetris said nothing, he took his broom and went running with it almost like a kite, but he was already mounted and flew up int the skies. His job as a seeker can be easy but very difficult at the same time. Dymetris had to seek out for the golden snitch, and if he was lucky and the seeker form the arrival team didn't see it, he would win the game instantly. No matter the score, the golden snitched value a whole lot of points. It was why it was so important in the game, besides making as many points with the quaffle, with the golden snitch you won automatically.

Dymetris kept his eyes sharp as an eagle and watched for any sight of the golden wings. He played close attention to the game, somewhat but it wasn't his job really to bother knowing what was going on. The golden snitch mattered most, with a quick dive underneath he went on scouting for the snitch.

It didn't mean he was invisible to the buldgers attacking him. Wheezing by he heard the sounds effects of a buldger rounding the corner and area he claim for the time being. Dymetris duck on time when a buldger threaten to aim for his head. Suddenly out of breath, he dive under again to avoid and mislead the buldger elsewhere It was pitiful shame that he didn't have the beater bat.

He haulted, stopping in midair, there on one of his teammates left shoulder he saw the snitch in sight. It was taunting him with it's golden wings fluttering at a very fast speed. It didn't stayed in the same spot for a very long time, snitches never do. But he had seen and followed the snitch with his eyes, speeding up the pace with his broom. He held on tight and lean down to increase the speed.

The snitch kept moving, never staying an one place at all. He wanted so bad to catch it, just so that he was worth this position this year. In a desperate move he let his cloak fall onto the ground to increase the speed some more. The snitch was getting close to his reach, ever so close as he speed away fighting to get it. Just as he about to turn around in one of the highest hoops, the boy caught between his small fingers. He caught the snitch, all the tension in his small body disappeared, he let out a grateful breath of air.

It's the hardest position, yest one of the easiest. In his hand he claim the golden brown ball. He smile as he flew down the pitch and showed the co-captains what he had accomplished. It was the best feeling ever, and he could not had believe he did it at his first try this year.

“Demonstrate…” Warren said. He got a sick feeling in his stomach. He wasn’t expecting it to be… freestyle. Mostly cause he wasn’t even to sure of how to show off his skill as a beater. He barely even remembered the name of the role.

“So…. If I turn around and just… run away, how do I think people would react?” Warren thought to himself. “I don’t know why… but I never realized I’d actually have to do anything to try out….” In reality, it more or less seemed like Warren was chickening out. The change of heart he predicated was occurring much to early.

“K…” Warren said out loud while shaking his head. He was trying to snap himself back into the mood. “The mood of being epic!”

Just like a Big A$$ Mo-Fo, Warren strutted over to the equipment. “Accio! Stick” Warren said as the beater bat floated into the air. He kicked at the latch holding the bludger, and on its first motions into the air, Warren knocked it… Well really not the far away. But it wasn’t a swing at full power. It was a bit more of a put, and really just done to give him some time to grab a broomstick before really showing off some skills… Which to be honest he wasn’t sure if he would have. However, just like everything in life, if you fake it for long enough… “Well… your just faking it… But you might be able to convince other people. At least that’s what all the sit-coms talk about how girls pretending fools guys. Maybe a me pretending will fool these folk.”

Warren grabbed the nearest broom and took to the air. Flying really wasn’t something that he took to naturally. His eyes were wide open as he moved at a rather slow pace making sure he wouldn’t crash into something. “Why did I pick the position where my whole goal is to crash into stuff?”.

The bludger was about to swoop into Warren. However, something must have gone wrong. The ball just sorta flew in front of him. It must have thought he would be going faster… Like most quidditch players would be.

Laughing Warren shouted to the general public. “I guess slow and steady wins the race!” He pulled his head up high which actually sorta ruined the steady factor. Warren flipped to the underside of the broom unexpectedly. Luckily for him, the bludger was passing under him at the time. Warren was swinging his arms in a pretty crazy, violent, and strange fashion as he was freaking out about falling off his broom. The bat in his hand slammed into the bludger and actually caused it to be embedded into the ground.

All the while Warren’s legs were firmly wrapped around the broom so he didn’t even fall. Though he couldn’t actually figure out how to get to the right side of his broom. So instead he simply got it to fly to the ground until he could just jump off and not seem like a total fool.

“Or I guess just slow and unsteady.” He thought to himself while a smirk came to his face. Once his feet were firmly on the ground he strutted about to where he was standing before. He looked at the bludger which was mostly covered by the ground (it had sorta buried itself into the ground and couldn’t escape). “So ya… I guess I want to be a beater!” Warren said again!

Daniel didn't eat a thing at breakfast that morning. His stomach had been churning with nerves ever since he arose. It was the day of the Hufflepuff quidditch tryouts and right now as he made his way down to the pitch with gleaming, brand new Streak Sapphire broom swung over his shoulder, he couldn't help but think that he would gladly resit any of his exams again rather than potentially humiliate himself in front of the real Quidditch players. Once he arrived in the changing rooms he changed into a stock canary yellow robe with the rest of the hopefuls and followed them out to the pitch clutching his broom in his left hand. This would be his first time riding his new broom and he was half looking forwards to it. Daniel didn't understand why he was so nervous. He had played for his house team before when he was at Hogwarts in Scotland. He played for only a year before he moved to New Zealand, he had decided to keep his head down during his first year so didn't try for the team but he missed the game too much to go any longer without playing.

The first port and call was to approach the Captain and introduce himself, "Daniel Young, Beater," He said. Having gone a year without practice Daniel wondered how his skills will have been effected. All the hopeful players mounted their brooms and took to the sky. The Captain had given the quaffle to the chasers, released the golden snitch and unleashed a single bludger. Daniel gripped the beaters bat firmly in his hand and glided around the pitch, his eyes on red alert for signs of the lone bludger. His nerves were slowly beginning to melt away as he felt himself in his element now. Out the corner of his eye he saw a big black ball hammering towards one of the chasers, Daniel leaned forward on his broom and shot towards the chaser, his bat held out in front of him. If he could just reach the chaser first. Whack Daniel's bat collided with the bludger and set it flying towards the other side of the pitch. He didn't stick around in the chasers way, he pulled his broom upwards away from the action and performed a bit of free flying all the while keeping an eye out for the bludger. Daniel couldn't believe he ever felt nervous as he guided his broom back to the group of players.

As if from nowhere, the bludger had returned. It flew right towards him and Daniel did all he could to avoid a collision and stay on his broom. Unsure of its next course of action he pulled his broom back towards the players and watched the bludger come towards them before, whack. Once again he sent it hurtling towards the stands. Eyes pierced Daniel continued to weave in and out of the players. Just waiting.

Team said:
Dannii Merrythought - Co-Captain - Beater
Daniel Cedric Young - Beater
Hamza Khalid - Co-Captain - Chaser
Raffaelo Menzure - Chaser
Robbie Masters - Chaser
Warren Hewitt - Keeper(I talked to him about a position change.)
Dymetris Kozlov - Seeker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back